Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Buddrow View Post
    I found a build I like and would appreciate some feedback. I am building a dual Kopesh weilding Warforged Kensai Barbarian.

Around level 15 I can go for Frenzied Berserker but I would have to choose power cleave over Improved critical or power critical. I can also sacrifice some skill points in jump and swim. I will need more balance, but should I dump some in repair?
    As I've never played a barbarian (save one to level 7) and I've also never played a Warforged, so I can't offer much advice. From what I can see, I think the build looks to be pretty good.

In regards to skill points, I wouldn't bother putting anything in Repair skill. The benefit from it wouldn't be much, nothing a little repair spell can't fix. I would put more points in your Balance skill like you mentioned as it's tough doing damage while laying down on your back.

Looking forward to seeing the build progress.

I found a build I like and would appreciate some feedback. I am building a dual Kopesh weilding Warforged Kensai Barbarian.

Around level 15 I can go for Frenzied Berserker but I would have to choose power cleave over Improved critical or power critical. I can also sacrifice some skill points in jump and swim. I will need more balance, but should I dump some in repair?
    I think your original idea of 12/6 rgr barb might be a good way to go for a twf kopesh build since you won't need the higher dex and you get all the twf enhancements for free, you'll be able to self heal somewhat, and you'll have evasion. Not sure how that fits into Kickingwing's love of the sea, but I'm sure you'll figure out an appropriate story line.

For the Kensai/Frenzy build, I'd not put any APs into repair, but put them in balance or jump instead. Even spot before repair. (or swim for flavor ).

I would pass on great cleave since you'll get Supreme Cleave at level 12 and it is spammable to the point you won't need to use any other cleave ever again. With the amount of available healing in the party, you should be a whirlwind of death.

I also recommend not taking toughness at L1, but take the past life feat Berzerker's Fury at level 3. That feat gives you an immediate +20hp, +2 intimidate, +1 extra rage per rest, and opens all of the toughness enhancements lines just as if you took the toughness feat.
    Last edited by Postumus; 11-07-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Cool

Cleave is req for frenzy prestige. Also the feats req for tempest prestige doesnt leave room for berserker. It has Power attack at level 15 which I am not excited about. I do like the idea of dumping toughness for the past life, which can give me Power attack at level 1 (yes)!! Some enhancements wont stack I found out which will also free them up for fighter haste boost, so I can imitate a tempest 20 seconds at a time. I am looking forward to all the bonuses I should be getting to my criticals.

Cleave is req for frenzy prestige. Also the feats req for tempest prestige doesnt leave room for berserker. It has Power attack at level 15 which I am not excited about. I do like the idea of dumping toughness for the past life, which can give me Power attack at level 1 (yes)!! Some enhancements wont stack I found out which will also free them up for fighter haste boost, so I can imitate a tempest 20 seconds at a time. I am looking forward to all the bonuses I should be getting to my criticals.
    Yeah cleave is required, but not great cleave which is what I thought you were considering.

Default Dallog Part Deux

So here is basically what I'm thinking for Dallog's next life. 17/3 Artificer/Rogue.

With the rogue past life, he'll actually have better trap skills, great UMD (around 36 with gear, in the forties with arti bonuses), and since we'll all be warforged, he can be a secondary healer with his repair lines and scroll/wand ability maxed out.

If he plays out anything like the other artis I've been running, he'll be one of the party's main DPS characters until around level 7/8 when the casters will begin to shine; then he will shift into more of a support role with buffing, healing, traps, and ranged dps.

(this is my first time using the planner, so some things like tome use and feat selection might be out of sequence)

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.11.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

d d
    Level 20 True Neutral Warforged Male
    (3 Rogue \ 17 Artificer) 
    Hit Points: 312
    Spell Points: 1158 
    BAB: 14\14\19\24
    Fortitude: 12
    Reflex: 16
    Will: 11

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (34 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength              8                    10
    Dexterity            13                    14
    Constitution         16                    20
    Intelligence         18                    27
    Wisdom                9                    10
    Charisma             10                    12

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 1
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 14
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 20
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 20

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 20)
    Balance               5                    26
    Bluff                 0                     3
    Concentration         3                    30
    Diplomacy             4                    25
    Disable Device        8                    33
    Haggle                0                     3
    Heal                  0                     2
    Hide                  5                     8
    Intimidate            0                     3
    Jump                  3                    13.5
    Listen                0                     2
    Move Silently         5                     8
    Open Lock             5                    27
    Perform               n/a                   n/a
    Repair                4                    10
    Search                8                    33
    Spot                  4                    25
    Swim                  3                     6
    Tumble                5                     8
    Use Magic Device      4                    30

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Rogue
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training I
    Enhancement: Rogue Improved Trap Sense I
    Enhancement: Warforged Construct Thinking I

Level 2 (Artificer)
    Enhancement: Artificer Energy Resistance Boost I
    Enhancement: Artificer Crossbow Damage I
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation I

Level 3 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Past Life: Sneak of Shadows
    Enhancement: Rogue Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Rogue Electric Trap Lore I
    Enhancement: Warforged Constitution I

Level 4 (Artificer)
    Enhancement: Artificer Improved Rune Arm Use I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I
    Enhancement: Reconstructive Spellcasting I
    Enhancement: Artificer Wand and Scroll Mastery I

Level 5 (Artificer)
    Enhancement: Improved Use Magic Device I
    Enhancement: Mighty Reconstruction I
    Enhancement: Artificer Intelligence I

Level 6 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Insightful Reflexes
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Precise Shot
    Enhancement: Artificer Damage Boost I
    Enhancement: Artificer Crossbow Attack I

Level 7 (Artificer)
    Enhancement: Artificer Damage Boost II
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation II
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation III
    Enhancement: Warforged Hardiness I

Level 8 (Artificer)
    Enhancement: Artificer Battle Engineer I

Level 9 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Mighty Reconstruction II

Level 10 (Artificer)
    Enhancement: Artificer Crossbow Damage II
    Enhancement: Artificer Rune Arm Overcharge I

Level 11 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
    Enhancement: Artificer Improved Rune Arm Use II
    Enhancement: Improved Use Magic Device II
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation IV

Level 12 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Rapid Shot
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness III
    Enhancement: Mighty Reconstruction III

Level 13 (Artificer)

Level 14 (Artificer)
    Enhancement: Improved Use Magic Device III
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation V
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation VI
    Enhancement: Artificer Intelligence II
    Enhancement: Artificer Wand Heightening I

Level 15 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Quicken Spell
    Enhancement: Mighty Reconstruction IV
    Enhancement: Artificer Wand and Scroll Mastery II

Level 16 (Artificer)
    Enhancement: Warforged Constitution II

Level 17 (Artificer)
    Enhancement: Artificer Crossbow Attack II
    Enhancement: Artificer Wand and Scroll Mastery III

Level 18 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness IV

Level 19 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Maximize Spell
    Enhancement: Artificer Wand and Scroll Mastery IV

Level 20 (Artificer)
    Enhancement: Rogue Fire Trap Lore I
    Enhancement: Improved Use Magic Device IV
    Enhancement: Mighty Reconstruction V
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation VII
    Last edited by Postumus; 11-09-2011 at 03:33 AM.

I am concerned playing a melee WF since AC is so low; any suggestions on how to compensate?

Also what color is everyone going to be? I want to save the embarrassment of wearing the same docent as Feyjhan.
    Last edited by Buddrow; 11-09-2011 at 02:44 PM.

I am concerned playing a melee WF since AC is so low; any suggestions on how to compensate?

Also what color is everyone going to be? I want to save the embarrassment of wearing the same docent as Feyjhan.
    I think you can compensate by focusing more on DR than AC. With adamantine body and taking the DR enhancements for both WF and barb, y can easily have a standing DR of 7 or more.

If you chose to drop Barb levels and went ftr/rog you could also go true neutral and pick up evasion and use greater stability or superior stability items and the defender pre. There's a build called Big Rock Candy Mountain that might give you some ideas.

As a WF you'll be able to be healed by any of the five of us. As a fleshie melee, you're primary source of healing will be Fallane's FvS and whatever SF pots you've stockpiled. Also as a fleshie you could consider a high healing amp build so you could make the most of wand and scroll heals from the rest of us.

Found a Pirate build for Kickinwing. Check it out: Pirate Build

So I scheduled guild raids for Chronoscope, Shroud, and Abbot but I have a couple of suggestions about Chronoscope and Shroud and would like to get some feedback.

Chronoscope:

Scheduled to run this Sunday at 12pm ESt (or 12:30 EST) is a level 6 raid at level. If the early static group has 100% turn out, we're looking at 6 Fvs, 6 Wiz, 6 Pal, 6 Art, 6 Rog, and 5 Bard. It will be a very difficult endeavor to short-man this at level.

We have a few options:

1- postpone the raid until we are around level 8

2- invite the later Sunday group to join in which would add a L15 cleric, L15 rog, L15 Wiz, and L15 Pal. We could beef up the difficulty level to hard or elite, but nobody would be getting any xps.

3- put out a general invite for the raid on the forums and in game for another RP guild or players interested in RP to join our ranks.

SHROUD

Scheduled to run Tuesday, 11/2 10pm EST.

Again we'd be short manning this raid with a 20rog, 20wiz, 20clr, 20fvs, 20ftr, 20barb. Even on normal it will be a challenge. It sounds as though the later Sunday group won't be ready for this raid until around Christmas since they are still in Gianthold, and I know of only one other free agent, Brighthelm L20 clr, who is Shroud ready.

Since Team Tuesday will probably TR before Christmas, that's only seven players for Shroud max. We can try to team up with another RP guild to run this,and/or have an open invite to anyone who'd like to participate in an RP run of Shroud.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post

Chronoscope:

Scheduled to run this Sunday at 12pm ESt (or 12:30 EST) is a level 6 raid at level. If the early static group has 100% turn out, we're looking at 6 Fvs, 6 Wiz, 6 Pal, 6 Art, 6 Rog, and 5 Bard. It will be a very difficult endeavor to short-man this at level.

We have a few options:

1- postpone the raid until we are around level 8

2- invite the later Sunday group to join in which would add a L15 cleric, L15 rog, L15 Wiz, and L15 Pal. We could beef up the difficulty level to hard or elite, but nobody would be getting any xps.

3- put out a general invite for the raid on the forums and in game for another RP guild or players interested in RP to join our ranks.
    My opinion would be to postpone the raid until level 8. I've yet to hear from the bard if he's still active or not so as it stands, it would be the 5 of us. Even at level 8, it would be a challenge for sure. I would like to get other guildies involved as well, but on the same hand it would be nice to gain some XP and able to contribute to the group. Putting out an "LFM" in game/forums might not be a bad idea. The few times I've ran that quest, however, it was always difficult to get at-level groups as everyone wanted to make it a high level loot run.

Again, that's just my opinion. I would absolutely go along with the other group members.

SHROUD

Scheduled to run Tuesday, 11/2 10pm EST.

Again we'd be short manning this raid with a 20rog, 20wiz, 20clr, 20fvs, 20ftr, 20barb. Even on normal it will be a challenge. It sounds as though the later Sunday group won't be ready for this raid until around Christmas since they are still in Gianthold, and I know of only one other free agent, Brighthelm L20 clr, who is Shroud ready.

Since Team Tuesday will probably TR before Christmas, that's only seven players for Shroud max. We can try to team up with another RP guild to run this,and/or have an open invite to anyone who'd like to participate in an RP run of Shroud.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    I've never ran this quest before so I'm unsure on the difficulty with running it short-manned. If it can be done, and Brighthelm would be able to help out, great. Otherwise, I would be fine with inviting other RPers to join up.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kinryu View Post
    My opinion would be to postpone the raid until level 8. I've yet to hear from the bard if he's still active or not so as it stands, it would be the 5 of us. Even at level 8, it would be a challenge for sure. I would like to get other guildies involved as well, but on the same hand it would be nice to gain some XP and able to contribute to the group. Putting out an "LFM" in game/forums might not be a bad idea. The few times I've ran that quest, however, it was always difficult to get at-level groups as everyone wanted to make it a high level loot run.

Again, that's just my opinion. I would absolutely go along with the other group members.
    I second Kinryu's opinion. Hail our leader! :3

Default RP raids

I think inviting another RP static group would be the funnest option.

I agree. If we were able to have an "alliance" with another RP guild that would be great not only for thiese runs but future raids as well. I would cetainly support this.

Found a Pirate build for Kickinwing. Check it out: Pirate Build
    I have decided to go WF FVS. I am debating wither or not to get healing amps or even heal spells at all. I should still be able to use wands and scrolls, but I think focusing on melee enhancements and buffs will give the character an interesting flavor and story. STR, CON, and CHA will be the highest scores. I will dump DEX but pick up Cats grace at level 4 to compensate balance skill and reflex saves. I shall then follow a THF feat path leaving behind any prestige enhancement.

Kickingwing finds himself dumbfounded as to how he became Warforged and Favored, and at his inability to spontaneously cast healing spells. (I thought that was all you holy warriors were good for....W T H)

Kickingwing also remembers vividly his fleshly life and ponders the events that led to his new creation; for those events he cannot remember. He also refers to the Creation Forge as Momma.

Good lord, you havent even heard the story I got in mind for how we (those that do) become warforged yet. It ties up loose ends and mysteries pretty good on how you can change your class, just wait and see :P

Hey Kick, have you ever pondered a dark monk? Postmus and I pretty much pondered that at the same time. If not, I could either go with a water savant, or go dark monk to throw some more flavor into our class selections. I have run a light monk up to 16, so it's just a bit more button mashing that I'm sorta used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post
    Good lord, you havent even heard the story I got in mind for how we (those that do) become warforged yet. It ties up loose ends and mysteries pretty good on how you can change your class, just wait and see :P
    I for one am anxious to find out about this story.

This sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post
    I heard your story. It sounded like the opiate fueled dreams of a fevered madman. But whatever works.

Quote Originally Posted by buddrow View Post
    he also refers to the creation forge as momma.
    lol

Default Congrats to Team Tuesday!

Congrats to Team Tuesday for being the first DBF static group to make it to level 20!

We've been together a little over a year now, and it has been a great adventure filled with good times!

We took on the Chronoscope undermanned at level and survived. We short manned DQ, VoN (on our second try), and Reaver's Fate and were victorious. But it's really the little things I will remember most.

For instance, I'll never forget when our cheery little half-elven cleric got drunk on too many Dirty Kobolds. In an attempt to drown his sorrows after failing to protect the Binder family, he got drunk, danced on the bar, flirted with Feyjhan, then turned into a maniacal killer who made our party slaughter every last member of the Sharn Syndicate.

Another time Fallane, after his transformation into a cold, death obsessed egomaniacal spirit of the Undying Court, showed us all his softer side by romancing the Dead Girl outside Delera's Tomb.

Then there was the time Feyjhan pulled that lever in Big Top triggering a sonic trap that wiped 2/3 of the party. Sonic damage to the face FTW!

Or the time we caught Asgorath and Kylaeria making out behind the mailbox on the airship despite Ky's protestations that she was only trying to revive him with mouth to mouth.

And I'll always be thankful to Kickingwing who joined our group and brought his Barbarian prowess to bear against our foes... up until he decided hightailing it back at Reaver's Fate to craft his dragontouched armor was more important than helping the rest of us face Sorjek.

Good times... looking forward to TRing together and see what happens next!
    Last edited by Postumus; 11-16-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast