Hit Points: 272
    Spell Points: 483 
    BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
    Fortitude: 14
    Reflex: 18
    Will: 8

Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats         Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 20)           (Level 20)
    Strength             16                 16                   16
    Dexterity            16                 21                   23
    Constitution         14                 14                   15
    Intelligence          8                  8                    8
    Wisdom               14                 14                   14
    Charisma              8                  8                    8

Ending           
                     Base Skills        
    Skills           (Level 20)         
    Balance              17             
    Diplomacy            10             
    Jump                 26             
    Spot                 25             
    Tumble                7             
    Use Magic Device     10             

Feats
    Feat (Level 1): (Half-Elf Dilettante) Half-Elf Dilettante: Monk
    Feat (Level 1): (Selected) Point Blank Shot
    Feat (Level 3): (Selected) Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons
    Feat (Level 6): (Selected) Mental Toughness
    Feat (Level 9): (Selected) Toughness
    Feat (Level 12): (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
    Feat (Level 15): (Selected) Weapon Finesse
    Feat (Level 18): (Selected) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons
    Feat (Level 1): (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead
    Feat (Level 5): (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Construct
    Feat (Level 10): (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Aberration
    Feat (Level 15): (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider
    Feat (Level 20): (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Dragon

Enhancements
    Enhancement: Ranger Sprint Boost I
    Enhancement: Arcane Archer: Arrows
    Enhancement: Ranger Master of Archery
    Enhancement: Improved Monk Dilettante III
    Enhancement: Human Adaptability Dexterity I
    Enhancement: Human Greater Adaptability Constitution I
    Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery II
    Enhancement: Human Versatility IV
    Enhancement: Half-Elf Improved Recovery II
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness III
    Enhancement: Ranger Favored Damage III
    Enhancement: Ranger Favored Defense I
    Enhancement: Ranger Favored Resistance I
    Enhancement: Ranger Arcane Archer I
    Enhancement: Ranger Arcane Archer: Conjure +5 Arrows
    Enhancement: Ranger Devotion IV
    Enhancement: Ranger Energy of the Wild II
    Enhancement: Ranger Dexterity I
    The build rationale:
    • It is mainly focused on survivability.
    • Instead of maxing Dex, I put 16 on Str and 16 on Dex for extra damage and more Con.
    • I went for Human Versatility, instead of Favored Enemy enhancements (attack, damage, defense and resistance).
    • Monk Dilettante gives me +5 AC through Wis, and +20 Healing Amplification.
    • I couldn't go for Ranger Dexterity III, because I couldn't find 10 AP without compromising Healing Amplification or AC; I just don't see the benefit in trading 5 AC for +1 in Dex Mod.
    • Favored Enemy selection may vary if you have a better proposal for that one.
    • Not sure if I should wait until level 9 to get Toughness, or get it earlier and then becoming AA at level 9.
    • I chose True Neutral alignment for the extra AC and Saves.

Let me know what you guys think, throw in any suggestion please.

I look forward to running with you next Tuesday.

Default Suggestions for Aurtheis

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=361172

Aurtheis posted this build on the forums, he expects comments and suggestions, so please drop by and leave a few words of advice for him.

Talking

You can find the thread of the new Thursday Group here.

I wish you all a nice and fun journey.

Default Welcome Oilfan73

Look forward to a new static group to be created by you!
    Last edited by Thoom; 06-30-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Community Member

Default New static group idea

I was thinking of a "new" startic group idea for our guild. What I was thinking was a fresh start live-off-the-land group. This group would be restricted by not being able to use any crafted gear as well as prohibited from using the Auction House. All items purchased and sold can be allowed through the barkeeps and vendors only. Trading of loot could only happen with characters within the group and money could not be transferred from alts.

I don't have any specified day or time that I'd run the group. I find the idea interesting as it reminds me of old style PnP of opening up a chest and actually finding worthwhile items inside and passing around other items that you can't use to characters in the group. I don't know how realistic the game style is to this game or even if there's any interest in that sort of thing. I'm just seeing how much interest is out there.

Here would be the basic rules:
    1. No buying or selling from the Aution House (only vendors/barkeeps are permitted).
    2. No crafting.
    3. No transfer of items, money, etc. from characters outside the static group.
    4. Starting level 1 (though, if no one wants to start from 1 we could start at 4).

That's basically it. Of course, ensuring that everyone follows the rules would be based on the honor system. If there is enough interest we could even consider some "permadeath" style where the number of deaths is limited by your CON stat.

At any rate, if this interests you, let me know and if there's enough interest I'll put it together.

Quick updates:

Team Monday:

Jriggs - Drow 18 FvS
    Krysannya - Half-elf 18 Cleric
    Lisuna - Half elf(?) 18 Bard
    Cassinii - HUM 18 Sorc
    Condylus Half-Elf 18 Drunk (not druid/monk, but actual D-R-U-N-K)

Team Monday is a fairly new group that started this year. We're rapidly approaching 20 and should be in Eveningstar for Epic play around January.

Team Tuesday:

Still has 4 of the original 6 members after more than TWO YEARS when we first founded Drawn By Fate! Woo hoo!

Feyjhan - TR - WF 20/4 sorc/epic
    Dallog - TR - WF 18/2/4 art/rog/epic
    Asgorath- TR - WF 16/2/2/3 sorc/pal/rog/epic
    Kickingwing - TR - WF 18/2/4 fvs/ftr/epic

We lost Kylaeria (moved on from DDO), her replacement Moonhuntress (moved on from DDO), and our crazy, bloodthirsty, sword stroking paladin has been MIA with RL conflicts. On the upside Moonhuntress' replacement, Toarack - TR - HUM 18/2/3 pal/ftr/epic, has fit right in.

We are almost done with all of the Eveningstar content with only the Harper's chain and possibly the CiTW raid left to do. Then we plan to TR (AGAIN!) and do it all over again. If our wandering Paladin hasn't returned by then, we'll probably be on the lookout for a new recruit to fill the sixth slot in the group. A TR would be helpful since the rest of us will be on our third life, but if the player is fine banking levels until the rest of us level, I'm sure a first life character would be fine.

Team Wednesday (whose exploits are recorded in this thread) is our guild's first attempt at permadeath style, no-twink play to get a bit of the flavor of old PnP.

Team Thursday:

Kielynn - HUM - 20 rog
    Nacolito - Half-Elf 18/2 cleric/ftr
    Skularis - WF 19 cleric
    Jinaiy - HUM (?) TR4 20 monk
    Valtrun - Drow - TR2 19 wiz

Team Thursday also began this year (IIRC) and has speedily reached 20 (with lots of side farming by the TRs). We're just finishing the Stealer of Souls chain and then it looks like we'll be in Eveningstar soon. If we TR, it looks like we will have an open slot for anyone who is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Quick updates:

Team Monday:

Jriggs - Drow 18 FvS
    Cassinii - HUM 18 Sorc

I'm surprised you forgot the rogue.

Merry Christmas.

You expect a drunk to remember a rogue? Heck, half the time even I forget i'm in the group. What day is this again?

(Merry Christmas)

Quote Originally Posted by Warhulk View Post
    I'm surprised you forgot the rogue.

Merry Christmas.
    Whoops!

Team Monday:

Jriggs - Drow 18 FvS
    Cassinii - HUM 18 Sorc

AND (drumroll......) BOLZEN! - WF - 18 Rogue Extraordinaire

Merry Christmas all!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post
    You expect a drunk to remember a rogue? Heck, half the time even I forget i'm in the group. What day is this again?

(Merry Christmas)
    Half the time I'm not even role playing. Now my wife is used to me starting cocktail hour early on Mondays.

Community Member

Default Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Nice guild update.

I just wanted to shoutout to all the guildies, especially all of you that I run with on all those static group nights; Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May your XP be great and your loot be bountiful! You guys all make this a top notch guild!

See you in 2013!

Hi

Since I'm not sure Gelora has found this thread yet, I thought I should stop by and introduce our little group. We've got a static group that meets on Saturdays (10am pacific time) to do some light RP, new-player friendly questing. As much as possible, we go with a no-spoilers approach, so the first-timers in the group can properly enjoy the experience. We're currently level 5, with a barbarian (Gelora), cleric (Cyrean), fighter (Ragma), and possibly a sorceror (Azzrune) [not sure if the sorceror is still with us as he's been out of touch for a couple of weeks now]. We could really use a rogue or artificer, but anyone would be welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    Hi

Since I'm not sure Gelora has found this thread yet, I thought I should stop by and introduce our little group. We've got a static group that meets on Saturdays (10am pacific time) to do some light RP, new-player friendly questing. As much as possible, we go with a no-spoilers approach, so the first-timers in the group can properly enjoy the experience. We're currently level 5, with a barbarian (Gelora), cleric (Cyrean), fighter (Ragma), and possibly a sorceror (Azzrune) [not sure if the sorceror is still with us as he's been out of touch for a couple of weeks now]. We could really use a rogue or artificer, but anyone would be welcome

Who is leading the group now? Typically we have the static group leaders as officers so they can recruit members of their group without waiting for another officer to be online. We had Speo as an officer, but it appears he is now out of the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Who is leading the group now? Typically we have the static group leaders as officers so they can recruit members of their group without waiting for another officer to be online. We had Speo as an officer, but it appears he is now out of the picture?
    Yes, Speo had to leave. I would make Gelora (forum name Quizzie) the leader, she's better at recruiting than I am
    Last edited by Arianrhod; 01-05-2013 at 05:56 PM.

I will remedy that in just a few minutes, Gelora it is then. Good luck with your group, I hope to hear some tall tales from you all!

Valtrun

Greetings, I am Gelora and it looks like I'm the leader now.

Thanks for making me the officer. Our sorcerer will be re-rolling a trapper, so we might not need a new rogue after all. But we still have one or two open spots for anybody who is interested in our play-style.
    Even though this is the first time I read the guild guidelines, I think we were following them all along.

Default The glorious Gelora

Guidelines are guidelines, not the law. Drawn By Fate is a home for people to make their own story without having to start a guild of their own. No one will step on your toes on the rules you set for your group. The ONLY rule I personally have is the player name limitation. I swear to Lolth that I better not see a goofy name of xxMariahCareyxx in our guild.

Any special rules you set for your team is your rules and no one outside of your group has influence on how you run your team. Welcome to DBF, we all await grand tales of your exploits!

Valtrun

Thank you for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post
    The ONLY rule I personally have is the player name limitation. I swear to Lolth that I better not see a goofy name of xxMariahCareyxx in our guild.
    Yes! I hate those "witty" names! Every Leggoolas23 and PVPmaster really gets on my nerve. None of those will come to the guild through fault of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzie View Post
    Greetings, I am Gelora and it looks like I'm the leader now.

Thanks for making me the officer. Our sorcerer will be re-rolling a trapper, so we might not need a new rogue after all. But we still have one or two open spots for anybody who is interested in our play-style.
    Even though this is the first time I read the guild guidelines, I think we were following them all along.

Awesome! I'm glad your merry band is still continuing! Static groups seem to suffer a lot of turnover the first six months or so until they settle down.

If there is anything you need or any information you want let us know. We have a guild crafter (Mansoor) if you have any crafting requests or questions just send him an in game email. Everyone is welcome to whatever is in the guild chest, and you are welcome to put things in the chest you think others might use (just don't use it as personal storage as it gets cleaned out periodically to help finance the ship buffs).

We have people who play at all times, so if you are open to accepting the occasional 'freelancer' to your group, you can probably get a few folks to drop by now and then. If you want to try a raid or something particularly difficult, just put a note in the guild message of the day inviting people to join you.

Great to have you and hope your quests continue to be enjoyable!

Default Team Tuesday

We talked a bit about whether we should go ahead and TR or wait until Epic Gianthold and the consensus seems to be TR now and not necessarily wait for epic GH.

Personally I'd like to run Shroud one more time, or at least farm part 1 and part 2 a couple of times to get some shards for Dallog so I can actually have some greensteel gear for life #3. Other than that, I'm ready to TR whenever.

Anyone else have any quests, chains, raids they want to run once more before we TR?

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast