Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default I would like the ability to purchase access that I already have while VIP

Turbine:

I would like the ability to purchase access that I already have while VIP.

I recently submitted an Account Support inquiry about this (copy/pasted as a thread here), and it was recommended that I share my request here in the DDO Store Feedback Forum. So here it is.

I also urge other VIPs that feel similarly to /sign this request.

Thank you!
    Cauthey (/signed)
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

/signed

/signed
    Dorian

Community Member

/signed

In all honesty, this would make them more money so there has to be a reason they didn't set it up that way to begin with. My guess is that this was an intentional design decision because the devs and/or Turbine management were concerned with people buying things they already had access to and then flooding the support system with requests for a refund. So, I signed in the name of free choice but I doubt it'll be changed.

Edit: Just to clarify: I am a premium member (not VIP) that has purchased all of the content available. I've spent more money than if I went VIP specifically because I wanted flexibility. This economy does not make me feel confident and being able to play as long as I can keep internet access going is a big bonus for me. So, I understand why someone would make the decision to stop VIP.
    Last edited by LucidPhilosophy; 12-14-2010 at 01:41 PM.

/signed

I've tried to do the same thing, and it sucks.

Community Member

/signed

Community Member

/signed and supported whole-heartedly

Can someone explain this to me?

Is this like, you're VIP so you can't "purchase" Delera's Tomb with your bonus points, since you technically already own it as a VIP? Is that what this is about?
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

/never going to happen.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

/signed

I'm p2p, but I still support this. I think as long as there's text warning to tell people that this is content they currently have thanks to their subscription, or a check box to unhide these things, it'll be fine.

Is this like, you're VIP so you can't "purchase" Delera's Tomb with your bonus points, since you technically already own it as a VIP? Is that what this is about?
    Yes, as a vip you can't purchase adventure packs and other features you already have access to. The proposal is so that if you're vip and you're going to downgrade to p2p at some point you're not blocked out from current sales because of your subscription.
    "Sometimes you have to roll a hard six." After the funeral, we all wondered why he didn't just take 10.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by frznvimes View Post
    Yes, as a vip you can't purchase adventure packs and other features you already have access to. The proposal is so that if you're vip and you're going to downgrade to p2p at some point you're not blocked out from current sales because of your subscription.
    You can keep asking, but Robi is right, this is never going to happen.

I'm sure there are many reasons why, but the most obvious is this one:

Turbine doesn't want VIPs to convert to Premium users. Why would they make it easier for them by allowing them to pick up all the account options and packs on the cheap? It's in Turbine's best financial interest to make sure that a VIP stands to lose a lot by downgrading - to keep the gap between what the VIP has and what he would have as a Premium user as large as possible. Allowing them to pick up these sales is a horrible idea from their point of view.

/signed regardless of whether it'll happen
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post

Yes. This is EXACTLY what this is about. I received a gifted VIP membership. And because I have activated it, I can not take advantage of the seasonal sales for DDO Store Premium content.

Community Member

Default Hrmm

Signed but will never happen

/signed - I would love to buy the packs. Every now and then I have to go off VIP for a month or so due to money issues. It would be nice if I could cushion those times with at least some content I bought when I had money.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zenbrillig View Post
    Turbine doesn't want VIPs to convert to Premium users. Why would they make it easier for them by allowing them to pick up all the account options and packs on the cheap? It's in Turbine's best financial interest to make sure that a VIP stands to lose a lot by downgrading - to keep the gap between what the VIP has and what he would have as a Premium user as large as possible. Allowing them to pick up these sales is a horrible idea from their point of view.

This is the first reason that pops into my head.

I mean look at it from the standpoint of Turbine.

You have a customer who is VIP. They let their subscription lapse. If you let them purchase everything while they are VIP they will just buy everything at half off whenever they go on sale.
    But if you don't let them purchase while VIP they have to make the decision to either purchase the packs at Full Price or they have to do without the packs they want until they go on sale.

Sure, some people will wait for everything to go on sale, but I would be willing to bet that a majority of the people that this happens to wouldn't.
    Sure some of the low level packs that you don't happen to be doing right at the moment because you are past them you will wait on getting but what about something like Vale? Chances are you will buy that right away if you have any plans at all to make GS items.

It just makes more sense financially to not let VIP's purchase anything they have access to while they are VIP.

Quote Originally Posted by zenbrillig View Post
    You can keep asking, but Robi is right, this is never going to happen.

I'm sure there are many reasons why, but the most obvious is this one:

This is excactly right, and it makes me mad. I understand why they do it but thats still a pretty weasle manuver.

/signed, i want to buy stuff while vip.
    Gasoline(tr) Favored Soul - 5th Life
    Deadwall(tr) - Soul Survivor - 2nd Life
    Gasolinex - Pale Master
    Gasomatic Systematic - Bard

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karnokvolrath View Post
    This is excactly right, and it makes me mad. I understand why they do it but thats still a pretty weasle manuver.

/signed, i want to buy stuff while vip.
    This annoys me too but this annoying me is working oppositely for Turbine - against Turbines interests as I am a premium player who is considering going to VIP but the fact that I can't buy packs while VIP means I probably won't go VIP.

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    This annoys me too but this annoying me is working oppositely for Turbine - against Turbines interests as I am a premium player who is considering going to VIP but the fact that I can't buy packs while VIP means I probably won't go VIP.
    This ^^

And thank you for those of you that have /signed and added your thoughts and opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    Turbine:

I would like the ability to purchase access that I already have while VIP.

I recently submitted an Account Support inquiry about this (copy/pasted as a thread here), and it was recommended that I share my request here in the DDO Store Feedback Forum. So here it is.

I also urge other VIPs that feel similarly to /sign this request.

Thank you!
    Cauthey (/signed)
    /signed x 10000

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast