Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
  1. #1

    Default LF Mature Players for Sarlona Static Group

    Howdy

    I'm putting together a 5 or 6 person static group on Sarlona. Vets, Newbs and anyone in-between are welcome to join. We would play on either Wednesdays or Thursdays 8:00 to 10:30ish EST.
    The fairly standard rules would be as follows:

    -No Twinking-We'll go back to our roots and live off the fat of the land
    -No Zerging. We go in as a group and tackle the dungeons together.
    -We all level together. No one gets left behind if they miss a week. Of course if you do miss a week (RL always takes precedence over this game),it's no big deal, but you should make an effort to try to catch up.
    -You must have a mic

    Who am I looking for
    Mature adults who can set aside an evening for leveling, questing and some laughs without drama, ego trips or any other madness. Power gamers, drama queens, rage quitters or uber elites need not apply.

    If you are interested, leave a reply here or just send me a P.M. We'll start after Update 7 comes out so anyone looking to play a half-orc or half-elf can do so. Also let me which day works best for you and what class you intend to play.

    Hope to see you in game

    Ok, so far we have:

    Vesco-Favored Soul
    Asashoryu-Sorcerer
    OZ-Paladin
    Hog-Cleric
    Le-Goat-Rogue
    Jacobius-Barbarian or Bard

    We are now a full party. However anyone else, thanks for your interest. If anything changes (someone not showing up or dropping out), I will contact you and let you know. Thanks for your interest.
    Thanks.

    EDIT: One thing I would like to add. I'm no school marm and don't expect you to be either. We will be using "salty" language, so if that offends you, please don't join up. However I insist on respecting outher people, cultures, backgrounds, orientations or whatever. Any nonsense like that and you will be kicked out. If you wonder if some statement crosses the line, just keep it to yourself.
    Last edited by RobertVesco; 10-22-2010 at 02:22 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Howdy, I'm intestersted.

    I have a couple characters on Sarlona. I'm mature, and have played one year, so I think that makes me in-between a Vet and a Newb. I would be available on Weds or Thurs from 7 to 9:30 CST. I am not a power gamer or drama queen, nor any type of quitter or elite.

    I am open to playing any type of character (although I've not had much luck with bards, favored souls or monks... not sure why...). Most of my characters are in a Permadeath guild, and I think that has helped me learn to be a better player. I hate to die and find that I'm getting pretty good at avoiding that.

    I think that every adventurer should be able to help himself and his team mates. I try to always have both melee and missle weapons, as well as an aid clickie and the heal skill & some healer's kits to help anyone who goes down. Even if I don't have any ranks in the skill, I know that I can bring people back from the brink with a lucky roll. (I once did this with a rog/ftr in the middle of Kobold Assault.) Nothing is worse than standing around being unable to help when your buddy needs it most.

    I am online most nights, so please drop me a \tell if you see me. My character's names all begin with "Oz", so you should have no trouble finding me.

    Thanks!
    -Ozmar the Eager Gamer
    I can has no signature. Alas!

  3. #3

    Default

    Great Oz. I don't have anyone on Sarlona as of yet, but I will be contacting you. As a permadeath player, your skills would be invaluable.
    It looks like Thursday is going to be the night.

    We still need Melees, but please play what you want.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    235

    Default VIP or Premium options?

    I'm available Thursdays on Sarlona and this sounds fun. I have some questions about your guidelines though.

    Are you starting characters at level 1 or 4 (veteran)? Are 32 point characters allowed in or do they have to be 28 pointers? I'm assuming no TRs or it will be hard to adventure together only and maintain the same level. Any Drow?

    How about quest packs? I'm premium and bought almost all of them but I'm not VIP so I'm missing a few like 3 Barrel Cove and Red Fens for now.

    I like playing clerics and favored souls but it looks like you've got that covered. I've leveled a trap wizard but wouldn't want to do an arcane again unless we weren't going past level 16.

    I'd consider being a TWF fighter or THF barbarian but the non-twinking rule and missing airship buffs would make those a challenge getting decent weapons and fortification at-level. It's not that I'm a power gamer, but those classes are harder for me to gear than a cleric or bard without a little help from the AH or higher character's loot.
    Last edited by MeToo; 10-14-2010 at 10:45 AM.
    "What? Where?" *clunk, thud* :-)

  5. #5
    Community Member Poe76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The "NO" :)
    Posts
    197

    Default Sounds like a good time

    I'm down to give this a go, would like to roll up a half-orc cleric.

    But I can roll something else if needed to help out the group.

    I'm sure I can fit it with whoever is in the group and have a good time.

    Thanks!

    btw I'm V.I.P. so packs and stuff won't be a problem.
    *** Siggur...20 / Gallifar...20 / Valachieri...20 / Mattux...20 / Korrosion...20 / Mordakhai...20 / Soulsquasher...12 ***

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default :)

    I'd like to join too, is there any chance I could persuade you to play it an hour earlier? Thursdays would be best for me right now.

    I'm premium, have a couple of packs, and willing to get more (preferably the higher lvl stuff).

    Played mostly as an arcane caster, so skill-wise that would be what I'm best at, quite inexperienced at other classes. I don't mind rolling something else up, just that there might be a little learning curve.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeToo View Post
    I'm available Thursdays on Sarlona and this sounds fun. I have some questions about your guidelines though.

    Are you starting characters at level 1 or 4 (veteran)? Are 32 point characters allowed in or do they have to be 28 pointers? I'm assuming no TRs or it will be hard to adventure together only and maintain the same level. Any Drow?

    How about quest packs? I'm premium and bought almost all of them but I'm not VIP so I'm missing a few like 3 Barrel Cove and Red Fens for now.

    I like playing clerics and favored souls but it looks like you've got that covered. I've leveled a trap wizard but wouldn't want to do an arcane again unless we weren't going past level 16.

    I'd consider being a TWF fighter or THF barbarian but the non-twinking rule and missing airship buffs would make those a challenge getting decent weapons and fortification at-level. It's not that I'm a power gamer, but those classes are harder for me to gear than a cleric or bard without a little help from the AH or higher character's loot.
    Yeah, I should have made that clearer. We are starting out at level 1 on Korthos, and 32 point builds and any race are fine. TRs would be a problem because of the no Twinking and the heavier XP requirements, but I don't think any TR would be joining us anyway.
    Premium players wanting to join should have most adventure packs or be willing to purchase them. We can however, skip some quest.

    Anyone who wants Heavy Fortification at level 9 will get it for free from the BAM quest (FtP) so that shouldn't be a problem. Starting out, gearing ourselves will be a fun challenge, but by us all being in the same boat, it won't be that bad.

  8. #8
    Community Member le_goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Sounds like fun.I'm interested and would play a rogue or wiz/rogue ,or fighter

    **I'm also VIP
    Last edited by le_goat; 10-14-2010 at 01:21 PM.

  9. #9
    Community Member Jacobius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Sounds like fun . I could do Thursday nights. VIP been playing for 4 years would be a fun change no twinkling or anything. Willing to roll up what ever is needed. Let me know

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poe76 View Post
    I'm down to give this a go, would like to roll up a half-orc cleric.

    But I can roll something else if needed to help out the group.

    I'm sure I can fit it with whoever is in the group and have a good time.

    Thanks!

    btw I'm V.I.P. so packs and stuff won't be a problem.
    Great man. Like I stated before, it would be silly for me to tell you what to play. You wouldn't be having a good time and would want to quit anyway. I've seen it happen in another group I was in. This really cool guy didn't quit, thankfully, but he never seemed to enjoy playing his toon.
    Having said that, it looks like we will be needed DPS characters.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Oh yeah, I should mention that I am VIP.

    I think once you earn 32-pt builds, you can't exactly choose to make a 28-pt char.

    I haven't earned veteran status yet in any case (so level 1 is my only option).

    I still don't know what I would play, but maybe a half-orc rogue or barbarian? Or maybe a half-elf wizard or sorcerer?

    Whatever strikes my fancy, I guess. I am pretty sure I can fill a role if there is a gap.

    -Ozmar the Flexible
    I can has no signature. Alas!

  12. #12
    Community Member Asashoryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    My own personal ring of hell
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Just to clarify things, we WILL be using the Auction House but NOT hand-me-downs from existing characters...

  13. #13
    Community Member Poe76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The "NO" :)
    Posts
    197

    Default Sounds Great

    Please add me in and keep in touch on when this will officialy kick off, Thursdays are
    great for me, but I am in the pacific time zone US so before 5:30 pst pm I will be at work or on my way home.

    Its all good on class selection, will choose between rogue and maybe ranger/fighter then if there are too many divine healers.

    One caveat - I believe a half-orc cleric could very well be great dps for the group.

    Thanks!
    *** Siggur...20 / Gallifar...20 / Valachieri...20 / Mattux...20 / Korrosion...20 / Mordakhai...20 / Soulsquasher...12 ***

  14. #14
    Community Member Asashoryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    My own personal ring of hell
    Posts
    37

    Default

    A half-orc Cleric for DPS and back up healing sounds like a winner to me. Again, play what you want so you will enjoy yourself and the group will adapt. As far as I'm concerned, there is no right or wrong race/class combo.

  15. #15

    Default

    ok, it looks like we have some news. According to this article, update 7 will be available to everyone on the 22nd of October, so we could start on the 28th.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poe76 View Post
    Please add me in and keep in touch on when this will officialy kick off, Thursdays are
    great for me, but I am in the pacific time zone US so before 5:30 pst pm I will be at work or on my way home.

    Its all good on class selection, will choose between rogue and maybe ranger/fighter then if there are too many divine healers.

    One caveat - I believe a half-orc cleric could very well be great dps for the group.

    Thanks!
    The start time is going to have to 8:00 EST, so that would be a little early for you unfortunately. If anything changes, I will let you know.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    355

    Default

    It occurs to me that we might want to consider each player making sure that their character maxes out a particular ability. That way we'd be covered on any runes throughout the game.

    Just a thought.

    -Ozmar the Thoughtful
    I can has no signature. Alas!

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzmarDDO View Post
    It occurs to me that we might want to consider each player making sure that their character maxes out a particular ability. That way we'd be covered on any runes throughout the game.

    Just a thought.

    -Ozmar the Thoughtful
    That's a good idea, but it should just happen naturally as each person boost their primary stat, right?

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asashoryu View Post
    A half-orc Cleric for DPS and back up healing sounds like a winner to me. Again, play what you want so you will enjoy yourself and the group will adapt. As far as I'm concerned, there is no right or wrong race/class combo.
    3 very good points. I was focused on having a balanced party, but you are correct in that it can be accomplished in a variety of ways with a bunch of different classes.
    Your second point is one that really bears repeating.
    'play what you want so you will enjoy yourself and the group will adapt'

    So with that in mind, Everybody, let me know what you plan on playing, I'll pop it into the main post and we will go from there. You can always change you mind, of course, but seeing what others are playing may help out the undecided.

  20. #20
    Community Member le_goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    368

    Default

    I'll play a rogue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload