Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UI Skin: Cosmos

I can't say enough good things about this fantastic skin, so I won't try.

Thank you very much for taking the time to make this available to all of us, it is greatly appreciated!!

Dresek's Guide to Creating New Characters:

1. Make Character
    2. Turn off General Chat, Trade Chat, Advice Chat
    3. Disable soft targeting and autotargeting.
    4. Turn off hints.
    5. Load Cosmos UI!

I can't play the game, even on a bank mule, without Cosmos. I'm hooked!

Basic, universal rogue build advice
    "Not in the face! Not in the faaaaaace!"

Really nice work on the UI! Keep up the good work.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by FeralKittie View Post
    Thanks! I went with blue because I wanted to make sure my boyfriend would use it too, lol! If I'd just kept my own taste in mind, the whole thing would have been deep purple with forest green accents!

I'd love to make a purple version, but I really can't be sure when I'd be able to get to it so, if you want to give it a whirl, here's what I do.

Disclaimer: I use Corel PaintShop Photo, so I'm not sure specifically about other programs. Also, I'm no expert so there's probably easier ways to do these things.

In paintshop photo, with images I want to color completely, I go to effects>effect browser>adjust>hue and saturation>colorize. This keeps all of the original texture. If none of the premade options appeal, click once on any of them, then click modify. Then play with the hue and saturation bars until you get what you want.

On images where I only want to colorize a portion, it gets a little more complicated. I create a new raster layer in the layers palette and, on this layer, color in the different sections of the image in bright contrasting colors. It's a good idea to save once that's done in a format that supports layers (.psp in my case) so you have a working image should you want to make changes later; I make a special folder for this to keep it organized. Then, using the magic wand selection tool, I can select one of my colored-in sections, turn this layer invisible, select the main image layer in the layers palette and any changes or effects I want to do will only apply to the selected portion of the image. When saving, double check that any layers you don't want in the final image are invisible or have been deleted and save in .tga format (or whatever the skin definition file calls for, but usually it's .tga) in the same folder as your skin definition file.

If you want to upload your work for other people to use, and I highly encourage you do, you'll need to change the name of the skin. From the skin folder, open the skin definition file. Right click the body of the skin definition window and go to view source. This opens up a text document. Where it says skin name, inside the quotation marks, type whatever name you want and save.

I should also note that you won't see any changes you've made in game while you're signed in to DDO. You have to sign out and sign back in for changes to take effect.

Oh, and if you want to work off of my skin as your starting point, or if anyone wants to use any part of it in their own work and then upload it, please feel free! Just give my work a mention when you do, and I'll be happy. I want to see more DDO skins out there!
    Awesome, thanks for the instructional. When my work schedule dies down a little and I've got more time to play with it I'll be making some mods to it and uploading my changes (with due credit to you of course!). Again, thank you for the wonderful looking skin and keep up the good work.
    Ghallanda Server: Rodasch - Pale Master, Niccolina - Assassin, Mahlak - Radiant Servant, Etayn - Monster, Brikbaht - Tukaw, Khawstik - Pale Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi-koibito View Post
    I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a fat guy in a Godzilla suit.

This may be stupid but... how do I extract the files after downloading? I get one RAR file when I download it and there is no extract option when I right-click it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiadais View Post
    This may be stupid but... how do I extract the files after downloading? I get one RAR file when I download it and there is no extract option when I right-click it.
    WinRAR
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Love this skin. Thanks for the work you've put into it.

Default Update v2.2

Cosmos v2.2 is available!

This update includes a couple of requests I received from a few different players: NESW directional markers in the MiniMap (guess people really liked ReaperAlexEU's idea ) and a revamped equipped item image for the hotbar. I went through quite a few different designs, especially for the equipped items icon, before I settled on anything so I'd love to hear if people think it fits the bill or if it needs more work.

Once again, thanks for all the encouragement I've received and the great suggestions!

Changes:
    v2.2
    icon_selected_overlay, indicating equipped items on the hotbars, has been redone for higher visibility

NSEW directional markers added to minimap (radar_circle_brass_foreground_2)

Patched up some holes on the party healthbars (healthbar_fellowship*)

netstatus_connectionugly added to skin definitions (btw, I chuckle every time I see the name for the three net status images; the good, the bad and the ugly )
    ~~~~{Rampant Altoholic based in Cannith and multiplying...}~~~~

~~~~{Former UI skin author of Cosmos, currently waiting for a new art asset release}~~~~

Thanks Ferralkittie!

Really nice skin. I'm using it right now.
    -= Proud member of the MAC guild on Khyber =-
    Aganthor (Completionist (4/13), Human Paladin, L7)
    Alts: Caitlan (Ftr) / Gimlinas (Barb) / Chakmar (Sorc) / Shureyoucan (Monk) / Nessyia (Ranger), Dystran (Cleric), Karkwa (Rogue-Acrobat), Mekkanik (WF FvS), etc.

Discovered now there is a tread about this wonderfull skin and I personally want to thank You as this is my preferred skin that I have always in use. I like a lot the not-intrusive color tone and the very usefull lined hp/sp bar so i can keep an eye on boss hp for an easy reference, infact all guild member ask me the % of life left

Tyvm for the great skin!

Ps. Please remember to update it to the new hp/sp bar of update 11 that actually create a bad and confused picture, and I found on lamma that the new 6th inventary slot (the ddo store one) is clearly of the standard (gold) color and I have to say is not so ugly as it will give a sort of "special" flavor.

Ps 2. If I can contribute a bit I'd like a sort of green lighted object in use of another skin (that I don't remeber it), so it's easy to recognize wich item is in use.

Is there a planned update for this in light of the UI changes that U11 brings us?
    and thanks for an awesome skin, btw.
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

You can start from the new files in Info Blue 1.7. List of the concerned files.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    You can start from the new files in Info Blue 1.7. List of the concerned files.
    And Backley to my rescue once again!

I've been trying to figure something out and been a bit frustrated . I'll work on getting something out as soon as I can with that info, thanks.

Thanks for everybody's interest!

Also, Claymorep, not sure if you saw it, but I did make a pale yellow icon the last time I updated to indicate which item is in use on your hotbars more visibly. Though, if you prefer the image from another skin, the name of the image is icon_selected_overlay. If you replace it in your Cosmos folder with the version from another skin you like better, that's what you'll get in game. Hope that helps!

~~~~{Former UI skin author of Cosmos, currently waiting for a new art asset release}~~~~

Community Member

Please dude, help all of us.. xD.. New UI sucks.. I love your skin!

Does this change all DM narration to Carl Sagans voice?

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by Aaxeyu View Post

hahhaha! no, but that would be hilariously awesome

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaxeyu View Post
    LOL!

Awesome. There's at least a couple dungeons where I wish it did . That show is, indeed, where I got the inspiration for the name. Thanks for a good laugh.

LOL!

Awesome. There's at least a couple dungeons where I wish it did . That show is, indeed, where I got the inspiration for the name. Thanks for a good laugh.
    Hehe, yeah it would be really awesome

Though, if you prefer the image from another skin, the name of the image is icon_selected_overlay. If you replace it in your Cosmos folder with the version from another skin you like better, that's what you'll get in game. Hope that helps!
    That's what I did -- using the icon_selected_overlay from InfoBlue right now because it's very easy to see without being intrusive.

As for the party UI, I went into the SkinDefinition.xml file and commented out the healthbar_* lines

Code:
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="headerTab_topRight_rolledOver" FileName="headerTab_topRight_rolledOver.tga"></Mapping>
    <!--
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_3Bar_brass_background" FileName="healthbar_3Bar_brass_background.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_3Bar_brass_foreground" FileName="healthbar_3Bar_brass_foreground.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_brass_background" FileName="healthbar_brass_background.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_brass_foreground" FileName="healthbar_brass_foreground.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_fellowship_background" FileName="healthbar_fellowship_background.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_fellowship_foreground" FileName="healthbar_fellowship_foreground.tga"></Mapping>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_fellowship_singleMeter_foreground" FileName="healthbar_fellowship_singleMeter_foreground.tga"></Mapping>
    -->
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="henchmen_detach_bar" FileName="henchmen_detach_bar.tga"></Mapping>
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

Default Quickfix

Just uploaded a U11 Quickfix that Harpingfool was kind enough to send to me. Very cool of him to whip that up and share it . He essentially did what binnsr suggested above, so if you've already gone ahead and done that on your own, no need to download this one.

Although, he did make one very small alteration that I rather like, keep an eye out for it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast