Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Blood

Community Member

Default The New Blood

Hi people,

The New Blood started out a couple years ago as a mentoring newbie guild on the Devourer EU server. Nowadays we are a collective of like-minded friendly people who like to enjoy the game without stress or drama and play at their own pace. We’re a mixture of newer and experienced players, some of us have a number of characters across the levels and like to try different builds. Although we do raid and run endgame content, it is not our focus. We’re not a hardcore guild; many of our members are casual players and most of us have daytime jobs, families, partners, other hobbies etc. We’re not very organized or disciplined but we help and support each other and quest and raid together when we have sufficient numbers online.
    The majority of our members are located in Western Europe (GMT +0/+1) and play in the evenings and throughout weekends. We also have a bunch of North American members (2x MA, 1x WA, 1x Ontario) although these are somewhat casual and tend to unexpectedly disappear and resurface several weeks or months later.
    We are currently level 45 and progress steadily, albeit not very fast. We have 20+ active accounts but due to the casual nature of the guild we are not likely to ever appear anywhere near the top of the leaderboards. Lately we’ve usually had 5-10 people online in the evenings.

I am currently looking to increase our numbers a little bit to be able to do more guild questing and scheduled runs at mid and high levels.

You might want to give us a go if you:
    - Like to play in a relaxed, friendly and forgiving environment (we usually giggle at and wave off each other’s mistakes, even if they occur repeatedly.. which they often do).
    - Are new to the game, willing to learn, progress to high level content and are looking for advice from more experienced players without dogmatic or patronizing comments.
    - Appreciate light-hearted humour and don’t mind ocassional off-topic conversations (food and alcoholic beverages in particular seem to be often discussed in guild chat).

We are not suitable for you if you:
    - Have an inflated ego.
    - Take yourself or the game too seriously.
    - Tend to use cheats, exploits, double-boxing and similar methods of advancement; buy or sell in-game items from other people for Turbine Point codes, expansion codes or anything else that's purchased using real life currency.

Reply here, PM or find us in game if you’re interested.
    Last edited by Micron; 04-17-2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: amended "not suitable if"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

Still looking for the right people

Everyone seems to have run off to dragon age at the moment smelly game!
    The New Blood
    Athrael Tinyclanger Tinypiker Tinyskittle
    ~Gollie~ ~Littleears~ ~Milacku~ Tinyflinger

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

/wave

Hi guys, still having fun over on Thelanis?

yes! next
    The New Blood
    Athrael Tinyclanger Tinypiker Tinyskittle
    ~Gollie~ ~Littleears~ ~Milacku~ Tinyflinger

Quote Originally Posted by Nouda_EU View Post
    yes! next
    dont type on froums log on :P slacker
    Thelanis -> D 20bbn (TR 1) | H 11rgr/7mnk/2ftr+2 (TR 1) | K 20bbn+3 (TR 3) | K 15pal/3mnk/2ftr (TR 1) | M 20+1 fvs (TR 2) | S 8mnk/12pal (TR 2)
    Gimped -> B 20wiz | Work in progress -> B (TR 1) 6rgr/6bbn/1rog | B (TR2) 14fs I drop BB; I don't HJEEEAL (:

Quote Originally Posted by maha0201 View Post
    dont type on froums log on :P slacker
    Dont post on the forums, and start leading those tiles.

Well, I was going to apply, but I'd have to give up my dual-boxed other accounts, and y'know, Whiffleball is funnier than you guys...
    Thelanis: Thingy Kortgat Banjocopter Meepmule Pinkleponk Bazonga
    ~ ArchAngels ~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandalet View Post
    Well, I was going to apply, but I'd have to give up my dual-boxed other accounts, and y'know, Whiffleball is funnier than you guys...
    That's a shame as we all love you and there's only one guy in the guild who has a problem with dual-boxing. Unfortunately that guy is unlikely to change his mind about it. But then again, you hang out in our channel all the time so it's okay.

Anyway, thanks for all the free bumps I guess. Indeed, we are looking for a couple "upper intermediate" players at the moment, to fill in the gaps that sometimes occur when some of us temporarily toodle off to play some smelly single player game or to attend to the obscure activity that is sometimes refered to as "real life". We are looking for self-sufficient people who don't mind resorting to short manning or pugging when the number of people online is low, which inevitably happens at times.

Our current goals include:
    - Reaching level 55 so we can get rid of the stupidly designed level 50 ship; we are halfway to level 52 atm.
    - Leveling TRs. Almost everyone in the guild is running about on one or more of these at the moment.
    - Running Shroud, SoS, Amrath and similar to gear up for endgame content like ToD and Epics.
    - Putting together a group of players who can take on entry level Epic quests (so we don't have to ride on aLiclan's coattails all the time ).
    - Starting a brewery and cider making facility in North Yorkshire and launching a range of real ales, alcoholic and non-alcoholic ciders and maybe a trendy lager or two to increase the profits.

As much as we love newbies and have a reputation for having treated them nicely in the past, I would generally discourage them from applying as the majority of guild members are interested in high level content at the moment. New or really casual players might find themselves lagging behind or neglected. That said, attitude has always been considered slightly more important than skill or efficiency in our guild so if you believe you would fit in and could deal with that, contact me and we'll see what we can do.

Send a PM or find us in game if interested.
    Last edited by Micron; 03-24-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    - Starting a brewery and cider making facility in North Yorkshire and launching a range of real ales, alcoholic and non-alcoholic ciders and maybe a trendy lager or two to increase the profits.
    Hm, now i'm actually tempted to apply.

'Real life' is a delusion, brought on by excess blood in the ciderstream.

You know what to do.
    Thelanis: Thingy Kortgat Banjocopter Meepmule Pinkleponk Bazonga
    ~ ArchAngels ~

we're at level 55 now, and have a shiny new sky boat! its so pretty even if the facilities arent amazing yet
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    we're at level 55 now, and have a shiny new sky boat! its so pretty even if the facilities arent amazing yet

Grats

If you put all of those resists shrines on it, ill be first in line to rob it
    Thelanis -> D 20bbn (TR 1) | H 11rgr/7mnk/2ftr+2 (TR 1) | K 20bbn+3 (TR 3) | K 15pal/3mnk/2ftr (TR 1) | M 20+1 fvs (TR 2) | S 8mnk/12pal (TR 2)
    Gimped -> B 20wiz | Work in progress -> B (TR 1) 6rgr/6bbn/1rog | B (TR2) 14fs I drop BB; I don't HJEEEAL (:

PM sent

shadeweaver/crazydiamond/uncle thorrun/garrel here.

micron matey hows things, been a long time - glad to hear new bloods still going strong.

not playing on thelanis but damn.. considering making a toon there now i found out where u guys are living - ill let u know if i do.

Also - me and a guildy are thinking of running an arcane master class, we havent started this yet but thinking of doing so via forums and in game tutuoring (on orien). The intention of this would be teaching genuine new players about arcane classes - id be teaching wiz and my guildy teaching sorc. If any of the new blood (genuine newbies - not the officer core) need any advice your officers cant answer on these matters let them know they are more than welcome to pm me on forums.

any ways again glad to hear u guys still rocking the house.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Community Member

Hi Shadeweaver. I remember you talking me into joining your guild on my wf at some point in 2006 or maybe early 2007, before I went halfling-only.

Always good to see that some old-timers are still sticking around. Will make sure to send people to you if anyone has any arcane related queries we can't answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    joining your guild on my wf
    This totally destroys my mental image of you!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sabberlodd View Post
    This totally destroys my mental image of you!
    Yo dude. Have you finished being bored yet?

The New Blood hit level 60 at last, just before midnight UK time yesterday, yay us!
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Grats~ Now update your little thread in the T land forums so we get to read more of your wacky inside jokes!
    No~ Stop! Don't ~Slow Down! Does not apply to Melee Class.
    Communication only works when People listen.
    Felline - Lyonne - Shandrine - Pingkie

Grats~ Now update your little thread in the T land forums so we get to read more of your wacky inside jokes!
    No~ Stop! Don't ~Slow Down! Does not apply to Melee Class.
    Communication only works when People listen.
    Felline - Lyonne - Shandrine - Pingkie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast