Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member Dylvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    528

    Default Character Generator

    Hey guys/gals. I normally use the DDO Character generator when I am tooling around with build ideas, but I often see another format posted here at the forums. It comes across as almost too consistant for people to be typing it all up each time (although it is possible), so I have been wondering... is there another character generator out there with a different format for laying them out on posts? If so what is the name / where might I find it?


    Thanks in advance,
    ~Dylvish

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    379

    Default

    This is the one I use. http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/

    Not sure if it's the right one. I seem to be having loading problems with it though.

  3. #3
    Founder Sani_Medicor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylvish View Post
    Hey guys/gals. I normally use the DDO Character generator when I am tooling around with build ideas, but I often see another format posted here at the forums. It comes across as almost too consistant for people to be typing it all up each time (although it is possible), so I have been wondering... is there another character generator out there with a different format for laying them out on posts? If so what is the name / where might I find it?


    Thanks in advance,
    ~Dylvish
    I saw your post about this in the rogue forum earlier. I've been posting my builds like that since before the character generator existed. I've actually always hated the character generator posts. They're just a mess to try to scroll through and figure out. I also hate the posts people do manually with tons of calculations that factor in every item and potion available in the game. All of that stuff effects every build the same way, so the only thing that matters is the basics...stats, feats, skills, and somewhat enhancements (since they can easily be changed). Anyway, I think the old school way of posting builds is making a comeback.

  4. #4
    Community Member Dylvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    528

    Default

    I don't have any problems with the DDO char gen, and I find it easy enough to read. I just like the other format a bit better when posting is all. You say you don't like the manual posts with all the gadgets, but you do like the old school way... So it IS just manual entry? Or is it a program? Inquiring minds want to know.

  5. #5
    Community Member Dylvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCameo View Post
    This is the one I use. http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/

    Not sure if it's the right one. I seem to be having loading problems with it though.
    Yeah, thats the DDO Character Generator program. THats the one I use currently. I dont have any problems loading it though. Mainly I'm just looking for other options. Ill post an example of the other style I'm talking about below.

    True Neutral Dwarf


    Stats
    Str 18
    Dex 12
    Con 16
    Int 12
    Wis 8
    Cha 8

    +2 tomes as you get them


    Level Progression (13 Rogue / 7 Fighter)
    Level 1 Rogue
    Level 2-3 Fighter
    Level 4-9 Rogue
    Level 10-13 Fighter
    Level 14-18 Rogue
    Level 19 Fighter
    Level 20 Rogue


    Feats
    1: Toughness
    2: Two Handed Fighting
    3: Stunning Blow
    3: Power Attack
    6: Iron Will (Any input on what i should use here? I don't think my will saves will be high enough to matter...)
    9: Improved Two Handed Fighting
    11: Weapon Focus: Bludgeoning Weapons
    12: Weapon Specialization: Bludgeoning Weapons
    13: Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons
    15: Greater Two Handed Fighting
    16: Opportunist
    18: Toughness (Again, any idea as to what i should take? Although the extra HP is nice)
    20: Improved Evasion


    Skills
    Maxed Rank
    UMD
    Disable Device
    Open Lock
    Search
    Spot

    Others
    Balance
    Jump
    Tumble


    Enhancements
    Fighter Attack Boost II
    Fighter Critical Accuracy II
    Fighter Strategy (Stunning Blow) III
    Fighter Strength I
    Fighter Toughness I
    Fighter Kensai I
    Fighter Quarterstaff Mastery I
    Rogue Haste Boost II
    Rogue Faster Sneaking I
    Rogue Sneak Attack Training IV
    Rogue Balance II
    Rogue Tumble II
    Rogue Dexterity III
    Rogue Theif Acrobat II
    Dwarven Constitution II
    Dwarven Spell Defense II
    Dwarven Tactics III
    Racial Toughness I

  6. #6
    Founder Sani_Medicor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylvish View Post
    I don't have any problems with the DDO char gen, and I find it easy enough to read. I just like the other format a bit better when posting is all. You say you don't like the manual posts with all the gadgets, but you do like the old school way... So it IS just manual entry? Or is it a program? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Manual entry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload