Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Tonight, we were able to convene and complete the Sentinals Series. Tipto scored Midnight Greetings which, as a player, I've never had. Also found a Raise Dead scroll. Although I hope Tipto is not called upon soon to use it. Chance is only 20% to use it. Only a few base level seven quests remain before we can level up to character level ten. We have 108 elite braver bonus going.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Our team took it on the chin last night. After easily completing Scoundrel's Run and The Graverobber, we headed to Taming the Flames. The enemy monsters were cake but the environment was suprisingly brutal. First our wizard was flamed for ~110. Second, my character, Tipto was double flamed for ~200 (I timed it, but it hit me anyway). In both cases, we were able to retrieve soul stones, raise dead, and recall.

On our next session, if we get past Taming the Flames, the only base seven left on our list is The Pit. Not decided if we want to do that one. Environmental traps that can one-shot-kill, cannot be turned off, nor always timed...don't get me started.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

The Pit ended the same way as Taming the Flames. I don't mind high trap damage when it's stuff that can be disabled or reasonably avoided by very good play. But when you take full precautions including buffs for evasion, elemental protections, HP buffs like false life + Aid + Virtue on a well built evasion character and still get hit multiple times for 120+ damage, that's poor design. Frustrating, but I'm resolved to getting these done within our rules. We can do it. Tipto now has two marks against his constitution...
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Tonight, Extreme Mortal Voyage completed Taming the Flames elite. One more base level seven and we can train up to level ten. Hopefully we'll complte The Pit without another loss.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Our group was moving along fine when we spotted a named caster. Me moved to engage and the first spell from it was a "poof" on our main warrior. He rolled a 2. Soul stone. The rest of us took care of the caster. Healer scopped up the soul stone and raised him. Per our rules, it counts against constitution limit. Could have happened to any of us. Only two in the party stated they had immunity items equiped. Bleed and learn. We all recalled out. We're resolved to get the completion together.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Last night, Mortal Voyage Extreme was able to easily handle up on The Pit. We are all going to see the trainer now for character level ten. We have over 1200 favor and over 100 elite streak.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

This group is still going. We have attained character level 10 with max XP. To this point we've completed every quest on elite except Chronoscope and Devil's Assault. We still have a few base level 8 quests left before we level our characters to eleven.

At level ten, we have elite streak 125+ and 1400+ favor.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Our group is still going. With busy lives, we don't get together as often as we used to, but we have progressed. Last Monday, we completed Tempest Spine elite. We have an impressive elite streak. Some of us have multiple deaths and raises. Because game mechanics don't allow actual diminishing Constitution, we have a 1/2 con raise rule, meaning no character can be raised more than 1/2 base constitution score. As the scout, my character has the biggest concern there. This group of characters has never wiped.I don't play often anymore, but DDO provided many hours of entertainment for me and allowed creation of a legacy guild that continues to bond us after seven years. I've given a lot of hell because I love D&D, but thanks again to everyone involved in creating my gamers dream in DDO.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    I've [sic] given a lot of hell because I love D&D, but thanks again to everyone involved in creating my gamers dream in DDO.
    Congratulations on eking out such enjoyment!

GL and have fun!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456