Default full screen alt+tab problem

Does anyone else have this problem where minimizing ddo and going back to the window causes it to look smaller than your full screen? I'm playing on a widescreen 24 inch monitor with the game on 1280/800 resolution and I have to click the full screen button radio box off then go back to full screen mode every time to fit the window to my screen size. Is there a way to fix this bug?

Community Member

Sounds like something I used to get when I had DX10 enabled. Check if you're using DX10 and try disabling it and see if that helps.

I have to go into my options menu and re enable maximised mode every time this happens. I have looked around and have found no fix to this aside from a Direct X upgrade, and even then I havnt seen any comfirmed before and after accounts of the fix.

On a side not, be glad you dont have a G19 Like I do, its almost impossible to Alt tab, and when I finaly do I have to resize my game :P

Community Member

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear.

I also play on a 24". I have issues in fullscreen mode, just not the same as yours.
    I just run it in windowed mode at 1920x1200.

I have 2 monitors and always have something running on the other monitor and depending on what is over there I will be clicking on that on a regular basis.

It is just easier to move the cursor over to that screen, or in the case of single monitors to just click on the taskbar to pull up whatever application you are switching to.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Try using alt+enter to toggle between fullscreen and windowed mode; sometimes that helps me when DDO has trouble with alt-tabbing.

Trying to invent the universe so I can make a freakin' apple pie from scratch..

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Try using alt+enter to toggle between fullscreen and windowed mode; sometimes that helps me when DDO has trouble with alt-tabbing.
    This.
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    this sounds like the best advice so far, I do wish there was a fix for this but hey it sounds like it works so far