Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is ANYONE actually playing the game?

For all the cries of "boycott the event!" I've been hearing, it seems nobody is interested in running quests right now.

I put up an LFM for Shadow Knight, advertising 16k XP for 15 minutes' work and 500 free motes. Not one person joined in over 30 minutes.

Guess I'm gonna go back to Team Fortress 2 for the forseeable future. Probably gonna cancel my DDO sub until March too, so I can play without having everyone drop to go farm motes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    if you want a challange, grab 5 strangers, park them at the quest entrance and then solo the quest

if you want even more challange, let those 5 help you

I'd play but my boss wouldn't be too happy about it....
    Cannith - Falconsbane(8 - 3rd life), NeedOil (14), NeedMead, Needfood, hobbitarcher(5)
    Sarlona - Zebidiahh (19.8), Anotherpers(20), Smurgh(16), Falconsbane(14), Needoil(15)
    The first rule of the trashcan guild is expect to die...
    There is no second rule.

DDO players dont ragequit. They ragejoin. Boycotting around these parts means play something as much as possible, then post that we hate it.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    DDO players dont ragequit. They ragejoin. Boycotting around these parts means play something as much as possible, then post that we hate it.

I'm learning how true that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenus_Paradox View Post
    For all the cries of "boycott the event!" I've been hearing, it seems nobody is interested in running quests right now.

I put up an LFM for Shadow Knight, advertising 16k XP for 15 minutes' work and 500 free motes. Not one person joined in over 30 minutes.

Guess I'm gonna go back to Team Fortress 2 for the forseeable future. Probably gonna cancel my DDO sub until March too, so I can play without having everyone drop to go farm motes.
    When you cancel your sub give me your stuff. I will delete it for you so you don't come back.

Sorry no sympathy from me at least because no one joined a quest you had up for 30 minutes. Hate to be the one that says it but ya think it might be you and not the event? It is not always people being hypocrites that cause things to be dead in game, it can just be that people dislike select aspects of people around them and choose to ignore them (I know, I get it all the time due to my lack of tact, and tolerance with failures of natural selection).
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Serjical, Crashoveride, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda. Speed run tracker for those that like a challenge

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    wow coming from you there boy makes it even funnier.
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.

Quote Originally Posted by lifestaker View Post
    wow coming from you there boy makes it even funnier.
    Are you still calling grown men boys? You must have a fetish that I think is best left unknown to the rest of us
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 11-22-2010 at 08:56 PM.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Are you still calling grown men boys? You must have a fetish that I think is best left unknown to the rest of us
    Think of it like this, I call you boy due to the fact you can act like a child from time to time, but at least i don't make reference to you as a self important needy cry baby tool any more. Think of it as you are more grown up then some people, and that raises the humor in you making fun of people about crying about things.

I never expect that from you. You aren't usually so snarkey on the forums. I almost sprayed tea on my monitor after that, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

I'm not getting enough work done just browsing forums, let alone playing. I can't see that working out well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Hm. Just spent the last 2.5 hours running quests on Ghallanda. So your answer is yes, people are still running quests.
    You are responsible for your own DDO experience.

Think of it like this, I call you boy due to the fact you can act like a child from time to time, but at least i don't make reference to you as a self important needy cry baby tool any more. Think of it as you are more grown up then some people, and that raises the humor in you making fun of people about crying about things.
    Totally unnecessary, dude. See... I look at it entirely different. You choose to create drama via unnecessary verbiage such as the garbage you just spewed.

I am an adult who is quite fond of the people I've met in this game and run with, who play the game with some compassion for the community at large, so I sleep good at night.

You need to let go of your age old "grudge" because your attempt to get a rise only makes YOURSELF look the fool.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 11-22-2010 at 11:50 PM.

/QFT. You sir, are a genius.

Default asdf

The problem lies in the general unwillingness to run the Necro2 Line, rather than your observation of a preference for Mabar over Necro2. They're good exp, but it's notoriously difficult to get a full party for them.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

You need to let go of your age old "grudge" because your attempt to get a rise only makes YOURSELF look the fool.
    See if you remember I did drop it, me calling you boy wasn't meant to be an insult to you as much as to the OP. Personally i don't care if you are even still around, I just find crybabies pathetic as all hell. You are crying less now then ever b4 so I guess i could say good job there aandre.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithran View Post
    The problem lies in the general unwillingness to run the Necro2 Line, rather than your observation of a preference for Mabar over Necro2. They're good exp, but it's notoriously difficult to get a full party for them.
    This
    Tip# 203: Death is a traumatic experience.

See if you remember I did drop it, me calling you boy wasn't meant to be an insult to you as much as to the OP. Personally i don't care if you are even still around, I just find crybabies pathetic as all hell. You are crying less now then ever b4 so I guess i could say good job there aandre.
    Ok then, well thank you for the hollow praise. I'll be sure to keep you in mind the next time I have nothing important to think about.... Peace.

Community Member

This has probably been asked (and possibly answered) before, but do vamps and liches (And the Dead Shall Rise boss, ...Sorjek?) outside the graveyard drop the specific bits, ie Vampire Fangs and Lich Dust?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    This has probably been asked (and possibly answered) before, but do vamps and liches (And the Dead Shall Rise book, ...Sorjek?) outside the graveyards drop the specific bits, ie Vampire Fangs and Lich Dust?
    Dont think so, but if u have the draught of midnight active they'll give motes when you kill them.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast