Default Bug that pops up with no warning

I have a had a bug for several months now. Pops up randomly with no warning. Out of the blue, my screen starts rotating around my toon with no way to stop it. I've tried everything. The only way to stop it is to completely Disconnect from DDO. I don't mean Log out, but rather shut down DDO completely, the log back in.

It is impossible to move around accruately when this starts happening. I can still swing my weapons wildly and hit mobs and do damage, but it is really frustrating.

Anyone else have problems similar to this?

I used to have issues like that from time to time, but that was on my old desktop in full screen. My new desktop (window mode) and laptop (full screen mode) do not get this bug anymore. The easiest way I found to correct the situation was to alt-tab to windows and then return into the game.

It's probably not a bug with DDO, but more likely that one of your arrows keys on the number pad (4 or 6) are getting stuck.

Community Member Pallol_One-Eye's Avatar
    Basking in the glory of a Bruins Championship

Default ..

Maybe, just maybe you toggled mouselook on/off?

I do it for kicks every once in a while, makes the entire area spin like a vomit-inducing fighter-jet ride.

Then I remember I'm just reliving bad acid days and turn it back on.

Next time you are online, give it a try and tell me if it looks the same. If so, try hitting the "T" key and see what happens.

May not be what your problem is, but sounds very similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by EustaceTrevelyan View Post
    A team-killing f-tard is a team-killing f-tard, no matter how long they've played.

Either your right and left arrow key needs to be tapped to correct this, or the 4 or 6 key, which also serve as left and right arrows, on the numberpad needs to be tapped to correct this.

Next time this happens, try tapping each of those 4 keys one time each. It will likely stop.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    I have a had a bug for several months now. Pops up randomly with no warning. Out of the blue, my screen starts rotating around my toon with no way to stop it. I've tried everything. The only way to stop it is to completely Disconnect from DDO. I don't mean Log out, but rather shut down DDO completely, the log back in.

It is impossible to move around accruately when this starts happening. I can still swing my weapons wildly and hit mobs and do damage, but it is really frustrating.

Anyone else have problems similar to this?
    I have a similar/same problem from time to time, but it has nothing to do with DDO. My keyboard is bluetooth and likes to refresh its connection at the most inopportune times, like in a raid or while on a tough quest. It takes about 5-10 seconds to finish then I'm back to normal. Just like you, everything revolves around like I'm spinning in place quickly, sometimes it runs me into walls, off cliffs, walkways, etc. I can still use my mouse with no problem and can attack if something is close enough to me. It's probably a setting in my bluetooth, but I've not taken the time to figure it out. It may happen to me like once every 2-3 days.

yea, stuck key....adqe or the arrows...anything to do with movement or turning.

old kepyboard, lots of junk food, stuck keys
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

It occurs usually while playing in window mode having accidently dragged the mouse off the screen while looking around so the window doesnt read the on mouse button up event. This can also happen with wireless devices if they disconnect in a similar manner.

The resolution is to click off the window and reckick on it, then press t and it should rectify.

Alternatively press t a few times and it will correct, this isn't a bug that can easily be worked around with the typed of interface it is merely how computers use messages between windows, the mouse up message has been lost.

Thank you all for the suggestions....

I will note that my key board is only abour 6 months old now, and is not wireless. My mouse is not wireless either.

I will give your suggestions a try.