Thread: Idyllic Touch

Community Member English_Warrior's Avatar

Default Idyllic Touch

Does anybody have any idea how to negate Idyllic Touch.

I've been soloing "Eye of the Titan" on my WF Favoured Soul and I find this particular effect pretty annoying.... I can still complete the quest but it makes the end fight last much longer than I'd like (and it gets pretty hairy if it hits at the wrong time) and its slowing down my farming of this quest.

SR doesn't seem to work, neither does FOM, neither does Holy Aura, neither does being WF...any ideas? Or do I just have to put up with it?
    Last edited by English_Warrior; 01-12-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    Sarlona
    Main Toons = Alphasixsix - Blackbell - Ironsack - Deltasix - Ironflute
    Euro Refugee...both in game and out.

Community Member

As I recall, it's just a moderately high will save DC. Undead shrouds should negate it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruell View Post
    As I recall, it's just a moderately high will save DC. Undead shrouds should negate it as well.
    "Undead Shroud" I'm not sure I know what you mean....could you elaborate?
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by English_Warrior View Post
    "Undead Shroud" I'm not sure I know what you mean....could you elaborate?
    I think he missed your point about being a FvS. Undead Shroud is for a wiz.

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Enhan..._of_the_Wraith

Just curious...what difficulty are you soloing? I've solo'd up to hard on my WF FvS, but elite is just too painful.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by TEcarson View Post
    I think he missed your point about being a FvS. Undead Shroud is for a wiz.

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Enhan..._of_the_Wraith

Just curious...what difficulty are you soloing? I've solo'd up to hard on my WF FvS, but elite is just too painful.

Cheers
    Ive been soloing on norm....doesn't seem too bad except for the end fight when I keep getting held in place....haven't tried it on hard or elite with this character (level 19 btw).
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by English_Warrior
    Does anybody have any idea how to negate Idyllic Touch.
    Idyllic Touch is an Illusion-based Compulsion that causes paralysis. Because the cause of the paralysis is based on a mind effect an immunity to paralysis doesn't block it. You need immunity to compulsions to completely negate Idyllic Touch (which is obtained by Wizard Pale Master's Shroud of the Lich or Wizard Pale Master's Shroud of the Wraith).

Due to this your best defenses against Idyllic Touch as a Warforged Favored Soul are:
    • Increase your Will Save. The DC is roughly 30.
    • Increase your AC or lower the Dream Stealer's to-hit. The melee hit must connect for Idyllic Touch to work. Although, it may not be likely that a Warforged Favored Soul will hit an AC that provides much help.
    • Utilize concealment. Effects like Blur, Displacement, and Obscuring Mist can help to lessen the likelihood the Dream Stealer can hit you.
    • Be mobile while attacking. The Dream Stealers have a moderate melee range, but it can be avoided.
    • Predict the Idyllic Touch animation and block. Blocking an attack negates most secondary effects, including the save roll against Idyllic Touch. Dream Stealers do the Idyllic Touch animation quite fast, so you have to anticipate the action and block rather than letting it be a reflex when you see the animation start.
    • Find spots to melee from where you can't be attacked back. Dream Stealers who are bosses are large foes and can't fit around certain areas, allowing you to wedge yourself in some nooks to attack them with no melee retaliation. Your two-handed weapons can have a longer range than their melee AI is set to physically attack you.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Aha thats some great advice.

Good to know...I wasn't sure if it was based off an attack or whether it was a spell....now I know. Thank you.

For some reason the wiki and the DDO Compendium don't have an entry for Idyllic Touch and when searching the forums it was only mentioned in passing with no detail given.

Thanks for the info.
    Sarlona