Drawn by Fate is pleased to announce the creation of "The Twelve"
The Twelve are an elite, permadeath, fast role-play group on Sarlona within the Role-playing guild Drawn by Fate.
Since ancient times the soothsayers have prophesied that as the dawning of the new age draws near, twelve immortal heroes shall band together and rise up against the forces of evil. Together they shall bring forth a Golden Age of peace and prosperity, and the powers of light will radiate throughout all the planes. Before they can complete their task they will be tested by several hardships. Many will feel that they have been called, but only twelve heroes are the true immortal chosen ones.
A CALL TO ARMS:
I'd like to get together with like-minded players and challenge ourselves in order to become more skilled, better, stronger characters.
To level a perma-death, pure-classed, role-play character from 1 to 20 in four weeks.
We are currently recruiting -one- Ranger to join us in our quest. Player may choose character's race from either Elf, Dwarf, or Halfling.
The Basics- We are a permadeath, challenge group within
Drawn by Fate
- There will only be 12 members of the Twelve at any given time.
- Twelve characters are not allowed to out-rightly state, in-game, that they are a member of the Twelve.
- All members of the Twelve are driven by an IC inner knowledge that they are destined for greatness. This drive has led them to the other members of the Twelve.
- Since they are stronger when they work together, it is recommended that they group together as often as possible.
- There will be no planned static meetings (how can you tell an immortal what to do?) but there may be Planned "meeting days."
- This is a month long challenge, so please only apply if you have a lot of time to burn.
Character Creation- Twelve characters must have a Role-play name & in-game biography. You may edit your character's in-game biography through the Character Tab, accessed by pressing 'c'
- Each class must be equally represented, with one wildcard.
- Multiclassing is not allowed.
- Each race must be equally represented, with 4 wildcards. There will never be more than 2 members of the same race in the Twelve.
- Each character will start at level 1.
- Characters will be asked for a password before they are invited to join the Guild, the password is Shavarath.
- No twink gear is allowed. You must earn your own items and platinum. Gifts are only allowed if they are from another member of the Guild.
- Characters will follow a rigorous weekly leveling guide.
- Sign-up is first come, first serve. Once all twelve spots are filled, the remaining interested parties will be put on a waiting list. Once a character has permanently died, someone from the waiting list will receive the option to take their place.
- Characters will be required to post their Starting stats in order to determine their Vitality Score, along with a brief character introduction.
- All characters must be of "Good" alignment. It is up to the player whether or not the character is Lawful Good, Neutral Good, or Chaotic Good.
- You may choose either your RACE or your CLASS but not both.
- After choosing your race or your class, the other aspect of the character will be decided for you. Life isn't fair.
- This aspect will be decided by fate, through the rolling of dice. I hold the dice.
- Cosmetic gear from the DDO store is allowed.
- No Babies Allowed
- No Whining (See Above)
House Rules on Role-playing- Twelve characters are all IC, all the time, even if the players around them (including other Guild members) are not IC.
- Twelve characters may only go OOC in tells, advice, & trade channels. All other chat channels (general, guild & party) must be in character.
- If a character repeatedly goes OOC, they will be dismissed from the Twelve. They may remain in the guild as a Free Agent if they wish.
- All Dungeon narration and goals are IC and are instantly known to all characters once they are announced.
- It is assumed that Twelve characters are stronger, smarter, and faster than other characters, as such they will have inherent knowledge of several quests in the game. There is no need to ask "Where do we go?" or "What next?" if the player already knows the answer.
- If Traditional role-play is High Drama, Twelve role-play is live improvisation. Keep it flowing, keep it real.
- A basic knowledge of DDO Lore is required, but you're not required to be an expert.
House Rules on Death & Dying- Each character receives a numerical "Vitality Score." Once this score reaches 0, the character has permanently died.
- The Vitality Score is determined by the Character's primary stat divided by 2. It receives a +1 at level 5, and every five levels afterward.
A Barbarian with a Strength score of 18 would have a Vitality score of 9 at level 1, 10 at level 5, and 13 at level 20.
- Once a character has permanently died they are no longer a member of the Twelve, and will be kicked from the Guild. It is up to the player whether or not to delete the character.
- The character may choose to donate legacy items to their next character. The amount of legacy items that the character may donate is determined by the character's level at the time of their death divided by 2 rounded down to nearest whole number, with a minimum number of 1 legacy item at level 1.
- The remainder of the character's possessions should be donated to the surviving members of the Twelve, but this is ultimately up to the Player and how they interpret the circumstances of their character's death [if someone dies in Lava, there may not be any remains...]
If a character's vitality score reaches 0 at level 13, that character may donate 6 items to their next new Twelve character (13/2 = 6.5 which rounds down to 6).
- Characters are allowed to use Rest shrines.
- Characters are not allowed to used Resurrection Shrines.
- Characters are only allowed to accept Resurrections from any Twelve member who can raise dead, regardless of how they possess that ability (scrolls, spells, enhancements, clickies, etc.).
- Characters will receive a Spirit cake on Korthos Island, this may be used at anytime.
- If a character has died, and cannot be revived by the above methods, they must subtract 1 point from their Vitality Score. Characters will be required to keep records of their Vitality Score in this thread.
- Once a character reaches level 20 they may choose to True Reincarnate. IF they TR they have achieved immortality and are no longer subject to the permadeath rules.
House Rules on Questing- You are encouraged to quest with other Twelve members as often as possible.
- You are allowed to quest with players outside the guild, but this is discouraged. Please do this only if you are having trouble meeting the week's leveling schedule.
- At least 6 Twelve members are required to run a Raid, the rest of the spots may be pugged.
- Hirelings are allowed.
- Farming is allowed.
- Normal is only allowed if you are soloing the quest.
- If you're in a group with 4-5 Twelve members you have the option to play on Hard.
- If you're in a full 6 person group made up of Twelve members the quest must be played on Elite.
- Experience Potions are ONLY allowed if you fall behind the leveling schedule and need to catch up, otherwise they are not allowed.
- Only buffs from the Drawn by Fate airship are allowed. You cannot ask someone from another guild to invite you to their airship to use their buffs.
- Zerging is allowed, but not required.
Weekly Leveling ScheduleThe Twelve began on Friday, 17 December 2010.
Week 1: Level 6 (24 December)
Week 2: Level 12 (31 December)
Week 3: Level 16 (7 January 2011)
Week 4: Level 20 (14 January 2011)
Characters may surpass this guide if they see fit, but may not fall behind the weekly leveling requirement by 2.
If a character cannot keep up with the leveling guide, they will no longer be a member of the Twelve, but instead will become a Free Agent.
Since we began on December 17th, all Twelve members must be level 18 by January 14t 2011.
....so, you may be asking why?
To be challenged, to become better players, and to have fun. If this doesn't sound like fun to you, then you probably shouldn't apply.
Real-life always comes first, but being a member will require a lot of your time. If you don't have a lot of time to dedicate to the group, you may be interested in joining "Drawn by Fate" as a Free Agent instead.
Due to the rigorous leveling schedule, it is recommended you have a medium to advanced grasp on the game to join. You do not have to be VIP or premium to join, but it is recommended you have access to premium content.
For role-play/story purposes, the challenge of reaching level 20 in four weeks shall be known as "The Tree."
"Climbing the Tree."
"Mastering the Tree."
"I'm gonna get all up in this Tree and break its branches."