Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DDO zone map

Smile

Glad you like it

PM me with your email and I'll send the texture to you.

Time Bandit

Nice. I'm not sure how you want to consider Necropolis though.

Lower Necropolis is accessible to free-to-play. All the quests in there are pay-to-play though, but you are free to run around in the area even if you don't have any of the packs.

However, Upper Necropolis is different. You can't even get into Upper Necropolis at all unless you have the Necro 4 pack.

Both are listed as being the same pay-to-play area though, but that obscures this dictinction.

This distinction is important if, like me, you didn't have the Necro 4 pack but bought some taps off the AH to go make a Minos Legens in Upper Necropolis...

Oh also. Currently the airship doesn't drop you off at Amrath, even if you have the planescaller. It's bugged.

I'm not sure about the Necropolis. I think it is adequate for now, everything is pay-to-play and that is accurately reflected. But I really wish you could double-click and get a detailed view that showed the actual breakdown into sections, including quests.

And then maybe double click again to see the adventure area map and quest maps.

Maybe. This is all doable, all of the adventure areas and most of the quests have been mapped. It is just that I have to decide if I am taking something like that on and if so where to host it.

----

Regarding the airship, I think it actually does jump to Amrath if you have one of the more expensive navigators. But if not, I leave the jump on the map and maybe add a footnote. This is clearly a bug and will (one assumes) eventually be fixed.

Doesn't Meridia contain both a quest giver and a quest?

Awesome work, already gave +1

I did notice that there is no One Eared Bugbear Inn...food, lodging, and transportation to Stormreach within.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

From a previous thread on this topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by TasteTester View Post
    Not sure if this would help, but I did a zone location-connection map for my guild about 5 months ago. It's located here. Note that the map shows in stylized form the relative locations of zone to zone connection points (e.g. Tangleroot is in the NW corner of House P as shown on the map) which is very helpful to newer players.

Since I did this before U8 the brand new content is not in, I may update it over the holidays.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Very nice!

Somebody did something a year or two ago as well but I couldn't find it.
    Last edited by geoffhanna; 01-16-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Smile Updated Map

Zone Map is now current through Update 11.

As always, please feel encouraged to point out anything I missed or misstated.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    Zone Map is now current through Update 11.

As always, please feel encouraged to point out anything I missed or misstated.
    You marked Lordsmarch Plaza as a P2P area, but it's a mix of F2P and P2P because there are 3 F2P quests in that area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delssar View Post
    Khyber is the worst server (IMHO) for community.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Therilith View Post
    Doesn't Meridia contain both a quest giver and a quest?
    ^^ this. The Shroud is handed out and accessed thru Meridia.

and +1 to the op, the map is awesome. Great job!
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

1. (As mentioned) "Meridia" is Pay to Play, not Contains No Quests.
    2. (As mentioned) "Lordsmarch Plaza" is Mixed Free and Pay, not Pay to Play.
    3. "Restless Isles" is actually called "The Foothold", and is Pay to Play, not Contains No Quests. (I guess this depends on what you mean by "Contains a Quest" - the normal quest givers are here and I think the more important information is that the area is Pay to Play, as in you cannot get there without the pack. Same for "Amrath", "Restless Isles", "Reaver's Refuge", and "Gianthold".)
    4. "Siber Atoll" contains no quests, but is a Pay to Play area, not sure how to mark that.
    5. The "Three Barrel Cove" Adventure Area is actually accessed through "The Salty Wench Tavern" Public Zone, not directly from House Deneith and Harbor.
    6. I'm not at home to check, but I don't think there is a connection from "Three Barrel Cove" to "Ataraxia's Haven" You are missing the one-way connection from House Deneith to "Ataraxia's Haven", so that's probably what that line was meant to be.
    7. You could put "The Resort Spa" as a Public Zone accessed through "Ataraxia's Haven".
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Argh I had Lordsmarch wrong in version 1, corrected in version 2, back to being wrong again in version 3. Will fix.

Meridia: check, does contain The Shroud, will fix.

Restless Isles has more than one name. This came up last year when I was making version one of the map. IIRC, It is only called The Foothold on the teleport selection screen? I think I went to the zone and used the name that the zone uses for itself. Also, it does not contain a quest, it only has an entrance to an adventure area.

I can (and will) double check the name.

Regarding the ship lines from Ataraxia, I think they are correct but I will double check them as well.

Regarding the other comments from everyone (and thank you all for them!), I had to make some decisions to keep this from becoming so complicated that it was unreadable. And so I did:

1. It only counts as a quest if it has monsters in it. Thus, the House K crafting hall contain no quests even though it sort of does.

2. Zones that are entirely contained within other zones and have no special entrance or egress are not shown. Thus, the crafting hall in House K is shown (it is a teleport landing zone) but the crafting hall in House C is not.

This same reasoning allowed me to leave off the Black Anvil Forest, The Salty Wench, the One-Eared Bugbear, and several other "zones" that are either just sub-zones within a public zone or "foyer zones" that are really extensions of the quests they frontload.

I really should follow through on my threat to make this a clickmap and have zones blowup into greater detail when selected. If only I had actual ambition, rather than the drab semi-motivation that I use to (barely) drag myself from one day to the next.

Update to follow shortly.

Smile

Updates applied. Was surprised to see a connection from House K to 3 Barrel Cove, but its added regardless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12