Community Member

Default Chronoscope Raid-Extreme Explorers

Last night the Extreme Explorers survived the Chronoscope raid on Normal. Lowest level toon was a level 4, and the highest a level 8. We only had 2 full time healers, both were level 5. 2 toons carried raise scrolls, each with only a 25% chance of success. I believe there was only 1 or 2 deaths on the way to the final fight, with successful raises. Maybe the only reason we had the resources to finish was the +2 loot from the past week.

I won't give details, because I know MV is still trying to run this one on hard w/level 7 toons. /tips hat...I like a challenge, but I don't like to die

congratulations! Here in MV we are scheduled for another attempt on Friday. More details to come . . .

Community Member

Good luck! definitely toss up a post and let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Qindark View Post
    Last night the Extreme Explorers survived the Chronoscope raid on Normal. Lowest level toon was a level 4, and the highest a level 8. We only had 2 full time healers, both were level 5. 2 toons carried raise scrolls, each with only a 25% chance of success. I believe there was only 1 or 2 deaths on the way to the final fight, with successful raises. Maybe the only reason we had the resources to finish was the +2 loot from the past week.

I won't give details, because I know MV is still trying to run this one on hard w/level 7 toons. /tips hat...I like a challenge, but I don't like to die

That's a pretty decent accomplishment, regardless of the details of your ruleset, which I am not familiar with. If you can buy potions and wands, use shrines, and transfer gear and consummibles between characters, Chronoscope still won't be easy with level 4-8 characters.

I see you had a few deaths. In The Core and MV, a raised character must recall out of the instance (a nod to pnp rules which say that the experience of coming back from the dead is too draining for that character to continue questing). So to have a shot at the final boss fight, we've got to keep almost everyone up for the duration of the raid. And we did just that in our 2nd run. But the final boss proved too much for us.

Even though we don't use shrines, trade anything to anyone, or run with any characters over level 7, I believe we can get it done next time if we have a decent group. We brought in level 5-6 toons in our failed 2nd run and paid a price for it.

Third time's a charm and I predict victory. Of course, the toons who looted during the loot boost week will benefit. But some of them have died already! Paristx looted +1 holy handwraps from the reward list of Irestone. Yes, Irestone! Then he went and died before we could run the raid.
    The Core HC Permadeath Guild
    HC stands for Hard Core
    on Khyber
    thecorehc.home.comcast.net