View Poll Results: Please select all options that apply to you

Voters
291. You may not vote on this poll
  • As of this week, my characters are NOT updating correctly in MyDDO.

269 92.44%
  • For affected character(s): I've completed more than one True Reincarnation

41 14.09%
  • For affected character(s): I've deleted the character and made a new one by the same name

83 28.52%
  • For affected character(s): I've transferred servers or transferred from EU

19 6.53%
  • For affected character(s): I've renamed my character or had it renamed

18 6.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Looking For More Information: MyDDO Character Updates

Please check all of the options that apply. NOTE: If you pick any option after the first, there's no need to submit a date to this thread. If you pick ONLY the first option, please respond to this thread with the date of when your character stopped updating - this can be found in the red bar at the bottom of the MyDDO character sheet.
    Last edited by Tolero; 12-08-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default My.DDO Website Issues

I wanted to give a status report on some of the recent updates to several My.DDO systems. At the end of this, I will be requesting more information from users who are still having issues where applicable.

Character & Guild Page Updates

The web devs discovered that there are some characters/guilds in the system that have data issues, which caused the update system to bind up for everyone else's characters/guilds. A fix was made to allow the tool to progress past the data-error characters. You may find that characters who had stopped updating, or had spotty updates, have started to update properly again! Unfortunately the specific characters with data errors will not yet update properly - a more complicated fix is needed to help those characters. Additionally, the following circumstances will definitely cause your character to not show properly in MyDDO:
    • Transferring servers
    • Being imported from EU transfers
    • Renaming the character or being renamed
    • Deleting a character from your account and creating a new one with the exact same name on the same server (I understand that many permadeath players, and new players still trying to decide what class to play, end up in this state).
    • Completing more than 3 True Reincarnations
    • If your MyDDO characters have never updated properly prior to August 2010, those characters will likely not update (and are possibly one of the aforementioned data-error characters)

Lotteries

Our Lottery testings have concluded that Lottery winnings are being delivered again! Winnings from the previous lotteries will not appear, but going forward all new lotteries should arrive in your mailbox...However, there are a subset of characters who do not receive the winnings because their character data is in error. If your character page is not updating properly, you may find that the character can enter the lottery, but the prizes will not deliver to them. It is a good idea to only enter characters into lotteries if the character's page is updating properly to avoid "lost" winnings.

Leaderboards

The Leaderboards are updating, however, if your guild's page is showing incorrect renown, the Leaderboards can also be impacted by this. Many guild pages have started to update properly again as a result of the web dev fixes, but like characters, there are some guilds who have data errors that will not yet update.

Looking For More Info!

Was your character updating in MyDDO before August 2010 but still isn't updating as of this week? Please click here and follow the instructions to help us gather more data! At this time I'm looking only for character info, and will gather Guild info at a later point (as we suspect that guild page errors are closely related to having characters in those guilds who have character data errors).

Data Last Updated: 08/30/2010 4:28 pm

*edit same date for all of my 8 characters that I had on that day, 2 characters created since then have no data
    Last edited by Chette; 12-08-2010 at 11:32 AM.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

8/26/2010

Three characters:

08/31/2010 1:33 am
    08/29/2010 5:23 pm
    08/26/2010 12:21 am
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

Community Member

http://my.ddo.com/character/ghallanda/amazola/

Data Last Updated: 08/31/2010 5:03 pm

Same date for all my active characters:

Data Last Updated: 10/27/2010

And my chr made after that date Unknown Race () (not used the name before, or any of the options listed)

I returned to the game 10/24/10
    I have 4 accounts.
    1 VIP (10 Characters - Some new, some old)
    2 premium and (1 has 17 characters all old and the other has 4 characters all new)
    1 standard F2P (2 older characyers)

My DDO shows no characters on ANY account.
    All it shows is a messgae saying "No characters found because no game account is linked to this blog. "
    Same thing all 4 accounts.
    Officer of the Holy Warriors ~Deport the Halflings over to LOTR!
    Main: Allistair Alts : Variant spellings of Allistair My friends know me as Alli as most alts name start with Alli
    *2nd Account been playing since 04/06 and registered on forums 05/06 User name: Nefahrin

Sylon.
    Data Last Updated: 07/16/2010 10:08 am

1 TR

Wreckoning... Archived. Lesser Reincarnated

Thelanis Guild Leaderboard is still not updating at all.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Data Last Updated: 10/27/2010 5:54 am

Dates and status of my five active characters in order of creation:

1. Created on first day of open beta. One TR in April. Last Update 09/01/2010 1:34 am.
    2. Created on first day of open beta. Deleted and remade with same name sometime when level cap was 16. Last Update 09/01/2010 12:43 am.
    3. Created on first day of open beta. Last Update 07/28/2010 10:50 pm.
    4. Created when level cap was 10. Deleted and remade with same name sometime when level cap was 16. Last Update 08/30/2010 1:17 am.
    5. Created during first week of Monk availability. Last Update 08/26/2010 12:03 am.

None of my characters have updated since August or so and I fall into two categories

1. I have at least one capped toon that has never been renamed, TR'ed or transferred that is not updating
    2. I have several toons that have been renamed, but not TRed that are not updating
    Captain's Crew: (TR) Dingalbarian - Horc Barb20 - THF, Dingaladin - Human 18/2 Paladin/Monk - TWF, Lamepolicy - Squishy Drow - Wiz20 Archmage

Benar
    Data Last Updated: 08/12/2010 7:25 pm

He was deleted over a month ago. He is no more. He as ceased to be. He's expired and gone to meet his maker. He's a stiff, bereft of life. He rests in peace. If he wouldn't show up on myDDO, he would be pushing up the daisies. His metabolic processes are now history. He has kicked the bucket. He shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisibile.

This is an ex-character. I might have deleted and rerolled him, but I don't know for sure since this was my first character.

Instead of him, 1 have a different character in my 6th slot who is not being shown. It could also be that I deleted and rerolled her.
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 12-08-2010 at 11:33 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

you forgot an option :

Not done anything.

I have two characters that stopped updating in the begining of September, they are not European refugees, they are not rerolls, they have not been renamed and they definitely have not been reincarnated. They are stuck at what they were at that time.

So basically my list of 17 chars not updating is made of :

- 2 characters without any specific event. ( they are the only ones that can enter the lottery by the way )
    Data Last Updated: 08/31/2010 5:13 pm
    Data Last Updated: 08/30/2010 5:28 pm
    - 1 character that was rerolled.
    - 2 Characters created on Ghallanda since September
    - 12 European refugees ( 1 has been LRed, 1 Has been GRed since they came ashore, 3 have been renamed [ including the GRed one ] )

All my characters appears as archived ( but they are all used regularly ) except the 2 that can enter the lottery.
    The quest log is working for all of them, but that's all.
    Last edited by Flavilandile; 12-08-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: corrected a mistake
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Unhappy My update issues

http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/devinshire/
    Data Last Updated: 04/27/2010 1:04 pm

submitted a trouble ticket about this a last week but have yet to have anything done about it

http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/favortankii/
    This one was a new toon just created 2 days ago and it's not updating ether.

Gear and stats are updated correctly here, it's only that it shows that im on mine 2nd life instead of third.

I've deleted the character and made a new one by the same name.

Some of the questions are misleading, since it is all of my chars that are not updating. I may have renamed one after deleting, but did not check because it is not the only affected character. Below are the dates of the last updates.

Sullly - 9/1/2010 12:59 am
    Hoch - 9/1/2010 1:50 am
    Shillely - 8/13/2020 2:16 pm (prolly the last time I played him before the 9/1 date)
    Dragael - 8/25/2010 6:30 pm (prolly the last time I played him before the 9/1 date)
    Atonal - Created after 9/1. His name shows up in myddo and that is all
    Buurtt - Created after 9/1. His name shows up in myddo and that is all
    Petrifiedd - Created after 9/1. His name shows up in myddo and that is all

I have others, but they are either bank toons or one that I keep at low level to help friends out that I rarely play anymore.

edit: The character logs work properly for all characters (completed quests, leveled etc).
    Last edited by Dragaer; 12-08-2010 at 12:00 PM.

8/28/2010 is latest update for a few of my characters, others before that.

Riscaan/Zahlen/Behlan/Eedain

None of my characters update and I have characters (recently created) that do not show up at all.

I have a character that has been transferred across servers, but only 1 of 18.

I have a character that has been deleted and re-rolled with same name, but only 1.

Other characters stopped updating 8/17/2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!
    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

I have a question Tolero.

Would characters that were moved during the server merger two years ago also count? What about characters that were deleted and rerolled prior to myDDO?
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast