for party-balance purposes I will be on GALBINUS for the afternoon meeting, and not Cabiria. So please message GALBINUS if you come late. Thank you
We will be having a meet & greet on Sunday to get everyone in the guild. Hopefully we can run a few quests. A few members won't be able to make it, but hopefully the rest of you will. Please let us know what time on Sunday works best for you so I can meet you on Korthos. I was thinking a general time of either 9am EST to 12pm EST, or later in the evening 5pm to 8pm EST.
GUILD IS UP
There is now a "Drawn by Fate" guild on Sarlona. Once you roll your character contact either Dominatus or Cabiria for an invite. Or just see you on Sunday
Tomorrow I will be creating a new "official" thread for Drawn by Fate. This thread will contain all our information: our rules, guidelines, schedules, how to join, and the current roster. The new thread will also contain a quest diary of our adventurers. The new thread will be our main means of communication, and this thread will no longer be active. Don't worry, there will be a link in this thread directing you to the New one, so you won't get lost
Hullo Friends & Lovers!
My name is Half-Orc Beauty Queen and I'm looking to start a static role-playing group/guild. Allow me to share my vision with you:
One day, while farming experience on my recently TR'd main, a thought crossed my mind... wouldn't it be fun to run Tempest Spine in a balanced raid? A raid where 1 player of each class was present? Wouldn't it be fun to run every raid this way? Every quest in a balanced group, without pugging? Wouldn't the game be so much more enjoyable if I was actually playing the game, as opposed to farming experience, running the same quests over and over and over...
Wouldn't it be great if there were other people who felt this way, and wanted some good old fashioned role-playing fun?
Maybe I'm just tired of all the khopesh-wielding, TWFers out there. Maybe I've just seen too many evasion splashes to take anyone seriously anymore. I'm ready to throw in the towel on the DPS race, and sit back, and smell the roses AND the trog stench.
A CALL TO ARMS:
I'd like to get together with like-minded players and created an actual "campaign" where we create characters we enjoy, and go on adventures that we believe in. Think of it as "traditional" dnd in the ddo world.
- I'd like there to be some stability, hence the "static group" part, so we'd be meeting at least once a week, if not more, to go on adventures. Ideally we'd have several times throughout the week so all players in all timezones can participate in our quests.
- Since it's more fun with more players, there isn't a 6 person limit to the static group. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join. However, for the purpose of role-play and balance, no multi-classing is allowed. We shall remain pure classes throughout, and I'd like each class represented. If necessary we can roll to decide who plays which class.
- We will be following a weekly leveling schedule to ensure that we are all on target and within range of each other.
- In the interest of fairness, some players may have more time than others, and would like to play more than others, therefore if you want you may roll a second, alternate character who is also on the guild that does not have to follow the weekly leveling schedule.
- This is a role-play group, therefore all guild & group messages MUST be in-character. If you want to go OOC, you can use tells, trade, advice, or general chat.
- This is a role-play group, and our characters should reflect that. No "britneeyspearz" allowed. In-character names & biographies please.
- We will be rolling new characters.
- NO TWINK GEAR, and no hand-me-downs from higher toons. Part of the fun comes from the challenge of starting out new. Of course, we can help each other all that we like. Trading & Auction House are fine as long as you earned the plat yourself.
- Farming quests is frowned upon, but not strictly forbidden.
- You don't have to solely play with the guild, but it is encouraged. If you miss a weekly meeting, and need to quest in order to meet the weekly leveling schedule, pugging is fine.
- It would be nice to have a diverse race selection. Try not to go cookie-cutter, and try to keep things unique. Let's shake things up!
- We are NOT a permadeath group, but if someone does happen to die, we shall try to handle it as in-characterly as possible.
WE WILL DECIDE:
- The server we play on
- The name of our guild
- The times and days we meet
- Any other rules/guidelines
Once we find enough interested parties we shall decide when we will start, what we will roll, and what server we will play on. We can vote on the name of the guild as well.
** We won't start until we have enough interested players so that all 11 classes will be represented. **
After all 11 classes are filled, the 12th player will start the next cycle of classes, and so on and so forth.
If you'd like to join, please leave a reply in this thread, with any feedback & suggestions as you see fit.
TENTATIVE MEETING TIME SCHEDULE:
Going over everyone's time constraints, here is a mock-up of our weekly meetings. You'd only have to attend 1 meeting time per week, but are welcome to come to all. Each day has a time block for now that we can whittle down to fit everyone's needs. Each day will need -1- Group Leader, so if you are still interested in being a leader, pick a day that works best for you. Again, this is just a mock up for now, by Sunday it will be more concise. Monday's are out - too many people already have plans on Mondays.
Tuesday - 7pm EST to 12am EST / 12am GMT to 5am GMT - Attending: dragons1ayer74,
Thursday - 8am EST to 12pm EST / 1pm GMT to 5pm GMT - Group Leader: Culver.Civello
Saturday - 9am to 12pm EST / 2pm GMT to 5pm GMT
Sunday - 2pm to 7pm EST / 7pm GMT to 12am GMT -Attending:Nuralanya, Group Leader: Arkadios
Traditionally, Sarlona is the RP server, so if we choose to live on Sarlona it creates an opportunity for Guild on Guild roleplay & campaigns (interactions w/other RP guilds). So I vote Sarlona, or one of the less populated servers for sanity's sake.
Sarlona - 6
Thelanis - 1
Khyber - 1 , -1