Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Community Member knightgf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Are there any items outside of taverns that give spell point regen over time? items not spellsinger songs ect?
    Only item I can think of that replenishes spell points in the manner you describe are the Vile Blasphemy gloves found in the Necro IV raid. However, these gloves require a LOT of effort to obtain; I would definitely ask questions to yourself such as:


    • Am I ready to grind 5 long quests for god-knows how long until I get all the sigil pieces I need for the pre-raid?
    • Am I ready to do a boring-*** pre-raid that involves repeating it at a bare minimum of 4 times just to flag for the raid(At least you don't have to do this every time you wish to run the raid if I remember correctly) and has the chance of wiping automatically without a guide or prior experience?
    • Am I ready to do a really hard raid that has to be executed flawlessly in certain parts and has the chance of destroying my coveted greensteel weapons for good?

    If you said yes to all 3 of those of those questions, then good luck to you! You may someday obtain the vile blasphemy gloves you wish to seek or some of the other treasures that can drop in the Ascension chamber raid! While your at it, feel free to try farming for pieces of the Tome of Untold Legends or Shield of Legend! But if you said no to any one of those 3 questions(I said no to all 3) then don't worry. Never hurts to learn a few tips about mana conservation first before using pots and finding items that gives SP.

    As for the stats on the gloves...feel free to take a look for yourself. 2d6 per 6 seconds, lasts 66 seconds, and has 3 charges. At most, assuming you always roll 6's on your 2 six sided dice per 6 seconds, you could regenerate 360 SP if you use every single charge on your gloves. The average is probably around 180, give or take.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    Am I ready to grind 5 long quests for god-knows how long until I get all the sigil pieces I need for the pre-raid?[*]Am I ready to do a boring-*** pre-raid that involves repeating it at a bare minimum of 4 times just to flag for the raid(At least you don't have to do this every time you wish to run the raid if I remember correctly) and has the chance of wiping automatically without a guide or prior experience?
    Worth pointing out that Ghosts , Temple of Vol and Fleshmakers Lab ( 3 of the 4 sigil quests ) are not in any way long , are great xp and well worth running on that basis alone . The last of the quests in that stretch is pretty long and can take a while if you dont know your way around .

    Then Litany again although it is tough if you dont know the dragon riddle ( look it up before you do it and your fine ) and the sonic trap is a pain . the quest is generally doable and a good xp/minute reward .

    If you have got to level 20 without doing it , shame on you and yes you must go back and grind it if you want it . But it should be part of your leveling process to flag all raids .

  3. #23
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Backley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

  4. #24
    Community Member knightgf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bryanmeerkat View Post
    If you have got to level 20 without doing it , shame on you and yes you must go back and grind it if you want it . But it should be part of your leveling process to flag all raids .
    Let's just say I skipped buying Necro IV until I saw it in a 50% off sale one day. I seem to regret making this purpose, although it is not a total regret, because the one benefit I've gained so far is the ability to farm for minos legens helms on my characters. I tend to stay away from Necro IV other than that, because it reeks of undead doo doo to me and just doesn't seem very fun or rewarding, perhaps due to a side effect of the enviroment in the necropolis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    Not bad, not bad...covers pretty much everything in my head.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

  5. #25
    Community Member sephiroth1084's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    12,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Are there any items outside of taverns that give spell point regen over time? items not spellsinger songs ect?
    The gloves from the Abbot raid have a 3/rest clicky that provides SP regen at a tick of 2d6 per 6(?) seconds for 1 minute.

    Yugoloth Int potions give you back 1 SP per tick (might be 6 seconds on these as well) for the duration of the effect.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

  6. #26
    Community Member vVAnjilaVv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,965

    Default

    I disagree on the proc rate of Conc. Opp. items, if you're using them right they proc, they certainly proc enough for me to get thru a quest without having to worry about going back to a shrine to top off my SP.

    Any quest where you are surrounded by melee mobs, if you just stand there shield blocking and/or with some kind of adequate self healing it will regen SP.......it's not super, super fast, but it does help I find.

  7. #27
    Community Member sephiroth1084's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    12,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vVAnjilaVv View Post
    I disagree on the proc rate of Conc. Opp. items, if you're using them right they proc, they certainly proc enough for me to get thru a quest without having to worry about going back to a shrine to top off my SP.

    Any quest where you are surrounded by melee mobs, if you just stand there shield blocking and/or with some kind of adequate self healing it will regen SP.......it's not super, super fast, but it does help I find.
    I don't think I'd rely on this with just Conc-Opp, due to the low rate of return, but with both Conc-Opp and a Torc, you can regenerate SP incredibly fast this way. On my pale master, when I soloed Running w/ the Devils as I was leveling, I ran down the devil hallway and got back around 1,500 SP in maybe a minute or so.

    The best things to use for this are lowish damage, high volume mobs like bats and rats.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

  8. #28
    Community Member donfilibuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,452

    Default

    The spellsinger bard is renewable if you have an anthem item, at the rate of 1 song every five minutes or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload