Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Enhancement planner

This is what I personally miss so much in Ron's planner - an easy way to arrange and plan the whole sequence of character enhancements. At first I started to use simple scripts with Ron's data files to help myself here and there. Gradually bunch of scripts grow, and now it's finally grown into something I can show others.

It's a web-app that should work fine in most modern browsers.

I expect lots of bugs there, since it's no more than a beta yet. Please contact me if you find any
    DDO quest list with filters and quick links to DDO Wiki.
    Enhancement planner

I only played with it for a couple minutes, but dude, that looks like it would be pretty handy!

Maybe you can collaborate with Ron to help add this functionality to his character planner?
    You are responsible for your own DDO experience.

Community Member

Default Awesome

That rocks! Amazing what a little visibility can do...Thanks!

2014 DDO Players Council

Looks good, any way you could add a "clear" & "new" button on enhancements?

Also something to save progress so you can access through my.ddo when taking enhancements?
    Last edited by Rasczak; 12-13-2010 at 03:06 AM.
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

I like it. A little unfinished so far, but it looks like a good start.

Amazing. I picked Paladin (my main's class). Its amazing how much garbage I'm able to toss into the "never" section.

Very spiffy! I love how you can drag in the top level enhancement and it drops in all the prereqs for you at apropriate levels!
    Kirris of Sarlona
    ~ Kirris ~ Casima ~ Tamral ~ Cyrris ~ Finale ~ Lialla ~ Kyrris ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kirris View Post
    Very spiffy! I love how you can drag in the top level enhancement and it drops in all the prereqs for you at apropriate levels!
    This is my favorite feature.
    You are responsible for your own DDO experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirris View Post
    YES.

awesomesauce OP

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Looks great (I'm so glad someone's working on a new enhancement planner so I can stop thinking about updating mine some day ).

Quick question: it looks like that in order to pick an enhancement, you need to drag it to the list on the right. But if the enhancement is at the bottom, it seems like I can't do that (because I don't see the list on the right, which is much shorter than the full enhancement list).

Quote Originally Posted by katana_one View Post
    Maybe you can collaborate with Ron to help add this functionality to his character planner?
    I'll be happy if something like this would appear in Ron's planner. Though I'm not sure whether anything in php/javascript will help him...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post
    Looks good, any way you could add a "clear" & "new" button on enhancements?

Also something to save progress so you can access through my.ddo when taking enhancements?
    Added both to my to do list :)

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    Quick question: it looks like that in order to pick an enhancement, you need to drag it to the list on the right. But if the enhancement is at the bottom, it seems like I can't do that (because I don't see the list on the right, which is much shorter than the full enhancement list).
    You can double-click enhancement names to move them around ('maybe' -> 'taken', 'taken' -> 'maybe'; alt + double-click to move to 'never').
    Enhancement planner

I like the "Never" trash bin. Good way to get the garbage enhancements out of the way.

Nice program, I like it. I'd love to have something in the planner like this myself, but I don't want to feel like we are competing. If you ever decide you are tired of it and no longer want to update it, send me the scripts so I can translate them into C++ for the planner. I'm fairly fluent in php/java (although they aren't my first language), so no worries there.

In the meantime, keep up the good work. That's really good stuff. If I see any bugs, I'll be sure to report them.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Imitating View Post
    You can double-click enhancement names to move them around ('maybe' -> 'taken', 'taken' -> 'maybe'; alt + double-click to move to 'never').
    Ok, I had tried that and it doesn't work with my browser (still using Firefox 3.0 under Linux... guess I should update ).

Did you try to click on image (where you have 'move' cursor) or on name ('pointer' cursor)? It does not work on images because they are used for drag-and-drop.

If it does not work on names either, could you please send me an error from FF Javascript console? Tools -> Error console (or Ctrl+Shift+J), error tab, everything related to ddo.motd.ru (possible to copy from that window I believe).
    Enhancement planner

Very cool! This in conjunction with Ron's Character Planner will really be nice as I plan out my builds.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Great job, tnx for the planner, so far only thing missing is half-elf dilattante enhancement.

I've just added data from Ron's 3.8.0. New Half-Elf dilettante should work now.
    Enhancement planner

Very nice! +1 to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Any chance of adding a "respec'ing" check box that eases the enhancement order restriction (sort of functions like the previous web enhancement "rebuilder").

e.g., if you take 18 levels of paladin and then end with 2 of monk... you can't select the monk enh until L19, 20 - though when you're respecing this 18/2 build, you can take those monk enhancements with your first AP's... because at that point it only checks "available by total level in class" and "total AP spent".

In the end respec'ing is always a good thing for most builds as it gives you more choices at the earlier levels instead of possibly wasting AP's as you were originally limited in selection.

TY, no problem if that mode is toooo different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Hm. You could move all paladin enhancements past level 20 by hand, but it's obviously inconvenient...

I'll make another draggable line "respec'ing at this point", and no enhancement will be possible to place before this line. Does it solve the problem?
    Enhancement planner

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast