Hybrid View

Default PVP pecking order, yes or no?

This is my ordered list of the top pvp classes and variants for "anything goes" fighting (stuns, dances, dispels, songs, slayer arrows...etc).

Basically a list (based on my observations) of who is going to win more often against the general population. It assumes access to useful pvp gear of course.

No direspect to anyone's classes, this is just what I've noticed from extensive observation from the platform while I'm a ghost

1) Shintao Monk - able to stun anybody instantly with high DC Kukan Do or Tomb of Jade, closes quickly and kills.

2) WF Pale Master with Wizard Past Life - Immune to bard songs for the most part, has the quickest and most reliable means of discharging an ioun stone. Can do high damage which can't be blocked, then pws to win. Can still do damage while blocking with a tower shield.

3) Virtuoso Bard - Can dance most people instantly with Song of Capering (highest DC CC effect in the game?). With higher risk, may sometimes get close enough to a pale master and use Music of the Dead to stun it, then kill (difficult if it has an ioun stone). A bard with ranger splash and manyshot may be useful with str/con sapping bows.

4) WF Wizard or Sorcerer with Wizard Past Life - Past Life missiles, and able to clear ioun stones quickly. Not immune to Bard songs. Can beat AA's with tactics and an easily accessible block button (as long as the AA is not already in the arena waiting).

5) Arcane Archer - Able to apply a lot of pressure and can one shot a lot of other classes if they are not blocking. Beaten easily by the Monk and Bard above, can be beaten easily by Arcanes with Wiz Past Life who use the right tactics and have good timing.

6) WF Wizard - Can swap pvp spells in and out at will, usually has all metamagic feats. Better with a splash for evasion. Can increase reflex saves significantly with a feat.

7) WF Sorcerer - Fast casting speeds and abilitiy to spam spells to apply pressure. Lower DC's than the Wizard.

8) Cleric/FvS - Cometfall, healing, and various other damage spells, has a very hard time against people with Ioun Stones. Better with a splash for evasion.

9) Other Bards, Non WF Arcanes and Ranged Builds

10) Melee Builds (Paladins, Fighters, Barbs, non-Shintao Monks, Rogues)
    Last edited by Majere_Aumar; 01-04-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Sounds about right, though player twitch skill often factors greater than the class played at the time.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to keep me tame.
    Thelanis
    Toons: Diclonius, Sempresno, Slitmuno, Slitmdos, Slitmtres, Skyfe, Calcatrix, Marcosias, Sumona, Tarokian, Etc.

True, tactics, movement and knowledge of other class abilities factor a LOT.

You need remember that some of those can be combined.

For instance:

Elven Bard Virtuoso Arcane Archer.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

Is h4x a pvp class? and is it at the top of the pvp pecking order?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    You'd think it would be at the bottom if you read his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post

hahaha

Top of the "wanting PvP changes made" order maybe
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Quote Originally Posted by toughguyjoe View Post
    You need remember that some of those can be combined.

For instance:

Elven Bard Virtuoso Arcane Archer.
    Have one .. Yup shes pretty cool to run. Still only lvl 18 and wont get slayers till 20th BUT all around a great toon and even better ... Its a viable toon OUTSIDE of PvP as well
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majere_Aumar View Post
    1) Shintao Monk - able to stun anybody instantly with high DC Kukan Do or Tomb of Jade, closes quickly and kills.
    Huh??? That actually goes off against non pale masters in the pit? I mean given what Jade is supposed to do... aberation, undead, outsider. All of which, we PCs are not save for a wizard pale master and that is only when they are in one of their "forms".

Community Member

i completely disagree. i've yet to meet a monk that can dps a stunned but blocking toon before guards proc and kill said monk. that or the toon survives the attack with little damage to self heal and counter attack.

vitualy all melee is at the bottom of this list as not being able to kill before a proc besides a barbarion. tho, a barb does actualy have to catch u first still far more dangerous than any monk i've seen.

10) Melee Builds (Paladins, Fighters, Barbs, non-Shintao Monks, Rogues)
    Like, if the Melee is good he can wipe the PvP.
    Bards today! Bards tomorrow! Bards forever!

I thought I should throw in a few things you guys have overlooked.

1. Meteor swarm clickies. Easy and cheap to make, now you can wipe out ioun stones with any class.

2. Barbs with ioun stones. House P pendant + sprint boost = SUPER fast. They will catch you. With FotW's adrenaline, you only need to hit em once or twice, even if you have 600-700 hp, as that first adrenaline hit usually hits for 500+ hp, not including burst effects like frenzy dmg.

3. Fatesingers also now get siren's song, which is usually a death sentence without a house p cloak.
    Last edited by AegonTargaryen; 10-19-2012 at 02:58 AM.
    "Greet miles of trials with smiles. It riles them that you perceive the webs they weave" -Roger Daltrey Logenn/Masticus/Tyrione/Kemosabi/Warrforgery/
    Mechanically Synergia - Argonnessen