Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,645

    Default

    The expiration time on them is unrealistic, really. Even the current damage would be workable if we had time to lay a proper minefield.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  2. #42
    2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Troy, NY
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    Setting traps makes the assumption that the other 5 people in your party are willing to wait for you to set a trap and start the fight. Almost laughable. In my experience, the other party members are opening the door before you can hit f and say trap 75% of the time.

    Rogues need a slow time ability in order to perform the majority of their skills before some zergy jerk dies in a trap and kills the 10% bonus.

  3. #43
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MangLord View Post
    Setting traps makes the assumption that the other 5 people in your party are willing to wait for you to set a trap and start the fight. Almost laughable. In my experience, the other party members are opening the door before you can hit f and say trap 75% of the time.

    Rogues need a slow time ability in order to perform the majority of their skills before some zergy jerk dies in a trap and kills the 10% bonus.
    That's why quests have lava. lol
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  4. #44
    The Hatchery zwiebelring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    If the dev.s made traps *useful*, they were OP. Simple as that. Since the community sets useful equal to mob is dead.

    That was the most awesome soloing capability ever. Along with proper stealth abilities you would have many Rogues. Number crunchers going for maximum efficiency and circumventing whole mob hordes without a single fight... the best you could ever do.

    This game's longterm motivation is TR, which demands a hell of a grind so the dynamic claims fast gameplay. Trapmaking consumes time. Nobody cares as the result.

    If they made traps a viable solo option Assassins/Rogues had a veryn nice asset besides from opportunistic max dps.

    p.s.: bad english is bad, early morning here, need coffee.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 07-27-2013 at 04:22 AM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

  5. #45
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,645

    Default

    As I mentioned before, traps helped an underlevel solo rogue to defeat the mephit ambush in Quenching the Flames. They are a nice solo accessory at low and mid level. They only suck at high levels because high-level traps don't exist. Then again, a full party of mechanics with stacks of mines could still own higher level quests.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  6. #46
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada,Ontario, GTA
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    If the dev.s made traps *useful*, they were OP. Simple as that. Since the community sets useful equal to mob is dead.

    That was the most awesome soloing capability ever. Along with proper stealth abilities you would have many Rogues. Number crunchers going for maximum efficiency and circumventing whole mob hordes without a single fight... the best you could ever do.

    This game's longterm motivation is TR, which demands a hell of a grind so the dynamic claims fast gameplay. Trapmaking consumes time. Nobody cares as the result.

    If they made traps a viable solo option Assassins/Rogues had a veryn nice asset besides from opportunistic max dps.

    p.s.: bad english is bad, early morning here, need coffee.
    I think the main issue is it's not realistic for the rogue to maintain a collection of traps for general use as they don't receive enough parts out of traps and alot of ingredients a rogue cannot obtain for himself. Personally I enoy using the utility traps more than the damage ones and would like to see more of those
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

  7. #47
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    160

    Default

    When I first played ddo I made a rogue.. Remembering the glory days of nwn and constructing my "fallback" room/hallway. When I played a rogue in that game I would fill up an entire room or hallway with traps I've recovered for a fallback spot if things got hairy... I was severely disappointed in the fact I could not re-create this in ddo.

  8. #48
    Community Member DiamondPrinceJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In the dark forests of an exotic plane called Oregon
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I dont use traps but I did make some grenandes that I use every so often, mmore at lower levels. They are great to throw into a door that a summoned monster or someone else has dragged the mob to it. Stand behind the opener, open the door and toss one in. It helps cut down on the hacking when the mob floods thru the door. But like I said... Not used very often at all

  9. #49
    The Hatchery zwiebelring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    I think the main issue is it's not realistic for the rogue to maintain a collection of traps for general use as they don't receive enough parts out of traps and alot of ingredients a rogue cannot obtain for himself. Personally I enoy using the utility traps more than the damage ones and would like to see more of those
    Ressources are an issue for sure. Which is even worse.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload