Time Bandit

Default 100th Shroud Completion

Posting this for a fellow guildie. No it's not me. I haven't had time for more than...ahh, 60 completions I think.

----------

An Orien first: 100 completions in a single raid for a single character. And what a long strange journey it's been for Glum...

Shroud #1. Orien was barely two months old. The first serverwide Shroud completion was scant weeks ago, and there were still so few 20's on the server that you could log in and usually find nobody at all loitering around in Meridia. Metalline/PG weapons were too rare and valuable to be found on the AH. It was during those dark antediluvian days, as one of the very few Shroud-capable leaders around (and suffering from two chronically-timered alts), that Glum stepped into this breach and began his Shroud career. He gathered those who've been in his alts' Shrouds before and led his group to completion on the first try. At level 13, on a server full of terribly ill-equipped and inexperienced characters. Due to alts, Glum would continue to run Shroud for xp many times before capping. And then some more.

Shroud #100. Fast forward almost a year later. Another Shroud, elite as usual per Over Raided's raid rules. Almost half the group (5/12) were pugs, but hey, pugging elite raids on Orien -- what could possibly go wrong, amirite? One of those pugs was the rogue from this forum thread, whom we discovered had less than 400hp and had only one previous Shroud completion to his name, and had a hard time finding a Shroud group at all, nevermind for elite. But hey, everyone has to start somewhere, right? And so Glum offered the rogue a small prize if he lived through part 4. And the rogue did. And part 5 as well. And that rogue reminded Glum of what it was like to run Shroud undergunned back in the early days of Orien, 99 Shrouds ago...

Here's to all of our milestones, and the journeys that they mark.

If this is true, it sure took you long enough...
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Max grats to your guildy! Why so few abbots/chronos/titans though?
    700+ HP? 90+ AC? TWF DPS and Hate?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=326756

grats

Community Member

Well done.

Also, what did that rogue win?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobril View Post
    a cookie

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zilta View Post
    a cookie
    Oatmeal Raisin?

Chocolate Chip?

Please don't leave out important details!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobril View Post
    A large bone. Yes, the halfling was boned by a strange dorf named Glum. Thumbs did mention in his post he desperately needed Shroud mats. Had I seen the post before the run, I woulda tried to make sure he got the shards he needed too...
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

Congratz!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagone View Post
    Stay classy DDO
    "It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat **** and die" - Hunter S. Thompson

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    If this is true, it sure took you long enough...
    Orien opened in November 2009.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Community Member

they should give somthing x-tra at 100th completion

I congratulated him there, and congratulate him here. From my seat (co-pilot, not passenger, havent refined my pike-fu much yet =P) it was an awesome ride. And with one previous completion to my name, seeing someone going for their 100th was mind-blowing. And I only died once, because someone missed the jump and didnt hit the portal in the right spot! Shame on you Mr. Party Wiper!

Enough derailing, awesome mark Glum, awesome playing from all the party (particularly the divines who kept us all alive), and shame also on the Kobold Exploiter, who found ways to bypass Turbine's pixel walls not once but twice!
    Like Prometheus we are bound,
    Chained to this rock of a brave new world,
    Our godforsaken lot.

Gratz Glum I miss running shroud back then, one day ill be of stupid dial up and be able to raid again.
    Thand

Grats

Does this mean Glum is willing to TR now, or is he staying to rack up more completions?

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    We like the fact it’s a choice as suppose to, “hell we just kill yonder dragon cause we’re OP”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I say we take off and nerf the whole game from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Orien opened in November 2009.
    399 Days ago today. Even at exactly 1 completion every 3 days, that would have only left a 3 month cushion for leveling and missed time between completions.

Very impressive, congratulations.

What does (did) a guy with 100 completions take for the reward?

Quote Originally Posted by Crann View Post
    399 Days ago today. Even at exactly 1 completion every 3 days, that would have only left a 3 month cushion for leveling and missed time between completions.
    Shroud doesn't take all day. :P Especially when you have someone whipping people along.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Nice job; hope it was fun! How many fails in there as well?

*rasies mug*

To the next hundred!
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Actually, there were no Shroud completions on Day 1 of Orien server opening. The first Shroud might not have happened until late December? I don't remember exactly, but it wasn't Day 1. So even less of a cushion...

What does (did) a guy with 100 completions take for the reward?
    The answer to that is obvious. Since a leader leads by example, I'm sure Glum chose the Guild Renown. Even 50 guild renown goes to the whole guild. A +3 tome is enjoyed only by the individual.... right?
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    Actually, there were no Shroud completions on Day 1 of Orien server opening. The first Shroud might not have happened until late December? I don't remember exactly, but it wasn't Day 1. So even less of a cushion...
    Yeah, I meant that cushion was mostly for leveling, as I doubt there was any inefficiency of getting completions in a timely manner for that individual.

The first Shroud on Orien, If I recall correctly, was the first week of december, a bunch a Ransack guys had power leveled here, and were running Shrouds right about the 1 month mark...you have at least one of the Ransack guys in your guild, they would prolly remember that more than I, my time in that guild was brief