Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Half Orc Classic Rocker

Updated 03-29-11:

+3 Tome self buffed, no ship buffs:

Original Build (Credit for a great build): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=249865

He's 20!!! Things to note. The SS really needs to subtract 200 Spell points and add 6 CON. I had Komors belt on intead of my 6 con belt.

Build:
    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.7.1
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Valindria's HO Classic Rocker
    Level 20 True Neutral Half-Orc Male
    (20 Bard) 
    Hit Points: 282
    Spell Points: 641 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 10
    Reflex: 11
    Will: 11

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             20                    29
    Dexterity             8                     8
    Constitution         16                    18
    Intelligence          6                     8
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma             12                    18

Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 20)
    Balance               3                    21
    Bluff                 1                     4
    Concentration         7                    22
    Diplomacy             1                     4
    Disable Device       n/a                   n/a
    Haggle                1                    22
    Heal                 -1                    -1
    Hide                 -1                    -1
    Intimidate            1                     8
    Jump                  5                     9
    Listen               -1                    -1
    Move Silently        -1                    -1
    Open Lock            n/a                   n/a
    Perform               5                    27
    Repair               -2                    -1
    Search               -2                    -1
    Spot                 -1                    -1
    Swim                  5                     9
    Tumble               n/a                    0
    Use Magic Device      5                    27

Level 1 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Power Attack

Level 2 (Bard)

Level 3 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons

Level 4 (Bard)
    Ability Raise: STR

Level 5 (Bard)

Level 6 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell

Level 7 (Bard)

Level 8 (Bard)

Level 9 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 10 (Bard)

Level 11 (Bard)

Level 12 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 13 (Bard)

Level 14 (Bard)

Level 15 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 16 (Bard)

Level 17 (Bard)

Level 18 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell

Level 19 (Bard)

Level 20 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Extra Song I
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack I
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack II
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack III
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery I
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery II
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery III
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage I
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage II
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage III
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song I
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song II
    Enhancement: Bard Warchanter I
    Enhancement: Bard Warchanter II
    Enhancement: Greataxe Training
    Enhancement: Bard Musical Prodigy
    Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage I
    Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage II
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack I
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack II
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack III
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength I
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength II
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Song I
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Song II
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Song III
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Incredible Song I
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic I
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic II
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic III
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma I
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma II
    Enhancement: Bard Wand and Scroll Mastery I
    Enhancement: Bard Wand and Scroll Mastery II

I still have a lot of items to aquire. Finishing out my gear will get me more hit points and better healing. I also have some room to improve damage (seeker item, etc). The best news I can use my Epic Antique Great Axe and start running epics with him. I have a ton of favor to clean up as well. I need to flag for TOD but other than that I am flagged for all but titan.

I'm debating putting +1 exceptional STR on my Great axe as a filler until I can get the WC ToD Ring. I'm just not sure I want to potentially waste epic tokens on it.

Anyway I just wanted to share with my bard friends. Rock on!

Old Pics:
    No Buffs
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2551/81166418.jpg

Self buffed. Also the armor I have on has a medium guild slot and so when I think about it I add 10% fortifcation to give me 100% when in reckless mode.
    http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2723/62696978.jpg
    Last edited by Valindria; 03-29-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Cool. How are you liking the DPS? I'm running a similar build, but minus the metamagics (I took full THF instead), and with 18str, 12int (for Hide, MS, Listen).

It functions well with minimal gear, though I'm only up to level 16. I would crash and burn without +6con, Greater False Life, and Heavy Fortification, but apart from those, everything feels like an optional bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbadoc View Post
    Cool. How are you liking the DPS? I'm running a similar build, but minus the metamagics (I took full THF instead), and with 18str, 12int (for Hide, MS, Listen).

It functions well with minimal gear, though I'm only up to level 16. I would crash and burn without +6con, Greater False Life, and Heavy Fortification, but apart from those, everything feels like an optional bonus.
    I've loved the DPS. From day one it has been very good. I mean you figure starting with 20 STR and going from there really helped. I got a Carifex from Delaras and it was basically a 1 hit kill for anything on a 17-20 roll.

Ideally at ~10 I'd have an SOS to switch to but in the 1 or 2 runs I did of Von at level it didn't drop. I used random weapons for a lot of mid to high leveling. I was loving the bloody cleaver with improved crit the body feeder triggered a lot.

My healing took backseat to my damage as well. So pretty much all my APs were spent on damage buffs until I didn't have any left. I've never felt like my damage was lacking or that I missed very often with PA on. This was the same with other enhancements. I remember thinking inspire reckless was a waste at level 12 since I only had 12 songs and it lasted less than 2 minutes.

I just got the kormor's belt in sins when I hit 20. If I could fit 6 CON somewhere I could wear it for the time being but really it was just an over site in the screen shots because I am running with +6CON/GFL as well. Most of the time I have a Magi club that I was swap to for +100 sp to use for buffing right after shrining. I also use cats grace as a buff and skip the dex item.

As far as Quicken/Maximise I have pretty much only used them in Shroud so far. Basically anywhere I stand with a group of melees around a boss. I've switched auto attack on and have my mouse over the mass heal button. I don't have the SP to support that mode for very long but if I used it as a just to help the cleric it works out well. That was at level 18 too. I haven't done it since hitting 20 (I never took level 19 just went from 18 to 20).

Quote Originally Posted by Valindria View Post
    Ideally at ~10 I'd have an SOS to switch to but in the 1 or 2 runs I did of Von at level it didn't drop. I used random weapons for a lot of mid to high leveling. I was loving the bloody cleaver with improved crit the body feeder triggered a lot.
    Yeah, I loved my Bloody Cleaver enough to make it Vampiric, too. It's fantastic for soloing.

My healing took backseat to my damage as well. So pretty much all my APs were spent on damage buffs until I didn't have any left. I've never felt like my damage was lacking or that I missed very often with PA on. This was the same with other enhancements. I remember thinking inspire reckless was a waste at level 12 since I only had 12 songs and it lasted less than 2 minutes.
    Stealth and Song CC are basically a way of life for me. It's often, "Hmm, I COULD tank these guys, or I could sneak past them, or I could sneak Fascinate them, or with foreknowledge and good timing I could charge around the corner with Fascinate already playing." I gladly forked out the AP for Extra Song IV, Music of the Dead, and Music of Makers. I'm a bit behind on my damage enhancements, but I'll make up for that in the next few levels.

I also use cats grace as a buff and skip the dex item.
    Yeah, I have no use for dex.

As far as Quicken/Maximise I have pretty much only used them in Shroud so far. Basically anywhere I stand with a group of melees around a boss. I've switched auto attack on and have my mouse over the mass heal button. I don't have the SP to support that mode for very long but if I used it as a just to help the cleric it works out well. That was at level 18 too. I haven't done it since hitting 20 (I never took level 19 just went from 18 to 20).
    Based on what I've read and my own experiences, the metamagic appeal becomes big in Epic speed runs. If you can eliminate the need for a cleric in a group, you've improved how fast the party can complete a quest.

I personally never got into Epics, though I do raid with guildies from time to time. If I'm beating down a raid boss and there's already a dedicated healer, I think the improved glancing blows from the THF line serve me better than metamagics would.

So far, I've found that my lousy unenhanced healing is good enough for emergencies; between CC songs and other abilities, I can almost always step away from a fight, and it doesn't take a huge amount of time to wand whip/pot chug myself to full.

Based on what I've read and my own experiences, the metamagic appeal becomes big in Epic speed runs. If you can eliminate the need for a cleric in a group, you've improved how fast the party can complete a quest.

I personally never got into Epics, though I do raid with guildies from time to time. If I'm beating down a raid boss and there's already a dedicated healer, I think the improved glancing blows from the THF line serve me better than metamagics would.

So far, I've found that my lousy unenhanced healing is good enough for emergencies; between CC songs and other abilities, I can almost always step away from a fight, and it doesn't take a huge amount of time to wand whip/pot chug myself to full.
    I need more gear before I can solo heal epics. I need a SP GS item (conc op prefered), bauble/ss ring, gauntlets of eternity, and some other gear. As I play this too more I might need to respec some APs. In my current setup I only have scroll mastery 1. I'd love to have more. My original thinking was I would just use my heals but until I can get some better gear I don't have the SP to support this style.

The sad part is I don't want to take any of my APs away to do this. I'm thinking I can skim some here and there. I can take from lingering song III (3), CHA II(4), Crit Amount I(1), WC II Great Axe Training (1). That would give me the 9 need to max scroll mastery. I'd have an odd CHA until I could get a +1 exceptional (or keep ship buff active). I'd have to cast masters touch with every weapon again but not a big deal since for the most part I'll just rock the antique great axe.

Another (potentially crazy) idea would be to respec to SS for the spell point regen song and other bonuses. I'm not ready to do that yet because I am really loving double strikes. My CC would be non-existent but I should be able to heal and melee.

So far I have only done one epic with a pug on this toon. It was a little rough but we got it done. I have yet to run with the guild but I think that when that happens it'll be better.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default This build looks like a lot of fun!

If not to unreasonable to ask:

I have access to 32 points builds but no tomes, how would you redistribute the ability points without the tomes if any?
    As well as any gear you would recommend specifically for lvls 1-4, 4-8, 8-12, 12-16, 16-20?

Thanks in advance for any & all help, muchly appreciated! :P! !

The listed build is 32-pt. 16 points to strength (bringing the value to 20 due to half-orc racial strength bonus). 10 points to constitution. 6 points to charisma. Everything else left at minimum.

Personally, I wouldn't play this spread; like I said, I like to put six of those points from strength into intelligence, because I like keeping Hide, Move Silently, and Listen maxed.

Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    If not to unreasonable to ask:

I have access to 32 points builds but no tomes, how would you redistribute the ability points without the tomes if any?
    As well as any gear you would recommend specifically for lvls 1-4, 4-8, 8-12, 12-16, 16-20?

Thanks in advance for any & all help, muchly appreciated! :P! !
    On mine I ended up with near max haggle, umd, and perform with some points in balance and a lot in concentration. Haggle is the least important so if you couldn't get a +2 int tome that might be the one to cut. Just kid of depends on what you are after. The build listed has a different skill distribution than my actual.

Any gear that helps with STR, CON, and CHAR is helpful. Gear at each level to improve those stats as well as general +hit gear, defense, etc.

I used a Acid great sword with Frost on it from 1-4. I used a holy or flame touched 2 hander for undead in deleras. I used the Carnifex from ~4-10. Really whatever 2 handed weapon you can find would be fine.

On mine I ended up with near max haggle, umd, and perform with some points in balance and a lot in concentration. Haggle is the least important so if you couldn't get a +2 int tome that might be the one to cut. Just kid of depends on what you are after. The build listed has a different skill distribution than my actual.

Any gear that helps with STR, CON, and CHAR is helpful. Gear at each level to improve those stats as well as general +hit gear, defense, etc.

I used a Acid great sword with Frost on it from 1-4. I used a holy or flame touched 2 hander for undead in deleras. I used the Carnifex from ~4-10. Really whatever 2 handed weapon you can find would be fine.
    Ok, that's great info/advice! I think I have a duplicate hellstrike axe I got from chronoscope ill use!

Last question, any suggestions on spell preference or?

Thx again in advance mucho appreciated! :P! !

Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    Last question, any suggestions on spell preference or?
    Would those be just Valindria's preferences?

Off the top of my head:

Haste and Displacement far and away give the biggest boosts to your melee ability of all your spells. I don't have Extend on mine, so I treat these spells a bit like action boosts.

Standard buffs include: Expeditious Retreat, Master's Touch (usually 2-3 weapons per shrine), whichever songs seem appropriate, Freedom of Movement. Greater Heroism is semi-standard. Technically, if you're not hard-up for UMD and nothing in a quest casts fear at you, its only benefit is the extra HP. It's definitely a spell worth knowing.

Situational buffs include (note that most of these need to come from a wand, potion, or other source since you can't learn the spell): Protection from Evil (covers some of the stuff Freedom of Movement doesn't, like a Vampire's Domination), Resist <element> (you can prevent an Acid Arrow from doing you further harm by chugging a resist acid pot after the spell has hit you), Divine Power (clicky form; FANTASTIC for bosses, since Fascinating them generally won't help), Jump (I carry an item and pots).

Blur, Good Hope, and I feel like several others are all buffs worth having; sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't.

Utility spells include:
    Dimension Door. It does what it does, and makes you 10% more popular at parties.
    Break Enchantment. Because sometimes there's an enemy blade barrier or wall of fire in your way.
    Greater Dispel Magic. There aren't too many monsters that need to be dispelled. Getting rid of Fire Shield is the biggest thing that pops to mind, since that will actually kill you if you're not careful. The trash mobs that cast Stone Skin usually aren't a problem; casters tend to die easily enough even with the DR 10/adamantine.

Summon Monster <number>. You don't get the really good high-level ones as a bard, but the ones you do get can still be useful. I try to keep the highest level or next-highest level version I can, and drop a lower one when I have one that's better.

Cure X and Mass Cure X. First few levels: Wands are enough. Then you get Cure Moderate, and for a while it's a pattern of replacing the old when you get something better. At higher levels, it's good to have multiple Cure spells, though; I'll probably end the game with Cure Critical, Cure Serious, Mass Cure Moderate, and Mass Cure Light.

Edit: I almost forgot: Get Otto's Irresistible Dance. It has no save, so your lousy charisma doesn't matter. And unlike all those silly splashed melee bard builds, you actually have half a chance of beating devil magic resistance.
    Last edited by Gorbadoc; 01-17-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Default Thx everybody!

Would those be just Valindria's preferences?

Off the top of my head:

Haste and Displacement far and away give the biggest boosts to your melee ability of all your spells. I don't have Extend on mine, so I treat these spells a bit like action boosts.

Standard buffs include: Expeditious Retreat, Master's Touch (usually 2-3 weapons per shrine), whichever songs seem appropriate, Freedom of Movement. Greater Heroism is semi-standard. Technically, if you're not hard-up for UMD and nothing in a quest casts fear at you, its only benefit is the extra HP. It's definitely a spell worth knowing.

Situational buffs include (note that most of these need to come from a wand, potion, or other source since you can't learn the spell): Protection from Evil (covers some of the stuff Freedom of Movement doesn't, like a Vampire's Domination), Resist <element> (you can prevent an Acid Arrow from doing you further harm by chugging a resist acid pot after the spell has hit you), Divine Power (clicky form; FANTASTIC for bosses, since Fascinating them generally won't help), Jump (I carry an item and pots).

Blur, Good Hope, and I feel like several others are all buffs worth having; sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't.

Utility spells include:
    Dimension Door. It does what it does, and makes you 10% more popular at parties.
    Break Enchantment. Because sometimes there's an enemy blade barrier or wall of fire in your way.
    Greater Dispel Magic. There aren't too many monsters that need to be dispelled. Getting rid of Fire Shield is the biggest thing that pops to mind, since that will actually kill you if you're not careful. The trash mobs that cast Stone Skin usually aren't a problem; casters tend to die easily enough even with the DR 10/adamantine.

Summon Monster <number>. You don't get the really good high-level ones as a bard, but the ones you do get can still be useful. I try to keep the highest level or next-highest level version I can, and drop a lower one when I have one that's better.

Cure X and Mass Cure X. First few levels: Wands are enough. Then you get Cure Moderate, and for a while it's a pattern of replacing the old when you get something better. At higher levels, it's good to have multiple Cure spells, though; I'll probably end the game with Cure Critical, Cure Serious, Mass Cure Moderate, and Mass Cure Light.

Edit: I almost forgot: Get Otto's Irresistible Dance. It has no save, so your lousy charisma doesn't matter. And unlike all those silly splashed melee bard builds, you actually have half a chance of beating devil magic resistance.
    Holy that was mega informative! Thx a bunch! +1 rep again 4 u! :P! !

Don't forget Focus Chant.

What Gorb said is great.

Here is what I have in the planner:

Code:
    Level 1 (Bard)
    Spell (1): Master's Touch

Level 2 (Bard)
    Spell (1): Expeditious Retreat

Level 3 (Bard)
    Spell (1): Merfolk's Blessing

Level 4 (Bard)
    Spell (2): Blur
    Spell (2): Rage

Level 5 (Bard)
    Spell (1): Focusing Chant
    Spell (2): Invisibility

Level 6 (Bard)

Level 7 (Bard)
    Spell (3): Haste
    Spell (3): Good Hope
    Spell (2): Cat's Grace

Level 8 (Bard)
    Spell (3): Displacement

Level 9 (Bard)

Level 10 (Bard)
    Spell (3): Remove Curse
    Spell (4): Dimension Door
    Spell (4): Cure Critical Wounds

Level 11 (Bard)
    Spell (4): Freedom of Movement

Level 12 (Bard)

Level 13 (Bard)
    Spell (4): Otto's Sphere of Dancing
    Spell (5): Greater Heroism
    Spell (5): Mass Cure Light Wounds

Level 14 (Bard)
    Spell (5): Mass Suggestion

Level 15 (Bard)

Level 16 (Bard)
    Spell (1): Sonic Blast
    Spell (5): Summon Monster V
    Spell (6): Heroes Feast
    Spell (6): Otto's Irresistable Dance

Level 17 (Bard)
    Spell (2): Glitterdust
    Spell (6): Mass Cure Moderate Wounds

Level 18 (Bard)
    Spell (3): Cure Serious Wounds

Level 19 (Bard)
    Spell (4): Break Enchantment
    Spell (6): Greater Shout

Level 20 (Bard)
    Spell (5): Greater Dispel Magic

I did a +1 lesser reincarnation of a level 15 drow bard the other day into something similar. I took rogue at level 1 and plan to take a second level at 16 for evasion though. Anyway, I was basically aiming to be able to swap from warchanter to spellsinger at any time. I went with a little higher charisma, so that my strength and charisma are both reasonably high. After playing the build a couple of days, I liked it so much I started to look at it a little harder and ended up doing an almost identical build to yours. I bet it's a blast to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Sani_Medicor View Post
    I did a +1 lesser reincarnation of a level 15 drow bard the other day into something similar. I took rogue at level 1 and plan to take a second level at 16 for evasion though. Anyway, I was basically aiming to be able to swap from warchanter to spellsinger at any time. I went with a little higher charisma, so that my strength and charisma are both reasonably high. After playing the build a couple of days, I liked it so much I started to look at it a little harder and ended up doing an almost identical build to yours. I bet it's a blast to play!
    Cool. I'd still recommend saying pure bard but if you are having fun with it no worries. Evasion on a toon with dex as a dump stat is kind of pointless. The +1/+1 and capstone make up for it imo. I know a lot of WCs hate the capestone, but personally I like it because it does a little bit of everything.

I still need a ton of gear on this guy. I've gotten a lot of runes for my DT armor but have not done SoS yet. I have a +1 Exceptional STR waiting for my DT armor. That will give me an even STR without the ship buff. I really need SP and SP regen (bauble) items to help support my healing. I could also use TOD Flagging and the WC necklace to keep my heals at +50%.

Overall it has worked really well in some fights to surround a boss with maximize/quicken on and just hit self heals/ masses as needed. Eventually I want to move to be able to solo heal epics. I'm not there yet.

Gear Log:

I ran my 1st Epic ADQ on this toon. Damage was so much better than my other bard. I didn't have to heal which helped just focusing on damage. I picked up some perfect fillers until I can get more of my end game gear.

I got sandstone goggles to be my goggles until I can get Tharnes (or build GS).

I got Crest of ST. Markus. While it's not perfect I know can swap gear around, lose 20 hp and have 6% crit chance on heals. Gear swapping would take a toll but it's doable if I know I am going to heal.

Basically my STR ring becomes Ancient band for Heavy Fort. My Gloves (shocking on 20) become STR gloves, and my helm becomes St. Markus. I'd lose 20 hp and lightning damage on vorps. Though if I am a primary healer it could be an ok sacrifice. Probably a better solution until I can get the gauntlets of eternity is the GH Elf Relic armor. Then I can just swap armor when I am on primary heal duty.

My last 2 runs of Reavers have been bad as far as loot. I think we have seen 1 item in each run. I've set the goal to run every Monday and Thursday to try to get 2 completions a week.

Epics have been good. I have done Von 1, Snitch, Big Top, Last Stand, ADQ, and Von 6. I haven't filled the solo healer role in any yet. I got a staff of shadows so I can level drain, got an improved destruction great axe, and use my E Antique GA when needed.

I don't know if it's a sad thing or a good thing, but with gear my HOrc will out damage and out heal my other bard. The issue with healing right now is a lack of item crit chance, lack of Sup Pot 6 necklace, and lack of total SP. Damage is better due to WC II, Higher Str, and HOrc goodies.

Edit 01-26-11:
    Finished SOS and got lucky when crunching left over runs. I ended up with 10% Healing Amp, +1 Exe STR, Destruction. Gives me 36 STR standing. I'm really excited to get destruction as it was my end game sov idea. I ended up having to lose 100 SP to put it in, but eventually when I make my GS I will get those sp back.

No buffs:
    http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3421/67439199.jpg

Self buffed no ships
    http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6807/21990537.jpg

Edit: 01-28-11
    I got a bloodstone. Base damage on my crits is now ~215 +goodies. It's not the 600s of full dps classes but it's significant.

I solo healed Epic VON 1 and Snitch last night. I picked up the elf relic armor in GH. When I know I am going to be healing and not swinging a weapon I had that armor on and a sup pot 6 weapon. 80% better heals with a 15% crit chance. The main issue was running out of SP and not having high scroll mastery. The only hard part about snitch was Creatos. That is were the sp and scroll mastery were the biggest issue. I ended up having to drink a few pots. I need to get a bauble, ss ring, and my GS conc up item to help keep up. Also getting the healing gauntlets from GH would really help with my crits.

02-09-11
    I've been on a loot drought as of late. I don't think I have pulled a name item in awhile. I was lucky enough to have a high roll on a M-Chain outa EADQ. So far I have been using my DT + Bloodstone since the DT is 10% HA, +1 Str, Destruction. When I get TOD rings and other gear I want to work the M-Chain in as my main DPS set with a different trinket (hopefully an awesome one from the upcoming event).

02-14-11
    I hit a lot of raids last night (EADQ, EVon6, Shroud, Reavers, HoX, VoD). I got a torc last night. I had pretty much given up on ever getting one since my main bard has ~ 55 completions with only seeing it 1 time (and it was not put up for roll). I roll high this time an ended up with a torc. I love the torc (as I knew I would). My spell pen is now 25 and the sp regen is really helpful.

I also got the shard of the Xuum. I am going to work on getting that as well as my main goal of an SoS. With my limited play time it might not be the main thing, but I could work on it when on timers for VoN. It was nice seeing named items under my name for a change. Seem like the last few weeks I have been just geting random rewards in raid chests. I got the Tharnes bracers which I passed on. I also gained the tumbleweed and breast plate of destruction (no one wanted it) out of HoX.

02-17-11

Traded for the scroll and got the seal of the Xuum. I now have an Epic Xuum. I have only played a little with it but for the most part I like it. We were calling it "The Poor mans SoS" because its 15-20 x3 (with improved crit). I have also completed my ToD boots so I just need to finish the quests to be flagged.
    Last edited by Valindria; 02-18-2011 at 10:56 AM.

[QUOTE=Valindria;3527218]

Are bard saves usually that low? I was expecting mid to late 20s on all...

Also, the HP? I was hoping to find a build that could lock in 500+ for epics. Is that possible?
    Tguu-Thelanis

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    You are much better off posting your own LFM, and building your own party. Otherwise, you are at the mercy of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by tgu View Post

Are bard saves usually that low? I was expecting mid to late 20s on all...

Also, the HP? I was hoping to find a build that could lock in 500+ for epics. Is that possible?

Base:
    Fort, Ref, Will
    +6, +12 , +12

http://ddowiki.com/page/Bard

I still need some gear and the pic has the wrong belt on. So figure:
    +5 all (resistance if I can get it. I have +4 in an anthem cloak if I want)
    +3 Fort for +6 CON belt
    +4 Will for +6 WIS Item(conc op) and +2 WIS Tome at 1750 total favor

The more up to date pic was after I finished my DT: http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6807/21990537.jpg

For Hit points I am at 427 currently when raged (sucks having a d6).

+20 for tier 3 GS. I currently need larges so it's only tier 2.
    +10 GH Favor
    +20 +2 Exc CON Planning on it for TOD

Not sure if 500+ is possible

Founder

Not sure if 500+ is possible
    500+ is definitely possible. I am at 487 raged on my human pure WC. When I get my proper TOD ring I'll craft +2 exceptional CON onto it putting me at 507. This is without ship buffs, yugo pots, a +7 CON item or a +3/4 CON tome.

Community Member

Leveling up an Dwarf bard now, my main concern with the Half-orc build was the lower hitpoint totals, especially before being geared. I like to have a little wiggle room in case I mess up, or if I happen to be... inebriated.

My current plan is to level up a dwarf, and TR him into a half-orc if/when I get enough gear so that I can switch to a half-orc without being too squishie.

Regardless, thanks for the update! It's good to see that you are liking the build.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    500+ is definitely possible. I am at 487 raged on my human pure WC. When I get my proper TOD ring I'll craft +2 exceptional CON onto it putting me at 507. This is without ship buffs, yugo pots, a +7 CON item or a +3/4 CON tome.
    OK. Human's can take +1 con and Toughness III.

I was saying with my build I don't think I'll reach 500+. Poor wording on my part. I mean I might get just over 500 but I don't think I'll be getting it that far over 500.

427 raged
    20 GS
    20 +2 CON ToD
    10 Favor
    10 Sup False Life (epic dusk heart or something)
    20 +4 CON Tome
    ------------
    507 - Possible but not likely for me.

I will say that the HP have not really been an issue for me. There are a few times were more would be better but for the most parts the self heals (quicken + max in situations) have been good enough to keep me alive.
    Last edited by Valindria; 02-14-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast