Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21
    Community Member Relenthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    I think the difference there is that the DT set bonuses were actually added as a third piece of the set as opposed to being able to replace either of the other parts.
    Nope, because if you had DT and lets say only the necklace from hound for lorricks, you would get 30% to lvl 8 spells. Then if you added the shield it was 50%, and vice versa

  2. #22
    Community Member Tarnoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    551

    Default Well

    i found it odd that they did this item with specific sets let alone specific items of a set......

    it should count as 1 piece of any set in game period

  3. #23
    Community Member FrostBeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Well Developers? Thoon? Turbine god or who ever..

    is the gem of many facets really a gem of many facets or are there only so many sides to this gem?

  4. #24
    Community Member Sirea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,744

    Default

    Bah, I fail at reading...nevermind.
    Last edited by Sirea; 11-04-2010 at 06:04 PM.
    \

  5. #25
    Community Member nightlinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    So no official answer...

  6. #26
    Community Member FengXian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Yeah I'd really like to know if the gem is WAI or not, I'd rather not roll an epic seal/shard and then have the item rot in my bank because I can't use it with the gem (like bracers of the claw).

    An official answer would be appreciated.
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

  7. #27
    Community Member MissMoogle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    106

    Default only rumors..

    I've 'HEARD' that a DEV may have mentioned something about eventually making Gem work for either piece of gear.. was told it was mentioned when Fens first came out.I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this? Hoping for an official response. ty

  8. #28
    Developer Genasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    97

    Default

    The intention for this item is indeed to make it count for either item in the set bonuses- I think at one point I responded to a PM saying that I wanted to make it work as such. Because I'm considering revisiting some Epic items again soon, this one has the potential to make that list, but I'm trying to start with the Epics that are truly terrible first and work my way up. Check out my post in this thread to see some of what I'm planning: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=40

  9. #29
    Community Member ColsonJade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    The intention for this item is indeed to make it count for either item in the set bonuses- I think at one point I responded to a PM saying that I wanted to make it work as such. Because I'm considering revisiting some Epic items again soon, this one has the potential to make that list, but I'm trying to start with the Epics that are truly terrible first and work my way up. Check out my post in this thread to see some of what I'm planning: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=40
    Just by making so either item works with the gem make several others better and more useful.
    Active: Meriam,
    Inactives: Fluorite, Bogenschutze, Merkava, Sorjak, Virgina, Heywire, Mayberry, Rhyodacite, Reepicheep
    Roving Guns

  10. #30
    Community Member grodon9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NJ/Ghallanda
    Posts
    9,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    The intention for this item is indeed to make it count for either item in the set bonuses- I think at one point I responded to a PM saying that I wanted to make it work as such. Because I'm considering revisiting some Epic items again soon, this one has the potential to make that list, but I'm trying to start with the Epics that are truly terrible first and work my way up. Check out my post in this thread to see some of what I'm planning: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=40
    I will name my first child after you.

  11. #31
    2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    The intention for this item is indeed to make it count for either item in the set bonuses- I think at one point I responded to a PM saying that I wanted to make it work as such. Because I'm considering revisiting some Epic items again soon, this one has the potential to make that list, but I'm trying to start with the Epics that are truly terrible first and work my way up. Check out my post in this thread to see some of what I'm planning: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=40
    Genasi - as always you are the best!
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

  12. #32
    Community Member Grimgore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Newark, DE
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    The intention for this item is indeed to make it count for either item in the set bonuses- I think at one point I responded to a PM saying that I wanted to make it work as such. Because I'm considering revisiting some Epic items again soon, this one has the potential to make that list, but I'm trying to start with the Epics that are truly terrible first and work my way up. Check out my post in this thread to see some of what I'm planning: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=40
    <Slight heart attack> You mean the devs actually read these formus and take suggestions? Can we have a thread praising them to go with the bashing ones (Now go destroy both sides of the PvP argument, quickly!)

    As always Gen, thank you very much!

  13. #33
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    The intention for this item is indeed to make it count for either item in the set bonuses- I think at one point I responded to a PM saying that I wanted to make it work as such. Because I'm considering revisiting some Epic items again soon, this one has the potential to make that list, but I'm trying to start with the Epics that are truly terrible first and work my way up. Check out my post in this thread to see some of what I'm planning: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=40
    <3!!!!

    I definitely see the reason to boost the Carnival items (currently, I just run those in the hopes of coming across Scroll of the Antique Greataxe and farming epic tokens), but that said, the sooner the change to epic Gem of Many Facets comes, the bigger the <3!!!!

  14. #34
    Hatchery Founder Ganak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    2,215

    Default

    Here's an idea for the Gem of MF (not super thoughtout I will add):

    Add the ToD set bonues. Not the ring, but rather the necklace or belt portion.
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

  15. #35
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    The intention for this item is indeed to make it count for either item in the set bonuses- I think at one point I responded to a PM saying that I wanted to make it work as such. Because I'm considering revisiting some Epic items again soon, this one has the potential to make that list, but I'm trying to start with the Epics that are truly terrible first and work my way up. Check out my post in this thread to see some of what I'm planning: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=40
    I am actually going to voice my displeasure with a decision to revisit this item. Ironically one of my guildies and friends in game is of the exact opposite opinion and he has been the most ardent supporter for this change. I believe that all melee will now wear epic bracers of the claw, epic charged gauntlets, and epic gem of many facets. Variety is the spice of life and this game. Having one set gear for all melee is boring.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  16. #36
    Community Member Tomalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I am actually going to voice my displeasure with a decision to revisit this item. Ironically one of my guildies and friends in game is of the exact opposite opinion and he has been the most ardent supporter for this change. I believe that all melee will now wear epic bracers of the claw, epic charged gauntlets, and epic gem of many facets. Variety is the spice of life and this game. Having one set gear for all melee is boring.
    Not true i bet i would keep my Epic Spec-gloves.

    The problem is the lack of real choices at the upper lvls.

  17. #37
    Community Member grodon9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NJ/Ghallanda
    Posts
    9,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomalon View Post
    Not true i bet i would keep my Epic Spec-gloves.

    That's my plan
    Last edited by grodon9999; 05-13-2011 at 03:48 PM.

  18. #38
    Community Member grodon9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NJ/Ghallanda
    Posts
    9,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    Here's an idea for the Gem of MF (not super thoughtout I will add):

    Add the ToD set bonues. Not the ring, but rather the necklace or belt portion.
    Wow . . . just wow . . . if it did that AND the Fens thingie that Gensai was proposing it'd be BY FAR the most over-powered thing in the game. Don't get me wrong I'd LOVE to see my neck and belt spots free up for more Epic or GS but that's too powerful.

  19. #39
    Community Member grodon9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NJ/Ghallanda
    Posts
    9,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomalon View Post
    The problem is the lack of real choices at the upper lvls.
    And the underlying reason for this is that Turbine's made the only choice for melees in epic to gear for is DPS, DPS, and DPS. Remove that value of AC or anything else really and what else are we going to slot for?

  20. #40
    2015 DDO Players Council Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I am actually going to voice my displeasure with a decision to revisit this item. Ironically one of my guildies and friends in game is of the exact opposite opinion and he has been the most ardent supporter for this change. I believe that all melee will now wear epic bracers of the claw, epic charged gauntlets, and epic gem of many facets. Variety is the spice of life and this game. Having one set gear for all melee is boring.
    I disagree, you really don't gain dps by taking off the bold trinket and slapping on the gem to open up the gloves for the charged gauntlets. 20d6 on a 20 (average damage in the 90's from my experience) versus 10d6 (average of about 50) on a 20 and 2 extra seeker are roughly equivalent on average on higher threat weapons such as the sos- especially if you die and lose your damage buff, the bold now provides another 1.

    It will depend on what weapons your swinging, your targets degree of lightning resistance (which we fight a number of) and the status of your ship damage buff to decide which one is actually providing more damage.

    The damage isn't really what I'll be looking at, its more the extra slots the chrono stuff provides versus the 30% healing amp on the claw gloves that I'll have to weigh out. They're fairly balanced in their usage I think, I'll just end up alternating between the two.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload