Default Greetings and Well Met Bretheren !!!

I'm seeking a Static or two.

Not particularly interested in Perma-Death, though I'm willing to try it if that's all that's available.

First thing I want understood is . . . . . . I'M SLOW!!!!!

I don't believe in leaving any breakable un-broken.

Of course two of the other me, the Rogue and Bard (Rogue's my Main),
    don't believe in leaving any Trap un-disabled, or any door un-opened.

Currently there's 4 of me.

NoBlade ShadowStrike (Human Rogue 6) {My Main. I play him almost exclusively}
    Cyrthelion Morbane (Elf Ranger 2 {Yeah, I think I spelled it wrong too})
    AldoTenor TranceNote (Human Bard 1)
    BrightDawn HopeBringer (Human Cleric 1)

A Bit more can be learned about me from my post on the Khyber Guilds Forum and/or my Guild Site:
    MORFA.GuildPortal.com

Orien mail should be sent to NoBlade as I play him almost exclusively, and there's no telling when I'll read anything sent to one of the others of me.

Quite Eager to make your Acquaintance !!!
    Be well, God bless, Fare MOST EXCELLENTLY !!!!!

Hmm...
    Sounds interesting, I know I prefer to make sure everything is cleared out before I leave a dungeon.
    What night are you looking at, and what server will you be on?

I might be interested in that. I like to explore everything myself too. I don't like to see black on my map. What time and day are you looking at? And are you going to have everyone roll new toons?

Community Member

I replied on your MAC post as well, but I'd be interested in joining depending on what night/time you are thinking of...are you thinking of starting with newly rolled toons? (Sigod)

Default Oops, should have said.

I play exclusively on Khyber.
    I'm kinda fuzzy on the virtue of playing more than one Char, and completely lost as to why I'd want to play on more than one Server.
    I'd deeply appreciate it if someone'd please explain it to me.

The best times for me are Sun. - Wed. 22:00 GMT (+/- an hour)
    I play from work, and it's largely certain I work Sun. - Wed.
    I'm in Jerusalem Israel, which is usually (not always) GMT+2.
    If I'm at my Main site, then I'm seldom AFK for more that 5min.

Being an Orthodox Jew, I do not game Shabbat, or most Jewish Holy Days
    (there are Holidays which are not Holy Days where it's unknown in advance if I'm gaming or busy with RL).

I've been playing AD&D since the '70s, and have served 2 years in the IDF and, sad to say,
    have no patience with Zerging.

Please be prepared to be patient, organized, and thorough.
    If you're able to comment on the absurd, so much the better.

Oh yeah. I only do Voice at work. So if I'm playing from home
    (Not part of the static, but there's no rule that we never run together at other times I assume).
    I'll be on the keyboard only.

Be well, God bless, Fare MOST EXCELLENTLY !!!!

Default Nothing Good every came from anything New!!! Becker

Quote Originally Posted by starfishpaws View Post
    I replied on your MAC post as well, but I'd be interested in joining depending on what night/time you are thinking of...are you thinking of starting with newly rolled toons? (Sigod)
    I'd prefer not, but A) it's too soon to decide anything until we have a group, and everyone's had their say.
    B) I have one 6th, one 2nd, and two 1st level Chars, so it's likely the Group would be willing to accept at least one of those as a "New Toon". heheheh

I'm toying with the idea of rolling up a Wizard as I'm kinda allergic to them and one should confront and overcome their fears, right?

Once I'm more comfortable all DDOs Non-D&D ways, I'll likely be rolling up a Monk, but as I like to finish with my Current Chars, that's likely Years away.

Then again, with this Reincarnation scheme, maybe NoBlade will wind up being Everything given enough time. LOL

I don't know if I have a vote...
    But if I do, then I vote that we all reroll new tonns, that way we will all be on the same level, and complete each adventure together. Of course one of your lvl 1 toons, should be fine IMO

I'm willing to play any class depending on what the group needs, but I would lean against running a mele if possible (I already have one in another static group, so I would like some variety). Of course having said that, I'm kinda leaning towards a Paladin

As to the nights...
    I'm free most nights, but I do have a static group I already run with on Monday's. Sunday night would be good for me, but I can be flexible based upon what everyone else wants.

Default A few not terribly relevant thoughts.

Well Met Bretheren !!!

On the subject of Guilds: If anyone considering joining us does NOT (yet) belong to a Guild. I'd like to urge you to join one.
    You'll inevitably {sp?} be in situations that will earn Renown, and it's truly sad to lose the Renown.

Needless to say, I'd love to have any uncommited players join MY Guild, but if not I can recommend at least two others,
    and I'm sure there's many many excellent guilds out there.

For more information on my guild, please see MORFA.GuildPortal.com (Militant Order of Forgotten Realm Adventurers).

Additionally, I tend to post on both SimpleDDO.GuildPortal.Com AND TheMACGuild.com.

I give my heart felt thanks to God that I filled out my own charter before encountering these two guilds as I'd have been quite
    hard pressed to make a determination between them, and having my own guild has spared me this. LOL

Additionally, I strongly recommend any players who aren't strictly F2P to maintain their stocks of Guild Renown potions,
    as well as any other such items you like.

Personally I try to make sure I have 1 ea. Loot Boost Gem, AND Guild Renown Gem on me. I'm not worried about XP Boosts at
    this time as there's just so very many quests out there, nearly all of them done in Triplicate, that I don't expect to lack for exp in the least!!! LOL.

Default Are we getting ready yet?

Okay folks, I see that there are 4 people who've posted here.

At this point, I have a huge question. I know that when I invite friends into a Party with Hirelings in it,
    All Told, there can be a maximum of 6 in the party. Does this hold true if there are no hirelings?

If 3 more people post here, and we all agree on a time, and it turns out we all work well together,
    can we have a party of more than 6 Characters?
    (Sorry, I'm allergic to the concept of Toons. Feels too Roger Rabbit to me.)

Next step, it seems to me, is to start discussing times.
    Only two of us have had anything to say on the subject. What about the rest of you?

YIKES!!! I just realized I have a Boggle, if the group decides that we MUST have newly rolled chars,
    I've purchased the "Veterancy (Start at Level 4)" upgrade.
    I assume the difficulty this presents is obvious.
    The Characters I currently have under 4th level are the last ones I'm going to have,
    short of starting a new account which doesn't appeal to me at all at this point.

I think it's silly to require newly rolled Chars, but this leaves me with a question.
    I feel that any first level Char should be considered, and I feel that a 3rd level should not be considered,
    but I'm ambilivent on 2nd level Chars. I'll leave it to you good folks to form an oppinion for us to discuss it.

Another Question, Once the group is 6/7/8th/whatever level, would it be wrong to switch to my main?
    Hmmm. Yeah, probably would, but the idea that my Static Char might outstrip my Main makes me ITCH!!!!!

BTW: People please DO start sounding out friends. If we don't get a full 6 (or more?) Characters,
    we'll be at an AUTOMATIC (serious?) disadvantage.

Another thought (if I may be permited to dignify it a bit).
    I'd prefer not to leave MORFA for my Static, but we can't Display a Group Name can we?
    The way Guild Name is displayed over a Chars head with their Char Name?
    I assume communication would be through Party channel rather than Guild Channel?

Sorry for being so very new at this.

Be well, God bless, Fare MOST EXCELLENTLY !!!!!

Community Member

Default Philipinnes Time Zone Adventurer LFG

Hello, I'm interested in joining your group to help round it out to 6 static members. I think an ideal actually may be to have 7 or 8, with the extra people being regular players who can fill in when normal members cannot, or just want to/have to take a break for real life concerns.

As for time zone, as my title says, I live in the Philippines. I'm retired U.S. Navy, so my pension keeps me relatively comfortably unemployed and I have lots of hours most days to just sit back and enjoy DDO.

My hatred of zerging fools has grown exponentially lately and actually forced me to logout of the game in frustration. I don't mind when a hero dies a tragic death valiantly saving the lives of his compatriots, but when a pickup group's newest Drizzt-wannabe thinks he can solo The Thousand Orcs "cuz Drizzt did it in the book," well, yeah, I'm ready to leave that group.

I will play any class, race, or role that needs filling in the group. I have all the same preferences mentioned (all breakables, all traps, all discoveries), and I prefer to go slow and carefully and save the healer's spell points for when they're needed (not to rectify some idiot trying to solo Tiamat with a toothpick and loincloth).

I am VIP/Veteran/Premium, so I can roll fresh level 4s if need be, or have just as much fun rolling a level 1. I enjoy a good role-play as much as the next Forgotten Realmer, but don't get carried away. I like voicechat, but can't use it sometimes for home reasons. I've been playing DnD since the days of the blue box, so I know the game fairly well.

If you think I'll mesh with you, just tell me when and where to meet in game and I'll chat with you to see if we can work something out. I look forward to playing with folks who aren't complete tools out to waste everyone's time as they run back from the rez shrine after every fight.
    Last edited by Kakow; 12-13-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Default And then there were 5 ..... Or is there?

What's New Bretheren?

I'm not hearing any Feedback?

Sun. - Wed. roughly 23:00 - 06:00 Local, 21:00 - 04:00 GMT (If I've done the math right).
    How about You??????

Remember, Messages In-Game should be sent to NoBlade.

Community Member

I posted an in-game mail to NoBlade on Khyber....it returned before sent saying "no such character exists."

Are you sure it's Khyber you play on? I wonder if there is a different Khyber in your region of the world. Wouldn't make sense, but then I've seen stranger things (such as the fact that another game I play has 4 distinct patch version variations depending on where in the world you are).

Anyways, here in the Philippines, I am six hours ahead of your time in Israel. Your 2100 (9 pm) is my 0300 (3 am the next day). That's a little late for me to be starting a gaming session honestly. If we could start 2 or 3 hours earlier, it'd be doable for me.

I'd like to dedicate no more than 2 hours to whatever we play on executing that session, so that I can plan my week around that time window.

Again, as for role in the party, I'm game for almost anything. On tabletop, I normally play rogue or cleric. I enjoy the supporting role. Bards have become my new favorites to play in DDO though lately, so if we need one of those, I'm okay with that role as well. I do not enjoy the barbarian smash-smash-smash role. Just too simple for my tastes.

His toon is actually noblade-
    With the dash

Community Member

Ah. A special character name. Thought I'd escaped that when I left That Other MMO. There were names over there with every single character being a special character instead of a normal fantasy-themed name. I was ecstatic when I learned that only real letters could be used in DDO. Then I saw a "Soandso-1" last night in group and I was like, really?

Anyways, I'm still game, and I'll try contacting you in game NoBlade With A Hyphen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakow View Post
    Ah. A special character name. Thought I'd escaped that when I left That Other MMO. There were names over there with every single character being a special character instead of a normal fantasy-themed name. I was ecstatic when I learned that only real letters could be used in DDO. Then I saw a "Soandso-1" last night in group and I was like, really?

Anyways, I'm still game, and I'll try contacting you in game NoBlade With A Hyphen.
    Not a Special Character Name. FFS. Murphy snuck a Typo in on me.

Quote Originally Posted by LathandersLad View Post
    YIKES!!! I just realized I have a Boggle, if the group decides that we MUST have newly rolled chars,
    I've purchased the "Veterancy (Start at Level 4)" upgrade.
    I assume the difficulty this presents is obvious.
    The Characters I currently have under 4th level are the last ones I'm going to have,
    short of starting a new account which doesn't appeal to me at all at this point.
    I don't think anyone answered this point, so I'm going to butt in...

Even if you have Vet Status, you can still choose to start your character at level 1. When you create a new one and log in with it, you will be put on the airship to 'level up'. Talk to the lady (I forget her name) and choose the option 'this is all a dream' - you will start as a level 1 on the beach with Jeets rifling through your stuff.

Have fun with your group!

Default Good to know .....BUT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuralanya View Post
    I don't think anyone answered this point, so I'm going to butt in...

Even if you have Vet Status, you can still choose to start your character at level 1. When you create a new one and log in with it, you will be put on the airship to 'level up'. Talk to the lady (I forget her name) and choose the option 'this is all a dream' - you will start as a level 1 on the beach with Jeets rifling through your stuff.

Have fun with your group!
    Airship?????
    Hmmm. Let's see, Guild is level 11, and contains, all told, the 4 of me, so even if we're talking black-market airship, I should be able to get one when??????

Exclamation Taking Recuiting in a new direction.

Okay folks, I've figured out a way to use Group tab on Social Window for Recruiting,
    So I'm going to take the liberty of Adding everyone here to my Friends list, and if this isn't okay with you, just message me (preferably in-game) and I'll remove you.

Sorry Kakow, I won't be adding you because our play times don't mesh, and I don't expect to every see you online. Wellllll, maybe the odd Sat night I work.

Quote Originally Posted by LathandersLad View Post
    Airship?????
    Hmmm. Let's see, Guild is level 11, and contains, all told, the 4 of me, so even if we're talking black-market airship, I should be able to get one when??????
    Oops, sorry - I made an assumption that you knew what happened when you create a Vet Status character...

It's been a little while since I made one so the details are a bit hazy, but as far as I recall when you log in your newly-created character the game puts you on an airship called The Heart of Wind. It's nothing to do with guild ships, any new Vet character gets put here. There is a lady you talk to (there are objectives like you would get in a quest to tell you what to do), and you can either go through the conversational path with her to level up your character to 4 (assign your skill points, choose your feats and so on), or you can choose to skip this feature completely and start on Korthos as a level 1 - just as if you never had the Vet status feature unlocked.

If you choose to level up, then once you've talked to the woman again and spent your Action Points on enhancements you need to talk to the minotaur to be given a few items, then to the captain who will drop you off in the Marketplace. Once there, talk to the warforged to get a weapon, and off you go! One thing to note about Vet status is that even though you start at level 4, you will have no money and no favour so many people end up going back to Korthos anyway to run the quests. The advantage is it's much easier to get through if you're 4!

Hope this helps!

(PS - with regard to your comment about using the Social panel, I'm guessing you mean posting an LFM to recruit members? Please be aware that although some people do this, it's technically against the rules and some people may report you for it. (I wouldn't bother doing so myself, but some folks seem to get really upset about such things.) I think the worst that's likely to happen is a GM will ask you to take down the LFM, though.)

Community Member

Greetings!

I have a 3rd level barbarian/1st level rogue named Aellerie that I would be happy to plug into such a party. I have a number of other MAC characters, but this one is newly-created and thus has not (as of this writing) joined the Guild (hopfully that will be rectified soon).

I generally am available from 7pm-10pm Central US (so, if my converter is right, about 1am-4am GMT, whch would supposedly be 3am-6am in Jerusalem's time zone). I realize that is probably right at the edge of your available time, but I am willing to give it a go if you or a party are.

Thank you!