Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Community Member dragons1ayer74's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Role playing at the tavern before and after quests is fine, and I think it is just as important to continue role playing during a quest.
    Role-playing during the quest is where I want to see this group get strongest, but diffrent people expect diffrent things from the experince. You can only take your role-play as far as the group your in or leader your with will really let you. As long as it continues to remains fun is the biggest thing for me.

I want to play at a slower pace and explore every nook and cranny I can - just like I would in PnP. For me, completing the quest is secondary, completing it in character and with the group is the primary goal. If I'm typing, that means I'm not moving, so role play will slow down the dungeon exploration. I suppose one way to speed that up is if we all used voice, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable enough doing that yet (more to do with my environment in RL than DDO).
    So all of your characters have a thorough explorer trait? That does not always equal role-play, that is a style of play I can role-play a brash goal driven paladin with a desire to see good done that does not need to stop and smell the flowers and that would still be role-playing and support a different style of play. Heck even if you are the least bit concerned with your quest objective you would likely do the quest and move on perhaps RPing lamenting about missing out on this beautiful environment vowing one day to return when the peril has died down so you can take your time and explore it in its fully beauty.

My typing is poor, even moreso when I feel I must rush or others are waiting. I am one of the only one that has attempted to RP in voice chat that I have grouped with so far. I got a few complements but it feels a bit wierd at the start of each session when I am the only one doing it. I find once I get comfortable it does allow me to role-play to the environment around me as opposed to frantically typing.

Here I disagree. After playing last week, I feel even more strongly than before that we should NEVER run a quest at level as a group. A full group of six should always be playing at least one-two levels higher than the average level of the party, and a short-manned group should be playing at least one level higher.

I believe the quests on normal are too easy, even solo, for most of our players. For a well balanced group of five or six, normal may as well be casual. Only elite seems to offer a sufficient challenge. That is the reason perma-death groups like Mortal Voyage don't play anything at level; they always play at least one level higher than the average level of the party.

But beating bosses, detecting doors, and disabling traps shouldn't be automatic anyway. Elite keeps the encounters and trap levels high, it forces people to really focus on the stats and skills they want to be good at.

Yes that means it is harder to detect traps, and when Dallog blows it or springs yet another trap accidentally, no one is more frustrated than I am. That said, this has also had a positive impact on role play. It's almost become a running joke that the 'trap expert' is better at setting them off than finding them.

And yes it means we may wipe, or have only a few escape the occasional encounter, but that makes finally completing the quest all the better.
    I guess we can agree to disagree. First I built my character balanced with an eye toward role-playing and the idea that we would not be running elite level content all the time. Despite role-playing a cleric of the Undying Court with a twist in his persona that he wants to grant immortal life to more than just the elves I still hope that character life does not become a joke, and the few times it has already happened it is beginning to sadly look that way. ‘Oh he was frozen then quickly thawed’ ‘Oh he got swallowed whole by slime but didn’t really die because they where a halfling and small enough that we dissected them at the shrine.’ ‘Oh they didn’t really die they where just KOed and need a little rest before they got back on their feet and then charged full steam back into action.’ ‘That fire trap didn’t really burn them to cinders it merely warmed them up from all those days they had spent back in Snowy Side Korthos.’ Yes it is humors at times but also make light of dying and more rp-light than anything else. A few full party wipes will likely be enough to kill the fun for me.

I want to focus on the journey and the story, I want the good guys to win, I want my RP character to shine in ways he is supposed to, I don’t want character life to be a joke, nor do I want to see the heroes have to struggle against every opponent we are pitted against fighting tooth and claw never getting a break or a chance to shine.

Finally, I don't want to run quests more than once per character. I won't be repeating quests to get more xps, or farm loot and favor. So completing on elite means there is no reason to go back, we've got max favor possible, and we completed it at the most challenging level which should be a sense of accomplishment.
    Challenge point aside which I have addressed above I fully agree I do not want to go back and be repeating quests but as a role-player I do not care about favor in the least, if I do not get a single reward I can live with it. I really hope that we do not have to repeate a lot of stuff and if we do I will try to fit it in role-play. ‘Heyton you let us down we came back to see why you did not meet up with us when you said you would...’ If I am getting enough xp doing quests with whatever difficulty they happen to get done on then I am fine with that. I have other characters that can grind favor or that crave a challenge and for me this wasn't about signing up for an extreme challenge RP guild more about fun along the journey and meeting some new and interesting people; so far so good.
    Last edited by dragons1ayer74; 11-16-2010 at 04:40 PM.

I just wanted to let you guys know that the guild was featured in this week's Eberron Chronicle.
    Clayne Fourstring - Jack of All Trades, Riddlemaster - Sarlona
    Esson the Sacred Heart - Physician, Healer - Sarlona
    ~~The Paladin Code: Death before dishonor . . . especially when there is a cleric in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by dragons1ayer74 View Post

So all of your characters have a thorough explorer trait? That does not always equal role-play, that is a style of play I can role-play a brash goal driven paladin with a desire to see good done that does not need to stop and smell the flowers and that would still be role-playing and support a different style of play.

Good point. We should play to character's traits, etc.

I guess we can agree to disagree. First I built my character balanced with an eye toward role-playing and the idea that we would not be running elite level content all the time. Despite role-playing a cleric of the Undying Court with a twist in his persona that he wants to grant immortal life to more than just the elves I still hope that character life does not become a joke, and the few times it has already happened it is beginning to sadly look that way. ‘Oh he was frozen then quickly thawed’ ‘Oh he got swallowed whole by slime but didn’t really die because they where a halfling and small enough that we dissected them at the shrine.’ ‘Oh they didn’t really die they where just KOed and need a little rest before they got back on their feet and then charged full steam back into action.’ ‘That fire trap didn’t really burn them to cinders it merely warmed them up from all those days they had spent back in Snowy Side Korthos.’ Yes it is humors at times but also make light of dying and more rp-light than anything else. A few full party wipes will likely be enough to kill the fun for me.

I guess I might be a bit overzealous about the 'must run elite' thing. That comes from my observation that a six person group can effortlessly run through just about any at level quest. We certainly have so far. I feel like our characters should be risking death when they do foolish or fool hardy things, but we never really discussed how we'd treat death in the group. If I were more concerned about Dallog dying, then there are some traps or encounters I would probably try to avoid.

"Cross the flaming jet of fire? For a chest? Pass."

You raise a good question: How should we treat a death in quest?

1- Should a character simply shrine back to life and/or recall as we have been?

2- Should there be some sort of limit to using rez shrines?

3- Should there be a penalty for dying, or for dying more than once in a quest? E.g. the dead character recalls to the inn and sit out the rest of the quest?

I want to focus on the journey and the story, I want the good guys to win, I want my RP character to shine in ways he is supposed to, I don’t want character life to be a joke, nor do I want to see the heroes have to struggle against every opponent we are pitted against fighting tooth and claw never getting a break or a chance to shine.

Me too. And that's why, in my opinion, if the quests are too easy, then my character won't shine and his life will be a joke since he's never really in jeopardy of dying. But you are right, there should be some balance. And I think the group - the actual party attempting the quest - should have the final say in determining the difficulty of the quest.

I am not asking that DBF creates a hard and fast rule about difficulty settings. I think the party undertaking the quest should determine that. But it would be great of players challenge themselves whenever possible, that means setting up situations where we have think about conserving spell points, gear, who gets healed, being prepared for quests gear-wise (which can include role play), knowing when to retreat and regroup, etc.

as a role-player I do not care about favor in the least, if I do not get a single reward I can live with it. I really hope that we do not have to repeate a lot of stuff and if we do I will try to fit it in role-play. ‘Heyton you let us down we came back to see why you did not meet up with us when you said you would...’ If I am getting enough xp doing quests with whatever difficulty they happen to get done on then I am fine with that.

Yes I agree with these points as well. You are right; ultimately the favor rewards should probably be looked at as a bonus - the same as xps and leveling and loot.

You raise a good question: How should we treat a death in quest?

1- Should a character simply shrine back to life and/or recall as we have been?

2- Should there be some sort of limit to using rez shrines?

3- Should there be a penalty for dying, or for dying more than once in a quest? E.g. the dead character recalls to the inn and sit out the rest of the quest?
    Currently the Guidelines state:

Quote Originally Posted by HalfOrcBeautyQueen View Post
    - We are NOT a permadeath guild, but if someone does happen to die, we shall try to handle it as in-characterly as possible. In the event that someone dies, their soulstone becomes their "corpse."
    - Dead players can only communicate with characters who have the Turn Undead ability (Clerics, Paladins) or Palemasters (Wizards). Everyone else can see the dead player's Ghost, but cannot hear him/her.
    This allows the individual players in the group to deal with the death according to the party make-up. There is no "Rule" concerning death & dying at the moment, and I feel those are more suited to Perma-death or Elite challenge Guilds.

Death itself is clearly different in DDO than in Real-life; Resurrection Shrines, Raise Dead Scrolls, spells, and enhancements can all bring players back to life. We should use these resources to our benefit.
    Last edited by HalfOrcBeautyQueen; 11-16-2010 at 07:00 PM.

One thing we could think about, which is something I know some roleplayers do, is that your character doesn't die until you decide they die. Some people choose to consider that rather than dying, their character has been knocked unconscious or seriously wounded, and needs to be taken to a safe place to rest and recover.

It's really down to the individual to decide how they want to treat death for their character, and if there's a cleric in the group who can raise then that may be how they want to play it. I haven't had to decide this for Deisyr yet, so I'm not quite sure how I'm going to choose to deal with it.

And a quick comment on the use of voice chat to roleplay - I'm fine with it if other people want to do that, but apart from the fact that I'm uncomfortable talking it's impossible for me to RP Deisyr via voice - she is mute. Luckily I can type reasonably fast...

Talking

Thank you ALL that showed up for the most awesome Team Tuesday!

Split into 2 groups, we set off to scour the Waterworks. Our team, met up with a mysterious young lady claiming that Feyjhan was missing, and heard she was last seen in there. She convinced Dallog, Debbin and Fallane to accompany Valtrun as they searched for clues.

Dallog scouted ahead, not a single trap unnoticed in his wake. Debbin right there in front, jumping into the sea of kobold armies. Fallane, blessing from the Undying Court on his side. Valtrun, running from oozes and wolves and kobolds as her magic seems to taste delicious to evil.

I am interested in how the other team did, any tales?

Next week, Team Tuesday is planning on tackling STK. I've never done it, so I am excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post
    Thank you ALL that showed up for the most awesome Team Tuesday!
    ?

Next week, Team Tuesday is planning on tackling STK. I've never done it, so I am excited!

We totally rocked... except when we totally wiped... and then Fallane popped his Korthos syberis cake and saved the day Epic Style!

And then we really rocked... until we almost wiped again... and then Vultran stabilizes at -9!!!!! Grabs all three soul stones, and makes like Jim Brown trying to outrun the Nazis in the Dirty Dozen... except he MAKES IT!

Epic squared!

Can't wait for Shan-To-Kor!

I started a second hero, Driftsong, a bard, who I leveled up to 4th. He'll be my Sunday character and Dallog will remain my Tuesday character.

I've already created one free agent so far, and may create one more if I want to play during the week. I've been neglecting my Argo chars, but this group is too much fun to play with.

So, my Da asked me (more like told me) to go to the harbor to investigate some reports of missing kids. I met up with the Harbormaster who had a strange tale to tell. After listening for about a minute, I realized that I was gonna hafta go down into the sewers again, and I really don't like it down there.

While listening to this guy talk and talk and talk, my friend Ky was walking by, so I grabbed her and asked her if she'd go with me. She asked me if any Warforged we going and I told her no, I don't even know any Warforged, and she said yes.

She brought a friend named Prospera, who is kooky for diamonds, and a mercenary named Ery, that my Da knows.

We set out, or down, not sure really, but went into the sewers anyway. After fighting our way through the sewers, cause there's lots of 'bolds living down there, we met up with Guard Tember, who gave us the scoop.

I had know idea the sewers went down that far, but let me tell you, them damn 'bolds have a fortress down there and they keep wolves for pets, have traps everywhere and and it's not in the least bit friendly. Glad I had friends with me.

So, we followed some clues, avoided some traps and eventually found out what was going on. Shame that guy was dead when we found him, but at least there are a damn lot of dead kobolds and better yet, dead Ogres.

Guard Tember and the Habormaster rewarded us for our work, but we still have some investigating to do I think. I need to ask my Da about this Seal of Shan-to-Khor thing. I think there is more goin' on than anyone knows.

((Team 2 did well, but we only ran on Hard. I wasn't feeling comfortable running Elite with a pocket cleric, especially after Prospera and I realized that we bought the same hireling. No deaths, not ever a close call and it went very smooth. Tons of good RP through the whole event and the pace was perfect. Kudos to my teammates for this very enjoyable night))

Scoti

^^^^ Good stuff Scoti we missed you and congrats on your success.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuralanya View Post
    One thing we could think about, which is something I know some roleplayers do, is that your character doesn't die until you decide they die. Some people choose to consider that rather than dying, their character has been knocked unconscious or seriously wounded, and needs to be taken to a safe place to rest and recover.

It's really down to the individual to decide how they want to treat death for their character, and if there's a cleric in the group who can raise then that may be how they want to play it. I haven't had to decide this for Deisyr yet, so I'm not quite sure how I'm going to choose to deal with it.

I think this is a very good idea, for the most part. Although still not happy about the two near wipes we had. Both utter party wipes came so close and hung on nothing but a very fine balance and more than a little luck.

The first wipe was a bit foreseeable in meta game fashion; in the dungeon on elite for whatever reason the party had explored every possible way except the way to the shrine and had back tracked only fully clearing one of three paths that had a pitched fight with a very strong named ogre at the end of it. Every resource spent from healing potion to Mnemic potion to even potions of shield of faith and still two strong encounters to go with every one at less than 50% health, it was a valiant effort but a full wipe was the result a half encounter from the shrine. The suggestion of all recalling out and running back for a save by one of the members really did not sit well with me; although when not role-playing this is 100% acceptable and the stuff that does happen and I am fine with it. A Korthus Island Siberies cake and prayer to the Undying Court later in conjunction with a well timed use of an expeditious retreat clikie and a mad dash for bodies and a shrine and we recovered.

The second wipe was very avoidable and fully unnecessary and came at a time where that type of stuff happens; at the end of the quest when you know you are wrapping up and get a little careless, or let your guard down a little too much.

Let me first start off with some words of encouragement Dallog or 'Dhal' as my character likes to call him has become one my favorite companions over the past two sessions and I think you do a dang fine job of role-playing him. Last night your mic was a bit scratchy but your voice chat was great and really brought the character to life well done.

I guess I might be a bit overzealous about the 'must run elite' thing. That comes from my observation that a six person group can effortlessly run through just about any at level quest. We certainly have so far. I feel like our characters should be risking death when they do foolish or fool hardy things, but we never really discussed how we'd treat death in the group. If I were more concerned about Dallog dying, then there are some traps or encounters I would probably try to avoid.

Me too. And that's why, in my opinion, if the quests are too easy, then my character won't shine and his life will be a joke since he's never really in jeopardy of dying. But you are right, there should be some balance. And I think the group - the actual party attempting the quest - should have the final say in determining the difficulty of the quest.
    I can understand about needing some adversity to shine brighter but perhaps you will agree that the margin for success and failure was too tight using last night as an example. Korthus doesn’t compare and the quests are not designed nor scale the same way as other quests do. Also all monsters do not scale the same, casters and Slimes on elite scale much more difficult than kobold warriors. I am guessing with a full group of six heck probably even five level 4 character water works elite would have gone off with not a hitch but I think with four the line was too tight (especially part 3) and I think every one did a fantastic job with their character put their best effort forward and still ended in near disaster a couple of times. Part 1 was easy. Part 2 was a very good challenge (this is the top challenge we should try for IMO); part 2 extremely hazardous in a few situations but the group persevered. I think as a group we got lucky a few times too and I don't think we should need to count on luck for part of the equation. When you can die from 1-2 of any element of dungeon be it traps, spells or attacks from monsters personally I think that margin for error is too tight. Had the group been fully twinked out again it would be a different result, I have not seen poor player skills from any in this group yet. I see the difficulty issue getting worse especially in a few quests coming up in the marketplace (not STK) that are shear death traps on elite.

Also I am not sure how things would have been perceived if we had not wiped as a group, would have we called 4Man WW elite a cake walk? I know I would not have even if we did not have deaths the line between trivial and overbearing can be pretty fine and is perceived differently by different people.

I am not asking that DBF creates a hard and fast rule about difficulty settings. I think the party undertaking the quest should determine that. But it would be great of players challenge themselves whenever possible, that means setting up situations where we have think about conserving spell points, gear, who gets healed, being prepared for quests gear-wise (which can include role play), knowing when to retreat and regroup, etc.
    I agree it should be group decision and will try to be more ((out of character)) vocal about difficulty from now on.

One thing about WW2 really revealed was this when we where all out of resources and still a far way to go to get to shrine, we probably should have fallen back and retreated as a group. We where at a point when we could have quite easily recalled fallen back to the shrine in the east side of water works explore area regrouped and came back in fresh but for a few reasons we did not. I thought about the reasons a bit myself after the fact and a lot of it was xp conditioning and the stigma of re-entry plus we would have needed to meta game an instance hold and re-group to avoid the computer repopulating every thing we had explored ether that or throw away 20 minutes and face the challenges again possible skipping the ogre but still needing to deal with the elite slimes.

Lastly the cpu DM shows no mercy; in PnP the DM might let up a bit if it knows the players have tried hard and give them a bit of a break. In DDO the DM will do its best to kill you whether you are at a 100% health or 1% health. If you are struggling or mopping up the dungeon the difficulty does not change.

Quote Originally Posted by Varhann View Post
    So, my Da asked me (more like told me) to go to the harbor to investigate some reports of missing kids. I met up with the Harbormaster who had a strange tale to tell. After listening for about a minute, I realized that I was gonna hafta go down into the sewers again, and I really don't like it down there.

While listening to this guy talk and talk and talk, my friend Ky was walking by, so I grabbed her and asked her if she'd go with me. She asked me if any Warforged we going and I told her no, I don't even know any Warforged, and she said yes.

She brought a friend named Prospera, who is kooky for diamonds, and a mercenary named Ery, that my Da knows.

We set out, or down, not sure really, but went into the sewers anyway. After fighting our way through the sewers, cause there's lots of 'bolds living down there, we met up with Guard Tember, who gave us the scoop.

I had know idea the sewers went down that far, but let me tell you, them damn 'bolds have a fortress down there and they keep wolves for pets, have traps everywhere and and it's not in the least bit friendly. Glad I had friends with me.

So, we followed some clues, avoided some traps and eventually found out what was going on. Shame that guy was dead when we found him, but at least there are a damn lot of dead kobolds and better yet, dead Ogres.

Guard Tember and the Habormaster rewarded us for our work, but we still have some investigating to do I think. I need to ask my Da about this Seal of Shan-to-Khor thing. I think there is more goin' on than anyone knows.

((Team 2 did well, but we only ran on Hard. I wasn't feeling comfortable running Elite with a pocket cleric, especially after Prospera and I realized that we bought the same hireling. No deaths, not ever a close call and it went very smooth. Tons of good RP through the whole event and the pace was perfect. Kudos to my teammates for this very enjoyable night))

Scoti
    It was a great bunch that we had with us. The best part? No Warforged!!! I can't prove it yet, but I'm sure the warforged had a hand in the disappearance of the children in the waterworkds.

I was truely amazed at the fighting prowess of my friend Scoti. He's a prime example that you can't judge someone by his size. He was swinging that axe slicing and dicing those kobolds like a "hot knife through butter" (as he put it). Prospera totally amazed me with what she can do with the magical music talents that she has. The music that she plays completely inspires us to a whole new level. She can even mesmerize those stinkin' kobolds making for a nice an easy dust off with out blades. A remarkable talent she has.

The fact that we had no warforged with us also contributed to our success!

((That was a super run. The roleplaying was great as well as the pace. There were intentional walking into traps - due to no rogue - and that helped to build the roleplaying atmosphere. Thanks guys for making yesterday an enjoyable experience!))

- Kylaeria

Default The Chronicles of Fallan the Faithful

Biography
    His name is pronounced ‘Fell-Lane’ and he will answer to Fell or Lane or Fallane with joyful exuberance. He appears to be a handsome young lad, by human years he looks to be in his mid to late teens his soul patch on his chin does little to change that impression. His hair is clean cut and maintained as per a member of the clergy of his station. Fallane is innately happy, always grinning with an everpresent smile. This trait can grow tiring or be misread in times of peril or sorrow. Since arriving to the city of Stormreach when not with his companions saving the world with a smile and carefree attitude, he can be found mingling with the many fine people around the auction house in the harbour or helping out at the orphanage.

OOC Trait Randomly Rolled : 7. Blanche Devereaux - You're not a bad person, you're just twitterpated all the time.

Known Companions (Updated as we go)
    Kylaeria
    A fair elven maid whome fights with a fury of steel that matches her looks. Quiet and calculating she knows how to handle her self in the fury of battle. Her one flaw is she seems to have a disdain for the forged race; Undying Court forbid should we ever encounter them with her around. She might be a good candidate for the ranks of the Undying; I think even my old mentor would have agreed with me on this one.

Cabiria ‘When in Korthus…’
    From my vantage point she is a half-elven prima donna assoluta not some snobbish diva. She seem friendly and genuinely concerned about her fellow companions, I have only traveled with her once since the crash and hope to soon do so again. She has a concern for her missing clothes. Also like me she seemes to dislike the cold and snow.

Feyjhan ‘You will not catch me touching that filthy thing!’
    A deva princess warrior drow she combines magic and blades for a devastating effect. Her presence of superiority and her icy glares are far more dangerous than her blade.

Scoti ’Lets take em out, like a hot knife through butter.’
    He don’t fight ‘half-bad’ for a small package of hate and fury that gives no quarter and enters the fray of battle with reckless abandonment. He dishes out more than he takes but he still takes quite a bit he must think armor will slow him down more than soften the blows.

Valtrun ‘We must find my sister, she is likley in trouble.’
    She looks a little like Feyjhan must be because they are sisters. She could afford to shed a few pounds for a drow but she has a great personality much nicer than her sister. I think she has come down with a bit of ‘Coyle-itis*’

Dallog ‘This is a nice view. (Said while looking up a ladder a few rungs under Debbin)’
    He has always been known as ‘Dhal’ too me. He has a big swagger for such a little halfling and his effort is always much larger than his shoe size. He seems to have many different talents with a certain knack for handling stuck locks and disabling dangerous devices. Dhal’s ‘short comings’ seem to be an irrational fear of fire be it a minor spark from a toy wand to a nice warm blazing camp fire.

Debbin ‘Why would I do a thing like that and ruin centuries of hard work? (said after he was asked why he doesn’t just eat one of the slimes and give his belly a good thourough cleaning)’
    Self proclaimed handsome I suspect the poor guy has never seen a mirror. What he lacks in look he more than makes up for in other areas he really is a dwarven fighter that is the whole package. He uses a shield and ax constantly hollering dwarven curses around the battlefield cowing the opponents and when they are not afraid of his booming bellow…well his smell gets them every time.

Synic
    Our time together was brief but pleasant enough. He caught a sickness from some of the restless dead that Drexleby was responsible for.

Godseye ‘I was created to help others.’
    A young warforged construct recently crafted whome weilds a large sword. His intetnions seem just althoguht I think he left the machine shop a little too early and has trouble with oil leaks.

Dydic‘I try.’ (Said as he nearly blewup Dhal fire a fireball)
    The hard of hearing drow. He claims to be the addopted son of Synic and is trained in the ways of magic. He shows much promise for one so young, hopefuly the powe does not go to his head.

*Seriously Thoom you sound exactly like the voice DM the does Coyle from the Threnal quests. When I role-play using voice I would not attempt to do it full time cross gender, not saying you shouldn’t if you want to.

Session 1 – The Shipwreck
    Cold and drenched the companions gathered on the small isle of Korthus. For me at least the shipwreck offered the chance for a new fresh start a chance to spread the word of the court as I envisioned my ancestors wished. It is very unfortunate that my mentor and detention supervisor Kndris perished in the wreck, I guess he was not meant to be an Undying after all, on the bright side my beliefs in our faith must not be that far off base if he perished and I survived. Many of the survivors gathered at the local establishment trying to keep warm and decide what our fate might be destined for.

We broke of into groups and set off to explore the town that was just as confounded with this unnatural weather as where we. We took a few shifts guarding the only source of heat in the village a mystical crystal that mad cultists of the devourer where intent on destroying. Our wits where tested by strange mosaic puzzles as we where forced to recover mystical scrolls. We battled more of the devourer cult in the tombs of Korthous where the minions of evil where raising the dead to serve their cult. We had a run in with a misunderstood calibrator of the cult Jereby Drexlehand, the poor fool was ascapegoat for much evil and it seemed like he got mixed up in the cult, I wanted to parley with him but it seemed that he was in too deep with the cult and it appears like he met his demise.

Finally we set off to explore the island first meeting up with an old powerful recluse named Heyton who had locked himself away in some type of strange lab, he seemed reluctant to help. We left him and infiltrated a lair of Shaugin where I near froze solid getting sprayed by a burst of freezing cold near the lair of some fell ice spider. I needed to be hauled back to the tavern where after some time and a few hot dirty kobolds I recovered and began to thaw.

OOC: Good first start, definitely role-play lite once we got started. Elite cold traps can kill a level 2 adventurer. The one WF that joined must have been a random pickup don’t know if we will ever see him again or even if he knows what the guild is about…’Kawabunga!!!’

Session 2 – Save Korthos
    The town seemed excited about the prospect of help from the recluse Heyton, in-fact they showered us with many gifts mostly old relics with limited but powerful innate magical properties, had they used these gifts themselves they may not have needed our help. In addition to going to try to convince Heyton the mayors daughter along with many other townsfolk where missing. A short fellow named Whilm was particularly concerned about his mistress.

We found the mayors daughter and freed her along with numerous town folks from the smelly Saughin cultists. We picked up a few pet rats along the way and returned to Heytons lab only to be turned away yet again.

Whilm’s mistress was also kidnapped but in an old tomb and it was the new home to recently deceased or not so much deceased Jereby Drexlehand I admired his efforts and it saddened my in some small way to realize how close this man was to the origins of my very religion. His intent was not as pure as that of the Undying Court nor where his method as refined and ultimately he had turned himself into a half-dead abomination that had to be put down.

We returned to Heytons lab yet again and pretty much drug him out forcing him to help his fellow kin with their curse of eternal winter. He led us up the mountain to the lair of a powerful white dragon that was responsible for the weather as well as for destroying our airship and knocking us off course.

The icey dragons lair was immense and filled with many cultists, too many poor Korthians that had been swayed by this false religion. We persevered and after defeating some restless dead, a horde of cultists and a minor demon discovered the source of the dragons evil it was under the control of an evil mind flayer. Scoti a small part of our band of heroes smashed this strange mind crystal and weakened the control of the Mindflayer on the dragon. It was more than enough for the Dragon to regain control and unleash an icy breath freezing the Mindflayer to death. The dragon regained her senesces and with a somewhat muddled mind thankfully decided to leave the Korthus area for good.

The weather quickly warmed up and the town threw us a huge celebration rewarding us with more treasures and booking us free passage on to the grand city of Stormreach.

As we sailed into Stormreach the old fashioned way, via an archaic wind powered sailing vessel of all things we had time to see the full size and splendor of the city built on the ancient ruins the giants had crafted ages ago. The Harbor area alone was massive and the need for heroes was great before turning in for the day we did a mission for the church and roughed up a local gambling ring. We recovered some preciosus stolen cargo, there seems to be a definite problem with criminals in this city and we helped some drunk and looked for some kingly slime, frankly I hope we never see another slime again one of the larger ones nearly ate our good little friend Dhal we had to cut him from the gullet of the slime and we never did even come across this big slime we had went in search for despite checking every nook and cranny of the smelly sewer.

OOC: Some fun RP-lite and some good companions. Elite slimes ‘suck’ and bite hard! Perhaps a ‘little’ too much Halflings

Session 3 – The Sewers
    Apparently Korthous is not the only place good at housing missing citizens. After our last slime ridden sewer adventure I was semi reluctant to go into yet another sewer but I would never turn down someone in need of help and this time is was one of the local guards brothers in addition to our very own companion Feyjhan whom had gone missing in the sewers of the Stormreach harbor, by my ansestors this place has seperete sewers for each districts. To make matters worse this particular sewer was renowned to the locals as the ridden home of numerous kobolds; the place had made a name for itself a local legend if you will ‘The waterworks’. I really doubtred that we would find Feyjhan in a place like this let alone that she had truly ventured in seeing as how she hates slime, sludge and dirt even more than myself however the guard really needed our aid to find our sister and our new companion, the plump drow Vultran was Feyjhan sister and insisted we would find her in this terrible hole.

Our expedition wasn’t going too bad other than the smell but I am still not sure if it was the sewer or Debbin’s last meal, turned gaseous, coming out his back side. We uncovered a nest of the kobold deep in the sewer and convinced their leader to tell us where they where keeping the prisoners. As it turned out the prisoners where not the missing people we where after but we freed them all anyhow. As a bonus I feel these genuine acts of good have a way of pleasing the Elders of the Court, even if the good dead is done for humans. It was not all for naught as we did learn the location of another nest of kobold that where keeping prisoners too.

After much more exploration we found the second lair deep in the maze of the vast Waterworks tunnel system. We descended deep into the kobolds lair the slime and stench overbearing. The first batch of slimes we encountered where rough and hungry and made a meal out of us something fierce. I am convinced the kobolds had been using these critters as garbage disposal units but had let them grow too big or where forgetting to feed them in a timely fashion. I suggested that Debbin eat one and give his innards a good cleaning to which he promptly responded with something akin to ‘And what ruin decades of hard eating? Not gonna happen lad.’.

After securing the intial base we where confronted with some type of puzzle lock, these seem popular in this region of the world, any how we had three ways to go and for the sake of it being closes choose I think the north passage up a ladder. Down this passage we had the core of our group tested it took everything we had to defeat the refuge cursing shamans, the small host of kobolds and the blood big ogre.

Remarkable no one died during the pitched fight with the ogre but to man, elf, Halfling or dwarf, we where all spent, bloodied and exhausted on the verge of collapsing, not another spell could be summoned or another prayer whispered. Had we been wiser or more prudent we would have retreated back up the sewer to regroup, rest and return fresher but that is not what we did. Being the brave or foolish heroes that we where or are we pushed on not recklessly but quite cautiously and where doing good luring the kobolds too their death a few at a time.

We wandered out into a large room that we thought was clear when suddenly the kobolds ambushed us, I think I took the brunt as a bolt of lightning struck me in the back, it had been shot high from a plankway above us immediately followed up by a second kobold shaman blasting me with a ray of ice I was froze solid and then all went black.

My life flashed before my eyes I saw my mother Melsrayn with her fair golden hair and pale dauinging hallowed face, bless her heart. Next I saw my old mentor Kndris whom had perished in the ship wreck, chiding me on my joyful flaunting of our sacred religion. I visited my old home Shae Mordai, the fabled 'City of the Dead' on the continent of Aerenal. Lastly I encounter my ancestor Tez-Aereniaera the head of the line of my family, my existence. The spirit showed me salvation and shoved me back into my mortal frame telling me to go forth and to continue to preach the undying way to those outside of Aerenal. This event was the spiritual activity of a life time and all the other tasks to date in my life are pale in comparison. For me to have been given this great gift so young and having tainted blood and all I am still in pleasent disblief. I completed the task as the ancestor had show me, my faith in the Undying Court now stronger than ever, and my companions where revived from certain death.

We did go on to defeat the kobold scourge in this part of the water works and we did rescue more prisoners hidden deep within the sewer though the end of this days adventure was bitter sweet. The guard’s brother we found dead and as I suspected all along we found no sign of Feyjhan. On the sweet side we were rewarded for our efforts and discovered a curious inscription that will no doubt lead us on to more adventure. Of course the greatest reward of all had been meeting Tez-Aereniaera the ancestor of my line and having him pat me on the back return me to life and allow me to save my friends.

OOC: More rp-lite and decided to just go with it. Far too much potty humor (I helped contribute too) but I guess that’s what we get for spending all this time in the sewers. I missed Feyjhan's icy personality (and backup healing ) as she had been a constant through all of Fallanes trials to date. Debbin fit in great and did a good job a strong player and RP was good, I was busting a gut with your counter remark about Dhal commenting about the view of Debbin behind as the two of you where climbing the ladder. Overall the game was a very entertainingly fun and humorous session. Difficulty was over the top but looking forward as our journey continues next week.

Session 4 – The Seal of Shan-to-kor

We convened early in the morning at the Rusty Nail finishing up our bowls of oatmeal and washing them down with some warmed dark ale. Four of us where set to head out the two Halfling counting as one; Scoti the wild little warrior that fights like a badger and my ever faithful scout and companion Dhal. Her highness Feyjhan saw fit to have us her subjects accompany her, her disappearance was not a disappearance at all and as suspected had her involved in some exotic shopping spree. I was dressed for the occasion in my chain battle kilt brandishing the scepter of power in one hand and the wand of eternal sparks in the other. Kylaeria rounded out our group of four with her two righteous scimitars sheathed on her belt and a set of dark armor that brought out the light in her eyes. Sadly lacking was the stout dwarf Debbin, perhaps we where setting off too early in the morning for him and he was likley still sleeping off a few too many Ghadrial Distillas.

At Feyjhan's lead we went down the winding seedy ally and met up with a shady looking gal named Dael who was apparently a wayfinder. She had my commitment at “I need help” but continued on about a great plot of evil and the giant clans regrouping if the hobgoblins sold them the location of an old symbol of power a disc like relic called the Seal of Shan to Kor. She said that she had tried and failed to retrieve the relic but would reward us if we could recover it for her. We were off as she directed us to the nearby sewer.

More sewers ether I am beginning to get used to them or Debbin truly does stink worse than the fowl places we travel. At least these sewers were much warmer than any we had been in yet a little too moist and steamy but better to be wet and warm then cold and wet. We explored around a bit entering a tunnel filled with stick wet webs obviously the wrong way but Dhal insisted on scouting forth only to find a small lair of spiders, some times I swear he likes to seek out a ‘little’ bit of trouble. After the spiders where defeated we backtracked all the way back through the sewer we passed a large banner on a lower level that Kylaeria and I noticed, the two of us thought we should checked it out. Our request fell on deaf ears and we proceeded to wander aimlessly about the sewer. Our journey led us to some minor kobold pests and a few slimes and a strange kobold that wanted to help us defeat the hobgoblins. He told us if we infiltrated a nearby goblin keep that we would find a terrible helmet that when worn would make ‘Hobgoblins brains to slide out of their heads!’. I was a bit dubious, I had never heard of magic that caused that effect, but the leaders of our group jumped at this opportunity.

Not too long after we found ourselves deep underground at the goblin castle. It was underground and off the sewer and looked as if it had never been part of the Stormreach sewer, the change in scenery even if dark and musky was a nice change from the warm moist sewer. We battled our way through scores of goblins, a few wolves, a couple of ogres and a large minotaur. It was during the encounter with the ogres that I first noticed Scoti adverse reaction to the beasts; his eyes went red, his skin bulged up with lumps, his hair stood up straight and he yelled out a wheezy battle cry and attacked the beast with such a horrid frenzy making short work of the two unsuspecting ogres. Shortly after the battle with the ogres we encountered our only bit of true adversity as Scoti ran off ahead and one of the goblin casters paralyzed him with a spell well the goblin warriors gleefully hacked him down. With some tending to his wounds and a bit or rest he did recover. The other goblins we encountered battled us as hard as they could manage defending their home but we rolled through them with out a whole lot of difficulty catching them off guard and sending dozens to the afterlife in a brutal swath of destruction. The helmet was soon ours and as soon as my companions seen it we had a little chuckle for we knew then we had been had. The little kobold rewarded us for our efforts, or more likely as a bribe to not kill him too and we backtracked to the banner and the destination the section of sewer that was infested by kobolds that led into the depths of the earth and further into the city of the hobgoblins.

Dael had been in this section of the sewer before and left us various markings; I thought they could have been a lot clearer the fist one wasn’t too bad an arrow point down, the only way to go was down. The next sign was a little ambiguous it could have been lizard or dragon ahead but as for the warning why bother it was kobolds ahead, with our training kobolds where no longer a threat in the least the worse they could do was have one of their shamans disgrace you by dropping a steaming pile of refuge on your head. We easily dispatched of the kobolds and broke through their blockade with little effort. After a few minutes rest to catch our breath, we pressed on deeper into the sewerage system and found the next marking which I found to be quite strange. To me it looked like some one counting to five, Dhal claimed to know a bit of wayfinder scrawl and assured me the marking clearly meant ‘not four’. So four pillars amongst a puzzle we deducted meant do the puzzle without touching the four pillars. It was strange but these puzzles often where; if Dael had made it this far shouldn’t the puzzle already have been done or did it magically reset or was their a reset button hidden somewhere else in the dungeon that we never stumbled upon. Anyhow we finished the puzzle avoiding the four pillars and it opened a huge grate with a long drop leading deeper into the sewer. I think it was about here that Daels markings came to an end odd that she knew not to touch the four pillars but was stumped by the mosaic puzzle, I thought wayfinders loved puzzles.

This next level of the sewer was a little interesting we came upon many undead that where easily laid back to rest and an insane necromancer that refused to listen to reason and tried to kill us on sight. We dispatched him along with his kobold gaurds and then descended deeper into the sewer at this point I would say we where already a good half a mile deep. We battled our way past a few trogs after our easy victory I curled up in there damp smelly nest for a nice long nap. I think I was the only one that rested beign underground must have been playing with our sense of time but I am sure above ground it would have been night. Despite the smell, that kind of reminded me of Dallog, sleep quickly took me. I had the oddest dream about giant Halflings that where kind of like ogres…strange but dreams often are. I am unsure how long I slept for before my companions awoke me telling me the door was open and traps where down, good thing I did not try the door else I would have likely set off the trap.

We proceeded on to the edge of the sewer where it joined into a natural cavern, those crafty Stormreach engineers dumping the wastes into a cave; anyhow the sewage had created some remarkable growing conditions for mushrooms. These where the largest mushrooms I had ever seen I had no idea mushrooms could grow this big, some where over twenty feet high with a top radius at least that much or even more. They where soft bouncy and spongy, I was tempted to taste one but then caught a wif of the foul stench in the air around and remembered where we were and the environmental conditions that allowed them to grow such. We used the large mushrooms to descend deeper. A few spiders laired amongst the mushrooms and tried to add some protein to there diet but we would have none of that, we dealt with the threat and moved deeper down the cave system. After our last drop we encountered a burst of fresh air hailing from a massive cave with great water falls causing and oxygenated rush that made my endorphins sing. Across the path on the cave was an old bridge with solid craftsmanship that was not built by the residents of Stormreach. In the middle of the bridge stood a large burley battle hardened hobgoblin with a few of his lackeys. He muttered something about the City of Shag and we no pass but as soon as blades were drawn and truly I do not recall who drew first the brute’s fate was sealed. I am quite sure that either Scoti or Kylaeria could have faired well against him one on one but it was five…err well three and two halfs against him he never stood a chance. After the battle Dhal caught the glint of treasure some where over the side of the bridge deep down in the cave, all but me went in search of it while I cleaned up and admired the bridges construction. On the far side of the bridge we found some loose treasure at the gate house to the great hobgoblin city. We looted the gate house and bashed down the door to the city entering with great confidence.

The city was a massive sprawling maze we battled our way past over a hundred goblin gaurds, a couple of ogres and two massive elementals of stone before arriving at the goblin throne room. Along the ways I noticed two things about Scoti fist I suspect he is allergic to Ogres this is possible the part of the reason for hating them. He claims he can smell them but my observation of it is like this he sniffles when they are around, then gets blurry red eyes, his hair bristles and he puffs up like a blow fish before wheezing off a battle cry and launching himself at their knees with reckless abandonment. Thankfully he is not allergic to humans and elves too. The other thing I noticed is he has a curious sensitive spiritual ritual after fighting the elementals, he prays for their spirits and with the stone elementals he used their battered rocks to make a little stone cairn. I don’t understand it but for me and my faith I guess it is simple every creature be it goblin, ogre, troll, elf, undead, human or elemental has a spirit and is a living entity. Pulling my thoughts back, the encounter with the throne guards was a tough fight they knew we where coming and used the terrain and their powers for full effect it was a pitched fight we gave them all we had and like wise they gave us all they had back in the end we where victorious but not with out some blood loss on our side, they used their magic too hold Dhal and carve him up despite my best prayers of healing attempt they chopped him down. I was worried we may have lost him, but Dhal is full of spirit the little halfing battled for his life and miraculously pulled through. With a bit of rest and he was eager for revenge. With the worst of the throne guards dealt with and our group rested the encounter with the hobgoblin king Shagg was over quickly and the location of the Seal of Shan to Kor was in our possession. It had ended in bloodshed Shagg’s thankfully, but how else do these things end? Can nothing be reasoned with by any other means than sword thrust in this land? If I was the hobgoblin king how would have I acted? We raided his city, killed his soldiers and threatened his life all for the location of some relic. If the goblins have invaded Stormreach their would be epic up cry about the evil goblins raiding the helpless people of Stormreach killing their kin and looting their homes, yet that is nearly exactly what we did to them. Perhaps I am philosophizing too much but at least I am thankful to the Court that none of my companions met there demise, I must remain faithful that this is all for the greater good.

We followed the notes for the seal deeper into an ancient fortress that the hobgoblins infested. The place was dry and warm and the architect was in amazing condition for how aged it was. The traps in this old temple where numerous and deadly but Dahl was up to the task and made this treasure hunt easier than it might have been otherwise. We entered an old section in this vault where the goblins had not yet been and ventured deeper I swear we were more than half way to the abyss with how deep we where. We dropped down a chute and landed on a pile of bones of those who had come before. We where in a great ancient chamber and upon a raised stone dais sat the legendary seal of Shan to Kor our end was within sight. I over eagerly approached and an ancient gate clattered to life unleashing a monstrous guardian of earth to protect the seal. This guardian must have been scary in its prime but with age had weakened. The beast let out a bellow that awakened the stones around to aid as my companions knocked huge chunks of earth from the guardian. The beast only delayed its defeat slightly and at the end of the day we where victorious the guardian slain at the sad lament of Scoti. We took the seal into our possession it was nothing more than a plain disc no discernable magic was emitted from, it was just a plain disc with some ancient inscriptions ebbed in it.

The journey home took some time but passed by relatively uneventfully or than a few freed kobolds that the goblins had kept as slaves, picked a fight with us. It was a mistake that they will never get a chance to repeat. During the long trek up out of the vault through the caves and then up through the sewers we had time to reflect on the trial we had overcome and how our skill had grown in the short time since the Shipwreck. I think Dael was surprised to see us and even more surprised to see us with the seal. She happily rewarded our effort with treasures we had never seen the like in exchange for the seal. I took some of my share and gave it to the small missionary of the Undying Court located in House Phalarlin. Lastly I wandered back to the harbor and took another share and invested it in a down payment towards an airship for me and my companions. If we where to continue helping people in this old City and they would continue to reward us we would need better transportation so we in turn could move faster and help more souls in need.

OOC: Hard Difficulty most of the night was pretty good. Even then we still had a few character deathw I think we could have done STK 1 on elite but no big deal. RP felt even more RP-lite and immersion kept getting interrupted via constantly switching voice and typing and being concerned about what Scoti might be missing when we where on voice, hopefully Scoti can track down some cheap head-phones, you can even plug in ear-buds from a ipod as make shift phones in a pinch. Also Dhal's mic went from scratchy last week to no recognizable voice this week. STK series is long and drawn out, the environment and way things played out numbs the rp or feels counter-rp imo; switches, unrelated puzzles, massive dungeons, back tracking up and down. The last part picked up a bit and was the best by far. Looking forward to what we might do next week, be it Sharn, Catacombs or something else. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone enjoying it!

Session 5 – The Sharn Syndicate

I had arranged to meet up with my companions in the market place but was kept busy and with my duties at the small missionary in House Phalarlin. My duties compounded by the rain, and Phalarlin being a swamp at best of times, caused me to arrive late. There where a few Familiar faces, Dhal, Scoti and Kylaeria. Sadly a few faces where missing, I wonderer if I will ever see some of my old friends and comrades again. There where also many new faces, it appears like the words of our good deeds have spread and like minded individuals that where willing to help had joined us. It is a shame I did not get meet most of these new people nor get a proper introduction but understandable being that I was late and a large syndicate of organized criminals was covertly terrorizing the market place. Being how large the syndicate was and how large the Fated companionship had grown we decided to split into two groups to deal with these criminals.

Assigned in the group with me, was my small friend Dhal, a fair-haired elf maid and a large warforged with an even larger sword. Our small group had a little time for some brief introductions, the maiden’s name I do not recall, we simply called her Merc, she had been hired and paid well by Feyjahn to come aid us. On the outside Merc’s personality was nothing like her looks, she was crude, down to business and icy cool, perfect traits for a hired killer but perhaps not so much for a companion that you needed to trust to watch you back. During our travels I was determined to try my best to crack her outer shell. I still do not understand Feyjhan nor doubt I ever fully shall but I guess she thought she was doing the right thing hiring an assassin to come help out while she lavished around a guest of honor in some Coin Lord manor. The warforged was a little on the quite side but he was a newly forged model and had been crafted to aid those in need, I suspect he was very young. His given name was Godseye and I think he may have left the machinery where he was created a little before he was even finished he had a nasty habit of leaking oil.

The Coin Lord Yorrick Amanatsu said that we needed to hurry to “The Dragontail Saloon”, a local close by establishment that was on the Sharn Syndicates hit list. We made haste and soon met up with the drunken owner Maxwell. In his drunken state he must have thought we where with the Sharn and he nearly put an arrow through Dhal as we approached him. We calmed him and assured him that we had come to help and he told us a sad tale of how the Sharn where coming to take over or destroy his beloved “Dragontail” unless he paid up. We entered the tavern and the place was quite rundown and in poor repair, a lone patron sat of in a dark corner drowning their sorrows, it was obvious poor Maxwell really had nothing much too give the Sharn. Our group along with Maxwel and his brother Rance and a drunken patron determined to help took up position in the Saloon. We didn’t have to wait long and the Sharn where upon us. The sent scores against us and they where intent on seeing us dead. These men did not fight like the Shagiun, kobolds or goblins we had fought they where well trained and smart they targeted in on me most of the time it must have been my charm or seeing firsthand my non-imposing slim presence wielding the scepter of power, that or they where afraid of Godseye’s gargantuan blade and opted for an easier target. Truly it was one of the worst battles I had ever been involved with but I really think I suffered the brunt of the raid; much of my blood had been spilt. My companions faired much better the merc was a brutal killer she fought quite well mixing bow and blade, Godseye’s may have been built to help but his huge sword was very effective at helping end lives and Dhal seemed at home in the chaotic tavern brawl. In the end we drove the Sharn Syndicate off, a few got away but that was fine they would bother Maxwell and his brother no more. Maxwell was appreciative of our efforts, despite his place being smashed up in the fight, poured us all a round of drinks, toasted us and encouraged us to take a few spoils off of the fallen Sharn members. The drink felt good and numbed the injuries a bit, but knowing we had helped Maxwell save the rundown Dragontail felt much better.

We returned to the Coin Lord Yorrick, it was still raining and washed away much of the blood at least the air was fresh and clean. Yorik almost immediately he had another task for us the Guards of Stormreach needed our help, he directed us to Guard Kayd. The details seemed shaded but he suspected The Shiny Shilling of illegal activities but did could not involve the guards directly, he told us we would be rewarded by not only him but also the coin lords if we could go investigate the Shilling as an independent neutral party. This mission smelled of foul politics and corrupted bureaucrats, but a little investigation couldn’t hurt especially if the Shilling was harboring illegal activities. It didn’t take long to discover the Shilling was indeed a criminal front and the guards within attacked us as soon as we called their bluff. We dispatched some thieves and infiltrated the criminal den; Dhal seemed at home here and disabled a nasty spike trap, unfortunately for him he disabled it after removing his foot that was impaled on one of the long spikes. During our journey in the Shiling Merc started to warm a bit to me and my comrades. She even gave me a small trinket of appreciation with some feigned gruff response ‘If we live I lives’, ha I think this elven maid may be taking a liking to me. It was in the shilling that I also noticed how bad Godseye was prone to leaking oil. Unfortunately my divine magic does little to help mend machines but remembering my studies with the kind necromancers back home on Aerenal and the classes I had on constructs I could likely apply some theory to attempt to repair him, I would just need to get my hands on some tools. We cleaned the Sharn den and took a few coins for the church and to give back to the victims of those affected by these thugs. Upon returning to Kayd he seemed surprised to see us. The merc brought up his earlier promised reward then he laughed at us and told us the reward was doing the job and that would be enough; he would mentions to his superiors we had been helpful and we should count ourselves luck he was even going to do that. Merc was steaming mad and I thought she might cut the guard down there in the street, but I gave a little tug on her shoulder and mentioned that it was Feyjhan she should discuss her payment with not this guard, the situation diffused we returned to Yorrick, at least the rain had stopped.

The Coin Lord next directed us to Burgundy Tir, who needed a small escort service from us. We where supposed to protect his agent a warforged named Ziricon, who was supposed to safely “retrieve” an item that the Sharn Syndicate would come looking for “afterhours” from the Lordsmarch Bank. I may be wise in the ways of religion but I sure was gullible in the intricate innuendo of criminals. On the way to the bank Dhal told me that “retrieve” and “afterhours” where code for “steal” and “break in”, I laughed at him told him he was joking and it was not funny and that he was wrong…Turns out Dhal wasn’t wrong he was dead on the mark the little guy is always surprising me with his knowledge of how things work in reality from traps to street lore, I am not sure how or where he learned it all but it sure does come in handy at times, I just need to learn to stop judging him ‘short’ and take him more than “halfway” serious. Anyhow as things turned out the alarm went off and mechanical dogs where unleashed Ziricon, who was actually an agent of Sharn, stole the relic and tried to leave us on the hook. Miraculously we escaped by disabling the alarm, eluding the lazy guards that stopped looking for us the second the alarm went down and the miracle coming in the form of not stealing anything else from the VIP vault. My companions had a chance to loot some loose items spilled in the chaos from the main bank area but I did not wait around to see if they took that opportunity the loose items where not mine after all even if I was now accused of robbing the bank. Burgundy was smug when we arrived and his reaction where strange he seemed surprise to see us alive but not surprised to hear that Ziricon had betrayed us, he drummed up some lame old tarnished cup as an end reward I really think he had planed on us not returning at all.

Steaming with anger we returned to Yorrick whom had another job waiting for us, already in a fowl mood an aberration from my normally upbeat demeanor his next request struck a nerve with me. The Sharn Syndicate had kidnapped an innocent family and was holding them ransom in there home. We met with Olistair Binder the only member of the family that had not been taken he begged us to aid him, of course our heroic group eagerly agreed for the poor fellow did not have enough to pay the outrageous ransom and he said even if he did he would rather reward those that would help end this crime wave than continue to fund the Sharn. We entered the house and tried to negotiate for the hostage family members the Shan agent in charge of this operation seemed to know a bit about us but his demands where beyond our groups means. Damn Feyhjan I want to blame her for what happened, had she been here she likely could have paid off these thugs. Damn me, it was not Feyhjans fault it was our fault for what transpired and even thought she could have paid the ransom, the Inferno would have frozen over before she would have. The negations broke down and the kidnaper’s fate was to be judged in the afterlife as my companions hacked them down. The traps where deadly but Dhal was more than up for the challenge. Our resource where stressed and I was exhausted I tried drinking an unlabeled potion that I had in pack from some time ago, it was nearly fatal as I began to petrify however a quick prayer to the Undying Court saved my life. Low on resources we pressed on and managed to get most of the family out safely and then came to the final room where the last girl, Althea Binder was being held. We tried to take the last group by surprise as we had the others but it did not go as planned and the girl Althea had spirit she was determined to give the kidnappers some retribution for holding her and her family hostage. It did not end well…we where spent exhausted and the last group was fresh and ready and had some powerful casters and viscous hardened criminals. We softly opened the door to see one of the Sharn gut the poor girl while we stood around stunned at what had transpired. I panicked as she was stabbed then her killer took the knife and cut her throat right before our eyes to be sure. My faith faltered for a moment and I ran screaming from the Binder home terrified for ever haunted by our failure. I did not stop running until I reached the Phoenix tavern bewildered and lost I ordered a stiff drink to try and gain my senses, not normally a drinker the strong Dirty Kobold did its job only to be followed up by another then another. Things started to go hazy I must have more of an eleven constitution at least when it comes to drinking. I vaguely remember parts of night after that point, I had more to drink, much more ick, I can still taste that after bite of Dirty Kobold just thinking about it. I remember cursing the Undying court, that not good for a priest to do, I hope my ancestors forgive my transgressions. I remember jumping up and down on the bar. I remember dancing with an elf girl she kind of looked like Merc, but she was prettier and much more pleasant. I remember being hauled out of the tavern by someone I knew, I don’t remember who it was but apparently because of our hasty retreat the living members of the binder family had been recaptured and where sentenced to be executed. I started dressed in my battle armor and drew my ceremonial blades intent on a drunken vindication of the Sharn. I don’t remember anything after that point except standing back out side the binders home all of them safe except for Althea. I was dressed in my full battle armor with my dual ceremonial scimitar’s covered in blood to the hilt and my golden holy mask of the dead splattered with blood and reeking of puke. Olistair Binder was mostly melancholy but still content that most of his family was safe and that the Sharn bastards had been dealt with. He offered us a reward, I looked at my bloody blade in disgust and earned some renown for myself and companions by saying “My reward was killing the Sharn.” as I walked back to the Coin Lord trying in vain to clean the blood, gore and puke from my gear. We marched through the market and I could not help to think on the events this Syndicate was maddening and evil to the core a true scourge against Stormreach, at least when we battled the goblins they came at us with steel in hand not hiding their intentions not killing their hostage brutality in front of us. This quest was changing me, twisting me into someone I was not and I did not like it, I needed to find Fallane once more and do this on his terms.

Yorik informed us that in our absence he been approached by a dragon in a magical disguise and it was his item that Ziricon had stole from the bank if we valued our lives we had best meet with him. The threat was almost laughable at the time because my personal value on my own life was at an all time low but I still had my friends to think of as well as the glimmer of chance to hurt the Sharn some more and perhaps meet up with Ziricon. We met up with Kear of Argonessen, the dragon in elf form, he had located his stolen relic and before passing judgment on our involvement with its theft would allow us one chance to recover it to him and clear our names. Knowing that if we found the relic we would find Ziricon was a good enough reason for me to go. As we entered my companions offered me some gifts , I guess to try and cheer my mood. Dahl gave me a wand of paralyzation with a few charges left in it, his motive was likely to keep my hands busy with something other than my wand of eternal sparks but it was still a nice gesture. Surprisingly Merc gave me a few more gifts rare and valuable potions of magic, the greater gift was her nice words and smile; I really think she is beginning to like me. The lavish mansion of Ziricon was filled with traps, some of witch where even to much for Dahl but he managed to get us through or around relatively unscathed. There was also numerous agents of Sharn that we over came and Godseye gift was his skill with cutting a path through those treacherous criminals though his continuous leaking oil was still an issue I would need to try and fix. Not overly surprisingly we found some proof in the manor that we had been double crossed by the weasel Burgandy Tir. After the final trap was puzzled out in Ziricon’s private art gallery and a few Gargoyles minions where dealt with we found Ziriocn hidden away in some type of safe room. He was surprised to see us and laughed at us when we demanded the Stormreaver Fresco relic. Oh how I wish Kylaeria could have been there and led us when we chopped that dirty warforged apart into a junky mess of oil and gears. Much too the dragons delight we retrieved the relic and pounded the cobblestones through the market back to the Coin Lord.

Yorik had one final mission for us, we where to contact Madhand Mulvaney who had information on the leader of the Sharn Syndicate. Madhand informed us that we could infiltrate the Sharn head quarters during an attempt to unite all the lesser gangs in Stormreach. We gathered some healing supplies, costumes and a tool box full of tools to repair Godseye should the need arise. We entered the Tenements disguised as a local band of thugs; we called our selves “The Spiders’. We met ups with the quick foot gang and their head for the meeting Benny the Hand, he agreed to help us roust the Sharn from power when the time was ripe. Security was lax and I doubt our disguises where even needed and it didn’t take us long before we stood face to face with the head of the Syndicate Talon Darsin, the man was a man but a man of pure evil, justice was done perhaps in a little lawless fashion but Stormreach was a better place without Talon in it. With the help of Benny and his Quickfoot crew we battled our way out of the Tenements and back to the Marketplace. The gangs where disorientated with the Sharn leader dead and did not put up too much of a fight other than a group of loyalists in the alley before the market. Merc got a little carried away she singlehandedly rushed a large group of the enemies a mistake that nearly cost her, her life. She bravely crawled back to safety and with the help of some magical healing was soon back on her feet. While Merc recovered the rest of us tactical took the loyal crooks out with deadly precision and returned to a the Coin Lord a final time he rewarded us well for our deeds but I turned him down, the justice that had been done and the renown of our group was good enough.

The companions parted ways some of them I knew I would see again shortly, others I was not so sure. I smiled at Merc and she returned the gesture as I headed of to my home the small monastery of the Undying Court in House Phylarlin.

OOC: Sorry to all for being late hopefully it doesn’t happen too much again. We did the whole series on elite and had some interesting challenges in a few spots. Loot was terrible for me this week, those chinsey tight waded coin lords, I ended up taking guild renown which worked story wise. I guess we got spoiled last week with +2 loot. I bought some healing resources and ended the night down near 2000 Platinum from where I started, a few more sessions like this and Fallane will be begging on the streets of Stormreach. I got my first private tell on Fallane asking to drop group and come help another group in another quest that needed a cleric, lol. Not sure what others Fetivisus real life plans are but just to warn you all right now I will not be making any games between December 23rd and Jan 3rd. Lastly as with other nights I had a lot of fun with this game.

Session 6 – Playwrights and Partygoers
    We met at the Rusty nail for some breakfast, I wasn’t late today but I did take quite a bit of good nature ribbing and was offered more than a few Dirty Kobolds. I politely declined it was after all before lunch and not by just a little. The tavern was quite full especially for so early in the morning and most of the patrons where good men and women that had heard of our good deeds and wished to contribute to the cause and help out how they could. After exchanging greetings and some minor introductions, I tired to introduce Kylaeria to the good forged Godseye but she would have none of it, our groups split. I was assigned with Kylaeria the elven sword maid, her Royal Highness Feyjhan and last but not ‘least’ the two halfs Dhal and Scoti together again our solid group of four.

We set off for house Phiarlan carried by rumors of an impending demon invasion. The rumors directed us to an elf with an alias of ‘Rouge’! Despite her personal discreetness she did seem quite knowledgeable and did have what seemed genuine concern for house Phiarlan. Rouge was gathering evidence to unmask the carnival front that was attempting to disguise its real demonic origins. Her first task for us was to strength the Phiarlan House by aiding Glitter Underhill in producing the perfect play. So in one swift turn we had been reduced from demon slayers to playwright, meh just the way it goes sometimes.

We found our contact Gliter eagerly awaiting our arrival a small caravan was loaded and ready to set out. She told us to hop on board and she would explain along the way. We traveled hard for quite some time; Gliter taking lead reigns and driving the wagon into the Mammoth Valley while she told us of her plight. The journey was relatively uneventful however it seemed like we where being trailed and the animals seemed to be acting a bit strange, never catching a glimpse of anything too out of the ordinary I dismissed this sense of unease as by product of the bumpy trail. The trail was rough and conversation was difficult but if my understanding was correct it came down to needing to return some serious respect to Phiarlan productions the first step was making there plays more authentic. Apparently some previous playwright assumed quite incorrectly in Glitters view that you could get away with having a dwarven lead actor to play a stromreaver cloud giant. Personally I would have payed a fair copper to see that production, I imagine it would have been a great comedy. The production was not meant to be a comedy and our task was not a small one, we had to find a giant willing to become an actor.

We stopped at the end of the main trail close to Mammoth Valley, which was apparently home to many passive giants. Glitter waited with her small crew and the Caravan while we set of to find the friendly giant that would star in the play. We followed a small game trail, it was nice to be out doors we where enjoying the splendor of the valley but it would not last as soon we where beset by a pack of angry wolves. The wild beast where savage and angered or so the others said; to me they looked just like wild hungry animals that thought the halflings would make a nice tasty snack. The wolves proved no match and would prove to not be hungry as I pulled a half digested kobold arm from the busted open severed gut of one of the creatures. We encountered more sick animals that attacked us on sight before we met our first giant, well our first and second giants. I could see Dhal eying up there stuff and made sure to point out the size of there cooking pot I think that kept his curiosity intact. The giants where quite dim but pleasant enough, strange for this land but they did not actually attack us on sight. We asked if they wanted to join the play and they where dumb founded they said that we needed to talk to their relative the giant Brawnpits and he might be able to help. So off we went through the winding path of the valley attacked by more sick animals until we came to a tranquil scene. We clambered up a high cliff that over looked a gorgeous sylvan pound fed by a majestic water fall. As we stood admiring this natural wonder our thoughts where interrupted by “thump” “thump” “thump” the monstrous booming steps of a very large creature, followed by a booming bellow of “Don’t jump in that water is shallow!” And thus we where introduced to Brawnpits I was surprised by Scoti’s attitude, he warmed right up to the giant whom I always thought to be kin of Ogres, but his allergy did not trigger nor did he start foaming and hacking nor try to kill it, it must be like an elf vs drow kinship. To say Brawnpits was dumb would be a huge understatement and doing the big lug a great service. He was hospitable enough and invited us back to his camp, with a nice fire and friendly but large pet wolf. Relaxing by the fire we spent hours trying to explain to him why we had come. I don’t think he every fully understood what we wanted but he wanted to trust us and to do so we needed to earn his trust by calming the angered spirits of his valley.

First he needed some water from the falls so off we went. Brawnpits warned us again about the shallow water and advised against jumping off the cliff to get to the falls, we thought it over and decided shallow to him would drown the Halflings. The halfling made out ok as did the lithe slim Kylaeria as they leapt into the pond. Feyhjan tripped and ended up soaked, her pride was all that was really damaged. I made out worst of all as I leapt high and came down hard badly twisting and spraining my leg as the water came just shy of my midsection. As I was cursing my wretched luck things got worse as Feyhjan grabbed some water before appeasing the water spirits we where caught off guard but quickly dealt with the two spirits. I said a quick prayer as did Scoti, I thought that would be enough to appease the spirits but I was wrong, dead wrong. Two more spirits leapt from the falls and encased me in an icy tomb, everything faded to black. I think I am beginning to start to feel the same about cold as Dahl feels about fire. I awoke shivering chilled to the bone with a sprained leg close to a fire back at Brawnpits camp. Apparently the others had found a way to appease the spirits, retrieve the water and manage to thaw me out. I didn’t have much time to rest but did notice a different wolf at the giant’s camp.

Water in hand next Brawnpits needed us to get some rocks and crush them with our hands. It took us a while before we found the spirit rocks he needed and crush them we did, but not with our hands. Anyways back to the camp we went and noticed he had yet a different canine pet.

Thirdly we where tasked with recovering some fire wood, he instructed us to go up the pass or seek out his kin, we chose to seek his kin, which would prove to be a mistake. The kin where helpful enough and loaded us all into their large cooking pot and then flung us up the mountain. I used my cloak of feathers and enjoyed the ride, Dhal however being much lighter than the rest of us flew way off course, separated from us. The other three and half of us looked for and called out to Dhal we didn’t find him or hear from him but we did find some firewood which we promptly collected only to have it be guarded by an angry fire spirit. We defeated the spirit and hastened the search for Dahl, knowing his fear of fire, screaming out for him to not gather more wood. He called back and we rushed to meet him, this is were we, more correctly I, made a near fatal mistake. All that stood between us and Dahl was a narrow gap on top of the cliff we where on, Feyhjan, Scoti and Kylaeria lept the gap like gazelle flying through the air. I attempted to follow suit not at all concerned with the heights we where at besides I had my trusty cloak of feathers…well my sprained leg was still sore and weak and gave out at the wrong time and my battle kilt caught on a rock and tripped me up as I made my launch and swan dived over a hundred yards down the gap. Still not in the least bit worried I plucked a feather from my magic cloak expecting to pleasantly sail on down, I was wrong again, apparently its magic had been spent and had not had the time to recharge. I braced for impact as best I could and called a quick prayer to the Undying Court, every thing faded as the ground embraced me. I came too with Feyhjans aid, it was nice that she had come back for me. My ancestors must have heard my prayers and looked out for me because miraculously nothing was broken. I was tired, beat, winded, dirty and fully spent but happily alive, my exuberance was short lived. As I got up so did a ring of five angry rock spirits, I did what came natural, I ran for my life, screaming for Feyhjan to do the same as the earthen grasp rose up around me and buried me alive all went dark again. I awoke back at Brawnpits camp my companions must have rescued me from that rocky grave and by will of the Undying Court my destiny was to live. We took more time to rest up and regain our strength I think the giant was apperceive of our efforts and beginning to warm to us as we conversed with him while we recovered. Prepared and at near full strength the last few bits of wood were our and fire guardians easily dispatched. We returned to the camp only to have the fire spirits hiden in the camp fire launch an attack on Brawnpits. The group dealt with those noting that the giant once again had yet a different wolf companion, he had also made a stew while we where out.

He said our last task was to appease the spirit in the sky and his stew would aid us in the task. It smelled good and I egarly gulped down a full portion. The stew tasted fantastic and had some magical powers, my sprained leg seemed healed and full of unnatural strength. Wisely I did not ask what he put in the stew and just enjoyed the taste and relished in my own ignorance. We set off and I could not help jumping it felt wonderful to sail through the air, unfortunately each landing hurt but only a little and did not stop me from leaping up the mountain pass. We hopped up the pass once again high up in the mountains, it was here Scoti told us he would meet up with us later as he tracked down a hidden earth spirit and put it to rest. The rest of our group kept going higher up hoping over many cliffs and small valleys. One by one, we all fell off the path, except for the nimble Kylaeria, whom I could only hope went on to try and pacifiy the spirit in the sky. My fall this time was pure pleasure as my cloak of feathers worked and offered me a smooth glide through the fresh mountain air back to the giants camp. It wasn’t long before the others wandered back to the camp, all but Kylaeria, that girl had strength and grace and with the giant stew she could nearly fly rather jump. Dahl said he could hear her, he yelled to her to calm the spirit.

I can only assume that Kylaeria ether made the spirit really mad or did indeed calm the spirit, given the circumstances and my joy of her companionship I will go with she calmed the spirit. With the air spirit calmed something happened and a veil over the valley was lifted. Demonic thiefling carnies beset us and it all began to unfold in my mind; the angry spirits, the sense of being followed, the enraged animals. These demons must have been along with us this whole time and where not about to let us recruit Brawnpits for the production. As I scribe this down I still find it hard to believe, Demonic forces rallied together to stop play, it must be one hell of a show. Brawnpits must have been ashamed or scared as he trusted us now. With the mighty giant on our side we battled our way through the demonic forces back to the caravan without too much of a problem. Glitter seemed happy to see us return and even more joyed to see the new star of her show. Breaking camp we packed up the caravan and rode out of the Mammoth Valley on the trail back to Stormreach. There was some chiding from my companions but I was genuinely honored as she named the production after me…”The Fall of Truth”.

We returned to our contact Rouge she seemed a bit antsy and it’s a good thing the carvan from the Mammoth Valley had not been delayed. She needed our help again and we where needed to attend a Galla at the Phiarlan Chapterhouse. We had a few hours to get cleaned up before the event so headed to meet our next contact, on the way we tried to find Kylaeria something suitable to wear but we could not. I suggested she could come as my body guard if any suspicion was aroused. I think she was ok with that. I had time to get cleaned up in a fresh rich gown suitable for the occasion. Our contact was an elf by the name of Cyan she was defiantly a noble and more than a little stuck-up, if it wasn’t for the color of her skin I would say that her and Fehyjan were related. Cyan told us she thought the gala would be crawling with demonic forces intent on assassinating the Viceroy, she need our help to get her name on the guest list so she could get close to the Viceroy and save his life. It seemed a little too political and little overly complicated for all we really knew Cyan could have been using us to get close to the Viceroy, so she could attempt to assassinate him herself, but none the less we eagerly agreed to help out, after all unless you where someone like Fehyjan you just did not get into these big galla events without breaking in or killing someone.

We had to make our way through the Illusionarium, the place was a mix of deadly and wonderful. The illusions where so believable and magnificent. They were so life like, the elves had forgetton no detial there was even olfactory illusions and they smelled terrific. I really admire the Phiarlan Elven Illusionists that had constructed this wondrous place. The illusionary guards and creatures protecting the afterhours Illusionarium were difficult enough to handle but the traps were unbelievable deadly. Poor Kylaeria belived one of the traps; its illusionary chains pinned her down, while illusionary blades cut her to ribbons. It took some effort to revive her and convince her it had not been real. Another of the traps Dhal had though he had figured out only to have the illusion trick him and lock us in this room with blades coming at us from every direction. While stuck in this room, we tried in vain to find the correct shadow rune and puzzle our way out. It was a good thing Dhal had given me the bundle of healing wands earlier in the day or else I am quite sure we all would have died an unreal death from that deadly room of false traps. We passed through the Illusionarium and came to some puzzle runes we managed to puzzle them all out except one that Dhal said was an intelligence rune, hard to believe that none of our group was smart enough. I think Dahl or perhaps Kylaeria displayed unreal finger dexterity to unlock the dexterity puzzle. I think Kylaeria or Scoti smashed the strength rune passing its test. To my suprise Feyhjan got out a wand and used her cunning to solve the wisdom rune, before I had a chance. Scoti sucked in a huge breath and blew his lungs out blowing the constitution rune into magical completion. Lastly to everyones surprise or perhaps not, and a bit of alchemical help, I managed to charm the charisma rune. I think if we had been smart enough the puzzle may have made the passage to the ball room much easier that it turned out to be. We pressed on only to encounter more illusionary deaths this time it was Dhal of all people and not as surprising Feyhjan the two of them thought they had died, impaled on illusionary spikes. Scoti and Kylaeria had made it quite a bit farther than me so I carefully went in and drug their bodies out of the illusion, even though I knew the spikes weren’t real, at times my mind did not and I endured the pain with prayers to the Undying Court. One and a half bodies in tow I retreated back to a spot where I could try and slap them around and revive them in private and convince them that the trap had only been an illusion. Things didn’t go so well as unfortunately a large group of patroling illusionary guards spotted me and gave chase. I knew they weren’t real but just for a moment my will cracked and then they where real and I ran for my life. The chase ended with me out of breath, down a dead end hallway as they chopped me down. Last thing I rembered before I fell was how their blades and spells seemed all too real.

I am unsure how much time passed but I dreamt of my ancestors and awoke to a gentle touch of Kylaeria gently tapping me on my face. Scoti was there too, Dhal and Feyhjan were starting to come around too. I gulped down the magic potion that Godseye had giving me and it revived me a bit and gave me a lot of energy to continue on. The illusions had spread us pretty thin and wisely we all decided to try and find a different way into the Ballroom. After some carefuly exploration we managed to find a way in from climbing up a balcony in a large theater room. We slinked across the second level and into the ballroom with only one minor skirmish that was easy enough with all of us together.

The Ballroom was gloriously decorated in a Festivalt fashion. There where noble honored guests and diplomats from not only Stormreach, but nobles and princes from afar. Strangely despite my ignoble heritage I felt quite at home among this caste of people, or perhaps it was the environment, the grand ballroom the gala party. It didn’t take us to long to mingle and find the guest book. I penned our names in addition to Cyans in various discrete spots in the book with my fine penmanship. After the names where in the book we spread out to enjoy the party for a bit and attempted to mingle. We were well out of all of our league, except for Fehyjan, who despite being in full battle gear had the noble face, stance and demeanor to blend right in.

That events that transpired next where a bit strange but Feyhjan had met up with Cyan before the rest of us and the two of them had gotten into a bit of a fight. No blades where crossed but many nasty words words where exhanged as both elf and drow were too much alike to show any sign of weakness to the other and both too proud to back down and realize that we where all on the same side. Cyan rushed off obviously upset and rushed to see the Viceroy. I think we would have had some time to uncover the plot had her and Feyhjan not gotten into the fight but it was not meant to be so. We rushed after Cyan into the private quarter of the Viceroy. As we approached something did not feel right, I warned my companions to be on there toes, as I pulled my battle armor on over top of my fine evening gown. Stumbling with my armor I was last to arrive I just made it into the Viceroy's quarters as the doors slammed shut behind us and all hell broke loose, quite literally. Demonic theifling carnies and assassins rushed the Viceroy. Along with the demonic forces his own guards where trying to kill him seeming to be influenced by vial sorcery.

At the end of the evening Cyan and the Viceroy were barely alive, Feyhjan and Scoti had fallen. I was spent nearly ready to drop from exhaustion, Kylaeria and Dhal were bloodied but doing ok all thing considering the hell we had just been through. Some prayers and tending brought Feyhjan and Scoti around we took care of a few more demons and collected a bit of spoils as well as a handsome reward from the Viceroy whom was gracious to have his life. Cyan irked me a bit when we discussed the events, she was obviously still mad at Feyhjan and was mad that the Viceroy had been seriously hurt. I mean come on girl the Viceroy had the Undying Court to thank seeing that he actually still lived. I collected my reward and muttered something about women being never satisfied; Kylaeria was near by and took the whole thing out of context and then she tore a small strip of my hide for my insensitive remark. Aghh women, some days you just can’t win for trying…

OOC: I seen Godseye log early and sure hope he was not excluded from a group. My strong stance on the static group structure is; Static groups are great however I would rather have split groups and include everyone that shows up for an eve of gaming than have someone get left out. Most clerics can’t jump in this game ‘Fall’ ‘an’ is no exception. I am sure it was not every one in the group but those that did it, slow down and read the text once in a while, try and incorporate it and work with it to tell our tale, I know the non-rp thing to do for quests is just click though as fast as you can lol. I think the end of party crashers could have gone a little smoother. It was nice to have every one be able to hear voice chat and all nice too have Dhal back on his mic. Could we please get in the habit of trying to come toward Fallane when you need healing a few times it became a minor issue last game with out of range and blocked. All my funds from last session where replaced thanks for all the generous donations, it was unnecessary but appreciated, I will put them to good use and get us some more group wands, which we did go through 4 partial wands mostly in the Illusionarium. Good game looking forward to our adventures next week.

Session 7 – Agents of Phiarlan
    I returned to the Golden Wing were my comrades where staying, apparently last night they had heard angry berating shouting originating from a male voice coming from inside Kylaeria's room. We waited for her to venture down while we where introduced to our latest comrade, a pleasant drow by the name of Dydic, he had been sent by his reclusive adopted father Synic to aid our group. Dydic would prove to be a valuable companion although he is definitely a little hard on hearing it must be from all the exploding fire he has played with. We started to grow very concerned for Kylarea and went up to check her room it was empty of people though still had a few of her thing but not her armor nor her weapons, she must have left in the night. We made it our top priority to find our friend. We scoured the district for days before finally getting a lead from a mysterious wizard. The wizard told us we would find her at Gwylan Stand, and we would also find devious Thuranni amongst the sacred ruins. He would teleport us out to Gwylans Stand in exchange we had to take care of the House Thuranni agaents their and drive them from the area by “corrupting” more correctly poisoning their supplies. The wizard told us the poison would be hidden in some caves close to the ruins of Gwylans Stand. How did the wizard know this would be here? Did he have it planted? If so why not have that person poison the supplies. Did they have House Thuranni duble agent spies that revealed the poison that was meant to be used against House Phiarlan? My head spun as here we were yet again pawns in the grand game of elven politics. Feeling we had little choice we accepted. The wizard told us to meet back once we where prepared. Scoti was off chasing his own lead but we figured the little guy could take care of himself ok, not that Kylyeria couldn’t but it was odd to run off without letting us know where she was. Fehjhan hired a few mercenaries and we gathered our gear and supplies and then returned to be teleported us off too Gwylans Stand.

Gwylans Stand got its name from Gwylan Fellthistle was a ranger whose heroic sacrifice secured the region for House Phiarlan. The once majestic pilgrimage destination was tranquil enough on our arrival but the beauty was ruined by the overcast aroma that filled the air, the unmistakable stench of trolls. We found the cave and located the poison easy enough although we had to dispatch a few of the trolls. The mercenaries did their job quite admirable, particularly Gathol the holy half orc who reveled in blood, his foes and his own.

We entered the ruins and proceeded to engage the agents of House Thuranni, my comrades strength combined with the mercenaries has grown considerable and the agents of House Thuranni, with their goblin, troll and minotaur henchmen where no match for us. The traps of the old ruins were many but Dhal handled them with ease.

We did reunite with Kyleria which was fortunate; she came from behind so I can only imagine we had arrived here first despite her having a few days head start she must have been on foot. We warmly greeted her and she the same to us but would not tell us much more of what had happened or why she had come here and we did not pressure her, we where just glad that she was ok. Wanting to keep on the good graced the fine House Phiarlan we decided it would be best to continue the assignment the wizard had given us.

There was one battle that was much worse than the rest and tested our skills and then some I heard one of the Thuranni elves scream with pleasure “Kill them Mightyhoof!”. The huge minotaur solder we encountered nearly did his job, no one escaped unscathed Fehyjan had dropped battered and unconscious along with me. The poor elven mercenary Kastinalia Windblossom paid with her life. Feyhjan found the silver lining in that commenting that at least she would not need to be paid. We said some prayers to the undying and made her a crude cairn amongst the ruins of Gwylans then returned to our task of poisoning the supplies.

By the time our task was done and the poison was in place we must have killed half their army or more, I doubt there where even many left to poison. We collected many spoils then set off on the long road back to Stormreach, the agents of Thuranni would threaten House Phiarlan no more, for this day at least.

The wizard was happy to see us and had already heard of our success and further rewarded us for our deeds. How he had known I am not sure if it was spies or magic but I suspect magic, and it made me think I should have tried harder in my necromancy studies. We parted ways amiable with the good mercenary Gathol, perhaps we will see him again some day.

Scoti had still not returned who know what trouble the little guy had gotten into more likely he would be fine and was likely still on some wild goose chase following a false flead off looking for Ky, we would give him a few more days before we would get worried and go after him for now ‘Rouge’ had another Phiarlan job for us. She had arranged for us to contact Orchre who had information that a vile Halfling was providing supplies to the demonic forces of the Cabal. Orchre told us he would reward u if we could get information out of Roderick and he knew he could often be found at odd hours in the Kitchen of the Golden Wing tavern.

We entered the kitchen and sure enough we caught the little bugger Rodreick right in mid deal with a group of theiflings. He ran off down into the cellar and left us to dela with the minor demons which we did without too much trouble. After the brief encounter the scared cook apologized, for what I am not sure, and then helped us get the door to his cellar. Of course the cellar had a secret passage into the sewer and we chased Rodrick through the sewers and back streets of the Phiarlan district. Every time we thought we had him corned with no apparent means of escape he would giggle and use his magic wand leaving us to deal with some distraction while he escaped. The wand was quite resourceful in allowing him to escape, from sewer rats, to animating stone gargoyles on nearby buildings to even summoning minor fiends. A few of the encounters with him where quite memorable, once he waved it and these nearby crates animated into one large crate monster. The other time it misfired and turned a nearby insect into a rhinoceros sized rust monster, we had encountered a few of the rust monsters in the past but nothing like this fell beast. It melted Kyliera’s armor to her skin nearly killing her. The rest of us faired little better, as the beast’s acidic bite was downright lethal, I thank the Undying Court that we survived the creature at all. After a few more cornering and escapes Rodericks luck finally ran out as the wand fizzled uselessly he was about to revela to us what he knew about the demonic Cabal when suddenly a demonic abishai, much tougher than the thieflings and minor demonic hounds we had encountered teleported in and killed Roderick before he could inform us. The demon then tried to kill us but we where freshly rested and sent him back to his hellish home with only a few minor scrapes and bruises. We returned to Ochre, he was disappointed to hear we had learned little but rewarded us for dealing with Roderick and the demon nonetheless.

It wasn’t long before Rouge tracked us down she had one final task for us. We needed to meet her contact Cerise at the big top of the circus. Rouge specifically gave circus tickets to Dahl, Ky and My self saying she only had three. I suspected this was Cyans displeasure and influence as the Drow did not receive free passes for the Carnival. Dhal had to work his ‘street friends’ for some tickets for our Drow companions and Feyhjahn was furious about this.

The circus proved to be lots of fun that is until the canries turned out to be demonic theiflinegs and tried to kill us. We must have been marked as agents of Phiarlan shortly in because the carnies put up on hell of a fight. In spite of this hellish atmosphere we still were taken in by many of the mid way games. Dahl was the only smart one of us all and saw through the carnival tricks and games for what they truly where; tricks and games. I was drawn by a ring the bell game. I took a the mallet and struck a mighty blow and rung the big top bell only to rewarded by summing a pack of thiefling strongman fiends intent on killing us, we where surprised but regrouped and fought them off. Ky would try a similar game with a similar result. The hard of hearing drow Dydic kept wandering off opening up boxes of zombies. Even her highness Feyhjahn was taken in we all watched in excitement as she took the grimy wheel of fortune and gave it a might swirl. I watched huddled in eager anticipation as the wheel clinked along tick, tick, tick…

**BOOM**

I awoke in the common room of the Golden Wing Inn to a mug of ail being splashed in my face and Dhals familiar voice “Come on there Felan, give half an effort Chap, up and at em!”. Ky and Feyhjahn just where starting to come too a bit as well. Feyhjan had apparently won an explosive prize. I ached every where in pain, I ordered some concentrated grape juice and said some prayer to the Undying Court suing the divine magic to heal myself and my companions.

Acting much more carefully this time we set off back to the carnival and carefully fought our way past the demonic carnies and to the big top where we met our contact Cerise. The plan was supposed to be quite simple we would simple watch as Ceris and the Phiarlan agents dealt with the head demon, we where only needed as insurance and would likely need to do nothing at all. Me and my companions looked at each other dubiously as we entered the big top tent, none of us had a good feeling about this situation and it was about to get worse.

In the centre of the large tent awaited an alluring top hat wearing succubus demon. In no time at all she had the Phiarlan men on her side charmed and pitted in battle against us. We dispatched them with little effort and then she tried to charm us, I’ll admit I was tempted but the Undying Court helped aid us ward the temptation. The inevitable battle soon erupted. It was an epic fight that used all off our recourses and all of our effort. In the end we were victorious; none had fallen amongst us but all where badly wounded. The succubus had been banished back to her hellish hole from which she had crawled; all that was left was her top hat.

I snatched up the demon Top hat and I must say it looked much better on me than on her her. Dhal getting in the spirit found a small imitation one from one of the monkey cages and it suited him as well as any little monkey. I really think the two of us could have stuck off as performers at this point and made a fine living entertaining others but that job we would have to leave for others; we where heroes and were destined for adventures that mere entertainers could not undertake.

We returned a final time to ‘Rouge’ where she snubbed the drow, Dydic and Fehyjhan, on there rewards. I can not help to think it still had something to do with the run in between Feyhjan and Cyan back from the night of the Galla. For the rest of us Ky, Dhal and myself she had fabulous golden armor crafted. Each set hand crafted a work of functional art, they where enchanted with the finest protective magic’s that radiated a commanding aura. These suits of armor had been elven forged from enameled adamantine, I know I will treasure this gift for quite some time to come. The day was ours and another threat to Stormreach had been dealt with, it is a good thing that this city has heroes like our selves.

OOC: Took a little fictional liberty to start the tale of hopefully you are ok, with me playing off of your events a bit Ky and still keeping things very secretive and a mystery and perhaps even adding to it a bit with political intrigue of House Thuranni and House Phiarlan. Getting this tale started was a bit hard this week and formulating it all together, once I got going, by the time I was writing about the Carnivial the writing was flowing pretty good. I tell my self I want to keep it short every week and it keeps getting out of hand. Dedric get your sound working, please Fun humorous game, I am certain we have some exciting entertaining times yet to come.

Session 8 – Tangleroot
    My companions and I gathered at a quaint little tavern, called the one eared bugbear. It had food, lodgings and ale, and was located a ways west out of Stormreachs House Phiarlan district. I was last to arrive, I had been busy at the orphanage of the monastery and was giddy with joy that our small monastery to the undying court was soon to receive a bishop of the court. Arriving not too late I saw three Feyhjan, Kyleria and the two half’s Scoti and Dahl, I thought their might be a bit more help on the way. Feyjhan sadi she had hired more help after Dydic, Cynics adopted son left our group in a frenzied panic, seems like he had more in common with Cynic than just the studies of the arcane. We waited around a bit for the mercenary to arrive enjoying some of the famed One-Eared Bugbear menu items.

The mercenary did not come but a patron of the tavern, Emeric Quall, told Fehyjan we needed to find a friendly bugbear named Unguz who made his home deep in the gorge. All this was second hand information from Feyhjaan and I am not sure if she had some ulterior motives perhaps attempting to get favor with the goblins in order to take some measure of revenge against House Phiarlan.

We set off into the gorge it would have been a short trip to find Unguz but the west bridge was out so we had to walk around on the far path and find another bride across the deep ravine. Scoti’s allergies where acting up a bit again near a lair of ogres on the far western side directly across from the The One-Eared Bugbear Inn. Scoti is in denial he claims to hate the smelly brutes, but I still think it is allergies I should see if I can help cure the attacks with some type of divine blessing from the court or some necromantic alchemical medicines.

After some back tracking and pleasant exploration of the gorge we finny found a large goblin that wanted to speak to us, I correctly assumed this was Unguz. He was huge for a goblin and was surrounded by a few burly hobgoblin guards; lastly he had a pair of deadly blades he kept at the ready. There was a twinkle in his eyes and he rubbed his hands greedily as we parlayed and for what ever reason unknown to me Feyhjhan kept accepting his terms, to attack the Skull tribe goblin lair. The large crafty hobgoblin Unguz must have been part ‘buggerbear’ here were some of his responses in a Festivalt nut shell.

“Just go kill twenty then we should be able to handle the rest.”

“Go back to the strong hold free the human slaves then you can be done.”

“The have gotten to well organized you need to take out there battle commanders then we should be good to take out the skulls on our own.”

“Just make sure their prized spider doesn’t hatch any more offspring do this for us then I will reward you.”

“You just need to get our assassin his poison then we will be good.”

“Deal with the powerful shaman then we can launch our assault.”

My head was ringing each time we approached the mouth of the Splinterskull strong hold. Every trek back down the well worn path I heard the echoing shouts of goblins from within. Each time we entered I shuddered with an eerie sense of déj*-vu and not just from this lifetime.

The goblins in Splinterskull were numerous, well trained, disciplined and crafty but my companions were up to the challenge and as usual made short work of them. We sacked many goblin treasure vaults and put hundreds of the beats to the sword.

Everything was going along quite fine until we where tasked with defeating the powerful shaman lurking in the inner stronghold halls. We got close to the shamans tower within the keep it was magically warded with a wheeled puzzle lock. Feyhjan was back to her trick again and playing with our souls carelessly flinging the wheels, just like at the carnival and just like then it had dire consequences. Dread magic arced and sparked off the magical warding, Scoti hoped out of the way and Feyhjan was safely away from the barrier as she unleashed the curse. Ky, Dhal and myself where not so luck as we fell victim to the magical ward and where overcome by some type of Maybar curse. My vision warped and I saw everything rotting and dying before my eyes. We fought the curse off as best as our wills could handle and managed to dispatch the Shaman but unfortunately the curse lingered on.

The curse of Maybar was maddening and somewhere between yet another trip between the outer and inner goblin stronghold things became fuzzy and unclear, I am sure it was a result of the witch doctors powerful curse. I awoke pulling off my Golden Mask of the Dead. I was a mess, numerous cuts and bruises covered my body with much of my own blood pouring from slashes in my golden armor. My ceremonial blades were out as well, both covered in much blood. My companions where acting quite strange, kidding around asking me if I would be ok. The goblin king lay dead at the foot of his throne; we took some treasures then returned to Unguz yet again. Unguz the large goblin started off on some other task that still needed to be done, but we looked at him and he looked back at us, our group weary cut and bruised. I thought conflict was going to erupt once more but Unguz, seeing the blood of hundreds of his goblin kin on our gear, wisely backed down and rewarded us for the tasks we had done.

I collected my rewards for the tithe to the monestary bidding farewell and a Merry Festivault to my companions. I made haste back to the monastery eager to meet the Bishop of the Undying Court.

My arrival at the monastery was met with initial shock, despair and bit of hesitant fear. Eravnal the humble adept and keeper of the monastery, had look of sheer terror on his face as he quivered before the alter of the Undying Court. Behind the alter was the source of his fear; a terrible skeletal being with a crown of the Undying Court and a majestic bejeweled great sword slung across the back of his black velvet robe.

I mustered my strength and mumbled a prayer to the Undying then spoke with only a little of my true nervous quiver showing though “Lord Bishop Sengorel, I presume, tis is an honor to make your acquaintance I am…”

The bishop lich cut me off and spat in disgust “I know who you are and the Court has its eye on you halfbreed.”

“You have been chosen. I can not see it. All I see when I gaze upon you is weakness and the foul stench of man, but it is not my choice. It is the will of the Ancestors that you become one of the Undying and not just a soldier. It pains my bones but aperrently you have a very special destiny you are to be a Holy dead an, Undying of the order of the radiant servant of light. Bah the ancestors have been wrong before, we shall see…” With that the lich took drew his large blade catching me completely by surprise and drove it through my body ending my existence as Fallane…

OOC: Look for some changes to Fallane. His cursed brush with Maybar by the powerful shaman and his meeting with the Undying Court Bishop have changed him quite a bit. Good session everyone. Seasons greetings, enjoy.

Session 9 – The Chronoscope and a Trip to Alternate Realities
    I waited and waited and then waited some more I am unsure how many Dirty Kobolds I nursed at the Rusty Nail, still no sign of my companions. The city was under siege by demons and the fated companions where no where to be found the task was to great to tackle myself perhaps my friends had perished at the hands of the fiends as had many others. I had near given up hope when the door opened and a warm wave of ash blow in heralding my companions. As usual their where the two halfs Scoti and Dhall, Kyleria had arrived dressed nicely despite the siege. And then there was Feyhjan with a small squad of retainers and mercenaries. I started to get up from my chair at the table to go great them but most of them ran off not even seeing me intent on a strange portal in the back of the bar, only Dhal seemed to notice me, he looked confused perhaps a little bewildered and I greeted him and together we set off through the magic door. When we caught up to the others my companions were acting very strange indeed they spoke to me asking if I was ok now and accused my sacred mask of the undying court as being cursed. Even with the assault going on in the city around us I had a little chuckle and dismissed there silliness as we got down to the business at hand the business of saving Stormreach from the demonic hordes that where attempting to take over.

I can’t recall who took charge and led but with our numbers it was more military like than many of our previous journeys, we where tasked with finding fallen guards and adventures and with finding some girl named Nelle Gann and of course battling the demonic hordes.

The demons fell to our blades well enough a few of the mercenaries proved quite potent a few others where quite tough to keep on there feet my companion skills seemed better than I last recalled as did my own. Other than one place where the demons ambushed us at a fountain in the north section of the market where many where nearly killed we faired fairly well on the whole. Scoti and Kyleria where among the best of the best and many demons fell to their blades.

In time we would locate most if not all of the missing soldier and many we revived so they could join the frey.

Finding the girl Nelle was not as easy as it seemed. I suggested we check the Pheonix tavern, so we battled our way there. The girl was their but our quest was far from over. A foul wizard along with five Abashi demons held the girl. One of the Abashi, the white one, licked his lips with his long forked tongue hungrily as he muttered ‘I shall enjoy you later.’ The wizard was named Tremas and he had Nelle held as his captive. Tremas agreed to only release her if we got a key from the bank. What choice did we have? We accepted and fought our way through the demons along the short path to the bank. Their where mumbles of another bank robbery, some of these mercenaries must have had shady pasts but I guess that is the norm for their kind.

The bank had been over run by demons as well and in particular one large nasty brute named Blood Plate. An epic battle erupted and how we all lived through I still do not know. Blood Plate was a large formidable armored demon with his armor nailed directly to his skin; he sent waves of his minions against us in addition to facing many of us all at once. He had a small group of personal armourers that kept trying to repair him during the battle but we kept fighting them off wave after wave. After the battle we looked at the fallen demon hero with satisfaction and took a short but well deserved rest.

We gathered the key and delivered it to Tremas he ended up double crossing us. Sure he let Nelle go but then he stabbed her with the artifact the shard of time and stole her youth before vanishing. We agreed to help Nelle as best as we could so we traveled back across the demon wasted market place to the Pheonix tavern where we went through the magic door and parleyed with Veheer the commander of the Stormreach forces. Veheer relayed information that his troops had found a portal in the sewer system below the market near the entrance of the old steam tunnels. His information led him to believe that if we could gain access to the portal we would be able to uncover the heads of the plot of the invasion and likely find Tremas involved as well.

The portal was guarded by more demons and commanded by an Orthon of minor ranking named Razorarm. It didn’t take long for the sewer to be a mess covered in demon icor Razorarm banished and the portal ours. We took a few moments prepared for the worst and entered the portal.

We entered the interior of the warded enormous market place tent with Tremas in the midst of some dark ritual, not wanting to be interrupted he commands his Abishia minons to attack us. We were ready for them and beat them down along with a host of other demonic forces. We where just about to interrupt Tremas’s ritual, when the bested Abashi came together and melded into a huge Abashi much more powerful than any of the original five. The battle that ensued with this new abomination was extremely difficult, I bled holy healing energy and everyone spent every resource they had. Many brave companions fell in that fight I feared we would have nothing left to fight the wizard Tremas, but it did not matter we where to late and his ritual was completed.

We watched in horror as the demon prince Arimikos was summoned and then in horror as Tremas stabbed the mighty demon with the shard of time. I expected the worst but it seemed the Undying Court had a hand in some cosmic justice as the shard broke and the demon prince laughed at Tremas’s feable attempt to end him and opened a portal and drug the evil wizard of to a hellish plane where he belonged.

The resolution came quickly for some as we took the bodies back to the Rusty Nail to recover those that we could. Veheer thanked as for our efforts and my companions left through a portal, it closed before I could step through snapping shut as a war horn can be heard out in the marketplace, the invasion is not yet done it seems at least not for me.

As I sit here alone in the Rusty Nail tavern the baying of demonic howls can be heard the terro has returned with no respite, it is not over. Nurse my Dirty kobold and slowly pull my battle kilt back on praying for my companions to return so we can deal with this threat…

OOC: Quite the challenge with the raid even more so to write after a restart or two I think I know how I am going to handle this look for another entry by me today hopefully every thing make sense good game and looking forward to our future sessions.

Session 9 Part 2 – Interlude The Awakening

I, Tez-Aereniaera ancestor of the Undying Court awoke in a fresh new body. It had been a long time since I wore flesh this fresh. The Bishop Sengorel stood over me the rite completed. The years had not been kind to Sengorel his once pale gaunt flesh was now gone leaving just his old worn bones, I barely recognized him.

The Bishop spoke his voice was pale and haunting but more familiar.

“Tez-Aereniaera the ritual was a success the half-elf did not stand a chance he has been displaced for now and his soul should not interfere.”

I spoke reflecting on the events playing out in my mind. “You have done well but there is much to be done if not for the greater good I would not have demanded this right. The fools do not know that there might forces powers of seer evil from the outer planes of heel that have arrived and are putting their plots in motion.”

The Bishop spoke again “Much has changed my lord. The elves of Aerenal have grown weak and have their own issues to deal with. The Undying ranks have been thinned and scattered. You my lord are still week and your skills dulled over time no doubt and worse trapped in that halfbreed abominations body.”

“Hold your tongue, Bishop this young Fellane had some merit or else I would not have chosen him. I do admit it is not perfect but my skills will return with time. The hellish threats are another mater I will recruit some heroes and as good as a starting point as any are Fellanes old comrades he often prayed to me for their safety perhaps there is at least some merit their I will see what I can do to gain their trust and recruit them for the cause.”

The Bishop bowed before me and took out a small portable hole. “Your effect my Lord and If that is all than I wish to take my leave back to Shae Mordai.”

“Dismissed.” I snatched up the portable hole and began rifling through for anything to fit this small boyish frame.

The lich took his leave and only then noticed the humble elven adept cowering off behind the far pew. “Come child I mean you no harm tell me all you know of this skin I wear tell me everything of young Fellane and his companions…”

Eravnal the adept told me everything he knew and from this I was able to meet up with Fellanes old companions. I watched them with keen interest and wondered what task the halfling Dallog had summoned the companions for. I recived a few strange glances back and those close to the boy could sense something different they asked me if I was feeling ok but I just ignored them and then we where off so many I was easily able to blend in.

The first task was a good test for my old abilities we took an airship to a powerful nexus point and opened a portal to some alternate reality. We traveled to a different time and place and battled many demonic forces attempting to over run this city we where in the city of Stormreach I belive. The battle was but a haze and I had much on my mind but none the less I led the forces of good and we turned the tide of battle. For an undying warrior I did not do too bad but my skills where still dull, the young Halfling Scoti and the elf Kylaeria did a good job of trying to keep up. We left the portal and returned back to the real reality and then things got really strange. The companions forgot all the events of the battle all my exploits and where going on as if they did not even knew me. The nexus point was somehow responsible, likely the powerful magic caused these lesser being to loose part of their minds and memories. My power was growing but no where near strong enough to cure them of the dimensional sickness so I was patient wih them and we had our introductions as I once again evaluated their skills and talents.

After a short jaunt through the tome in a vast graveyard in the Jorasco district of the city this is how I rated my companions.

‘Feyhjahn’ Drow need I say more.

‘Scoti’ I liked this young lad better in the alternate dimension he whined a bit perhaps he had a bit of fear of the undead. All can not be perfect in all pursuite and with one so young one can expect many inconsistencies. I will push him hard and see if something can not be salvaged.

‘Dallog’ Seem’s an interesting little Halfling, he is witty and bright and is very knowledgeable of danger and traps. I am certain he will have his uses if his skills can be continued to be honed.

‘Kyleria’ she is a young elf that has been taught by someone of considerable skill. She seems keen on showing of her lithe body back in my day I may have taken her as a concubine, for now though there is great potential in this one I think she can be molded into an undying and that will strength our cause enormously.

‘Asgorath’ Interesting to see first hand how the Canith experiment has evolved. A loyal construct built for war, this one seems to be more than capable so far. We must take care though there is still much about this young forged race to learn and we must be sure that the construct understand who is in charge.

Session 10-11 Sentinel Servants
    We finished in the ancient tombs of Jerasco by freeing Deleriha and then helping a young girl who had lost her book of the dead. After having “tutored” an interesting young human girl in the fine arts of Necromancey and other interesting topics it was past time to once again return to honing my dulled skills and improving the skills of my companions.

The warriors of house Deneith needed our help, the first thing they wanted was to test our abilities so they handed us a trivial job of shutting down an upstart remote market place located in the far off local of the Searing Heights mountain range. The market was called “The Bargain Bazaar” and its biggest crimes where not paying the proper bribes and licenses to the Coin Lord officials of Stormreach. It would appear that house Deneith had more sense than I hand initially suspected by throwing us into this minor political mess. Diplomacy quickly turned to bloodshed as the denizens of the Bargain Bazaar would not close their shops peacefully our hands where forced as we put the brigands to the sword. The black market brigands put up an admiral fight, the “General Manager” was particularly interesting, but in the end they were no match for our parties combine talents.

We returned to our contact Taggart d'Deneith who was quite pleased with our results at the Bazaar and more so that they could deny direct responsibility for the act and yet satisfy the Coin Lord contract all in a neat and tidy manner. Taggart now wanted to see how we could handle ourselves as official representatives for House Deneith by aiding the residents of Deneith in removing some blood tide necromancers and their minions from their nearby cavernous den “The Black Loch”. The journey to the Loch took more time then we needed to deal with the necromantic threats. I almost felt sorry for our foes for the divine beating I unleashed as a Deathless Champion Radiant Lord of the Undying Court. We looted the coffers of the Loch and returned to the Spire of House Deneith.

Taggart was impressed by our skills and wanted to test our limits he needed us to report to one of his cousins Galton d'Deneith who was having issues dealing with a group of pirates that had taken Mistral Island in the Straits of Shargon and where establishing a firm base there. I had to hold back a contemptuous snort of laughter, Pirates, ha this would be simple. We boarded a large impressive Deneith warship, “The Rashrage” and set sail on the Thunder Sea. We arrived at our destination a few leagues from Mistral Island in about a ten-day the journey was relatively uneventful allowing much time for meditation in my private cabin. The captain called us too his quarters and said he refused to advance any closer to the island base for fear of getting within range of their siege engines. He offered a few possible suggestions on how we might penetrate the island, we could be teleported by his Arch mage or his Spy Master could row us around undetected to the rear of the island. The warning bells where going off in my head, if he has an Arch Mage why does he even need our help? I shrugged my mental warning aside figuring the mage must be lazy or inept and told him we would get teleported…the arch mage botched it and instead of teleporting us together his spell went awry and we were scattered and disorientated. I do not know what happened to the others but I am certain their fate was similar to mine, I did my best to fight off a few the pirates but I was overrun and taken captive the pirates ransomed me back to the monastery of the Undying Court in House Philarlan.

While we recovered and regrouped, the pirates had an even stronger hold on the area and their ships where causing havoc to the water trade vessels in the region. Taggart summoned us, he was quite upset and told us to make it right or else…the threat measured little against the shame of being ransomed by the pirates I had a score to settle. It took nearly a month before my companions and I where regrouped and back on board the “Rashrage” a few leagues offshore from Mistral Island. The Arch Mage apologized and tried to excuse his ineptness prattling on about some dimensional anchor that interrupted his spell, this time we took the spy master up on his offer and sailed around in the cover of night to the back of the island. Together and fueled by the embarrassment of being ransomed we soon drove the pirates from Mistral Island and destroyed their base.

The ship ride back to Stormreach seemed long as we endured a nasty storm I am not sure what was worse the howl of the wind or Feyhjan’s constant whining about being cold and wet. Taggart greeted us on the docks upon our return he told us to get our bearings and rest up for a few days then meet him later at the Deneith Spire in exactly five days for one final task for his house after which if successful we would be well rewarded.
    Upon returning to Taggart he reviled that his other cousin Greigur d'Deneith had captured the dread Captain Tew notorious pirate figurehead of the Bloodtide, within the spire. Greigur had requested our group by name and wanted us on hand for the apprehension so everything could proceed smoothly. Things did not go smoothly Captain Tews refused to surrender without a fight. The pirate lord nearly managed to escape but we beat him to the dock of the spire and blew up his airship before he could get away. Captain Tew’s turned out to be a shape shifting Ogre Magi with impressive command of the arcane; nonetheless we dispatched him in a final confrontation in the highest tower of the Deneith Spire.

Taggart kept to his word and showered us with praise and a small bit of treasure mostly worthless old Deneith relics not near enough to cover the coins the monastery of Undying Court had put forth to cover my ransom.

OOC: Session 10 did not start on time and I was very late please do not wait to get things going on my behalf there was a possibility I may not have been able to make it at all anyhow as result of waiting for an hour and stopping early sessions 10 was very short. I am quite certain there were other quests that the static group completed between my Session 10 and 11 as this was when I missed consecutive weeks. Session 11 was rolling along very nicely until the wipe in “Storm the Beaches” that teleport option with us all getting separated was very messy on elite.

Session 12 Paying the Ransom
    “So Eravnal, how much exactly did you pay those bloody pirates to ransome me?”
    The adept looked sheepishly ashamed before finally answering. “100,000 my lord.”

I remained even tempered thinking really that would not be so bad to repay the House Kundarak bankers, heck since my awaking the monastery had more than that in its coffers, I was puzzled so I press Eravnal. “Did the monastery not have about that much gold and almost half that much again, and if we did why borrow from the thieving Kundaraks?”

Eravnal looked scared as he spoke “Sorry my Lord you are correct we did have about 160,000 gold but the ransom was in platinum the standard currency here in this region, our gold reserves barely allowed me to borrow the money from the Kundaraks, I also had to promise services and use your good name begging to borrow the funds required.”

I calmed the angry rising from within and reflected it certainly had been a long time since I last walked among the living and as empires rose and fell and rose again so too did the currencies. It dawned upon me then that what I thought the church possessed was a sizable fortune was in reality more equivalent to just the amount of fund to keep me living comfortable within my means. Not only was our little monastery broke we were also indebted to the Kundaraks and if I did not do something to remedy the situation soon we would likely never escape the horrors of their complex interest schemes let alone pay down the dept I owed to them.

I set off at once to speak to our banker Karya d'Kundarak. She showed me all the official docemention signed and negotiated by Eravnal we went over the cost of borrowing a 10% weekly compounding fee as well as the total funds due 93,813 Platinum. She was quite adamant about no re-negotiations but did give me the names of a few wealthy clients that needed some work done.
    I gather my companions telling them their where people in need of our aid, to ashamed to tell them the truth and we met up at the tavern called “The Ever Full Flagon” where I had scheduled meetings with the potential employers. First we helped Edvag Goodgold rid an abandoned property he had of unwanted infestation of monsters and deal with his nemesis Agent Westbrooke and his gang. Then we aided Lorridan Silvermantle in repossessing some property, an interesting trapped mansion. Thirdly we terminated a troll infestation for Thurd Steelhand. Then while doing a job for Kranig Stoneshield the traps proved more troublesome then putting the Souless One to rest. We turned down a job from Master Thorpe as the Halfling would have nothing to do with exploring a fiery hellish cavern called “The Scorched Caverns”.

Lastly we helped a representative for house Kundarak named Ulfgar d'Kundarak investigate a failed mining operation. Ulfgar agreed to pay my interest while I was on the job for him in addition to covering expenses and providing a sizable reward if we were successful in finding out what really happened at the mine site. The mine site was a mess and had been overrun with demons from Xoriat that had killed the miners and then raised their corpses as undead abominations. We discovered a powerful Xoriat beholder behind all of the trouble and put an end to its corruption once and for all.

Overall not a bad way to spend a few weeks adventuring and after auctioning a few valued relics and putting all my shares of the proceeds of our jobs towards the debt the monestary outstanding balance to house Kundarak was now at 78,331 platinum.

OOC: I remember remarking before that I don’t really care about favor rewards House K favor is very nice though and for the RP guy he has kept way too many unique and interesting armor designs I need that bank space to horde them all. As always good session.

Session 13 The Isle of Sorrowdusk
    I vowed despite the debt to the House Kunderak bankers that my duties at the monastery nor the budding relationship of my young companions would not go neglected, but nor could allow the personal debt of the interest of the ransom to devour the monastery and it assets.

I received a message from Dallog writing that the soldiers of house Denith once more had desired our services and where offering good pay to deal with some Ogres. We were to meet up at the Anvilfire Inn located in the northern Dentih district. I arrived as the deal was already being brokered, we had signed on with a dirty brigand by the name of Kurvic folks around these parts called him the Hound. He had booked us passage on the Eye of Kol Korran and we where to sail to the close shores of Sorrowdusk Isles. I was a bit leery about traveling once more by water as the capturing and ransom by the pirates was still too fresh in my mind, however the feeling was offset somewhat by the omen of traveling on a ship named after the god of wealth and I was desperate for the coin.

A few days of good sailing weather on the sea found us just off the Isle of Sorrowdusk. The hound told us we had to get our reward we had to go help some ogres. This did not sit right with me as I recalled some scribing that had been written by the young half breed Fallane about a mission in Tangleroot . I reflected back I had been in a state of prolonged rest but I believe it was at that mission and just shortly before taking his body for good that I had possessed him aided by some Maybarian right the Halfling had performed. I am still not exactly sure how the Halfling had managed to perform the rite of maybar the way he did but it was comforting in trying on the half-elfs skin before I awakened.

I returned to the tasks at hand as my companions and I put our efforts into aiding the Grey moon ogre clan. We helped the ogres deal the the trolls and the enemy clan the nasty black sun ogres. The black sun ogres were brutal combatants with their ‘critical rage’ attacks and challenged us every step of the way. The more we aided the ogres the deeper into the island we progressed and eventually discovered that religious fanatics of the ‘Dark Six’ where ultimately behind the trolls. Personally I had no more issues with the religion of the Dark Six than I did with the Sovereign Host. The Host was trying to give the Six a bad name in public perception and refused to be a pawn in this anymore. I collected my rewards from Buruku and bid my companions fair well as I caught a fishing vessel back to Stormreach harbor. Before returning to the monastery of the Undying Court I stopped off to visit the banker paying off the interest and bringing the total balance owed to 65,672 platinum.

OOC: Holidays, travel and such after this week I won’t get to play again for a few sessions. Take care all see you on my return.

Session 14 Threnal and a pain called Coyal
    I have been busy with various duties at the monetary performing rituals and services for little monetary gain trying to fight the rising interest of the Kunderak banking thieves. I did a few small favors for the Coin Lords and auctioned off some rare precious relics of the church all just to keep the debt from growing.
    I rejoined my companions and it almost seemed as we needed some introductions again.

Kyleria the elven warrior maid had grown both in beauty and skill with her dual blades. She also wore a low cut on her armor a design I am sure her father would not have approved of.
    The Halfling Dallog was still the same as always short, balding of head and more eager to joke around then get down to business.

There was still no word on the feral halfling Scoti I am assuming he has either perished or retired from the lives of adventuring.

It seems in my absence Feyjan has bought her way into a position of some power in the church with the Sovereign Host. Her funds seem endless I could likely ask her for the money to pay off the debt to the Kunderak’s but I would rather be indebted to the filthy dwarves than the conniving drow princess.

It also appears as if our group has picked up another, the mighty orcish barbarian called Kickingwing, I have vague memories of him as mercenary that had traveled with us in the past. If he stays with us I am sure he will be able to be molded to aid our causes further.

And last but definitely not least is the forged being known as Asgorath. His studies have driven him to power and he is very complementary to the entire group. I can see now how devastating a large army of these warforged machines with souls could be in war.

Asgorath had summoned our band and was seeking platinum to further some of his studies. Of course we would all get a share and he had signed us up to go and investigate the ruins of Threnal located a short ways inland west from Stormreach. The pay was supposed to be good that was enough motivation for me and most of the others so we set off at once.

The road to the ruins was plagued with giants and ogres but we drove them off without too much trouble. We arrived in the western ruins and where given a simple task, by Jan Falner, to test our skills. We had to find a dwarf named Derward and deliver some supplies to him deep within an excavation site while at the same time securing the route from monsters. While excavating the diggers had uncovered some spiders and more of minor concern was mephitis, we did not have much problem dealing with either foes and in short time we had the route secured and the supplies delivered.

Jan ordered us to relax at a small cantina at the excavation site while she found some more work for us. It wasn’t too long before she was back to us and was worried about Deward he still hadn’t reported back to her from the time we had delivered the supplies; she wanted us to go back into the expedition site and make sure he was ok. It took some searching and when we found Deward a rescue was in order he had uncovered some old relics and in the mean time unleashed some old horrors; demonic renders. The mephitis we had encountered while delivering the supplies where a warning and the renders put our group to the test. That we bested the demons handily was more proof of how our powers had grown; glimpses of my former glory where starting to show through. After escorting Deward back to the surface he was gratefully we had saved his life and rewarded us minorly with a share of the old relics he had unearthed.

Jan had still not paid us for any of the tasks we had done up until this point and she said that she would reward us ‘healthily’ if we could drive the majority of the demonic flesh renders from the site so they could continue with the excavation. Having faced the demons before we had nothing to fear and after banishing them back to their plane we returned to Jan for our reward. Her idea and our idea of ‘healthy’ rewards where quite a bit different I had no desire to help this woman any more while she benefited greatly excavating lost relics from our work. Asgorath agreed and suggested we seek out more work here. I silently suspected then that his true intentions for bringing us out to Threnal was not for monetary gain but perhaps he was seeking a relic of power he believed to be hidden away in the ruins. It was not a major concern to me and if asked before we had set out I still likely would have come to aid my companion.

Next we met a man by the name of Sal Danel and his team had uncovered an old library within the ruins but had also uncovered a nasty fire reaver prince called Basthuul that he wanted us to banish. We battled our way past the minions Basthuul had attracted and faced off against the mighty demon prince. We had the demon bested and where about to perform the rite to banish him when he laughed at us then disappeared; we all sensed that we had not seen the end of this foe.

Sal’s next task for us was to escort the famed eldritch knight Coyle Lovell to the excavated library. It seemed easier than we first thought it might be. First Coyle was annoying and frail, how he had become famous or lived up until now I will never understand, he made lady Feyjhan look extremely tough in comparison. Second by the time we arrived back to the library the fiend Basthuul had returned and had locked himself inside. Coyle and a few of his personal guards waited near the library entrance while our heroic group separated and explored the ruins searching for a way to open the library. After discovering how to open the library we quickly returned to Coyle and thankful he stood back and let our group deal with Basthuul and again right before we tried to banish him he laughed at us as he disappeared.

Sal informed us that if we could hold the library with Coyle’s aid until he get enough forces their so they could keep the demon Basthuul at bay then he would reward us and let us each take a few small items from the library as a reward. We tried to convince Sal to just let us defend the library from Basthuul without Coyle’s aid and he refused saying that it would be impossible to do without the help of the mighty hero Coyle Lovell. As soon as we arrived at the library we bound and gaged Coyle then knocked him out for his own good, it made the battle against the forces of Basthuul easier and likely saved Coyle’s life. The demon prince grew weary as we dispatched his best foes and he retreated once more though this time he was not laughing I doubt he will be seen again around here there are only so many beating one can endure before you just decide to give up. Ture to his word Sal gave us a small reward and let us take a few small things from the library, Asgortah searched with determination and after taking a book he did not seem to satisfied with said that we should seek out more work in a different area of the ruins.

Our next contact was wife the woman Zaveera Halfspear deep in the excavation site she needed someone to go rescue some rugged Denith warriors she had sent into the excavation mines. It was a long and trying task and our companions split up to try and find the missing company quicker. That was not a good plan and the flesh renders in their nearly ended my existence they were much tougher in battles where they outnumbered us rather than when the odds where even. I lost consciousness and Kylaria gathered my body and found the others where they eventually revived me. We pressed on for quite some time in the twisting mines of the excavation before coming upon a fearsome beholder. A few fell in the fight but we did manage to defeat the beast only. Further on we discovered the corpses of the Denith company I said a funeral right to the undying court and sent their souls on to the after life. We let Asgorath know that we were done with Threnel for the time being and that if we continued at this juncture we might end up this veteran Denith Squad had. If the warforged was at all disapioneted he did not show it we informed Zaveera of the news, she thanked us and said if we ever wanted work that we could look her up.

We headed back to Stormreach and went our separate ways, I know that Asgorath will try to steer us back to the ruins but he is smart and will go about it in a clever manor after some time has passed. I stopped by the Kunderack agent in charge of my debt. I tried to get the loan reduced by offering the relics I had found out in the Threnal ruins she just laughed at me and told me she only wanted coin and that with interest and missing the last payment that the debt was back up to 72,954 platinum. I needed to do something before they foreclosed on the Monestary and took every possession I owned.

OOC: Wow a month off my companions must have thought I was never coming back, thanks for keeping my spot.

Session 15 - In the “Interest” of House Kundarak
    I gathered my companions at the Ever Full Flagon the prestigious tavern in House Kundarak. It was easy to convince them all of the heroics praises and bountiful rewards that would be bestowed if we did some more missions for the ancient Kundarak banking lords. I still had my main driving motive of paying down my dept to the bankers but nonetheless my companions were eager to assist.

We met up with our main contact Marek Malcanus whom was in the employ of Barrow d'Kundarak. Marek tasked us with attempting to reunite his old mercenary band the Laughing Knives. The first member of the mercenaries was none other than the legendary dwarven Arms Master Dirge of Karrnath.

Unlike the last hero we had been teamed with Dirge was a bloody thirsty warrior with a nasty reputation of seeing his foes dead, I could respect Marek’s choice to try and get this figure back on the payroll. We found Dirge easy enough but his price was high he wanted the fabled “Oath of Droaam”, a minor artifact great axe. He even told us where we could find it, it was being held in a highly secretive arena of Tharashk of which he provided us direction too. We encountered many bugbears enroute to the Tharashk Arena. When we arrived we had to bully our way into the lists and ended up fighting in the Arena, we kept win bout after bout then the masters of the arena fearing of losing the axe to us sent their combined might of arena gladiators against us. We dispatched the combined might easy enough and lastly they sent the arena champion Deadheart the Unbeaten and his sidekick to face off against us. Deadheart had a few tricks but his name would not hold against our potent group. We snatched the axe and had to fight our way out of the arena against the spectators, angered hordes of monsters enraged and foolish they beset us trying in vain to avenge their fallen heroes. There was some debate as to whether to give up the “Oath of Droaam” and fail our quest to recruit the mercenary Dirge but we were bound by honor and a sense of justice prevailed we handed over the ax to an extremely pleased Dirge and then sought out Marek for our next quest.

Next Marek sent us to recruit the elven sorceress Mistress Orphne. Upon arriving at her home her protector Shen Kulle informed us she would likely help but had fallen ill and was trapped him her own mind. By quaffing a powerful magical drink we were able to enter her mind and free her from the trap whereby she agreed to rejoin her old band. Orphnes mind was filled with great perils but it was only a dream and lucky for that or some of us surely would have perished.

Mareks next quest took some time to complete we had to track down the drow huntress called Veil. I am uncertain if she was more rouge or ranger perhaps a bit of both but she did not want to be found and it was reviled in our looking for her that it was not us she was hiding from but rather a power Maruat known as the Inevitable. It took many days to finally track Veil to her remote lair deep within the Jungles of Kyber, when we finally caught up with her it was mere minutes before the Inevitable. She agreed to join her old mercenary company again only if we defeated the Maraut. The battle against the Inevitable was tough but we persevered and it seemed that Veil had once again avoided death. The journey out of the jungles was much less uneventful and we had much time to reflect on our past adventures and how far we had come.
    We decided to break our group for a few days and re-gear and study before perusing Marek’s final member of the Laughing Knives. The banker via word from Barrow d'Kundarak was kind enough to hold a few interest payments on the debt leaving me still at a balance owing of 72,954 platinum.

OOC: Von2 was a little rough not sure what it was exactly but the mephitis and getting blown off seemed worse than I recall in recent memories. Von 3 was pretty smooth good game as always.
    Last edited by dragons1ayer74; 08-09-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Updating the story. Also attempting to fix the many grammatical errors and run on sentences!

I vote for Fallane to be the official story-teller of Team Tuesday!

Valtrun giggles and runs off into the busy crowd of the Harbor.

Dont worry, Feyjhan will return to Tuesday, she was actually out shopping in the Marketplace. "I cant believe you fell for my little sister's antics about ME being kidnapped. By kobolds? In a sewer? Rediculous! Wait... now my other sister is in Stormreach? Well let's move the whole Kingdom over here while we're at it! Hmmph, atleast there arent any humans bothering me..."

Catricia is always one step behind in her search for Fey. "I must return her home, the family is in an uproar!" She is being secretive as to why... "And now Valtrun is here? Oh no, she must be somehow responsible for all these false leads I am getting!"

mostly ooc> I'll attempt to keep my rp in text, and use voice for everything else. I have never heard the DM in Threnal, so I dont know if that's good or bad @.@ I've always played female toons, because I'd rather look at the backside of a woman for several hours, than pretend I am an avatar of that person.

Although still not happy about the two near wipes we had. Both utter party wipes came so close and hung on nothing but a very fine balance and more than a little luck.

The first wipe was a bit foreseeable in meta game fashion; in the dungeon on elite for whatever reason the party had explored every possible way except the way to the shrine and had back tracked only fully clearing one of three paths that had a pitched fight with a very strong named ogre at the end of it. Every resource spent from healing potion to Mnemic potion to even potions of shield of faith and still two strong encounters to go with every one at less than 50% health, it was a valiant effort but a full wipe was the result a half encounter from the shrine. The suggestion of all recalling out and running back for a save by one of the members really did not sit well with me; although when not role-playing this is 100% acceptable and the stuff that does happen and I am fine with it. A Korthus Island Siberies cake and prayer to the Undying Court later in conjunction with a well timed use of an expeditious retreat clikie and a mad dash for bodies and a shrine and we recovered.

The second wipe was very avoidable and fully unnecessary and came at a time where that type of stuff happens; at the end of the quest when you know you are wrapping up and get a little careless, or let your guard down a little too much.

From my perspective, elite was JUST a bit too challenging for a four man group with only one legitimate melee. We could have supplemented with hirelings, but we had the classic four player balance - fighter, thief, cleric, wiz.

The first party wipe was completely avoidable. Our SPs were gone, our HPs were no better than 50%, and the odds of getting through all those kobolds were slim. We could have recalled and re-entered on a lower setting. We could have had two players recall and return with necessary resources to finish the quest (hirelings, pots, wands, whatever). We could have asked a guildy for help and waited for the cavalry.

All of those options, in my opinion, are completely legitimate in terms of role play. But we rolled the dice and died. I'm not sorry we rolled the dice. Watching Fallane spring back to life (from his Korthos cake) and sprint like the d1ckens to get us to safety was epic. He shouldn't have made it, but he did. I was elated. So I don't consider that a party wipe since we used the tools we had available to finish without hitting the DDO store or recalling due to death.

The second near-wipe was the sloppiest and also avoidable. We were tired, knew the quest was close to the end, but we mis-managed aggro against the scorpions. Our fighter went down first, and then they went after the casters. The thief foolishly ran after the scorps trying to take them down instead of switching to a ranged weapon to pull aggro off the casters.

Imagine a conga line of back-pedaling casters, angry scorpions, and a tiny hair-challenged halfling swinging at thin air running up the sewer ramps, each chasing the other and the casters desperately trying to survive.

But the halfling never landed a blow, the casters went down, and we all died... but wait! As our arcane lay there bleeding out on the cold stone of the sewer floor, magic happened! He stabilized! At negative 9!

All of a sudden we had a chance! Miraculously our Wizard dodged the remaining scorps to gather all three of our soul stones and then sprinted like Karl Lewis back to the shrine.

So instead of a wipe, we now had an epic tale to rejoice over ales at the Wavecrest (though I'm partial to the Lobster's bitters). I was exhausted but elated. I didn't have any more energy to play, so my char just sort of walked around the harbor in a daze until I remembered to level.

I'm sad that some comrades get frustrated by the same events that I find the most thrilling. Not that I think they are wrong, I just feel so great about it I want them to feel the same way. It's just a difference of opinion I suppose. But then they don't hand out medals of honor for 'kinda tough', and they don't sing songs and tell tales over the run of the mill. (Imagine "Beowulf" re-written as "To strive, to seek, to find, and never to yield... unless it's too hard.")

But seriously, I think this is also a positive from both a player and role-play perspective. We learned our limits and our characters learned their limits. Next time our party will probably seriously consider our other options (turn back, hire a hireling if short-manned, lower the difficulty level to hard instead of elite, or drastically change our strategy and discuss beforehand how we will handle ambushes or unexpected aggro). It's the bloody noses that teach you how to fight.

I'm proud of what our group accomplished - especially in the face of such odds, and overall I found the evening fun, enjoyable, and, at the end, thrilling. I thought the pace was good, and I thought the role-playing was pretty good. I had a good sense of accomplishment at the end of Tuesday's run which I found lacking last Sunday.

Keep up the good work guys. Can't wait to do it again next week!
    Last edited by Postumus; 11-17-2010 at 05:45 PM.

One thing about WW2 really revealed was this when we where all out of resources and still a far way to go to get to shrine, we probably should have fallen back and retreated as a group. We where at a point when we could have quite easily recalled fallen back to the shrine in the east side of water works explore area regrouped and came back in fresh but for a few reasons we did not. I thought about the reasons a bit myself after the fact and a lot of it was xp conditioning and the stigma of re-entry plus we would have needed to meta game an instance hold and re-group to avoid the computer repopulating every thing we had explored ether that or throw away 20 minutes and face the challenges again possible skipping the ogre but still needing to deal with the elite slimes.

Lastly the cpu DM shows no mercy; in PnP the DM might let up a bit if it knows the players have tried hard and give them a bit of a break. In DDO the DM will do its best to kill you whether you are at a 100% health or 1% health. If you are struggling or mopping up the dungeon the difficulty does not change.

I didn't see this before I posted, but I think you are dead on the money dragons1ayer74. I think if we had been more immersed in our characters we wouldn't have thought twice about getting the heck out of there and being happy we survived. I came THIS CLOSE to suggesting it. I should have. But, like I said in my lengthy dissertation above, I think we learned some valuable lessons.

Next time Dallog will take the course of caution... unless he smells treasure around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post

Dont worry, Feyjhan will return to Tuesday, she was actually out shopping in the Marketplace. "I cant believe you fell for my little sister's antics about ME being kidnapped. By kobolds? In a sewer? Rediculous!

So now we don't have to go to Shan-To-Kor to look for her? Whew!

So now we don't have to go to Shan-To-Kor to look for her? Whew!
    We wont be going there to look for her, she will be leading us along to find something of importance. Perhaps a fabled jewel ring with nothing but a minor gaurdian to overcome.

Perhaps a fabled jewel ring with nothing but a minor gaurdian to overcome.
    Does it have diamonds on it?

Dont worry, Valtrun is going to torment the ones on Thursdays and Saturdays and random days between. Feyjhan is returning to Tuesday, Catricia to Sundays. I'm just wondering if another sister is going to show up, to keep Val from out-leveling everyone!

The fact that none of us had to resort to recalling, and we finished, was amazing. I had no idea Fallane had a trick up his sleeve the first time, and I thought lag hit me when I saw I went from -9 to -4, then suddenly I was stabilized when everyone was "unconcious". I was seriously looking around, or expecting my connection to DC because it didnt look right. Then WHOOSH, I run like a chicken with my head cut off, firing 3 missing cold rays and the 4th connecting that last scorpion. I was litterally panicking at the keyboard!

Valtrun says, "That'll teach them to underestimate me! I'll get that Fallane, for calling me fat! Oh look, a kitty!"

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast