Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Amazing!!!

Amazing planner!!!

Just to add to others suggestions, a decent print option would be nice as would a way to save it.

Now a new one! lol

Extend the length of the "never" box to the bottom of the page, so when starting and choosing something at the bottom there is no need to scroll all the way up while dragging the icon before adding it to the never pile.

Thanx for this and keep up the good work

Thumbs up A couple more suggestions

Dude... totally rocks. I was building spreadsheets to plan it out.

3 Features I'd like to see added.

1) Action Points spent/remaining. It's hard to tell towards the end if you've spent them all.

2) A print format that shows just the Enhancements and prereq's by level and order.

3) A forum output mode
    Last edited by CMPetro; 01-01-2011 at 07:44 AM.

The Wizard Archmage III lacks the Energy of the Scholar III as pre-requisite.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNeed View Post
    Just to add to others suggestions, a decent print option would be nice as would a way to save it.
    Printing the page should work better now. Print preview shows adequate results. Not perfect, but adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNeed View Post
    Extend the length of the "never" box to the bottom of the page, so when starting and choosing something at the bottom there is no need to scroll all the way up while dragging the icon before adding it to the never pile.
    Added to my TODO. For now, you can Alt + double click on enhancement name to move it to 'Never' (or double click to move it to or from 'Taken'). You can also filter by name to make lists shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by CMPetro View Post
    1) Action Points spent/remaining. It's hard to tell towards the end if you've spent them all.
    Near every level header there are X/Y numbers: these are APs spent/remaining on this level.

2) A print format that shows just the Enhancements and prereq's by level and order.
    Try print preview the planner page. I've removed 'Never' and 'Maybe' columns from a printed page. Should work as a temporary option until I make a decent print-friendly result page.

3) A forum output mode
    Already on my TODO list.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    The Wizard Archmage III lacks the Energy of the Scholar III as pre-requisite.
    Fixed, thanks.
    DDO quest list with filters and quick links to DDO Wiki.
    Enhancement planner

When choosing Ninja Spy I the prerequisite choices do not show that you can choose Enhancement: Winter's Touch.

+1 excellent, I have been looking for something like this
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

On warforged and dwarves, the Racial Toughness III and IV don't automatically pull the Warforged/Dwarven Constitution I and II as pre-requisites (III requires I, IV requires II).

Also, please, when we put Archmage I on the Never column, please, remove automatically all the archmage-related stuff, like spell mastery and at-will spells. And if we drop a level I at will (like magic missile or jump), pull together the level 2-5 at-wills too, since they require the lower tier as requisite. You already do this with Arcane Archer arrows, so the code is already there.

Same thing about pale master, skeleton servants and undead forms.

Same thing with Kensai and kensai weapon specialization.

Same thing with the Iron Defenders line (Iron/Steel/Mithral/Adamatine). Let us remove Iron and all be gone. And please, find some way to put Iron Defender higher on the page, so we will instinctively remove it first.

Please, add a button on Fighter to remove all "Fighter (weapon) Specialization" on the never list. We can pull out only the ones we are using.

Please, extend the Never and the Taken columns until the end of the page. Its annoying to grab an enhancement and need to roll up all the way to put it on the right place. Specially if you're playing with a big enhancement list like from a halfling fighter or any 12/6/2 multiclass
    Last edited by nibel; 01-15-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Default Suggestions

This is awesome. I was asking Ron recently to add similar abilities to his planner, so it's nice to have it SOMEWHERE. Maybe I can get rid of all my spreadsheets...

Suggestions:
    1> Drag and drop from Maybe column is awkward for higher levels, and double-clicking tends to drop the enhancement at the lowest level it can be taken at.. potentially messing up some careful planning.
    Would it be possible to lock either individual items to the level you have placed them at, or to lock up to a particular level so nothing below that changes and double-clicked items will appear at the next level above that (or their min. level, whichever is higher)?

2> It would be nice if the popup description for an enhancement would list all the prereqs, just so you know what they are. Kept trying to get rid of a prereq I didn't particularly like and getting the warning that I was about to kick the PrE as well. Also helps to decide at what level to TAKE the prereqs. If I don't particularly like the prereq for a PrE, I wanna be able to choose to take it at the last possible level before taking the PrE.

In essence, I like that it's smart enough to resort things if I add something, but hate that it can do that when I don't want it to.. AND THERE'S NO UNDO! So if I forget and double-click something, or hit the Respec at.. box, it resorts everything and I have to start over with my prioritizing.

Community Member

This is (was?) a great planner. But now the whole site is down. Any chance it'll be back up soon?

It seems to be working fine now.

Default Bug?

I was able to put Extra Action Boost I in front of my Haste Boost IV. But I had no IV in Armor or Haste (they were currently III by lvl 11). I did note that it was after Versatility IV.

Since I haven't gotten that far in-game, I'm not only guessing this is a bug. When I use Char Planner 3.8.0 to map the list I made on your (awesome) web page, it balked. One of you is wrong...

Also... I just dragged Extra Action Boost I onto an empty list (20 Fighter, H-Elf) and saw the pre-reqs...

Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost IV
    Enhancement: Fighter Armor Class
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost IV

I really like the feat pre-req list. It saved me when I dragged the wrong enh over.

Archmage Spell Mastery II requires Archmage IV, but when you drop it on the list it only add Archmage I and Spell Mastery I.

Racial Toughness III and IV for dwarves and warforgeds dont pull <Racial> Constitution I and II automatically, and they are pre-requisites.
    Last edited by nibel; 03-24-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Community Member

Any plans on for the changes when update 9 goes live?
    This is imo the best planner hope to see it updated..

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Very nice- +1 to you!

Only problem I'm having is that the "never" file doesn't extend as far as the enhancements do. For people who multi, or people with Fighter levels, you can't see the never pile in order to drag stuff to it.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

I've fixed minor bugs mentioned here (actually I've done this almost right away but forgot to reply in topic).

I also evened out column heights. Yet double click to move to 'taken' and alt + double click to move to 'never' is much more handy see hints.

As of new update 9 enhancements, my planner relies on Ron's data files, so have to wait for his planner to update first...
    Enhancement planner

Enhancement planner is updated to match Ron's 3.9.1, including Update 9 enhancements.
    Enhancement planner

This is some good stuff. However, I did run into a small issue:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you may be able to see from the image, when there's an error at the bottom enhancement, it's impossible to read what the error actually is because the page ends before the box gets displayed. While the browser is smart enough to enlarge the page for the box to fit, it doesn't scroll to the bottom, so the box is hidden. Scrolling the page manually causes the mouse pointer to move, which removes the box. Simply enlarging the page at the end with some blank space or something should fix this

Anyway, gratz on the awesome job.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    Looks great (I'm so glad someone's working on a new enhancement planner so I can stop thinking about updating mine some day ).
    We're still waiting on that update, coming Soon(tm)!
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmage View Post

As you may be able to see from the image, when there's an error at the bottom enhancement, it's impossible to read what the error actually is because the page ends before the box gets displayed.
    Fixed, thanks :)
    Enhancement planner

Planner should work fine with Update 11 enhancements, including new Artificer class. As usual, thanks to Ron's data files.
    Enhancement planner

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast