Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

[quote=LucidPhilosophy;3474831]I am a premium member that has purchased all of the content available. I've spent more money than if I went VIP specifically because I wanted flexibility./quote]

per your join Date that is $150 USD really now you have spent that much.

I bet I know a bunch of VIP's that have spent more than you and I will only speak in an average annual term not whole life.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    You also have the terrible option of grouping with someone that can open on elite already...so called "guild groups" or "pick-up groups".
    ....and vips have the terrible option of dropping their sub and waiting for packs to go on sale. but i refuse to get into a flame war. Just stating the obvious. Go read any bravery bonus thread and you will see page after page of vips saying they are the only ones entitled to the elite unlock and now they want to be able to purchase packs as well.

FYI: i could care less about elite unlock. I am tr'ing my toons and elite is the last that gets ran if at all. I guess you just made a blanket statement yourself. Boy people can be so contradictory.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by muny21 View Post
    ....and vips have the terrible option of dropping their sub and waiting for packs to go on sale. but i refuse to get into a flame war. Just stating the obvious. Go read any bravery bonus thread and you will see page after page of vips saying they are the only ones entitled to the elite unlock and now they want to be able to purchase packs as well.

FYI: i could care less about elite unlock. I am tr'ing my toons and elite is the last that gets ran if at all. I guess you just made a blanket statement yourself. Boy people can be so contradictory.
    We have been asking for access to the adventure packs for quite a while.
    **********KNIGHTSOFSHADOW ***********
    CUDGOCleric 16/ Fighter 2 TR2 AXEFISTBarbarian 20
    CELESTERAFvS 20 FEYNASorc 17 CUDGERogue 17

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by joneb1999 View Post
    We have been asking for access to the adventure packs for quite a while.
    ..and premiums, not me included, have been asking for permanent account wide elite unlock for quite a while as well. just find it funny that it is ok for VIPs to ask for perks but not premiums. that is all i have to say about that like forest gump.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSoulFire View Post
    You missed my point entirely. There's absolutely no reason to pay ten or fifteen dollars a month to be a VIP when spending that exact same amount as a premium will net you more for less. The few current benefits there are to being a VIP, in my opinion, do not justify getting less for more.

There seems to be a lot of VIP members who are upset that they can't purchase content at discount, or even using their " free " Turbine Points to purchase content at whole price, because they're locked out due to their subscriptions. Those people should probably spend less effort on trying to convince Turbine to unlock them... and more time doing the math.
    Just because you see "absolutely no reason to pay ten or fifteen dollars a month to be a VIP", doesn't mean everyone else sees it the same way.

However it is pretty obvious the people signing this thread do agree with you, why else would they want to buy the content on sale if not to downgrade from VIP to premium?

Amusingly many of them will waste their money continuing their VIP subscriptions month after month while wasting their time posting weak excuses as to why they should be able to save a few bucks in threads like this, and spend more doing so than they would have saved buying packs at full price compared to getting them on sale.

....and vips have the terrible option of dropping their sub and waiting for packs to go on sale....Go read any bravery bonus thread and you will see page after page of vips saying they are the only ones entitled to the elite unlock and now they want to be able to purchase packs as well...
    No, they don't. You don't stop being a subscriber until the end of your billing period, so unless sales were published months in advance you don't get to do this as a subscriber.

You can talk about specific subscribers making specific statements in the other threads all you want. Or continue to make gross generalizations, it is nothing to me.

Though I do see a point to giving subscribers perks. Neither of us can speak at all to the actual financials without seeing actual numbers, so speculating who spends more is completely pointless.

Community Member

No, they don't. You don't stop being a subscriber until the end of your billing period, so unless sales were published months in advance you don't get to do this as a subscriber.

You can talk about specific subscribers making specific statements in the other threads all you want. Or continue to make gross generalizations, it is nothing to me.

Though I do see a point to giving subscribers perks. Neither of us can speak at all to the actual financials without seeing actual numbers, so speculating who spends more is completely pointless.
    They don't have the option of dropping their sub and waiting for sales? Whatever dude. What is stopping any VIP from dropping their sub and buying packs? Now you just "trolling". As much as I hate that word. I never mentioned anything about how much anyone spent so I have no idea what you are talking about with the financial aspect.

I could tell you were trying to bait me into an argument from your first comment and I will go back to ignoring you. Now how is that for specific? I will be ignoring YOU.
    Last edited by muny21; 08-19-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Unless you want to stop being a subscriber, adventure pack sales do not matter.

So if you don't want to be a subscriber, stop subscribing, and then choose whether or not to wait for sales, just like every other former and non VIP has had to do.

/signed .. with vigor!

Regardless of the outcome, I'd love to be able to purchase the content as a VIP. Money does not roll on forever.

The way I see it is:

Im VIP and I run into financial hardship. I would cancel my subscription and probably not play much until I could rectify the situation.
    -OR-
    Im VIP and run into financial hardship. I downgrade to play my Premium packs for a while until the finances settle out. Then I VIP again.

With no option to purchase the packs, I have no reason to spend the $$...

So bottom line for me is :
    VIP can purchase stuff ? I'll spend as Im able
    VIP can't purchase stuff? I'll save my money.

I would not downgrade to a premium membership unless I hit hard times. And if that should happen, whether or not I had enough packs to make it worth playing will determine if I stick around.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

...Now you just "trolling"...
    and calling all subscribers hypocrites was not being argumentative and, hence, not engaging in trolling in the first place, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysmetria View Post
    Just because you see "absolutely no reason to pay ten or fifteen dollars a month to be a VIP", doesn't mean everyone else sees it the same way.

However it is pretty obvious the people signing this thread do agree with you, why else would they want to buy the content on sale if not to downgrade from VIP to premium?

Amusingly many of them will waste their money continuing their VIP subscriptions month after month while wasting their time posting weak excuses as to why they should be able to save a few bucks in threads like this, and spend more doing so than they would have saved buying packs at full price compared to getting them on sale.
    Dysmetria, people are entitled to disagree with me, even when they're blatantly wrong. However, I haven't made any claim that others don't see a value in VIP. There might be one... buried underneath the huge pile of mediocrity, but that's something for everyone to decide for themselves. That's an entire subject unto itself.

As for the rest of the people on this thread... I'd imagine they just want to be able to purchase adventure packs using Turbine Points they paid for in the first place -- just like premiums can. I see nothing wrong with that... They paid for those measly 500 Turbine Points and they should be able to spend them how they want on what they want. Granted, as I've said over and over, they could just wise up and drop to premium and get more bang for their buck.

Default Minutia

This is why I don't participate in forums. Everyone with fingers has an opinion. And since we live in this neutral world of gray all over the place, NONE OF YOU ARE RIGHT.

<necropost> yeah I know I did it, sue me, nerds.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789