Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Looking to join (or form) a static group

As the title says, I'm looking to join up with some people with similar interests. I'm on the US east coast, usually play in the evenings on weekdays, and mornings on weekends. Pretty casual player (been playing for a year and still have not made it to cap). I tend to prefer stealthy & melee type characters. I like to take my time and enjoy a quest if I've never been in it before.

I'm a premium player with a lot of purchased content, and I am willing to roll on any server. I have a mic, if needed, and I'm also willing to RP if need be. Not necessarily looking for perma-death, but willing to try it if that's what the group does.

What I'd like to find is some people who want to run together starting from level 1 on a regular basis, maybe Monday or Tuesday nights (EST). No gear passed down from another character, but maybe allow vendors, brokers and AH - not really sure here (I'm flexible). Not looking to grind, so running quests once at appropriate level (again, flexible) then moving on to something else.

PM or reply if you're interested.

EDIT: 12/14/10

We currently have 2 spots open if anyone might be interested.
    Last edited by katana_one; 12-14-2010 at 09:55 AM.
    You are responsible for your own DDO experience.

If you are p2p and not TR'd there is very little repetition necessary in the game. Granted it makes things SO much easier.

I prefer running Delera's a few times to grinding SRE in tangleroot honestly. I find the dungeon, and the loot, much much better.

If you find a casual group I might be interested. My life has settled down to the point I could dedicate some time to a static group again. The experience I have had in the past is nothing but great good times with people it was a joy to play with.

If you'd like to duo a couple of toons a bit let me know. I run the Mediocrity guild on Thelanis and I have toons in several other servers for when I want to hide. Shoot me a PM anytime.
    I am p2p so everything is unlocked, with 32pt builds.
    Account was hacked. So none of the characters that were listed here can be trusted...not even me.
    Gah...I can't trust myself now...
    Hi! Welcome.

I am free on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday evening for a static group. I prefer rogue, but I think you want that role. I can play Barb reasonably well (who cant?), I would be a total newb healer, cleric or FvS. Can try whatever to just fill out the group and learn as I go.

Send pm if you want more info

Well thanks for the replies, folks.

Monday and Tuesday nights work best for me I think, as far as being able to play regularly - real life usually doesn't intrude on those evenings. Only thing I need to work around is dinner, so it would be maybe 7:00pm till 10 or 11:00pm (EST).

Thoom, rogue isn't the only sneaky class. I also like rangers and rangers with rogue splash. So I'm sure we can figure out something for us both to play without stealing each other's spotlight. Fighter and paladin also work for me. I can even be talked into playing a cleric, probably, as long as I'm not a heal-bot.

The most important thing to me is that we have a group that can work well together and doesn't mind taking time to enjoy the adventure. I PUG almost exclusively (even my guilded characters end up PUGging) and get tired of entering a new quest and the only thing I ever see is the backs of the zergers I'm chasing. I just need somewhere to get away from the zerg-fest for a bit.

I already have a rogue in a static group, so I'd probably be happier trying out another role. Either FvS or Barb. I'll be happy to fill whatever role the party needs and try new stuff.

Cool. I've got a PM from another interested party, and I'm leaning on some real-life friends to see if I can get them in. So let me get back to you once I hear from them.

While I'm waiting for my RL friends to respond, both of you had mentioned playing in other static groups. Any input you have on rules would be very helpful, since I've never played in a DDO static group before. In particular, I'm interested in loot/gear rules and if you had restrictions on where you could spend your plat. I like the idea of only using what you loot, but that might make some builds difficult to play, and then there's the fact that you will end up with a huge pile of plat that you can't spend on anything.

Community Member

I would be interested in joining this venture. Mondays would work for me, Tuesdays not so much. I am Central Time but I don't see that as an issue. Been playing about a year, but have just been soloing and grouping with RL friends. Would to widen my player XP as well as my character XP. Would play just about anything. Only restriction would be that my slots on Khyber are all filled up so it would have to be different server.

It's up to you really how you want to run it, since you are forming it. The other one I am in is pretty relaxed, no permadeath, no restrictions on the AH, just the same static group having fun. Feel free to make rules that you would rather obide by, and everyone else shouldnt have a problem with it.

First, pick a server where you want to run the group, I suggest no hand-me-down twink gear and plat. I dont think I am ready for a permadeath, because it's best to learn what each member is capable of and learn their playstyle, grow as a group without worry of deletion.

Before we even make characters, we all need to agree on our party role so we have a good survivable group. Technically a rogue isnt needed for leveling up, but for a RP aspect, it's nice to hit all those secret areas and atleast have a splash of it on a character.

If you make the group, you make the rules

I only asked because I had seen other static group posts that had very strict rules that were very similar to perma-death play, and was wondering if anyone had experience with them and how they played.

The point of these rules is usually to try and provide some form of paper-n-pencil play feel to the game, which I'm very interested in. I just want a balance between PnP feel and actual playability. In my first campaigns, I remember players being able to amass enormous hoards of treasure, but the game really didn't give you anything to spend it on.

I'd like to keep vendors and pawn brokers available, but it's the Auction House I'm really not sure of. I definitely would like us all to agree on a "no sugar daddy" rule (ie: no gear or plat passed from alts). I'd like to keep everyone on an even keel.

Side note: the build I'm currently entertaining for this venture is here - http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=282986
    Last edited by katana_one; 10-29-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Looks like you got the rogue role filled enough for me to try something else. Depending what everyone else plays, I'm leaning toward FvS or Wiz or Barb, in no particular order. Might even ponder a Bard if we have enough melee guys join us.

Got a friend from real-life interested in joining up, he's downloading the client now. He wants to be a meat-shield and is considering fighter or paladin.

I'm still undecided about my exact build, but I will definitely be able to play trap-monkey to some degree. Either the ranger/rogue multi-class linked above, or maybe a pure rogue assassin build. So many choices.
    Last edited by katana_one; 10-30-2010 at 10:30 AM.

By the way, does 7:00pm EST on Ghallanda work for everyone? I think I definitely want to play Drow, and I only have it unlocked oh Ghallanda and Khyber (and all my character slots on Khyber are full at the moment). If we want to roll on a different server, I will need to decide if I want to buy Drow or do a favor blitz to unlock on a new server.

time and location sounds fine, but what day, Mon or Tue?

your friend wants to be front line, a rogue can pretty much front line, want me to be a CC Wiz, a CC Bard with some healing ability, melee capable cleric with radiant servant or an Evoker FvS for healing?
    Last edited by Thoom; 10-30-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Mondays. Sorry, carrying on too many separate conversations on this right now.

Play what you think will be most fun for you. I'm not worried about the healer role so much - healers are nice, but not required for most quests if we play smart. Depending on how many final players we end up with, we can always bring a pocket cleric.

So, Mondays on Ghallanda, 7:00pm EST

Roles and players thus far:

Me: Atzanteotl (Drow Rogue)
    RL friend: Gadling (Dwarf Fighter)
    Thoom: Hexidecimal (Warforged Wizard)
    Syadnus: Syadnus (Half-Elf Cleric)
    Dsebutchr: ???
    Culver.Civello: Divex (Halfling Monk)

I'd like to start as early as this coming Monday (November 1st) but that depends on the other interested parties. Otherwise, the following week.

Everyone start at level 1 and run the Grotto quest at your convenience, then we will group up in Korthos Snowy Side, not leaving for Stormreach until we complete Misery's Peak. I personally don't like running quests more than once (maybe twice) but I'm not completely opposed to farming once in a while.

I've decided that AH, vendors and pawn brokers are all fine, but I would like to not have any hand-me-down gear or plat from alts.

Also note that my RL friend is currently F2P, so that will dictate our quest selection, at least initially. We'll see if we can't get him to buy some points and some packs. Or I might spring for guest passes. Don't know yet, we'll see how it goes.

Will need character names as soon as they're known.
    Last edited by katana_one; 10-31-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Community Member

I could go with either a melee type, probably fighter, or I could do a cleric. Mondays at 7:00 EST is fine, Gallanda is fine.

If anyone has some sugestions on a build to consider for either class, advice would be appreciated.

Atzanteotl, Drow Rogue, is rolled up and waiting at the tavern in Korthos.

Syadnus, as for fighter or cleric - up to you, whichever you think you'll like playing best. As for build advice - plenty of builds here on the forums to pick from. What's your preferred play style?

Community Member

I'm thinking I'd like to try a cleric, haven't played them much, so if you all don't mind helping me learn the ropes I will go that route. As for play style, I am definately a casual player, not a power gamer. I will roll one up tomorrow. If the name Syadnus is not yet taken on Gallanda that will be his name.

Quote Originally Posted by syadnus View Post
    I'm thinking I'd like to try a cleric, haven't played them much, so if you all don't mind helping me learn the ropes I will go that route. As for play style, I am definately a casual player, not a power gamer. I will roll one up tomorrow. If the name Syadnus is not yet taken on Gallanda that will be his name.
    Casual is ok by me. I'm a pretty casual player myself. The point of this static group is to get people together who just want to have a chance of experiencing the quests the way they were meant to be enjoyed.

Come back here and confirm the name once you have him rolled up.

pondering a few Wizard builds
    Last edited by Thoom; 10-31-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast