Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Backley's Info Blue UI Skin

This is my own skin. I try to get the interface to give me as much information as possible, and also to be less gaudy (lose the gold).

See the description and pictures here:
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...-InfoBlue.html

Comments? Questions?
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

I'm very impressed at the amount of info you've managed to cram on there, overwhelmed really. Some guys in a pug were making fun of someone for impossibly precise estimates of the Mabar Dragon's health "She's at about 44%" but with such a rigorous display such a feat would be easy.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Updated again: More blue pieces (from Cosmos skin with permission), labels on the main menu bar, re-did the bank and backpack bag icons.

Edit: note that lotrointerface.com hasn't approved the new file yet for download. You are looking for Info Blue 1.4.zip when it is available.
    Last edited by Backley; 11-13-2010 at 04:31 AM.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

This is great, though there appears to be a small bug with the XP bar: sometimes I get both old and new numbers at the same time, most often when I reach a new bubble, and the progress indicator will have the old 'full' status.

Let me know if you need more info to track down the problem.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Barazon View Post
    This is great, though there appears to be a small bug with the XP bar: sometimes I get both old and new numbers at the same time, most often when I reach a new bubble, and the progress indicator will have the old 'full' status.

Let me know if you need more info to track down the problem.
    This is a Known Bug:
    2. Clear XP bar doesn't update correctly sometimes. Use Alt+Z twice to hide and un-hide the UI to update the XP bar correctly.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

i use this skin
    i love this skin
    if i could give you 100 rep for it, i would..

sorry, gotta settle for just +1

THANK YOU for making this awesome skin <3

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Inspired by this request on the Suggestions forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eme View Post
    think it would be a good addition on the inventory panel, to put a green/orange/red bar background behind your current carrying limit so you can see how close you are to becoming encumbered.
    I updated the skin with this:

If you only want that part of the skin, copy just the "encombrance*.tga" files from my skin into your favorite skin, replacing the files in that skin. (This only works if the other skin includes those files and names them the standard names, otherwise you have to do some text editing in the SkinDefinition.xml.)

Just uploaded the new "Info Blue 1.5b.zip", make sure you get that version once it is available on the site.

As always, if other skin authors want to use this, please do.

What is the 'map notes' window in the fourth screenshot, and how do I access it? Is this something unique to this skin (I thought skins were just look and feel not new data)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    What is the 'map notes' window in the fourth screenshot, and how do I access it? Is this something unique to this skin (I thought skins were just look and feel not new data)?
    When you open the map, click the little spy glass with the minus sign (-). This will take you the main map or Xendrik. When you highlight the section of the map that says Stormreach, a box appears that says Click Here for Notes.

Hope this helps
    "A player must always feel like the failure of a challenge is entirely his own responsibility, and not a fault of a poorly designed product."
    Alleyna; Mekanix; Darsith - Intel Rq'd - Orien

Smile

Ah, so updated again. guess I will have to download it again.. Glad to help yesterday with numbers for you. As always love the skin and would not change it for any others I have seen to date.

Spanken
    On Orien: Spanken Leader of Epic Fail
    Alts: Badbigboom, donations, hurttin, Atkron and many variations of spanken too many to list.

Community Member

by far my favorite skin, i love all the info this skin provides. +1

Love it.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Heh so I can see exact HP of those I'm healing?

;-)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Just DL'd and installed - love this! Truly the best skin I've tried with DDO so far.

+1 for a great community contribution.
    Nivinith Spellsinger Bard
    Peace, Love, & Broccoli
    "If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold,
    it would be a much merrier world."
    -JRR Tolkien

Having trouble with getting the UI to load on my one laptop (it's working great on the other), and I've done the exact same steps on both laptops. When I get the offending laptop back on Friday I'll post again and see what I'm doing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Thumbs up Nice Work

Very nice. The encumbrance scale will be very handy on my monk.
    Mazertron - Polymath - Icastflare - Threeword - Jujan - Zurgur

Quote Originally Posted by Cubethulu View Post
    Hi Welcome is now welcome to enter The Cube's belly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Look at the Ion stones on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsith View Post
    When you open the map, click the little spy glass with the minus sign (-). This will take you the main map or Xendrik. When you highlight the section of the map that says Stormreach, a box appears that says Click Here for Notes.

Hope this helps
    ah, so this is your own personal 'notes', replacing the stormreach map (map_xendrick_stormreach_zoomin.jpg) yes? At first glance it looked like a context sensitive notes page based on quest. Still cool, particularly the creature type section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

I've used this skin for a while now and I'm really happy with it. Particularly the map notes, for info on most stuff. However, if I may offer a suggestion: How about DR breaking in stead of the banes? Maybe even in addition to them. I guess I could edit the picture myself and I think I might, but I thought I'd offer the suggestion all the same.

In any case, thank you for this skin.
    Working crafted handwraps, that would be nice. Anytime soon.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by B.Ogre View Post
    ah, so this is your own personal 'notes', replacing the stormreach map (map_xendrick_stormreach_zoomin.jpg) yes?
    Exactly correct.

Quote Originally Posted by basketaske View Post
    I've used this skin for a while now and I'm really happy with it. Particularly the map notes, for info on most stuff. However, if I may offer a suggestion: How about DR breaking in stead of the banes? Maybe even in addition to them. I guess I could edit the picture myself and I think I might, but I thought I'd offer the suggestion all the same.

In any case, thank you for this skin.
    The Bane information is based on the table at http://ddowiki.com/page/Bane_%28weap...Creature_types (which I've also helped update a lot).

I couldn't find a good concise list of Monster DR when I started making this Notes image.

Checking now, I'd probably go from the list at http://ddowiki.com/index.php?title=D...ion#Monster_DR, but possibly something more expansive like http://ddowiki.com/page/Monster_DR_and_weaknesses would be better?

Plus, both of those lists may be incomplete. Any help on updating them would be appreciated.

The other problem will be fitting all that info into the image, but I'll see what I can do.

Much appreciated man. As soon as they fix the "turning map" bug, it'll be perfect for me.
    Working crafted handwraps, that would be nice. Anytime soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast