Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default 36 pt build 106 ac roque1, monk2, cleric 17

Hey folks out there.
    What I am trying to make: an high caster with an large amount of ac, and saves.
    Now this is just an work on paper, and should serve as an reference to get this high kind of build. I do not have the resources myself in order to make something like this. Just reporting my findings, and asking if I left anything imaginable out.
    17 cleric for casting, 1 or 2 roque for trapsmithing. 1 or 2 monk for feats. Evasion, and everything else.
    First off:
    The maximum amount of garbage that would probally end up in the highest wisdom ever thought of in ddo… did I left anything out? Monk special stance item that grands more ac? Any way of the clever goldfish I don’t know about? Any other potions I should have added? ( thinking of ddo store pots ).
    Let me know:

Skills:
    roque skills:
    search ( needs to be at least 48 )
    disable divice ( needs to be at least 57 )
    UMD ( well same as above, at least 19 which is the minimum).
    tumble: meh, at least 1 or at least 31 / 36 for flips.
    Open lock 39 min. we can reroll.
    Source: http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Is_my...29_high_enough
    Now since I do have 14 int as prerequisted, might aswell do something usefull with it:
    4 ranks per level. Roque starting.
    From 7 and up half ranks into search. Full into UMD and disable device.

This is without guild enchiantments.. if I really wanted 100% on an CL 10 shield wand.
    Armor class breakdown:

Saves

Feats

Anything I am missing?
    Even if I tune this down to an 32 pt build and +2 tomes, should end up with 84 ac self buffed. While many people would argue that CE kills spell points.. it saves it too by not being forced to heal.. at all . this is not proven yet tho ;(.
    I will be forced to get the DR 5 trinkit to get rid of glancing blows.

Other thoughts:
    That neutral alignment +2 ac thing.. does that stack with all this?
    How about protection from evil?
    Maybe WF can get some decent ac rating from the armor bonus… might want to see the top in the WF race.. they get somewhat free DR.
    maybe there are higher then +6 enchiantment items to get on epic.. i do not know about those.. as of yet.
    might aswell put spot on the skill list, with that wisdom shouldnt be an problem getting that high enough.

-------
    could raise ac by 1. by dropping strength or con into dex. and changing levels to roque2, monk1, cleric 17. roque 2 grands dex1 enhancement. alowing for 1 more ac.

My main question:
    could i get some decent damage out of this with specialized weaponry?
    Inspired quatre dream edge's / terror maybe?
    how about min2, that adds 3d6 + 1d4?

ohwel, i could always drop the dex to melee idea and drop the weapon fitnesse idea. go totally ac as my build above sortof suggests.

Implosion is bugged atm with SR, so i wont be using that. 17 clerical will screw your SR checks up anyway.
    anyone here with an nice diagram which spel has SR, which safe etc? or should i cough up one myself?

thats it for now, please give some feedback

Contribution:
    Trudsey: double dodge mentioning, still needs fixing.
    Quikster: +1 pally ac, updated to 107
    Last edited by erikbozelie; 10-24-2010 at 07:48 PM.

didnt read the whole thing, but you can get up to 6 from paly aura
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    didnt read the whole thing, but you can get up to 6 from paly aura
    107 ac. and standing.

It also came to my attention that i had listed Dodge twice. Thanks for pointing that out Trudsey.
    1 more feat to waste on something usefull. Power atack maybe? meh, can only maintain 1 stance at an time...

well after looking at all that i have to ask why,

i have never seen an lfm looking for a cleric tank in fact quite the oppisite i have seen clerics blackballed for attempting to tank, clanks are not going to be a well recieved toon and for soloing i just don't see it, sure you wont be getting hit but your dps will be lite and sad.

a max ac toon is only viable in a couple of places and in those places people will not be looking for a cleric. good luck sounds boring but to each each his own have fun.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redgod View Post

i have never seen an lfm looking for a cleric tank in fact quite the oppisite i have seen clerics blackballed for attempting to tank, clanks are not going to be a well recieved toon and for soloing i just don't see it, sure you wont be getting hit but your dps will be lite and sad.

a max ac toon is only viable in a couple of places and in those places people will not be looking for a cleric. good luck sounds boring but to each each his own have fun.
    because we clerics can!.
    why run around like an 20 cleric with 3 ac, 150hp. while it could be 107!. with about 380!. that can do traps....
    who would like to run around shroud, vod, or hound with an big "kill me" sign?

his blade barrier and implosion will be a force to be reckoned with as well... do dps soloing should be fine

*sigh* Because, while you're whining about "how you're supposed to do things", this build will be happily soloing raids and epics, all in blissful, non-mainstream silence.
    Near useless builds for those who want a challenge: The True(ly Useless) Necromancer - The Abuse Sponge Paladin
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I like the looks of this quite a bit personaly. I dont every consider ship buffs or yurgo pots, or store pots or blocking.......but have to have them for show. Without those, and alone, your still cruising out of ce at 76 ac, or 81 in ce.

For non epic, that is game over thru elite for soloing or sideways damage. So I like it. In groups your just a level 17 cleric, but instead of standing back healing your probably, in the melees proximity with healing auras giong all the time and a little blast of cure serious once in a while. With no hate generation nor intimidate, your not able to hold agro. Rogue will allow you to add that to build if you wanted to sacrifice something else..........for a modest intimidate.

Just putzing around blade barrier kiting, this build looks good to me. And I dont see that you sacrifice any healing cababliity when in group and that is the role you want. Once you taste this 80ish ac, I bet you wil be hard pressed to put down the crummy shroud weapons you'll need to build to slot in the stat boosts (I havent much thought about them.) A radience and lighting or void kama set might be doable.

Really dont see ya giving my much to make this happen other than the long grind to gear up. 20 pure cleric cap, couple top end spells to load........and fighting the group needs of clericing with the ablitiy to take over when ya want.

Looks like a fun challenge to build.

(as i tought more about it, I woudl be curious about mana useage.........cant count on torc or con opp like many battle caster/clerics to keep you consta topped, and chopped to 17/2/1 yoru base mana pool will be conservitive. May want to start stocking up on mana pots and Med Eberron shards now.)
    Last edited by Varr; 10-24-2010 at 07:28 PM.
    Varr's all over. Sarlona Varrr getting the love currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Depravity View Post
    *sigh* Because, while you're whining about "how you're supposed to do things", this build will be happily soloing raids and epics, all in blissful, non-mainstream silence.
    He did that with a 76 AC. I wouldn't question a 76. Even an 80. But why 107? Interesting as a quick little thought exercise, but I think it's more useful just to show how a breakdown of how a useful AC can be reasonably obtained, and Valiance did that already.

Anyway OP, I can't figure out how you got 50 WIS:

18 Base
    7 Helm of Mronan
    5 Levels
    4 Tome
    3 Cleric
    3 Exceptional
    2 Water Stance
    2 Yugo pot
    2 Store Pot
    2 Airship Shrine
    =48

So what'd I miss?

It is neat to see this though. I was wondering earlier today about the max AC a clonk could hit. I am expecting to hit 80-ish on my Khopesh-swingin' TR. That'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhaz1970
    Welcome to D&D (or D&D based in DDO's case) where players have spent the last 34 years rolling characters that they want to play, that fit what they think is fun, or their idea of a heroic fantasy character...
    Orien: Sevalia|Cugel|Fedor|Blastomatic

Valiance created this build long ago, and has used it to solo VoD [and was one of the first to do so] and Epic VoN4, among other things.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by yams View Post
    He did that with a 76 AC. I wouldn't question a 76. Even an 80. But why 107? Interesting as a quick little thought exercise, but I think it's more useful just to show how a breakdown of how a useful AC can be reasonably obtained, and Valiance did that already.

Anyway OP, I can't figure out how you got 50 WIS:

18 Base
    7 Helm of Mronan
    5 Levels
    4 Tome
    3 Cleric
    3 Exceptional
    2 Water Stance
    2 Yugo pot
    2 Store Pot
    2 Airship Shrine
    =48

So what'd I miss?

It is neat to see this though. I was wondering earlier today about the max AC a clonk could hit. I am expecting to hit 80-ish on my Khopesh-swingin' TR. That'll be fun.
    Deneith potion +3

also valience build is neito, but optimized for another goal, his was soloing.
    he dropped wisdom to 17, putted those points into str, and charisma.
    alowing him to reach power atack, and DM1. maybe charisma and strength runes / levers along the way.

Mine is purely Ac and spell casting based. lowering wisdom would be taboo in this build.

also notice the drag bar on the bottom of my 1st post. drag it to the right, then scroll up. it shows the remaining points of my ability scores.
    Last edited by erikbozelie; 10-24-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Community Member

well i could raise ac by another 1 by dropping strength and alitle bit con into it.
    then take roque2 for the +1 dex.
    ill lose 1 feat from monk2 tho.

I wouldnt do that to this build tho, too much sacrifice for it. but if this is maxing ac, might aswell make an notice of it.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

What exactly are you trying to do with this? It's pretty on paper, but you want to be an offensive caster who has high AC? Are you going to raid heal? Epic heal? What difficulty? Solo quests? Tank raids?

Can you show your gear slotting?
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

A couple suggestions.

1. Go back through all your AC numbers. At a quick glance i can see at least a few items that are wrong either in your calcs or that you're counting and shouldn't be in other portions of your build.

2. Also, do yourself a favor and don't count buffs you can't give yourself, active blocking, or that last for less than 3 minutes as they're all pretty unrealistic to sustain and you can't or won't be bothering with them in real game play situations.

Neither of these suggestions allude to the playability or plausibility of this build, but don't be surprised by the vast difference between what you see on paper and what actually plays out in the game.
    READ ME NEW PLAYERS!!!
    Aeneas - Boosterseat - Eulogy - Diminutive - Moths

Your HP is too low to "tank" anything worthwhile.

1 disentegrate from Horoth and you are dead.

I soloed VoD on my Evoker Favored Soul.

*Anyone* can solo DQ on elite as long as they have some sort of UMD (Waves) and a way to range her.

I am really not sure what you think you will accomplish with this build. Looks like a lot of work/grind for something that is sub-par as far as most stuff goes.

I also think your numbers are wrong in many places...

Don't get me wrong...you can solo stuff...but so can a 18WIZ/2ROG or pretty much anything with strong Blade Barriers.

Torc+Concord Opp > Armor Class for *most* casters
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Community Member

In comparison to the Valiance build:

I'd love to see gear breakdown, since I don't think you can actually fit all those items on there.

I agree with needing slightly more HP.

Your melee output is going to be substantially weaker (nigh useless with no strength, no divine might, no ITWF/GTWF etc), but your blade barrier will be better. Which will be acceptable in situations where you can BB kite, but you'll be weaker in places you can't (like secondary DPS on raids, etc).
    Thelanis: Ikeren --- Paladin, Life 2 (Past Life: Cleric). Dylas --- Cleric late teens, Life 1.

Community Member

Default your missing my pointers.

Like the 100 ac monk somewhere on this forrum/
    source: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=150704
    mine is also just an reference to get this high as ac.

108 cannot be maintained in any way. same like the 100 strength barbs;

As far as the gear layout. well you are an caster. so casting buffs instead of slots would safe alot of em.
    this would lower the ac by quit an bit.

But Ill give it an go as requested:

body: icy rainment + alchemical ritual.

main: Greensteel kama: +6 wisdom, + 6 strength +4 ac + whatever... ?
    off: Greensteel kama:+1 exeptional wisdom + 2 exeptional wisdom + 3 ac, +3 saves + 11 balance. ( i know ac doesnt stack)

(yes icy rainment wont stack with +3 saves eaghter, needed to dump em in somewhere).

cloak: +5 protection( not really nessesary with the +4 icy, but hey).
    beld: greater false life + con+6. named item.
    ring1: clattering ring.
    ring2: Tod ring? +3 exeptional dex, no clue how this should work.

bracers: +8 armor.
    helmet: minos legends.
    trinkit: +5 DR trinkit, bloodrage its called i think?

i think thats about it for all the items listed below. ( for ac).
    leaving neclace, boots, and gloves up for your own choose.

I really do not think you(or maybe I) have a clue how your AC is going to get high.

Your gear is very incomplete...

I do not see where you start with like 48 DEX and a 50 WIS...

I am very interested in how you get just those 2 stats so high.

Also maybe English is not your first language (if so, my apologies). But please spell things (like the named items) correctly so others can look up what you are talking about.

AKA...

clattering ring = chattering ring
    icy rainment= icy raiment

also many others
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

yeah 5 dr blood raged symbiot sure helps trudsey out on his glancing blows

with Trudsey's auras going all the time he is a solo machine.

Trudsey currently is a 18 cleric 2 monk mode.

He has no problem healing raids etc.

I wanted the extra cleric level over rogue I find I try do less melle and use bb more often

The people that say these builds dont work is due to they group with people that dont know how to play the build.

It is very gear dependant and clicky timing dependant.

All classes come down to this it is how well you play it.

I constantly find trudsey coming in to save the day to go solo the dungeon after some group started it and wiped and he comes in solo gets their stones and finishes it up. The problem coems when you group with poor builds super squishy and have to waste all your mana healing the glass cannon that likes seeing his big hit numbers and is totally gimped.

I learned to just carry their stone and say i will raise them soon :P

trudsey 18/2 cleric monk
    trudle 18/2 fighter pally intimitank

Community Member

well sorry about that. as you said, my English is not my first language of choose.

about my ability stats. Scroll to the right in my main post. bar is at the bottom.

There is also the thing that i am free to play. while many of you are probably having "rolling eyes" now, i never claimed to have the resources able to make this toon.

I have currently 10 adventure packs, 1 race, and 1 class unlocked so far. so please forgive me for any mis-usage of tod rings, or named items, etc, that i haven't unlocked so far.

now before anyone starts nagging on my post. I made this post in order as an reference how to get it this high. It cannot be maintained, 108 ac isnt going to live past beholders.

As for gear. i Requested help with it in the 1st post as i am unfamiliar with the special monk stances + item stackings.

the remaining stuff that where in my first post are mostly +6 enhancement items, an +5 protection X, Icy raiment, and +4 ac greensteel kama.

thats about it.

Most of the ac stuff where feats, and ability scores / racial.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast