Default new red box set???

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/redbox.aspx

WHAT!!!??

wat is this assault on my nostalgia? So do I buy it for my son and take us back to a time of glorious battles and phats lootz??? (when phats lootz was spelled..treasure)

My desire for all things related to editions before 4th implores me to move on this product..however...I know beneath its beautiful shininess which is the "red box"...its still a crappy wizard of the coast product based a once AWESOME game.

im gonna buy it and play it with my son.

stupid packaging.
    Lost Legion

We suck.

Quote Originally Posted by stazer View Post

WHAT!!!??

Stupid packaging.
    Yep, can't say they don't get points for that one....
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

Sounds like you miss the once-grand spirit of D&D.

For the record i've found it in Paizo's Pathfinder RPG. All the glory, fantastic attention to the pathfinder community AND none of the WOC shenanigans.

Thumbs down

I love the old expert rule book cover art by Larry Elmore but the "power cards" from the link are really scary if you can read them.

I actually like the Magic the Gathering card game but i really think Wizards of the Coast is maybe the wrong company to own the DnD franchise.

i discovered this card game and played it wit ha friend..i think me and my boy have a new game to play!

its hilarious sober with family/drunk with friends!

http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/game/
    Last edited by stazer; 12-12-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: forgot link
    Lost Legion

We suck.

Ah, munchkin. yes, very good game. Chez Geek is also very good, same designer/artist. (Jon Kovalic, of Dork Tower).

I was... personally offended that WOTC dared to release their card game in the original Dungeons and Dragons red box. There's just no relation between the games except the name. They ought to get sued for defamation of character...

Its like when this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116253/

Headlined on the posters as having Kurt Russel and Steven Segal...

Then you watched it, and felt robbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Quote Originally Posted by stazer View Post

WHAT!!!??

wat is this assault on my nostalgia? So do I buy it for my son and take us back to a time of glorious battles and phats lootz??? (when phats lootz was spelled..treasure)

My desire for all things related to editions before 4th implores me to move on this product..however...I know beneath its beautiful shininess which is the "red box"...its still a crappy wizard of the coast product based a once AWESOME game.

im gonna buy it and play it with my son.

stupid packaging.
    Yeah you know your product sucks when you have to cash in on peoples nostalgia for a 30 year old product to sell your bearly related contemporary product.

Quote Originally Posted by sainy_matthew View Post
    Yeah you know your product sucks when you have to cash in on peoples nostalgia for a 30 year old product to sell your bearly related contemporary product.
    Aye. I have been talking to my son about the good ol days of D&D basic and when I saw the Red Box advertised I thought it was the same. Well once he bought it with his Xmas money and we found out the truth.....let's just say I had a few choice words concerning WotC.
    ... a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation,
    Even in the dragon's mouth.

Still have my original Red Box. with most of the Modules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Hireling: "Oh god, you're in trouble!" *heal fail* "Oh god, you're still in trouble!!" *heal fail* "Nooooo I will save you!!!" *heal fail* etc. but to the player, it just looked like the hireling was standing there staring off into space. He's not staring...he's thinking...REALLY hard.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxelcat View Post
    Still have my original Red Box. with most of the Modules.
    What about the dice? you have to have the dice, the ones where you had to color in the numbers

I will buy this box for my unborn child... my wife will roll her eyes at me.
    "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    - Douglas Adams -

Awesome! I want to buy it for my son!

Does this mean AD&D is being released sometime later this year (or early next year)?
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.