Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maxelcat View Post
    could we get a part that you pull down to the quest name then it will give the possible loots and chest locations?

that would be handy!
    I actually just finished running a parse of the DDO compendium to load in additional quest information that wasn't in the wiki and the capture normal, hard and elite exp values where available. I'm currently creating a "search quest" type page that will let you find quests that match your criteria and on the quest detail page it will list all of the items linked to that quest.

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan
    I actually just finished running a parse of the DDO compendium to load in additional quest information that wasn't in the wiki and the capture normal, hard and elite exp values where available.
    If you are curious about DDO EXP values then you may find this thread of interest.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    If you are curious about DDO EXP values then you may find this thread of interest.
    Nice -- thank you very much. Right now I just have the base information that I could scrub from the wiki or the compendium in there (so values are probably wrong). Hopefully I'll get all the functionality to a point where I can go through and start correcting flags / values that are outdated or just plain wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Maxelcat View Post
    could we get a part that you pull down to the quest name then it will give the possible loots and chest locations?

that would be handy!
    Added in the ability to search by quests - name, quest level, F2P or P2P, minimum exp granted and whether or it has items listed.

Created a quest detail page that includes the links to the compendium and wiki (when they exist) as well as the list of all the items that can be found in the quest

Created code to generate an "icon" for each item to display in the results list. I put icon in quotes because it's not very accurate at the moment. Since the various screenshots have differing amounts of border and what not around them, I had to crop a lot more than I would have liked to ensure that I am able to display it for the majority of items.

I'm going to go back through the submission page to provide an option to upload an actual icon image when the item is added to the system and will be including my code that will auto-generate an "icon" if that is excluded.

Very nice!

Please add more epics from the end of the (unupdated) loot thread!

Community Member

Random incorrectly labeled item I ran across:

Nuushmaar's Adamantine Tooth (named rapier) from Stormcleave Outpost is labeled as a '0' ML when its ML2.

Edit: nevermind, realized from your post above that there's several items like this and will be at this point for now *g*
    Last edited by Tyndaleon; 11-05-2010 at 10:42 AM.

how about a home button to get back to the main page

+1 for you

/cheers
    Argonnessen
    Artebrisk - Completionist Currently Pure Pally with a MAUL! RAWWWR!!! :: Artecon - Completionist Exalted Angel Druid :: Arteheal - Heal bot :: Artemech - Completionist Something (usually flavor of the month build) :: Artepro - Sorcerer :: Artesheen - Shiradi Sorc :: Artesong - Bard :: Artevista - Dwarven Warhammer Two Weapon Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Artecon View Post
    how about a home button to get back to the main page

+1 for you

/cheers
    The "Search by Items" link should be at the top of any page to get you back to the main page.

Added the ability to include an icon with a new item submission, by default it will take the upper left corner of the image as the icon if one is not provided.

Changed links to open in the current window by default instead of spawning new windows all over the place.

Added DDO Compendium tooltips to items that are linked to a quest that is, in turn, linked to the compendium

I was able to write some OCR software to process the images and automagically load the minimum level from them and store it into the database. I believe the software was able to get the majority of the items updated properly, so there should be very few outliers at this point (meaning the only level 0 items should be items that really have no minimum level).

Default Can we get a listing as one of the outputs?

I really appreciate the app and the effort in creating it.

But I miss being able to see all the items in one place and just browse around for things I might want for my characters.

Can that be added?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    I really appreciate the app and the effort in creating it.

But I miss being able to see all the items in one place and just browse around for things I might want for my characters.

Can that be added?

Thanks again!
    You want something like just a single page list view of all the items grouped by the quest they come from? And each item has a link to the image for it?

*EDIT*

In case that IS what you meant, I created a quick n' dirty page like that. I threw it together pretty quickly, so let me know if it's along the lines of what you were wanting

Forum Thread Style View

There's also a link to it from the main search page
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 11-06-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Can you narrow the page a bit so it fits in the MyDDO window in-game? Or have a separate interface for that?

I've been adding links on my MyDDO page to go to raid timer trackers and the DDOWiki, having a searchable loot tool there would be amazing.
    I'll take a look at creating an in game view-friendly mode.

Modified my OCR program to scan for Binding status (Bind to account on equip/acquire and Bind to character on equip/acquire). I have it running against the items in the database right now, so the data should be more accurate very soon™

EXCELLENT tool! Would +1 you if I could.

Minor detail, on the threaded full list view it goes to white only on the sides as you scroll down which doesn't look as nice as the top does. Just a cosmetic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokReeker View Post
    EXCELLENT tool! Would +1 you if I could.

Minor detail, on the threaded full list view it goes to white only on the sides as you scroll down which doesn't look as nice as the top does. Just a cosmetic thing.
    Oops. All better now, hopefully

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Could you make the search result per page either selectable? (ala 10, 25, 50, all. The standard ones.)

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Could you make the search result per page either selectable? (ala 10, 25, 50, all. The standard ones.)
    There ya go, all set.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    There ya go, all set.
    Sweet. Just one issue. Set a "limit" on how many you want to search for. Even if you don't have anything else selected, it does a search for you. Pulled up a lot of starter stuff.

I never hit the search button.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast