Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UI Skin: Cosmos

Quote Originally Posted by FeralKittie View Post
    Although, he did make one very small alteration that I rather like, keep an eye out for it.
    I like that little change.. not going to ruin the surprise for folks that are looking for it though
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

Thumbs up

thank u for taking the time to make a great skin, so subtle to the eye.

I noticed something maybe its from my end, some of the fonts of Currently Equiped are from the same yellow as the borders wich make them kinda bright.

love the update.
    Ghallanda Server: Rodasch - Pale Master, Niccolina - Assassin, Mahlak - Radiant Servant, Etayn - Monster, Brikbaht - Tukaw, Khawstik - Pale Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi-koibito View Post
    I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a fat guy in a Godzilla suit.

Default v2.3 Available

Finally got Cosmos v2.3 updated and uploaded, compatible with the recent UI changes. I've changed how I was doing some of the healthbar percent markers, let me know what you think!

Changes:
    v2.3
    New healthbar* images added & old ones redone

New inventory tab added

Mail icon, courtesy of Harpingfool

Also thanks to Backley for finding the names of the new images, and to Rodrak for the U12 Default art
    Last edited by FeralKittie; 11-10-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    ~~~~{Rampant Altoholic based in Cannith and multiplying...}~~~~

~~~~{Former UI skin author of Cosmos, currently waiting for a new art asset release}~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by az4a3l View Post
    thank u for taking the time to make a great skin, so subtle to the eye.

I noticed something maybe its from my end, some of the fonts of Currently Equiped are from the same yellow as the borders wich make them kinda bright.
    Thanks!

Sorry I didn't see your post and respond earlier. I can't actually do any adjustments to the text so, yeah, it's possible it's on your end but, perhaps, could you post a screen shot and I'll see if there's anything I can do?

~~~~{Former UI skin author of Cosmos, currently waiting for a new art asset release}~~~~

Thanks for the updated version; I've just gotten used to the based skin again so the Cosmos skin will feel brand new again. IMO the best skin made for DDO so far (sorry R!)

Gedian Greymalkin R20/e5[SD5] H N | Erdric Aendricaes FV20/e3[EA4] E LN | Vollmer Itsu P20/e3[US5] H LG | Bale Traeger B20/e2[FS4] H N | ~Thurauk D'Soronath~ A20/e2[MR3] D CG

I downloaded and installed Comos v2.3 and this is the result I get.

Now from what I have seen in this thread this doesn't look right, non of the chat windows has changed or the XP bar, so have I missed something? I extracted the files and placed the folder in my DDO\ui\skins folder and selected it in game.

Thanks for any help and this thing looks the dogs danglies! Awesome!

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post

Now from what I have seen in this thread this doesn't look right, non of the chat windows has changed or the XP bar, so have I missed something? I extracted the files and placed the folder in my DDO\ui\skins folder and selected it in game.

Stoner81.
    Unfortunately U14: MotU has changed the UI layout and many elements aren't modable anymore.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Stoner81.
    DDO has updated parts of the UI and hasn't updated the UI Skinning ability to enable us to skin the new UI parts, so there is no way to skin the current chat boxes/health bars/XP bar/menu/etc.

So, if/when DDO ever enables skinning of these new parts then skin authors can update their skins to edit them. Until then, what you have there is as much as can be skinned.

Wish Turbine would care more about this, but they obviously don't. They haven't updated the skinning since update 14 (5 months ago).
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Stoner81.
    Sorry about that. Yeah, with the expansion some assets of the UI became unskinnable. It's too bad since there were folks doing some really excellent skins. I know I had alot of fun making Cosmos. It's part of what led me back to school to formally learn how to do stuff like this. Big geek confession, a game influenced a major life decision of mine.

At least it's not me making a **** up somewhere then so that's a relief, thanks again for the awesome work in to the skin and if the time ever comes where it can be updated to include the "unskinnable" bits then I will be more than happy to be use it and support any way I can.

All the best with going back to school

Stoner81.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234