Default º0ºAnd Beyondº0º

I have been searching the forums for weeks looking for a good solo build for a friend of mine. I helped my friend build this guy to duo with my build.(http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=287054)

This build was designed to:
    1)Be a powerful solo/duo character via
    –Relatively high lvl casting ability(16lvls of Sorcerer with 26 Chr.
    –High saves(All above 30 without much effort)
    –Hp(At least 440 which is pretty effective when you have good saves and can self-heal)
    –Great self-healing(Repair spells, Quickened reconstruct, hangin out with a high lvl Cleric most of the time)
    –"Efficient" melee DPS(30 strength, power attack, greensteel greatsword)
    –UMD(About 35 with no gear)
    –Infinite resources once geared with a Torq and a Concordant opposition Item.

2)Be effective in 6 and 12 man groups. By bringing backup casting/buffing/fighting/trapworking(?) to a group this character can actually play many rolls when needed. This is much less important than the first purpose but still something to consider.

3)Compliment my build in a raid/quest duoing scenario. This build will bring awesome boons to our two man group including much heavier DPS(melee and spells), arcane buffs, UMD, and possibly light trapworking. While I am on the subject; I added in some divine stat buffs that will be guaranteed when we Duo.

16 sorcerer/2 paladin/2 rogue Warforged

Str 17+6item+5lvls+2tome=30+2exeptional= 32
    Dex 8+6item+2tome= 16
    Con 14+6item+2tome+2enh= 24
    Int 12+2tome= 14
    Wis 6
    Chr 14+6item+2enh+2tome=24+2exeptional=26

HP = 441
    64(Sorcerer)
    20(Paladin)
    12(Rogue)
    20(heroic)
    10(draconic)
    30(GFL)
    140(Con24)
    45(Greensteel)
    20(minos)
    80(toughness)

Saves
    --Sorc+Pally+Rogue
    Fort 5+ 3+ 0= 8+7con+5item+8chr+4GH+4HA= 36
    Ref 5+ 0+ 3= 8+3dex+5item+8chr+4GH+4HA= 32
    Will 10+ 0+ 0=10+8chr(FoP)+5item+8chr+4GH+4HA=39

Attack bonus breakdown
    11+10str+5weapon+4GH+2tumbleweed=32(41 w/divine power)-5power attack=27(36)

Damage breakdown
    GS greatsword(3d6)+(5)weapon+(10)power attack+(2d6)holy+(1d6)acid+(1d4)slicing≈40-50/hit

-AC-
    Boosting armor class is useless on this build because 1)you want to get hit and 2)If your AC isn't above a 60 it doesn't really matter anyway. Instead of AC this build requires decent HP, some DR, healing, a Torq, a concordant op item, and as many guard items as possible(thx to Tukaw for the idea).

Feats
    -Toughness
    -Improved crit(possibly swapped out once this build gets a MinII weapon)(Two handed fighting)
    -Maximize
    -Quicken
    -Force of personality( swapped for augment summoning?)(empower)(Ithf)
    -Power Attack(possibly swapped out depending on how often this build misses)(gthf)
    -Extend

Skills
    UMD-23ranks+8Chr+4GH=35(plus items if they happen to drop)
    Balance-23ranks+3dex+4GH+15item=45
    Concentration-≈10ranks(enough till Quicken)
    4 in Jump, Tumble, Search, Disable, Picklock just in case...
    4ranks+2/3stat+4GH+15item≈25(better than nothin')

This character should be a blast to play once he gets properly geared. The only worry I have is his attack bonus. I wish there were any easy way to boost that a bit. He might have to lose power attack if he has a real hard time hitting...

The stats I used in this thread depend on very little or very "common" gear. If we can find epic/rare raid loot we could make this character much more powerful. Once he gets a Torq and a Conc Op item he will be very hard to kill.

The 26 casting ability is a definite issue. Until this toon can get that higher, the only usefull spells will be repairs/buffs/summons(blah)/autohit spells(firewall and scorching ray). Luckily he has melee potential.

Questions and comments are welcomed. Any gear suggestions would be great because I Just started playing again after a very long break. I don't recall a lot of raid gear and I'm sure at least some has been added. Thanks again to Tukaw who brought this multiclass to my attention.
    Last edited by CrankVulcan; 11-28-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Hello!

I think you'll find lots of useful comments (fairly extensive discussion) here!(:

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ekniff View Post
    Hello!

I think you'll find lots of useful comments (fairly extensive discussion) here!(:

Cheers!
    You beat me too it

And tukaw has a great build and is a great player. Old guildie of mine when I played on khyber. His build was vialbe, did it's job, and great survivability. These builds are great in the right player, but then again they also take lots and lots of gear, and that takes lots time to aquire it.
    Community Kitten Eater! High Priest Vatican Assassin Warlock. Duh Winning!
    Strecth- 20 Favored Soul Plats-1 - 20 Favored Soul Hoochy- 20 Bard Futs- 20 Barb
    Mrsheen- Winning Warlock

Don't forget Rage for a +2 to Str/Con.

Divine Power clickies are great for boss fights, otherwise I just turn off PA if I start missing.

FoM/Kundarak Delving Boots/Spiked boots + Sleetstorm + backstabbing also helps with lower to-hit.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    Don't forget Rage for a +2 to Str/Con.

Divine Power clickies are great for boss fights, otherwise I just turn off PA if I start missing.

FoM/Kundarak Delving Boots/Spiked boots + Sleetstorm + backstabbing also helps with lower to-hit.
    Cool info.

How did tukaw get decent to hit bonus?(besides DP clickies)