Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

Default Hound of Xoriat Soloed

Only normal for now. Might try harder difficulty in a few days.

Phat lootz!

Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Ok this is, by far, the MOST impressive soloing feat in ALL of DDO!

Grats!

Default 6 Minutes?

I'm impressed you beat it, but I'm more impressed you did it in 6 minutes.

Congrads.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around how you pulled that off, and I can't. I've been in a number of full raid groups that fail this quest.

Kudos to you, good sir!
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Build?
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

Very impressive! grats! What was your strategy, in particular for avoiding the knockdown and bees?
    Almost nearly always: Ghallanda, THE OLD TIMERS' GUILD
    Most likely: Heisenberg, Landau, Boltzmann, Sommerfeld, Rutherford, Bohr, Tezla, and Dirac.
    But also: Vigner, Minkowski, Schrodinger, Fermi, Hartree, Sternn, Gerlach, and others.

Gratz!

I also would like to know how you did it

thanks

faso

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenx View Post
    Build?
    Judging by the quick bar setup I'm going to go with 20 FvS with a big investment in Wisdom/Con at creation.

7 Feets including 5 metas one toughness and one wizard pass life feet.
    Please consider your future in DDO and invest in HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    And when you do it everyone's like "omg I want to give birth to that guy's BABIES!".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirac View Post
    Very impressive! grats! What was your strategy, in particular for avoiding the knockdown and bees?
    If you keep a moderate distance from him he will almost never overrun, as for bees I had to find every buff imaginable to get my reflex to 42 so I never failed bees except on a 1.
    Teth - Revenants

Community Member

There's no way you could solo this in much more than 6 minutes so the time isn't the impressive part. If it goes any longer than that you're probably going to fail.

Did you just sp-dump on the opening portals for quick kills, rush the puppies to the middle and get them up and running? How did you manage the stuff coming to the middle while still keeping the puppies up? I'm very impressed here and just wondering how you managed the traffic cop and dog nanny acts at the same time.

Community Member

Default bees?

Evoker FvS w/ plenty o' past life spell point goodness?

I'm curious about bees and knockdown as well.

It doesn't look like deathpact came into play so I'm guessing you UMDed a globe of invulnerability or something? Or maybe you just made good saves and know how to move well enough to avoid them? I'm assuming your 10 DR helps against other attacks but wouldn't mitigate bee damage, right?

Congratulations!
    "What? Where?" *clunk, thud* :-)

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    If you keep a moderate distance from him he will almost never overrun, as for bees I had to find every buff imaginable to get my reflex to 42 so I never failed bees except on a 1.
    Very nice. The FvS Leap is huge in keeping your distance prior to charming. But then, you have to gather all the dogs to charm. I figure this is the tricky part.

Certainly, even keeping the dogs alive while killing trash mobs is impresive solo, but I would think the moment of charming is particularly difficult.
    Last edited by Dirac; 12-14-2010 at 05:01 PM.
    Most likely: Heisenberg, Landau, Boltzmann, Sommerfeld, Rutherford, Bohr, Tezla, and Dirac.
    But also: Vigner, Minkowski, Schrodinger, Fermi, Hartree, Sternn, Gerlach, and others.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    There's no way you could solo this in much more than 6 minutes so the time isn't the impressive part. If it goes any longer than that you're probably going to fail.

Did you just sp-dump on the opening portals for quick kills, rush the puppies to the middle and get them up and running? How did you manage the stuff coming to the middle while still keeping the puppies up? I'm very impressed here and just wondering how you managed the traffic cop and dog nanny acts at the same time.
    Basic strategy was buff to high hell, head counter clockwise to the NE. Destruct mindflayer and pick up stone. Now comes the tricky part. Implode right away and wing, you should kill 2 renders before big dog gets on you. Keep a moderate distance and continue chugging haste pots. Destruct 2nd mindflayer and pick up stone. Continue keeping distance from big hound and repeat process until last 2 stones are acquired.

Now head to the middle destructing any renders along the way. Once in middle wait for all 3 dogs to be in middle, be sure to time your charm right and not get tripped. Wait for little dog to get on Xyzzy. Now charm the other 2, use amrath belt and throw a mass cure crit right away. Now hit them with mass bull str and switch to gimpy 30 sec haste robe. Continue healing and throw a blade barrier around big dog. Kite any renders that come in while healing and hasting main dog. Use eardweller and nuke the hell out of the big dog ftw.
    Teth - Revenants

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Basic strategy was buff to high hell, head counter clockwise to the NE. Destruct mindflayer and pick up stone. Now comes the tricky part. Implode right away and wing, you should kill 2 renders before big dog gets on you. Keep a moderate distance and continue chugging haste pots. Destruct 2nd mindflayer and pick up stone. Continue keeping distance from big hound and repeat process until last 2 stones are acquired.

Now head to the middle destructing any renders along the way. Once in middle wait for all 3 dogs to be in middle, be sure to time your charm right and not get tripped. Wait for little dog to get on Xyzzy. Now charm the other 2, use amrath belt and throw a mass cure crit right away. Now hit them with mass bull str and switch to gimpy 30 sec haste robe. Continue healing and throw a blade barrier around big dog. Kite any renders that come in while healing and hasting main dog. Use eardweller and nuke the hell out of the big dog ftw.
    Appreciate the run-down. It is fun to see the strategy. Congrats again, +1.

Really nice work. Now would u care to explain to me why you have food on ur fvs! Save urself a backpack slot!

N
    GROAN-1 (Melee/Casting Horc FVS)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nick_robinsonchia View Post
    Really nice work. Now would u care to explain to me why you have food on ur fvs! Save urself a backpack slot!

N
    For the pit, when those pesky arcane archers think they can out dps me shield blocking while the food heals me.

EDIT: Gratz on your 2000th post!
    Teth - Revenants

Awesome))

GL on your Chrono
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Very intresting, and great job. I pondered trying something similar to this myself, a couple of months back when I wanted to check if I could solo my way to the Hound-entrence... and once I got there, well, I wasn't gonna turn back without giving it a shot, now, would I?

I didn't get too far - I think I managed to get the second stone and was just about to kill the third flayer when I got overrun, Bee'd and eaten. I then got distracted by something shiny while thinking about other tactics I could use, and completely forgot about any more attempts.

Also (and I don't mean this in a negatory way, shape or form), you're not the first one to complete this solo; some guy whos name escapes me (I'm sure someone will fill me in soon) managed it back in Keeper a year or two ago, although with massively different tactics (Stealth caster using FtS on trash before it was time-capped). Your completion time completely blows his out of the water, though; 6 minutes vs. 45ish, if my memory serves me right

Once again, congratulations and great job!

Grats!

Gotta love the full group of puggers who can't get er done with an entire raid group.
    Bjornegar, Bloodtrail, Chronogear, Clarkk, Flied, Nugente, Soulgear, Ssmooth, Throrin
    PESTILENCE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast