Thread: So I hear...

Community Member

Default So I hear...

Cryptic is putting out a 4th ed MMO based on NWN

Thats too funny for words

Quote Originally Posted by buddahcjcc View Post
    Cryptic is putting out a 4th ed MMO based on NWN

Thats too funny for words
    It gets worse, its going to run on the same engine as Champions Online (which is now going F2P because its on the verge of failing completely). I doubt to many people will play it just on principle, but i doubt anyone playing it will stick around for long... Cryptic just can't make good MMO's. Look at every attempt they've made so far.

-M

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sainy_matthew View Post
    It gets worse, its going to run on the same engine as Champions Online (which is now going F2P because its on the verge of failing completely). I doubt to many people will play it just on principle, but i doubt anyone playing it will stick around for long... Cryptic just can't make good MMO's. Look at every attempt they've made so far.

-M
    They dont make good MMOs, they make bad asian f2p money grinders that have monthly sub fees and all have the same game engine

look at STO

But the irony of them making a MMO from 4.0 rules when 4.0 is (IMO) an MMO on paper is amazing

-M
    Actually, City of Heroes is very good. Of course Cryptic hasn't had any involvement with it for 3+ years.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordPiglet View Post
    Actually, City of Heroes is very good. Of course Cryptic hasn't had any involvement with it for 3+ years.
    It is good now that Bill Roper has left it and they sold it to NSoft from what I remember

Quote Originally Posted by LordPiglet View Post
    I think you'll find that is why its good now.

Community Member

-M
    Cryptic seems to find a good idea, make a decent game with it, then goes about messing it up as quickly as possible. I was an avid CoH player for many years, started at launch, lived through all the stupidity caused by Jack Emmerit (sp?) and was there when Matt Miller (Positron) took over and made CoH great.

Champions had some nice ideas, a few nice features, and a decent design philosophy, but their execution was ****. Cryptic seems to specialize in this.

On the bright side, I doubt we will lose anyone in DDO to the 4th edition MMO, and the few that do go over there and stay are most likely the people that we would want to leave anyway.
    “He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination.” - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)
    "I married your mother because I wanted children, imagine my disappointment when you came along." - Groucho Marx

The Left Side

Champions was actually a pretty decent game. The real problem was that Cryptic would have these huge nerfs every week that would completely eliminate the usefulness of a build. Also, because the whole game could be soloed, there wasn't any real player community.

Tormenting Role Players, Perma-Death players, and Turbine Mods since February 2006!
    Clandestine * Magestic * HughJaas * Chaloopa * LaBamba * Fervent * DezNuda * Heinous * DeLaScorcha * Waxxoff

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by DelScorcho View Post
    Champions was actually a pretty decent game. The real problem was that Cryptic would have these huge nerfs every week that would completely eliminate the usefulness of a build. Also, because the whole game could be soloed, there wasn't any real player community.
    my problem with champions was it had nothing to do with game it was based on other than some history and the fact it was super heros.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE