Community Member

Default Looking for a PD guild

Hi all,

I was thinking of trying my hands on Permadeath, since I've breezed through (regretfully) a lot of content with my earlier toons. I don't like grinding and twinking and like to play cooperatively, so I thought I'd try PD. Anyway due to my location out of US, my playing times are usually off-peak and I'm not sure if there are active PD guilds at those time.

My playing times are usually:
    1.30 pm - 3.30 pm (GMT) daily
    7 am - 9 am (GMT) occasionally on weekends.

I don't have any server preference and am a VIP subscriber.

Thanks for reading!

I recommend looking at this thread which lists many of the PD guilds. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...+guild+listing

I also recommend researching the rulesets of each and finding one that best suits your vision and playstyle.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Are you EU?

The Sublime has an EU PD Static group going at the moment, not sure if they are full or if there is room, but there is enough regular players from there to form a static group. We also are coordinating some raids and are taking the times that they (the EU players) will be available into account for the scheduling.

That said.

I also recommend you check out the above link and see if The Sublime, or another guild, is the right one for you.
    Member of The Sublime Permadeath Guild on Thelanis.
    www.thesublimeguild.com

Go Hard or Go Home!

Community Member

Thanks for the replies.

Chai: I have already tried looking through that thread, but some of he guilds there don't list their playing times. Which is why I posted. I'm prioritising to have more folks around when I play rather an any particular ruleset at the moment, since I'm new to PD.

Talltale: I'm not in EU, in Asia Pacific actually so my timezone is still ahead of EU. I'll try checking out those guilds you suggested too.

I'm just hoping if some folks who is in/know some guild who has players around that time who could point me that way. I'd rather not have to PM every guild on the list to see who has active players during my playing time.

We have some guys running off-peak times. There are frustrations to joining a smaller-sized guild with a hardcore ruleset, but if you're up for the challenge I'm pretty sure you could get regular playing times on Khyber in the Core.

Having Vet status builds would be a big plus...
    The Core HC Permadeath Guild
    HC stands for Hard Core
    on Khyber
    thecorehc.home.comcast.net

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duncani_Daho View Post
    We have some guys running off-peak times. There are frustrations to joining a smaller-sized guild with a hardcore ruleset, but if you're up for the challenge I'm pretty sure you could get regular playing times on Khyber in the Core.

Having Vet status builds would be a big plus...
    I see your guild is on Khyber. I have toons on Khyber and Argo, so I've vet status unlocked there. Thanks for the reply, I'll try checking out your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by learst View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Chai: I have already tried looking through that thread, but some of he guilds there don't list their playing times. Which is why I posted. I'm prioritising to have more folks around when I play rather an any particular ruleset at the moment, since I'm new to PD.

Talltale: I'm not in EU, in Asia Pacific actually so my timezone is still ahead of EU. I'll try checking out those guilds you suggested too.

I'm just hoping if some folks who is in/know some guild who has players around that time who could point me that way. I'd rather not have to PM every guild on the list to see who has active players during my playing time.
    Both Chai, and myself are in The Sublime.

I would recommend justy loggin onto those servers and doing a search of online players in the social panel by which guild.

Compare which guild has more people on at the times you want to play.

Also, I used the EU static as a way to point out that even in off-peak hours our players are getting full groups. Good luck!
    Member of The Sublime Permadeath Guild on Thelanis.
    www.thesublimeguild.com

Go Hard or Go Home!

You could check Mortal Voyage. It a very active guild and failry large for PD (if not the largest?).

Our ruleset is one of the most difficult so you should make sure that you look at the rulesets as Chai suggested.

Our site is in my sig.

Hope you enjoy PD!
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    www.mortalvoyage.com