Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PD Shroud

We turned our attention away from the Shroud last night. Look what we did in it's stead:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...43#post3482943

I read your other post, quite an achievement!
    First let me say its the first time I see 2 PD Heroes at level 20, the Leader and an Officer of A PD guild. You have 0 Deaths right?

Looking for the moment you tackle with part 4 and 5 of Shroud. But you need a complete Party. Shame for 2 deaths in part 2 before but its the risk of PD Heroes.

We haven't had deaths (that lasted) in there yet, we have always recovered. As far as 4,5 I think we are waiting until we get a few more people prepped for it.

Sublime did its first Shroud run of part 1 last Sunday. The plan is to go back in this Sunday and we have been flagging more people during the week.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Sublime did its first Shroud run of part 1 last Sunday. The plan is to go back in this Sunday and we have been flagging more people during the week.
    Grats! Perhaps we will have some friendly competition! We've hit a lull in the last few weeks.

We just did parts 2 and 3 today. Having half a group that has never done a magic square puzzle in their life was a bit crazy.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    We just did parts 2 and 3 today. Having half a group that has never done a magic square puzzle in their life was a bit crazy.
    Good job guys! +1 Rep! Its going to be exciting facing off against the pit fiend.

are you guys able to run it full?

A little late on this one:

Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    Maybe there is a double super secret sect with 1000 members who never talk about PD beyond their immediate guild members...
    The first rule of PD club is never talk about PD club
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

Quote Originally Posted by Orohb View Post
    are you guys able to run it full?
    We have the numbers, but I think we need to straighten out the actual party make up before we do part 4 and 5. My ideal PD shroud party would be 3 healers 1-2 casters and 7-8 DPS.

Having 4 casters and 3 clerics beating on portals in part 1 is one thing, but we need the beeftank style DPS to be able to handle the boss in three rounds or less. We dont have the DPS that in PD that PUGs have when they are made up of people who are decked out in TOD / Epic gear running the shroud to farm mats for other toons.

I am predicting a full 2 rounds to take Harry down, and hedging our bets by having three healers on deck.

I would love to have that problem We haven't been able to get more than a group of 6 in for 1-3 yet.

Community Member Gandalfs_Ghost's Avatar

I know its off topic but we did Enter the Kobold yesterday(normal). No deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfs_Ghost View Post
    I know its off topic but we did Enter the Kobold yesterday(normal). No deaths.
    Very nice! I think we have 5-6 people now with Dragontouched armor, after having done Stealer of Souls.

Short of a few of the high end raids, I *THINK* EE has done every standard 6man quest in the game. Can someone back me up on that? Just quests, not raids?

3 Healers sounds properly, but make them Clerics Radiant Servant since Favored Soul don't have the prestige enhancement Beacon of Hope yet.
    To take advantage of the synergies Arcane-Warforged raid with 2 Arcanes-6 DPS if many Warforged, else 1 Arcane-7 DPS, and Arcane Sorcerers look superior for this scenario. As DPS skip Rogues, and Monks for first try.
    Don't forget 1 Warchanter Bard for the occasional healing via UMD and classic buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ddobard1 View Post
    3 Healers sounds properly, but make them Clerics Radiant Servant since Favored Soul don't have the prestige enhancement Beacon of Hope yet.
    To take advantage of the synergies Arcane-Warforged raid with 2 Arcanes-6 DPS if many Warforged, else 1 Arcane-7 DPS, and Arcane Sorcerers look superior for this scenario. As DPS skip Rogues, and Monks for first try.
    Don't forget 1 Warchanter Bard for the occasional healing via UMD and classic buffs.
    You kinda don't have the luxury of picking and choosing much in PD, just go do it with what you have - adapt and overcome, hoorah...
    Member of The Sublime Permadeath Guild on Thelanis.
    www.thesublimeguild.com

Go Hard or Go Home!

We've had a major lull as of late, but we had 6 people on between the levels of 16-20, and we decided to plow back in tonight! We accomplished part 1-3 with little hiccups, and we managed to pull quite a few goodies! +2 Str tome, Shard of Great Power, and many med. ingreds!

But the real madness began when we lost a member of our party to waggro, and we decided to wind down for the evening with a jaunt through the Subterraine, with only one member of our group having any knowledge of where to go and what we faced. Using two year old memories, he led us to Garamol, who's traps promptly killed one of our number and nearly killed several more. Once down in the pit, we briefly thought of regrouping and escaping, but decided to press forward. Shortly thereafter, Garamol was slain, and we looted his two chests in triumph and then recalled scared to death!

Not a bad guild night for a group of 5-6 non-capped PD characters! Grats all around!

Great job everyone! I still can't really believe you all followed me in there!

On another note, we have MANY people that have joined in the last three months that are very promising, which is where many of us have spent the most time progressing. Several of our relatively new guildees already have characters that have reached the double digits. It's an exciting time to be an Extreme Explorer!

Congrats! That brings a whole new level of excitement to part 3!

*spoiler warning*

How did you do the 11 puzzles with 6 people? Did you train before-hand on a web browser (at terpstra.ca/vale.html for example?).
    ~ Crate & Barrel Smashing, LLC ~
    ~Hydrode~ Sorc18/Pal2/Epic5 - Oaked FvS20/Epic5 - ~Guttts~ Bbn 5

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTricks View Post
    How did you do the 11 puzzles with 6 people? Did you train before-hand on a web browser (at terpstra.ca/vale.html for example?).
    No training prior to, but we did use a solver. The wall definitely menaced us. It showed up before we'd finished the first third, so we did the remaining 2/3 under constant threat.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast