Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    One additional question - does the +2 Bonus Loot levels have any impact on named raid loot drops?
    No, it just effects when the system is figuring out what non-named random loot you get.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    Welcome to Argonesson where we feast on the drama of lesser creatures
    Well, I was more refering to RL. However, Argo must be eating the leftovers from Khybers table.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    Maybe you should have followed your own advice before posting.
    I did this to mess with flynn ;-) He's a RL buddy o mine.
    Fullmental Lobotomy: Warforged 2Rog/18Wiz Catharxis: Drow 10Ranger/2Rog | Knobstomper: Dwarf 4Bard/2Rog/2Ftr
    Meatjob: Warforged 5 FvS | Tronjeremy: HOrc 4 Monk

Quote Originally Posted by flynnjsw View Post
    Well, I was more refering to RL. However, Argo must be eating the leftovers from Khybers table.
    you eat our leftovers methinks
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    you eat our leftovers methinks
    Well it never hurts to think, much. We just won't get into whether the thoughts are wrong or not. Lets not derail this thread full of win any more than it already is...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Happosaai View Post
    I did this to mess with flynn ;-) He's a RL buddy o mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnjsw View Post
    Hopefully you didn't hit him with a neg for that, well, maybe you should. It might be amusing.
    Which is why I made the above comment (which I got negged for, that's pretty amusing).

So, this is the "Loot or Boot Festival", then?
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Lmao... i needed that laugh, ty.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    I'm over dramatizing the recent events to caste a greater concern for their lack of acknowledgement and reassurance Turbine has given. Of past and future 'mistakes' they have/will make.
    I'm not sure I understand this comment. We repealed disciplinary action; emailed apology letters to all affected users; issued point credits at double the value of a single day's worth of VIP time; posted public apology announcements; reviewed our processes and determined where the error happened; put extra processes in place to avoid it, and fixed the issues that prompted the investigations in the first place, then took some extra time to fix some game bugs with the festival (hooray for stacks of 10,000 motes!). I'm happy to forward any feedback on any outstanding issues, but I'm at a loss as to what stones were left unturned in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual
    One additional question - does the +2 Bonus Loot levels have any impact on named raid loot drops?
    The_Cataclysm is correct: the loot bonus level doesn't impact named raid drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    No no no, it's Loot, then Boot.

Nice way to make doing quest still worth while the mabar event is active. I like that.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by capluke View Post
    Quick question for clarification Tolero. Does the +2 bonus to loot only apply to chests in quest or does it also apply to end rewards?
    It seems to be affecting end rewards as well, I am getting some really expensive junk as end rewards for some of the IQ quests.

Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    I have been told that chests inside quests contain items that have a maximum ML of quest level -3. That means a level 17 quest will have items that have an ML of 14.

If we start doing Sins of Attrition on Hard and have a loot gem running, that sounds like a CR 20 quest +3 levels for gem and Bonus Loot and then -3 levels for the ML of the items in the chest.

That means we should see a bunch of ML 20 items in Sins of Attrition Hard. Is my understanding of quest loot mechanics correct?
    A dev clarification to this would be greatly appreciated. This week you can have three things going on that increases loot level:

+2 loot bonus
    +1 loot gem
    +? human/horc dragonmark

Do all three stack? And what level chest* would hold the highest loot possible (where a +1, whether attainable or not, would not increase loot level)

Heck while you're at it what do the dragonmark effects mean? The one with particle effects bouncing back is clearly a fail but what is the difference between the restoration-like effect and shield-like effect? What kind of impact does this have on raid loot? Named loot (a la mindsunder)? Do raids with items that drop only on X difficulty drop these items ok lower ones with a buffed chest? What + bonus does the buff so anyways?

Too many question, too little explanation in release notes! (We've been testing in guild but the sample size is just too small)

*not quest since some quests have different level chests
    Last edited by Qzipoun; 11-22-2010 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qzipoun View Post
    A dev clarification to this would be greatly appreciated. This week you can have three things going on that increases loot level:

+2 loot bonus
    +1 loot gem
    +? human/horc dragonmark

Do all three stack? And what level chest* would hold the highest loot possible (where a +1, whether attainable or not, would not increase loot level)

Heck while you're at it what do the dragonmark effects mean? The one with particle effects bouncing back is clearly a fail but what is the difference between the restoration-like effect and shield-like effect? What kind of impact does this have on raid loot? Named loot (a la mindsunder)? Do raids with items that drop only on X difficulty drop these items ok lower ones with a buffed chest? What + bonus does the buff so anyways?

Too many question, too little explanation in release notes! (We've been testing in guild but the sample size is just too small)

*not quest since some quests have different level chests
    The +2 bonus and the loot gem definitely stack. I will double check on the dragonmark and level questions

I could swear I remember Eladrin stating a while back that lv22 chests are the highest loot tables available (to accommodate Elite lv20 quests), and anything boosted higher, since there is no lv23 table, would just be using the lv22 table.
    Yazston the Invoker, Nyyarlathotep, Thongo Stonesplitter, Stumpvvater Jack, Iaug Sothoth, Egostu Theman, Hastuur D'Rlyeh,
    Vehnison Deerslayer, Guendaril Kherras, Khaloss Meierson, Haestan Cloudreaver, Ygolonac
    Member of The Madborn

Ok the answers to various stacking and dragonmark questions:

1. If you loot a chest and have your loot gem running, and use your dragonmark, while this +2 boost is going, yes they ALL stack

2. If you play a CR 20 quest on normal and have bonuses, the ceiling is 23... so basically if you play it on hard or elite, you can't get past 23. (There are one or two high end quests that are CR 25, so the bonus wouldn't apply there because you're already as high on the loot level as you can get).

3. The effects for the dragonmark:
    - The fizzly effect = failure
    - The arrow effect = success
    - The shield effect = your dragonmark won't work on that chest. Think of it like the "this door can't be picked" message (such as a chest that has a key or only gives one type of very specific item)

4. The bonus applies to chests, and not to end reward lists or named item drop chances (there are a handful of end reward lists that give only randomly generated treasure, and these may be affected by the bonuses, but it's not easily distinguishable at face value, so count on it pretty much being only chests affected).
    Last edited by Tolero; 11-22-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazston_the_Invoker View Post
    I could swear I remember Eladrin stating a while back that lv22 chests are the highest loot tables available (to accommodate Elite lv20 quests), and anything boosted higher, since there is no lv23 table, would just be using the lv22 table.
    At one point the threshold was 22, but they did manage to nudge it up to 23 in one of the older patches

Quote Originally Posted by capluke View Post
    Quick question for clarification Tolero. Does the +2 bonus to loot only apply to chests in quest or does it also apply to end rewards?
    Last time they did this it effected end reward lists as well.....my suggestion is go run a quick Sins......if there are level 18-20 weapons on the end list then it's hitting that too.........and btw this is a super super great way to get EXTREMELY nice weapons and other items if it is in fact effecting end lists as well.

Good way to make a ton of plat too as vendor trash will be of much more value.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    At one point the threshold was 22, but they did manage to nudge it up to 23 in one of the older patches
    Ahh, I was close! Thanks for the breakdown!
    Yazston the Invoker, Nyyarlathotep, Thongo Stonesplitter, Stumpvvater Jack, Iaug Sothoth, Egostu Theman, Hastuur D'Rlyeh,
    Vehnison Deerslayer, Guendaril Kherras, Khaloss Meierson, Haestan Cloudreaver, Ygolonac
    Member of The Madborn

Edit - Tolero beat me to it.
    Last edited by sirgog; 11-22-2010 at 06:17 PM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast