Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don't know if it was mentioned in any other threads or not, but the Draught of Midnight remains in effect through death now. I would disapear at death in the previous incarnation of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    I do believe this is a change to the festival since it was first around, which is quite possibly why I didn't notice it.
    It was the same the first go around, I just gave up arguing with people as the event was over. It's easy to be confused though, two people toss some aoe's into a crowd - one guy gets the majority of it first, 2nd guy clips 3 of the outside mobs the 1st guy missed and gets lucky on the drops. Nevermind the lag/delay that happens during spawn (which actually seems to vary between spawn points).

Liches are still 100% drop too. I made a few vids last night of me sniping spawned liches, then dancing while the other group kills it off. Dust each time. Interestingly, Vamps don't seem to drop fangs 100% anymore. Not sure why. /shrug

Edit: I will also say that it is *possible* that even with credit/tagging the mob, other players assisting in the kill may reduce your drop chance (besides 100% liches). I've certainly made observations that support that -- but passing observations, nothing concrete. So hard to narrow that kinda thing down when it's a random drop percentage. Good luck if you try to puzzle it out.
    Last edited by Delt; 11-24-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Draughts work on the undead of the event, so AoE casters can double or more their motes's gain with it.
    "When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken."
    Dak'kon.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    Interestingly, Vamps don't seem to drop fangs 100% anymore. Not sure why. /shrug
    Something to do with the release notes and the line "Vampire Fangs are no longer 100% drops in the Endless Night Festival."

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Something to do with the release notes and the line "Vampire Fangs are no longer 100% drops in the Endless Night Festival."
    If I didn't know the event was back on until I stumbled into it, what makes you think I'd read the patch notes

But ya, that explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killage View Post
    Sorry if this was said elsewhere, but you all may be pleased to know that your speed trinket works in here, the one you get from having good favor with one of the houses. Perfect for running around in this chaos.
    Yes, the pendant of time does indeed work. I figured this out for myself today. I can't believe I didn't think to try it before. I had simply been casting haste repeatedly. I will include this, as well as some other observations described by posters into the guide.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Keep it coming.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    It can also be kill stealing if you had first blood. That is, if someone reacts first and dings the undead with a weak AOE, he is stealing credit from the later players who actually go through the effort to kill the monster. That's only a small problem currently, because it's not as if any of the undead (except maybe Lich) have enough hitpoints to notice.
    I did that fairly often accidentally during the last event... a bunch of zombies or skellies would spawn around a Blackbone Warrior or something... and whilst my little ol' level 6 ranger was whacking the low-level mobs upside their heads trying to get their attention, I'd accidently clip the big guy instead... and then run screaming until it either lost interest or I ran across a big group which killed it and gave me the drop.

An amusing thing some people do is to setup auto-target and auto-attack with a bow aiming at a spawn area, and then walk away AFK so that their arrows hit undead as they pop. Other players will kill them with spells, giving items to the turret-archer.
    Does this really work? I know last event I couldn't target something unless it got woken up by being attacked (or by a similar-level mob next to it being attacked)... hence the occasional accidental clipping of something nasty.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

I'll be updating this guide to adjust for a few changes this time around. In the meantime,

BUMPORAMA!

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Could you be a little more specific on which part you think is incorrect? I welcome your feedback on this and I can do a little more testing on whatever you think it is.
    I solo killed a lot of liches (in previous event) and get one, maybe 2 dusts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Nice guide.
    Potion of Irian's Light
    Currently the best way to increase your light damage is superior brilliance (+75%). This is +25% better for a shorter amount of time. If you get a lot of use out of spells like searing light a few of these might be worth considering. An empowered maximized searing light is already a potent weapon against undead bosses like the Black Abbot. This only makes it more so.
    Small correction:
    The black abbot is rather immune to searing light. (mantle blocks lvl4 and below, its is lvl3)

What's this? My Mabar guide has been updated! Joy!

Part one (graveyard) is now updated. I will update part two (crafting) and part three (dragon) soon.

Smile have some data

I did a couple tests myself, hope they are helpful:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=397373

Community Member

ml24 Cloak has dr10/good. Not sure if you're using ml20 versions or just got that one wrong.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

The Crafting portion of this guide has been updated for 2013! It includes the new items!

I am working on other portions as information becomes available to me. Expect more updates to come as soon as Mabar begins!

Delara's Graveyard and Crafting are both now fully updated for 2013! I welcome feedback if you notice any incorrect information or missing items.

I've now included strategies on fighting some of the new monsters, as well as tips that take into play new mechanics such as new enhancement trees and iconics. There were a few errors in my update to the Crafting section which have also been corrected.

I still haven't written up my own dragon fight guide, although I have linked to FlyingTurtle's guide. Nevertheless, I have a number of insights into the fight which I would like to eventually include so that this guide is entirely comprehensive.

Happy Mabar!

I have updated my guide with my very own guide to battling the Spectral Dragon, Eternity. (Special thanks to Flying Turtle and Depravity for their previous work.)

Could the undead/monstrous humanoid nature of the gargoyles be tied to CR? I notice that the screenshots show undead at CR28 and monstrous humanoid at CR 23. Perhaps Turbine just made a boo-boo when they configured the higher-level instance?

FWIW, I've been in a few runs at the 20-25 stratum, and dancing ball seemed to have been close to 100% effective when I saw it used around an altar (with no lag, I might add!).

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Could the undead/monstrous humanoid nature of the gargoyles be tied to CR? I notice that the screenshots show undead at CR28 and monstrous humanoid at CR 23. Perhaps Turbine just made a boo-boo when they configured the higher-level instance?

FWIW, I've been in a few runs at the 20-25 stratum, and dancing ball seemed to have been close to 100% effective when I saw it used around an altar (with no lag, I might add!).
    That is one hypothesis I am entertaining. Most of the battles I have run have been in epic levels, either 20-25 or 26-30. But I did see an undead gargoyle in the 20-25 instance and was unable to snap a screen shot before it got blasted. For all I know, it could be a coding issue that is entirely random. Once I get all my signets for my epic characters I will start running this on lower-levels and check the types.

I am now fairly certain that all the gargoyles in 26-30 spectral dragon fights are type undead. I've gotten most of the signets I need for my epic toons now, so I will be working on my lower level toons later. I'll be looking into this more as time goes on.

Community Member

Unhappy

One quick difference from last year.

This year kills don't count towards your Monster Manual counts, last year they did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast