Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Manitoba, Canada: Meet and Greet

Hey, I have been wondering for some time, how many of us DDO players there are in Manitoba.
    I have seen a couple others, but am wondering if there are more.
    This is a meet and greet here on the forums, I am not saying let's all meet up at the Tim Hortons on Fermor in Winnipeg and awkwardly say hi to a bunch of people who we have talked to once on the internet.
    Although, if people realize that there are some others close by and want to set something up themselves, remember that it is winter time, and that white stuff outside is called snow. It helps make our rode slippery during the winter... So don't drive like an idiot. (I really have no faith in Manitoban drivers, sorry
    Member of Ron's Character Planner team.
    Found a missing, outdated or better graphic on the planner, let me know here.

There are a few Manitobans around. Myself, my GF who plays and a real life friend who plays when he can. We also met a player from Selkirk two weeks ago as well. We are all on Sarlona.

Yeah, I saw you last night, and I know I saw another person from Winnipeg and one from Selkirk post in the festivault, ice games thread, and that's what originally gave me the idea of seeing how many more there are.

I know I have been trying to get a couple friends and my brother-in-law to hop over from their games and start playing, but they don't want to. You'd figure with it being F2P to start that they would at least try it out. My younger b-i-l plays, but he's a 16 yr old who acts like a 10 yr old, so I don't really want to play with him. (and he's from Ontario)

Community Member

Hello, I'm from Winnipeg and I got two of my RL friends playing as well. Thanks for the timmies on fermor line it made my wife and i laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethasoigh View Post
    Hello, I'm from Winnipeg and I got two of my RL friends playing as well. Thanks for the timmies on fermor line it made my wife and i laugh.
    Closest one in the city to me. And I doubt everyone wants to go to one in Steinbach...
    Although I will be close to downtown today..... What's the closest one to the MTS Center?

Community Member

FWIW - don't live in Winnipeg, but have in the past and my family is still there. And yeah - being a bit of a coffee fiend, I know the Timmies on Fermor too.

Definitely don't envy you your Winnipeg winters. I'm near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan now - the cold is a drier one.

Thanks for starting the thread.

... and all the americans reading this are wondering what timmies is ... lmao

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martdon View Post
    Closest one in the city to me. And I doubt everyone wants to go to one in Steinbach...
    Although I will be close to downtown today..... What's the closest one to the MTS Center?
    Edit: i'm an idiot, the closest timmies to MTS centre is in the MTS centre other than that one it would be on St Mary and of course the one on Portage and Vaughn
    Last edited by Sethasoigh; 01-08-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Another Winnipeger here. Don't actually think I've been to the Timmies on Fermor before though. Heh, guess I don't get out much.
    .:[Aluatris Songsteel - 18 Bard | Elorick - 18 Monk | Daevian - 8 Wizard]:.
    .:[Roleplayer and proud member of the Fellowship of the Golden Night on Thelanis ]:.

Peg city in the house

Quote Originally Posted by Sethasoigh View Post
    Edit: i'm an idiot, the closest timmies to MTS centre is in the MTS centre other than that one it would be on St Mary and of course the one on Portage and Vaughn
    Lol, there was two, that I counted. Well three, but one wasn't in the building, but just off the walkway at City Center I believe. The one I ordered at, wasn't a full Tim's more of just a coffee stand, with the beer and pizza, but there was a full one as well.

Moose won in overtime!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Faelyndel View Post
    Another Winnipeger here. Don't actually think I've been to the Timmies on Fermor before though. Heh, guess I don't get out much.
    Hit that one on the way home, had a major headache, and the coffee at the game helped, but I needed a bit more, and they close all the food stands immediately after the game So I had a fix on my way out of town. I usually only have coffee every other week, so I didn't feel too bad about two in one night.

Quote Originally Posted by maddness018 View Post
    ... and all the americans reading this are wondering what timmies is ... lmao
    Coffee shop. There's a couple scattered around the States as well. If you like straight up, no bull coffee, then you'll find no better. If you like stuff that comes in 100 flavours, 50 nationalities and cost as much as a normal meal, then it wouldn't be for you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Faelyndel View Post
    How does it look doctor?
    Not good. Has a severe timmie on his femur.
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Khanyth View Post
    Peg city in the house
    I generally avoid going into Winnipeg, unless I have to. Saturday night was the first time I had driven up Fermor in a few years. If I do go in, it's usually near the perimeter, so I can avoid the city for the most part.

I think they should build a Tim's here in Ste. Anne. I think I could keep it open myself

Quote Originally Posted by Martdon View Post
    I generally avoid going into Winnipeg, unless I have to. Saturday night was the first time I had driven up Fermor in a few years. If I do go in, it's usually near the perimeter, so I can avoid the city for the most part.

I think they should build a Tim's here in Ste. Anne. I think I could keep it open myself
    So long as you have good staff and a competent manager, you'd make buckets of cash.

Buckets.

I dunno if they'd give you one, because (and don't quote me on this) but I think you need a population base that St. Annes doesn't have (again, I think) http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/join...se_ca_faq.html

The only problem I have with Tims is that every time I drink or eat there, secretly, I feel that I am becoming a Maple Leafs fan.

And that fact alone, scared the bejeebuuuz outta me
    Last edited by Khanyth; 01-12-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Hey fellow DDO Manitobians,

Just to clarify Steinbach has two Timmies now... one on the north side of town and one on the south. I'm from Kleefeld, a small town about 10 minutes west of Steinbach.

And yes... I have been to Timmies on Fermor altough I'm not actually a huge coffee fan. I prefer my caffiene addiction in cold form (Pepsi).... Although I guess I could just buy that at Timmies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Khanyth View Post
    So long as you have good staff and a competent manager, you'd make buckets of cash.

Buckets.

I dunno if they'd give you one, because (and don't quote me on this) but I think you need a population base that St. Annes doesn't have (again, I think) http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/join...se_ca_faq.html

The only problem I have with Tims is that every time I drink or eat there, secretly, I feel that I am becoming a Maple Leafs fan.

And that fact alone, scared the bejeebuuuz outta me
    Oh, I know Ste. Anne will probably never get one. I just really hate going to Winnipeg, and Steinbach is really boring, so unless I am grocery shopping I don't go there as well.

I'm a proud Oilers fan, so none of the subtle subliminal Leafs messaging affects me.... Although my 8 month old wears some hand me down Leafs slippers at time 0,o

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    Hey fellow DDO Manitobians,

Just to clarify Steinbach has two Timmies now... one on the north side of town and one on the south. I'm from Kleefeld, a small town about 10 minutes west of Steinbach.

And yes... I have been to Timmies on Fermor altough I'm not actually a huge coffee fan. I prefer my caffiene addiction in cold form (Pepsi).... Although I guess I could just buy that at Timmies as well.
    I know there are two no in Steinbach. But I only go to the one by Safeway, seeing as it's on the end of town I go through, if I am there. And there's so many good memories of staying there til 1,2,3,5,7 am with friends, laughing, crying, ordering pizza, that the other just doesn't seems right if you are going to hang out with people. (Might make a good spot for an all night DnD session )

I have friend(s) who live in Kleefeld. I generally lump all the people I know from New Bothwell, Niverville and Kleefeld together, and don't always remember who lives where. Have only been there once though about four years ago....

Winnipegger here. there seems to be quite a few of us actually. I myself know of 2 other RL peoples

Talking Yay Winnipeg!

Well i thought I was the only soul here on the Peg that plays this game xD The Timmies Im in the most is on McPhillips tho, closest to where I reside xD

I love the fact that Timmies stood out quite quick in this thread

So it looks like 13-14 Manitobans at least. (All who either posted, or referenced friends who play)

Well, I know one person in my guild is too, so that's 14-15. Unless people are referring about each other, when they say their friends play.

Sweetness, nice to know there are more of you out there. Being the only one with a snow storm in May, gets saddening.

Pegger here.

Me my girl and her brother all play on orien.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast