Default DDOcast Episode 198 w/ Ask the Devs #13 (12-19-10)

Episode 198 is now ready! Here's a LINK to the episode - just left-click to play, right-click and 'save as' to download as an mp3. You can find DDOcast on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and Cyberears.com.

This DDOcast we have Ask The Devs #13, DDO Game news, A primer on Armor Kits, Chrunchy Bits Live on Battle Mages, and of course a DDO Poetry Corner from Skaggy the Poet.  We have guests Samius, FoPo, and Coldin. And special guests Cordovan and Tolero!

ANNOUNCEMENT: DDOcast is on Holdiay Break! We'll be back for our live shows on January 8, 2011. In the mean time, keep an eye on the podcast RSS feed, iTunes, and Zune for our holiday special episode!

###

DDOcast Episode 198 w/ Ask the Devs #13 (12-19-10)

0:15 Intro
    1:38 DDO Game News
    12:20 When Bugs Attack!
    16:34 DDO Store News
    17:08 EU Transfer Update
    17:35 What are Guests up to in DDO
    20:32 DDO Community News
    26:19 Ask the Devs #13
    57:22 Surprise Guests!
    1:06:01 DDO Poetry Corner
    1:08:51 Armor Kit Primer
    1:14:35 Crunchy Bits Live - Battle Mage Builds
    1:36:45 Other D&D News
    1:38:08 Emails to DDOcast
    1:40:10 Guest Last Call

END

TOTAL TIME: 1:46:36

###

LINK for Winter Bonus Days!

LINK for Maintenance Downtime Notes for Monday, Dec 20th.

LINK for Half-Orcs Bug Discussion

LINK for EU Transfer Updates

LINK for VIP for only $9.99/month

LINK for DDO Store Sales & Promos

LINK for Winter Desktop Wallpapers

LINK for Eberron chronicle

LINK for Letters to the Jester

LINK for Update 8 on DDOwiki

LINK for DDO Cocktail Hour #38 - Tomes

LINK for DDO Source #19 - It’s the Jon show

LINK for DDM's Realm Update 8

LINK for Big Ten Unveils Logo, Names Divisions 'Dungeons' and 'Dragons' (SATIRE)

LINK for "Big Ten Conference to have Legends, Leaders divisions | College football"

LINK for Dungeons and Dragons Jones Soda

###

Hotline for Voicemail & Live Calls: (650) 336-5424 Yes that's (650) DDO-LICH
    UStream URL: www.ustream.tv/channel/ddocast
    Email: ddocast@gmail.com
    Twitter: twitter.com/#!/ddocast
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DDOcast
    DDO Forum Names: Theris and Sigtrent

###

Sig & Anne
    Last edited by Theris; 12-20-2010 at 02:53 PM.
    Thelanis: Anne|Annala|Torzion|Anastazie|Sprockettz|Theris

DDOcast - A DDO Podcast for Fans by Fans! >> Google+ || Twitter || Facebook || iTunes || DDOcast RSS Feed || YouTube

Talking I am the winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Theris View Post
    We have guests Samius, FoPo, and Coldin. And special guests Cordovan and Tolero
    First!
    Co host of Cocktail Hour with Lessah and Samius! and my new blog SamiusGurobo.com for my real thoughts on DDo and everything else. Nothing but good stuff i swear.

Good job guys, was nice hearing the devs and what they would like to see implemented in game. Was a Entertaining episode yet again.

Happy holidays and keep up the good work. Peace!

Community Manager

Asparagus.

(Just had to say it....)
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

NOOOOooooOOOoooo! You cant go on vacation! What will I listen too next week and the week after at work?

And I mean besides the Cocktail Hour, if they do their shows.
    Last edited by AZgreentea; 12-20-2010 at 04:03 PM.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

FYI: Cordovan is also a type of leather artworking found in shoes, belts, saddlebags, tapestries and hence why the word "cordovan" is associated with a brown color. Cordovans were also known as artisan indulgent decor, often used in lieu of tapestries. They were gilded in gold and embossed hangings made of a leather called Cordoba Leather, because they originated from Cordoba, Spain.
    These arts of work were introduced to the Iberian Peninsula in the 9th Century by Moors.

Hooray for medieval history!
    Thelanis: Anne|Annala|Torzion|Anastazie|Sprockettz|Theris

DDOcast - A DDO Podcast for Fans by Fans! >> Google+ || Twitter || Facebook || iTunes || DDOcast RSS Feed || YouTube

Default great show

Quote Originally Posted by Theris View Post
    FYI: Cordovan is also a type of leather artworking found in shoes, belts, saddlebags, tapestries and hence why the word "cordovan" is associated with a brown color. Cordovans were also known as artisan indulgent decor, often used in lieu of tapestries. They were gilded in gold and embossed hangings made of a leather called Cordoba Leather, because they originated from Cordoba, Spain.
    These arts of work were introduced to the Iberian Peninsula in the 9th Century by Moors.

Hooray for medieval history!
    realy good hearing the devs thoughts.
    are you sure it was Moors I was sure it was Moops ....

That same question about displaying sheathe weapons was ask and answered in DDO Cast Episode 98 Ask the Devs 7 but in more detail.

From DDOCast Episode 98 (12-20-08) - Ask the Devs 7

Dev 1 - Well I would like to do but every object needs the attachment points set on it so that’s why we haven’t done it inherently, in character creation we put the things there and move them around and stuff and spent 20 min on every weapons. Actually it’s something I really like to do, it’s just so incredibly huge that if we were to look really good its a gigantic piece of work.

Dev 2 - I think we also run into problems with the way animation plays in battle with those types of things attach because we definitely have tried some of those things. But to keep a polish look of it, there’s a lot more, more than a handful of time investment to pull it off right, the way we want to release it.

Dev ? -None of the animations are rigged with stowed weapons as holding points so essentially every animation in the game that would need it, like climbing a ladder, For example any kind of custom animation where you jumping or whatever need to be updated also. So it’s a really big task .

Dev ?- The answer you looking for is, No.

Tolero -You have a choice you can have a visible weapons or you can, you know, dungeons.

Besides that, your did another good episode of ddo cast.
    HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!