Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 95
  1. #41
    Community Member Thoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    174

    Default

    switch my Elf to Drow, I can pull it off either way as an Evoker build

  2. #42
    Community Member galei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    85

    Default

    see as how i cant role drow nor warforged on sarlona ill roll as a halfling.

  3. #43
    Community Member Postumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Wheloon
    Posts
    6,872

    Default

    I also like 'Drawn by Fate.'


    In a way it is a double-entendre since it might also refer to the 2d graphical nature of the game, but I suppose "Rendered" would be the more accurate term... it just doesn't sound as good.

  4. #44

    Default

    There is now officially a "Drawn by Fate" Guild on Sarlona

    All systems go!
    Technically our first meeting is Sunday, but if you'd like to come tomorrow and get inducted that would be fine as well. We're going to start introducing a new aspect of the Group/Guild: Free Agents.

    Free Agents will be players who would like to join for our RP/static goodness, but for whatever reason are unable to adhere to a weekly schedule and maintain the weekly leveling guide - so they join as is, on whatever class, and have fun with us whenever they can. I've rolled a 'free agent' alt who is currently getting some renown for the Guild so that we will be able to mail out guild invites to those members who can't make Sunday's meeting.

    As for our Weekly Leveling Schedule, I know that some members are not only going to have to miss on Sunday, but miss throughout the week as well. It's a busy time for many us with midterms and whatnot.

    Try to make whatever meetings you can, but our goal for this week is to reach level 6 by NEXT sunday, November 14th. If that seems too low/high let me know and I'll see what we can do

  5. #45
    Community Member Nuralanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    201

    Default

    I have a suggestion regarding this comment that was in the original 'rules' list:

    "This is a role-play group, therefore all guild & group messages MUST be in-character. If you want to go OOC, you can use tells, trade, advice, or general chat."

    Along with a lot of other people I'm sure, I turn off Trade, Advice and General because it just gets too much and distracts from what I'm trying to do.

    It's possible to create custom user channels - perhaps once we have a guild name, we could create a channel with that name that could be used for OOC comments? Then 'Party' and 'Guild' could be kept purely IC. I imagine we might have quite a bit of OOC chatting to do at the start while we're getting things figured out, but that should settle down soon and we can concentrate more on staying IC.

    Thoughts?

  6. #46
    Community Member Nuralanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfOrcBeautyQueen View Post
    Try to make whatever meetings you can, but our goal for this week is to reach level 6 by NEXT sunday, November 14th. If that seems too low/high let me know and I'll see what we can do
    To me, that seems far too high. I'm not a power gamer and I don't know the quests very well, even the ones I've played many times. I just don't seem to retain details very well! If I'm only going to be playing this character for a couple of hours once or twice a week, there's no way I personally would be able to meet that kind of goal.

    Should we maybe consider a faster group and a slower one, or am I the only one that thinks they'd have trouble keeping up? (Maybe I need to be a 'Free Agent'...)

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuralanya View Post
    To me, that seems far too high. I'm not a power gamer and I don't know the quests very well, even the ones I've played many times. I just don't seem to retain details very well! If I'm only going to be playing this character for a couple of hours once or twice a week, there's no way I personally would be able to meet that kind of goal.

    Should we maybe consider a faster group and a slower one, or am I the only one that thinks they'd have trouble keeping up? (Maybe I need to be a 'Free Agent'...)
    I wasn't sure if it was too high, maybe level 4 is a better goal? I guess it depends on how our first couple of meetings go, that will help set the pace for how quickly we'll be doing these quests.

  8. #48
    Community Member Nuralanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Roleplaying through a quest makes even a short one an awful lot slower...

    I checked up on the group I used to be a part of, since we kept records of our progress, to get an idea. This will make you either laugh or cry...

    It took us three weeks of playing several hours one day a week, to reach level 3...



    Back then there was no Korthos, and I don't know if the amount of XP awarded by lower level quests has changed since then. If anyone is interested (or even if you're not... ) here is a list of the quests we completed to get there. Everything was run on Normal.

    Steal the Healing Elixir
    Search for the Rare Scrolls
    Quest for the Ancient Daggers
    Survive the Low Road
    The Missing Ward
    (after running all these in our first session, we were level 2)

    Durk's Got a Secret
    Walk the Butcher's Path
    A Matter of Protection
    Sewer Rescue
    Garrison's Missing Pack
    Waterworks chain
    (these were run over the course of two weeks, and took us to level 3)

    In case any of the newer folk are wondering, many of the quests you've never heard of survive in an altered form on Korthos, or at least the dungeon maps were reused.

    The length of time it'll take us does depend a lot on the group, the quest and how deeply into character you get. And also how many jokes you may be making OOC on the side... But I think at least for the first few sessions, we should be prepared for levelling to take a lot longer than we might expect/hope. As we go along, we'll get a better idea of how fast things are likely to go!

    (Sorry, I'm not trying to cause trouble, I just think maybe we should keep our expectations low to begin with and see how it goes.)
    Last edited by Nuralanya; 11-05-2010 at 05:41 PM.

  9. #49
    Community Member dragons1ayer74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    749

    Default

    I would like to try to join. Put me let me know what class of character you want and then I will decide the race, I would prefer to know my random traight before I roll up the character though. Based on your schedule Tuesday will likley be my most prevelant play times.

  10. #50
    Community Member galei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuralanya View Post
    Roleplaying through a quest makes even a short one an awful lot slower...

    I checked up on the group I used to be a part of, since we kept records of our progress, to get an idea. This will make you either laugh or cry...

    It took us three weeks of playing several hours one day a week, to reach level 3...



    Back then there was no Korthos, and I don't know if the amount of XP awarded by lower level quests has changed since then. If anyone is interested (or even if you're not... ) here is a list of the quests we completed to get there. Everything was run on Normal.

    Steal the Healing Elixir
    Search for the Rare Scrolls
    Quest for the Ancient Daggers
    Survive the Low Road
    The Missing Ward
    (after running all these in our first session, we were level 2)

    Durk's Got a Secret
    Walk the Butcher's Path
    A Matter of Protection
    Sewer Rescue
    Garrison's Missing Pack
    Waterworks chain
    (these were run over the course of two weeks, and took us to level 3)

    In case any of the newer folk are wondering, many of the quests you've never heard of survive in an altered form on Korthos, or at least the dungeon maps were reused.

    The length of time it'll take us does depend a lot on the group, the quest and how deeply into character you get. And also how many jokes you may be making OOC on the side... But I think at least for the first few sessions, we should be prepared for levelling to take a lot longer than we might expect/hope. As we go along, we'll get a better idea of how fast things are likely to go!

    (Sorry, I'm not trying to cause trouble, I just think maybe we should keep our expectations low to begin with and see how it goes.)
    im not sure of what to think of that but wow is all i can manage to say. on a side note il role up a alt on sarlona now name will be lightvein will be a rogue and only used as a alt
    Last edited by galei; 11-05-2010 at 07:19 PM.

  11. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuralanya View Post
    Roleplaying through a quest makes even a short one an awful lot slower...

    (Sorry, I'm not trying to cause trouble, I just think maybe we should keep our expectations low to begin with and see how it goes.)
    No trouble at all! It's good to have feedback. I've never role-played as a group in DDO yet, so this is a learning experience for me as well. For now we'll have our weekly leveling schedule on hold, until we see how we progress in our meetings.

    On a Side Note,
    would it be possible to get a head count for Sunday?
    I have two times listed in the First Post as a possible meet & greet time, a morning session and an afternoon session. I'll be able to attend both if needed, but how about the rest of you guys?

  12. #52
    Community Member galei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    85

    Default

    ill be their on sunday however not sure what time i will be on though. also whats the name of your free lancer on sarlona?
    Last edited by galei; 11-05-2010 at 07:08 PM.

  13. #53
    Community Member Teldurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Okay, I'm very tempted to roll up a new free agent character and test out the waters.

    I didn't see this answered anywhere yet: What is the guild's rule for mic usage?
    Clayne Fourstring - Jack of All Trades, Riddlemaster - Sarlona
    Esson the Sacred Heart - Physician, Healer - Sarlona
    ~~The Paladin Code: Death before dishonor . . . especially when there is a cleric in the group.

  14. #54
    Community Member Martdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ste. Anne, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    441

    Default

    I do not like the idea of an OOC channel. I know it is a nice idea in theory, but what I have found out over multiple games, (including this one) is that RP guilds that have an OOC channel, end up using the channel rather than guild chat for everything.

    I have seen it frequently, even a guild that is going good and steady, opens an OOC chat channel, and suddenly the RP is gone from the guild, and I really don't want to see that happen again.

    Just my experience and opinion.

    PS, now that we have a guild name, I hope to get a site up by the beginning of next week. I am away from home until next Thursday, so I may not be able to have enough time until I get back. (Deer opener tomorrow in Minnesota)
    Member of Ron's Character Planner team.
    Found a missing, outdated or better graphic on the planner, let me know here.

  15. #55
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    10

    Default

    This sounds like fun, i can make it sunday but somehow missed the time if it was posted. I'm vip but have no presence on sarlona atm... I'm willing to roll/play whatever race or class that would be beneficial to the group but have a preference or 2 of course

  16. #56
    Community Member Nuralanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfOrcBeautyQueen View Post
    No trouble at all! It's good to have feedback. I've never role-played as a group in DDO yet, so this is a learning experience for me as well. For now we'll have our weekly leveling schedule on hold, until we see how we progress in our meetings.
    Ah, well, if you've never roleplayed through a quest before then it'll definitely be an interesting experience for you! And hopefully a treat.

    It really does go pretty slow, especially if you want a really immersive, spoiler-free, heavy-RP run. And the more people in the group, the slower it is! Expect lots of stopping to discuss what direction to take; arguments over someone else's opinion of what direction to take; what might be ahead; what do those marks on the wall mean; do you think there's anything of interest in those crates; etc., etc. Even if a player is new to a quest, if they're running it non-RP they're going to be a lot quicker than we will be!

    I've seen RP groups take 3 hours for a half-hour quest before now, but there will often be OOC discussions on the side and other distractions. If we're trying to keep the OOC to a minimum then that may speed us up a little, but we'll still be snails compared to non-roleplayers. Snails with ADD...

    We may need to come up with some guidelines on when it's acceptable to pause the RP and just kill stuff. It's really hard to type and fight at the same time, even if you're on auto-attack, and it would be a shame if someone died because they or someone else was distracted by trying to type or emote.

  17. #57
    Community Member Kinryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    157

    Default

    For sure, I will be around Sunday morning if that works for you. If not, I can try to get on in the evening.

    I'll be setting up my elven fighter some time before then. For you dwarves and warforged coming, don't expect an overly excited welcome from this elf (me personally, I'll be happy to see you of course ^_^). My elf finds dwarves to be rude, crude, and disgustingly offensive. Their only redeeming quality is that they're skilled with combat. For warforged, she simply finds their creation a mistake and completely against the balance of all living things.

    This is my first ever RP experience. I agree that level 6 would seem quite high. My opinion is that we take it easy for the first little while to get everyone accustomed to the playstyle, the group and their own character.

    I'm looking forward to trying this out. It should be fun!

  18. #58
    Community Member Teldurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Okay, folks. Although I can't commit to any certain groups with a defined play time, I'll be happy to sit on the sidelines or join along if the group happens to be undermanned and I'm around.

    Denk Seahair, Halfling Bard, reporting for duty*.

    *Duty is sitting back, enjoying a nice mead and writing song lyrics in the tavern.
    Clayne Fourstring - Jack of All Trades, Riddlemaster - Sarlona
    Esson the Sacred Heart - Physician, Healer - Sarlona
    ~~The Paladin Code: Death before dishonor . . . especially when there is a cleric in the group.

  19. #59
    Community Member awang20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfOrcBeautyQueen View Post
    On a Side Note,
    would it be possible to get a head count for Sunday?
    I have two times listed in the First Post as a possible meet & greet time, a morning session and an afternoon session. I'll be able to attend both if needed, but how about the rest of you guys?
    I can attend one of those sessions (I need the majority of the day for school work). Either one works for me, but I will likely only be able to stay on for 2 hours at most. Also, how exactly will we all find each other?

  20. #60
    Community Member Arkadios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Can you post somewhere the name of your alt? so we can get in touch in-game? thanks

    Read the original post heh .

    Dunklin Oakenshield level 1 Dwarven cleric drinking himself into a stupor in the wavecrest tavern
    Alongside Carlessa Treal my "free agent" Helf Monk alt
    Last edited by Arkadios; 11-06-2010 at 08:52 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload