Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorbert View Post
    hitting the search button and nothing happens, no matter which options I select. Is it currently not working?
    Sorry, I should have paid attention to my publish utility, one of the files failed to make it up -- should be all better now.

Added the ability for non-registered users to submit new items
    Non-registered user submissions will not be available to the search or for normal access until reviewed and approved by an admin (currently...me)

Removed the thumbnails from the search results to speed things up...I felt like they were kind of useless since you couldn't see any details in them anyway, but now it seems strange with them not there. Let me know if you want them back, it's easy to add them in.

Updated many more items to correctly link them to the proper sources

Updated the non-quests sources to more accurately link to the DDOwiki on the results list.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    Removed the thumbnails from the search results to speed things up...I felt like they were kind of useless since you couldn't see any details in them anyway, but now it seems strange with them not there. Let me know if you want them back, it's easy to add them in.
    Some items have special "icon" graphics though. It could be helpful to have that with the search, granted it adds another layer of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Some items have special "icon" graphics though. It could be helpful to have that with the search, granted it adds another layer of pain.
    Are you talking about something separate from the actual screenshot for the items?
    If so, do you know of a source where I could get those, I'd be happy to add them into the system if I can get a source for the icons and a way to know which icons go to which items and what not

Added some styling to the site...if you hate it, please let me know

You should add a link to your signature.

Reycervantes, Avoro and Rodneys of Maelstrom Tharashk Guild, Thelanis

+1 for the idea and all your effort
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsechild View Post
    You should add a link to your signature.
    Forgot that when I took a break from the game I removed all my tool links from my sig. Added back in. Thanks for the reminder!

Are you talking about something separate from the actual screenshot for the items?
    If so, do you know of a source where I could get those, I'd be happy to add them into the system if I can get a source for the icons and a way to know which icons go to which items and what not
    If you add in a field people can add in those icons even if there is no source, it's a wiki!
    Argonnessen mains: Pinku, Ohtaku

Community Member

Default Awesome

This is going to find a nice place in my bookmarks, but one flaw i see so far, no robe section. Unless of course i'm an idiot and am completely overlooking it. Either way, good idea and implementation.

Edit: Only reason i mention this is because i want to start using it immediately. :P

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

well... if you can rip apart the graphic files you could probably get the icon images from that, other wise, it is screenshots like items.

I am talking about... "oh where is my minos legend helm", you tend to (welll used to) go looking through your bags, for its special icon.

It would have to be player created I bet, hence why I said it would add another layer of pain.

A few things came to my mind, while trying it:
    - I would like to see a search by quest option.
    - A lot of items show up with MinLv0 (such as chaosgarde, golden greaves, firestorm greaves)
    - You included data from "XIII: Named Items that no longer drop in game", these need a note in their descrition.
    - If an item is from p2p content, I would like to see which Adventure Pack it contains.
    - P2P Explorer Areas (SubT, Threnal, Sands) are not shown as "Not F2P"
    - search issue: "threnalian" finds 'Threnalian War Blade', but "threnalian blade" does not

Im looking forward to later stages of this tool.
    Last edited by gDra; 11-04-2010 at 12:38 PM.

I launched the site after only skimming your notes seeing the phrase "regex" and went WOOOOO! Of course I tried doing an Item Name search for claw$ and it didn't work

I was so excited for a minute! </Geekmode>

Thanks for your time working on yet another tool JJ. I'll make sure I link it to my guild and have them poke around for oddities.

Quote Originally Posted by RudyMcghee View Post
    This is going to find a nice place in my bookmarks, but one flaw i see so far, no robe section. Unless of course i'm an idiot and am completely overlooking it. Either way, good idea and implementation.

Edit: Only reason i mention this is because i want to start using it immediately. :P
    Robe is an option under Item Type (since robes and docents aren't technically armor, I didn't classify them as armor sub-types, they have their own primary type section)

Quote Originally Posted by gDra View Post
    A few things came to my mind, while trying it:
    - I would like to see a search by quest option.
    - A lot of items show up with MinLv0 (such as chaosgarde, golden greaves, firestorm greaves)
    - You included data from "XIII: Named Items that no longer drop in game", these need a note in their descrition.
    - If an item is from p2p content, I would like to see which Adventure Pack it contains.
    - P2P Explorer Areas (SubT, Threnal, Sands) are not shown as "Not F2P"
    - search issue: "threnalian" finds 'Threnalian War Blade', but "threnalian blade" does not

Im looking forward to later stages of this tool.
    - There is a drop down for "Item quest/chain" where you can select and filter based on a specific quest (for those I was able to load in or the ones I've gotten to manually so far)
    - Yep, those are the items that didn't have a min item called out in the thread or that my regex couldn't parse out due to formatting. I'm slowly going through and updating what I can, but it's a lot of work for one person --- is why I asked for "volunteers"
    - This is a similar issue to the previous item about parsing from the thread and trying to slowly get things updated
    - The linking to a quest and the denotation of F2P or not came from my regex parse of the wiki -- I'll try to see if I can get a regex pattern to pull out the Adventure pack info
    - Same as above,
    - Yeah, it's a strict pattern match right now, not an "any word" type match, so it doesn't split on spaces, it just checks for the entire string you typed to exist somewhere in the item (name or description depending on if you use the name or keyword field)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraki View Post
    I launched the site after only skimming your notes seeing the phrase "regex" and went WOOOOO! Of course I tried doing an Item Name search for claw$ and it didn't work

I was so excited for a minute! </Geekmode>.
    hehe, yeah, the regex bit was just what I used to parse the thread / wiki to get the base line data loaded in so I wouldn't have to manually enter anything. The search is just a pattern match (it wraps your search terms with wildcards, though to find it existing anywhere in the string).
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 11-04-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Can you narrow the page a bit so it fits in the MyDDO window in-game? Or have a separate interface for that?

I've been adding links on my MyDDO page to go to raid timer trackers and the DDOWiki, having a searchable loot tool there would be amazing.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Also noticed there is another set of "bound" modifiers that could be added for designating between Binds on Aquire and Binds on Equip.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Also noticed there is another set of "bound" modifiers that could be added for designating between Binds on Aquire and Binds on Equip.
    Already on there -- "Binding Status"

You have...

Does not Bind
    Bound to Character
    Bound to Account

But, we now have...

Does not Bind
    Bound to Character on Equip
    Bound to Character on Acquire
    Bound to Account on Equip
    Bound to Account on Acquire
    AoK @ Argonnessen

could we get a part that you pull down to the quest name then it will give the possible loots and chest locations?

that would be handy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Hireling: "Oh god, you're in trouble!" *heal fail* "Oh god, you're still in trouble!!" *heal fail* "Nooooo I will save you!!!" *heal fail* etc. but to the player, it just looked like the hireling was standing there staring off into space. He's not staring...he's thinking...REALLY hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    You have...

Does not Bind
    Bound to Character
    Bound to Account

But, we now have...

Does not Bind
    Bound to Character on Equip
    Bound to Character on Acquire
    Bound to Account on Equip
    Bound to Account on Acquire
    Gotcha -- I misunderstood what you were saying. I've added that in, but since the loot thread didn't have things broken out that way I have, for the time being, flagged everything that was BtC as Bound to Character on Acquire and everything that was BtA as Bound to Account on Acquire.

Trying to come up with a way to get things flagged properly without manually going through each item (especially since none of the older images will help figure out which it is).

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast