Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Default Might of the Abishai and Divine Favour

I've noticed that the duration of Divine Favour seems to glitch when I'm swapping items around with my Might of the Abishai set.

I have Helm of Frost (Ice helm?), Scorched Bracers, Boots of Corrosion equipped.

When I swap Boots of Corrosion out for Featherfall boots I notice that the duration of my divine favour jumps around from 1:06 (for level 7 WF FvS), 30 seconds and even 24 seconds!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Might of the Abishai *should* increase my caster level for divine favour by 1 (evocation spell) but at level 5 with the set equippd I was still only getting +1/+1 from divine favour.

So I just got Heal and tested healing with it (150 at level 13 on a WF with tier 3 healers friend) and then put the 5 piece Abishai set on to get the +1 caster level to conjuration spells and recast heal. Still got 150.

Lame.

I'd take screenshots but I'm on a mac so it doesn't work well ...

Lancashire UK - Keeper Refugee, Played since beta

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    So I just got Heal and tested healing with it (150 at level 13 on a WF with tier 3 healers friend) and then put the 5 piece Abishai set on to get the +1 caster level to conjuration spells and recast heal. Still got 150.

Lame.

I'd take screenshots but I'm on a mac so it doesn't work well ...
    http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Spell:Heal

It caps out at 150 before potency and empower heal

Edit

But if you just got it youre under level 15 and should be able to increase its level so im talking out of my ass again
    Last edited by Dexol; 01-12-2011 at 05:21 AM.
    Dex - Leader - THΣ ЏΠΣΔЯТΗΣÐ ΔЯСΔΠΔ
    I don't do serious, it no fun

Quote Originally Posted by Dexol View Post
    http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Spell:Heal

It caps out at 150 before potency and empower heal

Edit

But if you just got it youre under level 15 and should be able to increase its level so im talking out of my ass again
    Yes exactly, I have Favoured Soul Healing IV so have +40% to the healing which, when coupled with 75% healing amp for healers friend III on a WF equates to 150 at level 13 I suppose. This should change with a +1 conjuration level but doesn't.

Community Member

Silly question but you have made sure you have no stacking issues ?

Id make sure theres no other item giving you the same bonus and if not bugreport it .

Quote Originally Posted by bryanmeerkat View Post
    Silly question but you have made sure you have no stacking issues ?

Id make sure theres no other item giving you the same bonus and if not bugreport it .
    Yes I have reported, no I can't think of any other item or item set that gives +1 caster level to evocation and/or conjuration spells (I usually use Robe of Duality to boost up divine favour, but you know, tincan).

If there are any items that do give a caster level bonus I certainly didn't have any equipped when i was doing the test (about the only named items I had were the abishai set and trash from korthos, bladesmark docent too).

Has anybody else tested this? Is anyone else getting different results to me?

Perhaps it only works for arcanes in which case fire shield should have an increased duration while 3 piece abishai set is equipped. Web should have an increased duration while 5 piece set is equipped (and many other conjuration spells).

Perhaps it is unique to me in which case any divine should be able to equip it and see an increase in duration of divine favour, divine power and blade barrier. Heal should hit for more when the 5 piece set is equipped if below level 15.

Abishai set caster level bonus is possibly bugged. Further testing would be needed, but I'd guess the caster level isn't working as advertised.

To test, I'd suggest the following:

Evocation: Divine Favor at level 5 should give +2 luck bonus to attack and damage rolls.
    Conjuration: Neutralize Poison should have +1 minute to duration.
    Moved to Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbinder View Post
    Abishai set caster level bonus is possibly bugged. Further testing would be needed, but I'd guess the caster level isn't working as advertised.

To test, I'd suggest the following:

Evocation: Divine Favor at level 5 should give +2 luck bonus to attack and damage rolls.
    Conjuration: Neutralize Poison should have +1 minute to duration.
    Yes, thank you, I have tested it extensively on my own character and don't see that it works. It is possible that only I am experiencing this or that it is restricted to an aspect of my build (divine, FvS, WF).

If anyone else could test this it would be greatly appreciated. Spell durations are the most effective way to observe a difference. Neutralise poison, divine favour, blade barrier, divine power, fire shield and web are all options testing.