Hybrid View

Default Looking to join (or form) a static group

As the title says, I'm looking to join up with some people with similar interests. I'm on the US east coast, usually play in the evenings on weekdays, and mornings on weekends. Pretty casual player (been playing for a year and still have not made it to cap). I tend to prefer stealthy & melee type characters. I like to take my time and enjoy a quest if I've never been in it before.

I'm a premium player with a lot of purchased content, and I am willing to roll on any server. I have a mic, if needed, and I'm also willing to RP if need be. Not necessarily looking for perma-death, but willing to try it if that's what the group does.

What I'd like to find is some people who want to run together starting from level 1 on a regular basis, maybe Monday or Tuesday nights (EST). No gear passed down from another character, but maybe allow vendors, brokers and AH - not really sure here (I'm flexible). Not looking to grind, so running quests once at appropriate level (again, flexible) then moving on to something else.

PM or reply if you're interested.

EDIT: 12/14/10

We currently have 2 spots open if anyone might be interested.
    Last edited by katana_one; 12-14-2010 at 10:55 AM.
    You are responsible for your own DDO experience.

If you are p2p and not TR'd there is very little repetition necessary in the game. Granted it makes things SO much easier.

I prefer running Delera's a few times to grinding SRE in tangleroot honestly. I find the dungeon, and the loot, much much better.

If you find a casual group I might be interested. My life has settled down to the point I could dedicate some time to a static group again. The experience I have had in the past is nothing but great good times with people it was a joy to play with.

If you'd like to duo a couple of toons a bit let me know. I run the Mediocrity guild on Thelanis and I have toons in several other servers for when I want to hide. Shoot me a PM anytime.
    I am p2p so everything is unlocked, with 32pt builds.
    Account was hacked. So none of the characters that were listed here can be trusted...not even me.
    Gah...I can't trust myself now...
    Hi! Welcome.

I am free on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday evening for a static group. I prefer rogue, but I think you want that role. I can play Barb reasonably well (who cant?), I would be a total newb healer, cleric or FvS. Can try whatever to just fill out the group and learn as I go.

Send pm if you want more info

Well thanks for the replies, folks.

Monday and Tuesday nights work best for me I think, as far as being able to play regularly - real life usually doesn't intrude on those evenings. Only thing I need to work around is dinner, so it would be maybe 7:00pm till 10 or 11:00pm (EST).

Thoom, rogue isn't the only sneaky class. I also like rangers and rangers with rogue splash. So I'm sure we can figure out something for us both to play without stealing each other's spotlight. Fighter and paladin also work for me. I can even be talked into playing a cleric, probably, as long as I'm not a heal-bot.

The most important thing to me is that we have a group that can work well together and doesn't mind taking time to enjoy the adventure. I PUG almost exclusively (even my guilded characters end up PUGging) and get tired of entering a new quest and the only thing I ever see is the backs of the zergers I'm chasing. I just need somewhere to get away from the zerg-fest for a bit.

I already have a rogue in a static group, so I'd probably be happier trying out another role. Either FvS or Barb. I'll be happy to fill whatever role the party needs and try new stuff.

Cool. I've got a PM from another interested party, and I'm leaning on some real-life friends to see if I can get them in. So let me get back to you once I hear from them.

Smile Great Time

Thanks to everyone who played last night. It was a great time, and I was impressed how efficiently our group was tearing through the quests at elite level. We actually seemed pretty coordinated.

I think the only quests that posed any challenge whatsoever were Stealthy Repossession and maybe Butcher's Path.

I'm still finding my way with this Bard character. It's my first Bard so I guess it is natural, plus he doesn't really fit into any of the traditional roles I am used to - which is why I wanted the challenge in the first place. I'll figure out my niche a we go, and as I pull better gear that will help with healing support and some buffs. If anyone has any experience playing bards, or has any advice, I'd be happy to hear it.

Flaviano's got a bit of DPS and the Rogue Dilettante which adds sneak attack (think I was consistently 4th on kill count after the first couple quests), but I'm still having trouble landing fascinate on elite critters. Not sure how to improve that except to keep boosting perform and charisma.

Also, since we agreed not to use outside plat, but have allowed AH and vendor use, another way Flaviano can help the party is by offering to sell loot for party members. Flav's haggle is already at 15, so he can get slightly more coin from the vendors/brokers now, but it will only get better over time.

Additionally, I am one of those people who actually enjoy using the AH and I have a good idea of what sells and for how much. I've already made slightly over 10k just selling and auctioning off the loot I collected from last night's run. Whoever wants to can give me their collectibles and loot items they want to sell, and I can cash in the collectibles and/or sell them for you.

Or we might consider putting everything into one pot for the group at the end of each play session - including collectibles, I'll trade them in/sell them during the week when we aren't gaming, then divide the proceeds equally among members. If there are particular items party members want or need, I can keep an eye out for them and pick them up while I'm trading in our loot.

This is my only character on Ghallanda, so trying to maximize our party wealth as we play is more of a role-playing/mini-game thing for me; but it would also help our party as every member would be able to acquire better gear than by selling everything at vendor prices for that character.
    Last edited by Postumus; 11-09-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Would like to join if there is a spot open. Didn't have time to read all, three ?s:
    1. Starting at lvl. 1, right?
    2.When do you meet?
    3.Any class needed, I have all unlocked

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissyl View Post
    Because weapons are OP!
    My Builds: Tempest Kensai of Zen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I'm still finding my way with this Bard character. It's my first Bard so I guess it is natural, plus he doesn't really fit into any of the traditional roles I am used to - which is why I wanted the challenge in the first place. I'll figure out my niche a we go, and as I pull better gear that will help with healing support and some buffs. If anyone has any experience playing bards, or has any advice, I'd be happy to hear it.
    I am glad you had a good time, I know I did. I also chose my class because I wanted to get some experience playing a new class. I have played one other cleric in DDO, but only solo. The only other cleric I have played was in PnP and that was almost thirty years ago so it probably doesn't count;-) I am also open to advice on how I play him.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Also, since we agreed not to use outside plat, but have allowed AH and vendor use, another way Flaviano can help the party is by offering to sell loot for party members. Flav's haggle is already at 15, so he can get slightly more coin from the vendors/brokers now, but it will only get better over time...
    You have some interesting ideas on wealth management here. I see some good potential to maximize our funds. At the very least I would like to know more, I have to admit I am a bit of a noob when it comes to the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by syadnus View Post
    I am glad you had a good time, I know I did. I also chose my class because I wanted to get some experience playing a new class. I have played one other cleric in DDO, but only solo. The only other cleric I have played was in PnP and that was almost thirty years ago so it probably doesn't count;-) I am also open to advice on how I play him.

I have a dwarf clr/ftr as one of my mains on Argo, and I designed him for healing and melee. In well balanced groups with heavy hitters, I usually focus more on healing and clean up any critters that get through the front lines. In parties that are short-handed or with under performing melee builds, he can act as an off tank if needed.

I have seen some pretty effective clerics that just use CC spells and healing, and if you can get your DCs high enough, that can be really effective. Last night I played in another static group with a Paladin who was spamming Command on the same elite quests we've been running, and nearly half the foes were lying on their backs one second after the encounter started. It made finishing them off VERY easy.

I definitely recommend going for the Radiant Servant pre as that will allow you to do mass healing without using your sps - it's also great against hordes of undead. One of the nice things about DDO is being able to re-allocate the APs to try different types of builds, so I'll probably be doing that quite a bit until I have the Bard where I want him.

You have some interesting ideas on wealth management here. I see some good potential to maximize our funds. At the very least I would like to know more, I have to admit I am a bit of a noob when it comes to the AH.

Well, the reason I threw it out there was I heard someone ask "does anyone know why Feverblanche mushrooms are so highly priced on the AH?" That made me think there was probably an opportunity here to help some of us realize how much more platinum we could be making off of these low level quests.

There are about a dozen or so collectibles (like feverblanche, pure water, etc) that are used by high level players for crafting that are a PITA for them to collect, so they just buy them off the AH. Additionally, even those other collectibles that everyone just leaves lying on the ground like worthless copper, when turned in en masse to the appropriate NPCs, generate items that we can turn around and resell. It takes time to do this, and I'm sure that's why most people don't, but I kind of enjoy it, and it is the quickest way to accumulate enough wealth to purchase decent low level items.

If everyone in our party picked up every mushroom, adventurer pack, rubble item, and dropped bag and then we consolidated them at the end of the night, we would easily make ten times the platinum we're getting from just selling the chest loot to vendors.

Also certain items besides collectibles sell well on the AH. You can generally get 2 to 10 times more selling certain items on the AH (even after the VAT) than you can get selling it to a vendor or pawn broker.

Again this takes a little bit of running around, turning things in, knowing how to price things to sell, checking the AH and various pawn brokers,etc, and all that takes away from game time - unless you enjoy that aspect of the game. But as the Bard, I think it is a good fit for my character's role anyway, and as a party member, the more wealth I can get us, the better items we can outfit ourselves with, and the better our odds of surviving.

Heck, I'll even act as the party personal shopper if that helps. If someone has some items they really want - better armor, a better shield, better weapon, a charismatic cloak of elven kind - they can send me an in game email and I will try to acquire it for them.

If I can help people concentrate on fighting and spell casting and make sure we our poor lowbies are as well equipped as they can be, I really don't mind doing this for individual members or the entire party. I see it as an in character (yes I know we aren't RP), team oriented, and fun thing to do.
    Last edited by Postumus; 11-10-2010 at 05:41 PM.

So, had some missing party members tonight.

To fill you in on what you missed, in case you want to catch up during the week:

We ran WaterWorks 1 and 2 on Elite
    Followed by WaterWorks 3 and 4 on Hard (we tried part 3 on elite and it didn't go so well).

Also managed to get all rares in the WW slayers.

Currently sitting at level 4, 3 ranks, iirc.

Hope you guys that missed it can make it next week.

PM or post here if you can't.

Sorry about that. I had to work out of town today (about 230 miles away) and I didn't get back until very late (about an hour ago).

This is a very rare thing for me, and I don't expect it to be an issue in the future.

I'll catch up and be ready for next week.