Default does quest difficulty effect dropping rate of named items?

Many people said that the dropping rate of named items has nothing to do with quest difficulty.

However, many people said quest difficulty effects dropping rate. And this is why they always want to run Necro IV raid on elite.

Does difficulty really effect your chance to pull a named item?

For raids, yes.

There are various rumors, at least on Orien, that elite DQ or Reaver's Fate loot tables are "broken," but that's probably hogwash.

-Kernal

Other then raids and the Mindsunder quest in Inspired Quarters, the increase in difficulty just increases the level of the chest. In raids , named items have a higher chance of dropping but one or two raids , I know titan is for sure , the increase of diff doesn't make it go much higher but it still is higher! In mindsunder , it both increases the odds of finding named loot and the quaility of the 'random aspect' of two of the named items.

Community Member

For raids, yes.
    For general questing, I believe the answer is both yes and no*.

In almost all quests (especially true of older content), there is no difference between difficulties in named item drops.
    And for the rest, the difference is mainly in may drop and never drop, rather than the rate of dropping.

One such case is in Inspired Quarters, where the eardweller supposedly never shows up on normal in certain quests, and in the Mindsunder quest certain items such as the vorpal variant of the dreamedge supposedly only ever shows up on elite, and certain other variants only show up on hard or elite.

Talking

Framework for terezas sight, and EoS for maynas Fists come to mind.
    I've seen just about every other named item drop( even some i didn't know existed) after about 7 runs of each( on varying diff.) but have yet to see these two drop(which also happen to be the ones I've been farming).
    perhaps it has to do with a class base? I've heard of Monks not getting the Fist of stone drops from EoS, but my cleric sure did.
    Just a thought, albeit a tad off the original topic.
    Callissto:RS~Calithallasi:Fowl~Merb:RS~GearsofWar: Shiradi~Durperian:Necro~Aritahl:Figher~Jeatt:Shint ao~Mzil:Machine Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by walkingwolfmike View Post
    I've seen just about every other named item drop( even some i didn't know existed) after about 7 runs of each( on varying diff.) but have yet to see these two drop(which also happen to be the ones I've been farming).
    perhaps it has to do with a class base? I've heard of Monks not getting the Fist of stone drops from EoS, but my cleric sure did.
    I have pulled both on normal, fwiw.

Some places due adjust drop rates of flagging items on lower difficulties... IQ comes to mind, at least on casual... And I believe the orchard quests as well. But those are exceptions, not the rule.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

For quests released prior to the Inspired Quarter chain - difficulty almost never has an impact except in raids.

For the IQ and quests released after it - difficulty almost always has an impact in quests as well as raids, plus some chests and some named items only appear on Hard/Elite.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

I don't think difficulty increases the chance of an item dropping, it just determines whether an item of a given level has a chance to drop at all. If this were the case, we would be raking in raid loot from elite abbot hand over fist.
    Some toons with Cow in the name, and some without.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by walkingwolfmike View Post
    I so would have traded you if possible. I spent most of today farming for Bloody Cleaver and Stone Dust. And pulled neither. But by the end (ransacked on two characters) I had pulled 7(!!! 5 on the first toon, 2 on the second) Tereza's Sight and 2 Mayna's Firsts. And at least one of almost every other named possible but the 2 I was looking for.

Thanks all ~

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Some items have specifics however. Such as the eardweller and Eye of the Titan. Hard and elite only. No on normal as I recall.