Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PD Shroud

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orohb View Post
    I would love to have that problem We haven't been able to get more than a group of 6 in for 1-3 yet.

Hey guys, it's Nir. Just wanted to point out that though in Extreme Explorers we've only been able to get six people into the shroud, there are lots more that are willing to help. I know its taken me a while to get up in levels a bit, but myself and Tipa at the very least would like to run some of the lower raids on guild nights when you're done your higher stuff (if you have time) so that we can get the gear and levels that would make us an asset in things like the shroud.

Congratulations are in order for last night, though. You did well.
    Last edited by Annwyn; 02-23-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annwyn View Post
    Hey guys, it's Nir. Just wanted to point out that though in Extreme Explorers we've only been able to get six people into the shroud, there are lots more that are willing to help. I know its taken me a while to get up in levels a bit, but myself and Tipa at the very least would like to run some of the lower raids on guild nights when you're done your higher stuff (if you have time) so that we can get the gear and levels that would make us an asset in things like the shroud.

Congratulations are in order for last night, though. You did well.
    There are two reasons that I settled on the Extreme Explorers:

1. I enjoy the challenging aspects of PD play, mixed with obvious things like not twinking or abusing the AH for millions of platinum. However, some guild IMHO take that next step further, into rules such as no shrining/forced "hard", which I personally do not care for(not an attack, merely an opinion). The middle ground we have here between open play and hardcore rules is one that I find appealing.

2. The biggest draw I think EE has is that we have a strong culture of when a guildee comes online, we almost always drop down to their level and help them out. That culture has been my favorite single tenet in the EE culture.

Every guild has its faults. In EE, we have a solid core but suffer from a relatively small playerbase. When we accomplish raids or difficult quests, we are almost always undermanning them, sometimes SIGNIFIGANTLY. I recognize that in the two weeks prior to your post Nir, we hadn't been dropping down to help nearly as much as we should have, but I think you'd agree that after that day, we've resumed our lowbie-friendly culture.

And as with any guild, when we fail to live up to our culture, no one wants to see their dirty laundry aired out in public. If you ever think we are straying from our core philosophy, let us know privately, and we'll address it post-haste.

With you at 10, Thos at 11, Hag at 15, Bab at 7, and Tip and Ysar at 5 each, we're starting to fill out nicely, and I see a bright future ahead for us!

EE took down Stealer of Souls again last night, for the first time in over a year. Good to be back at the top and kicking the Stormreaver's skeletal pelvis!

Shoutout to:

Xokatha
    Brightpaper
    Firedupp
    Krych
    Sihaga

Shroud 4 & 5! You are next, way undermanned or not! Be on notice!

Just a quick update - After last nights 1-3 run, I was able to upgrade my goggles to tier 2! We ran it with a couple new characters as well (both PD first timers) and only had 6, but it went smooth.
    thanks to all involved last night:
    Brightpaper
    Magloom
    Krych
    Zevot
    Sihaga
    (and me!)

Default I will be there

someday.

Well not to mislead, I have been on an E Shroud 1-3 run. just not enough ingredients yet
    "Champion of Unwashed ~~Loser of Keys ~ Bane of Manners~Carrion Eater~Rag Raconteur"
    "Even kobolds dream of Valhalla..."
    Official Cupcakes Muskateers Tavern Spittoon Dweller

Community Member Gandalfs_Ghost's Avatar

I do like the shroud, fun raid, everyone always doing something, nobody standing around, no "rub your belly, pat your head while hopping on one leg" quest mechanics.

We have not done a complete shroud in a few months at least though, some high level player attrition has cut into our shroudability.
    The last complete was before the latest changes to the blades, so weve not seen part 5 latest tweaks yet. We have run completes shortman, the lowest being 9, and even though we are running on normal the 9 and 10 man runs were pretty dicey in part 4 (6 players left standing once, quite nerve wracking).

For anyone who has access, our shroud guild thread is here:
    http://www.thesublimeguild.com/viewt...hp?f=19&t=2013
    Epics:
    http://www.thesublimeguild.com/viewt...hp?f=19&t=2261

We do have a few members who are sporting supreme tyrant gear though. Kinda cool.

edited for accuracy.
    Last edited by Gandalfs_Ghost; 04-12-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Yeah I counted today and if we all were on at once we would have 9 people, so it looks like we will be short manning for sure. (we have never had more than 6 on at once)

This Wednesday, we will finally be doing part 4-5, still significantly undermanned, but it has to be done!

Party will be:
    Effeffbee
    Brightpaper
    Xokatha
    Firedupp
    Thosbur
    Magloom
    NextofQin
    Zevot
    Babslash

...assuming everyone shows up. Regardless, Harry is gonna die, or we are gonna die trying.

With everyone attending but Firedupp(thus giving us a 8 person party) EE drops the Shroud!

It was fun! Now we need to work on another raid...

Great Job all! It was a blast. You are great guildies.

Proud Leader of Extreme Explorers Permadeath Guild on Sarlona. Check us out at http://extremeexplorers.guildportal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Magnyr_Delorn View Post
    This Wednesday, ....

...assuming everyone shows up. Regardless, Harry is gonna die, or we are gonna die trying.

...yeah, I know. A day late.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Community Member

Nice work guys :-). I'm glad I was able to join you.

Thanks for helping me get flagged. It was great to finally do a Shroud.
    Last edited by cph; 10-04-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234