Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default 13 ran/6 ftr/1 mk?

    Hi, I've been away from DDO for a while, and a lot has changed with TWF since I left. Been playing an alt that is a 13 ranger/1 fighter/1 monk currently and I am wondering, with the TWF changes, which would be a more solid choice...13 ranger/6 fighter/1 monk, or 18 ranger/1/1? I think tempest III was my original plan for the character, but I don't really remember. Would I get more out of kensai I or tempest III I guess is the main question I have? The character is a scimitar wielding elf if that helps any also.

  2. #2
    Community Member Salvidrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    58

    Default

    I guess between TemIII and KenI/TemII it's up to you, but you probably should go 12Rgr/7Fgt/1Mnk (or 12/6/2), as from L12>L13 Rangers gain -nothing- except a tiny bit more SP. No new spells/day, no new granteds, no better saves.

    Or 18/1/1 for TemIII... it's just the 13th Rgr level that's extraneous.

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks...yeah, that's why I figured I must have been going for 18 ranger back when I was playing, can't think of any other reason I would have had 13 ranger already. So I guess Tempest III it is.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isolani View Post
    Thanks...yeah, that's why I figured I must have been going for 18 ranger back when I was playing, can't think of any other reason I would have had 13 ranger already. So I guess Tempest III it is.

    I think 14 ranger/4 fighter/2 monk gives you a lot more melee prowess. More feats and more strength to play with, as well as more hp

  5. #5
    Community Member Salvidrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    58

    Default

    But he would be giving up BOTH TemIII and KenI... no?

  6. #6
    Community Member RATRACE931's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster5 View Post
    I think 14 ranger/4 fighter/2 monk gives you a lot more melee prowess. More feats and more strength to play with, as well as more hp
    Yeah this doesnt make sense to me, you lose kensai1 and tempest 3 for... nothing noticable, at least at 15 rgr u would get a new fve and more damage to them.
    Sarlona-
    Grimbite Goblin Muncher, King of Storm Cleave.

  7. #7
    Community Member Salvidrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    58

    Default

    I have been suggested 15 Rgr/4 Ftr/1 Splash in the past also (along with the above 14/4/2), and both seem odd as to the loss of vital DPS PrC...

  8. #8
    Community Member RATRACE931's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salvidrim View Post
    I have been suggested 15 Rgr/4 Ftr/1 Splash in the past also (along with the above 14/4/2), and both seem odd as to the loss of vital DPS PrC...
    also loss of 1 ftr feat
    Sarlona-
    Grimbite Goblin Muncher, King of Storm Cleave.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RATRACE931 View Post
    Yeah this doesnt make sense to me, you lose kensai1 and tempest 3 for... nothing noticable, at least at 15 rgr u would get a new fve and more damage to them.
    Both Tempest III and Kensai 1 are garbage, and both require feats that you would usually not take otherwise.

    Ranger 14 gives you access to 4th level ranger spells, and therefore freedom of movement or CSW, both are very useful

    Fighter 6 would give you 4 additional HP and 1 feat at the cost of some decent self healing/buffing. It can also give you +1 str at the cost of 4ap, but that would leave most builds requiring a +3 tome at end game to get the benefit (it would otherwise leave you on an odd number)

    18 levels of ranger is significantly less of a payoff than 14 ranger/4 fighter. You lose 3 feats, 2 ranks of toughness and 1 str for no real gain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload